Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Plastics. posted:

I'm looking for an old comic about a fat man who loses his temper really quickly. A typical comic involves someone doing or saying something small that annoys him, and he flies off the handle. His name might be the title of the comic but that's all I've got.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outbursts_of_Everett_True

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastics.
May 3, 2012
one word
Grimey Drawer

YES! Thank you so much!

Munchlover
Dec 29, 2012

Snaguaro posted:

I'm 98% certain that this is the one you're looking for!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuADIiUrZvI

OH MY GOD YES this is it! Cheers! Any idea where this thing is actually from, or is it a stand-alone animated short?

MrNonacho
May 7, 2002

It ain't easy being white
It ain't easy being brown
All this pressure to be bright
I got children all over town!

rotinaj posted:

There was an old SA flash animation set to Molly by Mindless Self Indulgence. It started with the words "FYAD FUN FOR EVERY ONE" and then was all about a carnival or something like that.

Anyone know where I can watch that again?

http://skizzers.org/sa/fyadcircus.swf

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This is a real longshot, but I used to gawk at crazy conservatives on a site around 1997 or so where the authors had written an insane manifesto wrapped in a piece of fiction Ayn Rand-style. It was written like a Tom Clancy novel (short chapters each focused on a different character) and it about the establishment of an absolute theocratic Christian monarchy in America.

IIRC, it included Bill Clinton being arrested for treason, Dan Rather getting executed and a system of government whereby the absolute monarch was chosen by random lottery (one state is picked, then one person from that state is picked, giving the vast wasteland in the middle of the country a huge edge).

Unfortunately, this tour de force was titled "The First Hundred Days," so it seems to be un-Google-able, if anyone even thought to save it.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
where did :weed: come from? a ball of weed as big as the sun, into the sun? i gathered it was from a youtube or something but i never found it

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

mclast posted:

where did :weed: come from? a ball of weed as big as the sun, into the sun? i gathered it was from a youtube or something but i never found it

Daggerfall

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484928&pagenumber=44&perpage=40#post410483597

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
cool, thanks. i've been wondering that for years

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Anyone have the text file with most of the Hakan stories? Only thing I can seem to find is the goldmined one.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Is this what you're looking for? Found it in the SAclopedia entry.

http://justivo.com/sa/hakan_complete.docx

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe posted:

I'm trying to find a song, and here's what I remember about it. I originally found it on the Internet Archive, it's on an ambient/electronic album (which may have had one of those "[PJ-680]" or something tags at the beginning of it). I don't remember the exact title, but it definitely had "city" or "cities" in it. Dead City or Empty Cities or the like. It had a synth or piano lead, aaaaaaaaand that's all I remember. :c
Doesn't have a piano lead, but it isn't Dead Cities by Future Sound Of London, is it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Ps-OtDdGU

Optimus Prime Ribs
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone have that webcomic of Ocarina of Time where Link is running into that room with all the pots, charging in like he's going into battle, breaking all of them, leaving, and then charging back in?

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Back in the mid-'90s, I was on Prodigy (remember those "$400 off a computer if you sign a contract with an ISP" deals?). It was pre-internet as such; around the same time or slightly before AOL got started.

They had a science column I liked, that I'd like to read again/more. All I remember that might help further is that it did a multipart series on slime molds. Anybody remember that? Does it still exist on the internet? Is the guy still writing it?

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
There was this old Web 1.0 site run by some girl where she just put up illustrations, and quizzes etc. It had a beige background. Some things I remember were that there was a quiz about the Blair Witch project, a page about adding "in accordance with the prophecy" to the end of sentences, and a few other things.

Anyone have a clue?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Optimus Prime Ribs posted:

Anyone have that webcomic of Ocarina of Time where Link is running into that room with all the pots, charging in like he's going into battle, breaking all of them, leaving, and then charging back in?

I haven't seen a webcomic like that, but Lindsey Stirling did a pretty good video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXmMQJMFL_I

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Rollersnake posted:

Yeah, it's not The Weekly. I feel like Weebl & Bob might have been featured on the site at one point? Or it was at least the same era, and the same sort of dumb British humor.

This sounds like B3ta.com with its b3tards. They are still around and respectably hit-n-miss as humor websites go. I found a lot of (now) classic stuff via their frontpage and newsletter.

http://b3ta.com/

SwivelTits2000
Jan 17, 2007
Retarded
About 10-15 years ago, give or take, someone posted a gigantic rant about how they were renouncing GUIs and were going all console from here on in. All of his desktops would be total CLI and nothing but Linux or *BSD. What made this person really stand out was that he also wanted to get married, have children, and raise them in an exclusively console-only environment (and require his wife to renounce GUIs as well). Need to type a report for school? Use vi and LaTEX (or whatever). Want to watch a movie? Use a CLI-based player. Surf the web? Lynx. Email? Mutt. I clearly recall him posting a long-winded goony manifesto to the effect of "heh, you plebs aren't REAL computer users".

I've been curious to follow up on this, because holy poo poo. Especially in this era of smartphones and GUIs for cars, it's a ridiculous notion. Especially trying to explain to your kids' teachers during parent-teacher conferences why your kids are dumbfounded by Windows. And good luck getting a job.

Anyway, I suspect this might have been on Slashdot or somewhere similar, but I can't find anything at all. Anyone remember this?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

SwivelTits2000 posted:

About 10-15 years ago, give or take, someone posted a gigantic rant about how they were renouncing GUIs and were going all console from here on in. All of his desktops would be total CLI and nothing but Linux or *BSD. What made this person really stand out was that he also wanted to get married, have children, and raise them in an exclusively console-only environment (and require his wife to renounce GUIs as well). Need to type a report for school? Use vi and LaTEX (or whatever). Want to watch a movie? Use a CLI-based player. Surf the web? Lynx. Email? Mutt. I clearly recall him posting a long-winded goony manifesto to the effect of "heh, you plebs aren't REAL computer users".

I've been curious to follow up on this, because holy poo poo. Especially in this era of smartphones and GUIs for cars, it's a ridiculous notion. Especially trying to explain to your kids' teachers during parent-teacher conferences why your kids are dumbfounded by Windows. And good luck getting a job.

Anyway, I suspect this might have been on Slashdot or somewhere similar, but I can't find anything at all. Anyone remember this?

Is it this guy? http://changelog.complete.org/archives/7562-i-introduced-my-5-year-old-and-2-year-old-to-startx-and-xmonad-theyre-delighted

It seems to have the same attitude, but I can't find the manifesto. I'd be interested to read it as well.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe posted:

I'm trying to find a song, and here's what I remember about it. I originally found it on the Internet Archive, it's on an ambient/electronic album (which may have had one of those "[PJ-680]" or something tags at the beginning of it). I don't remember the exact title, but it definitely had "city" or "cities" in it. Dead City or Empty Cities or the like. It had a synth or piano lead, aaaaaaaaand that's all I remember. :c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1j_aOZk-v4

Solar Stone - Seven Cities (Atlantis Mix) is also an option here.

It also bangs. Great song.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'd love it if someone could please help me with this.
About 2004-2006, there was a music video. Mainly percussion. The video had a man come in with a head in a suitcase. The group set up a bunch of human heads, which would make beats when hit. I remember a head spinning on a turntable, maybe?. I think there might have been yellow hats? Sorry I can't remember more.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 3, 2014

kazoosandthings
Dec 6, 2004

In order to join the pirate crew,
you must prove yourself on the kazoo.
I read a short joke, possibly in a signature or quotation or (non SA) forum post, in which as best I can recall it was supposed that Morrissey or The Smiths were on the phone in the scene from the Matrix: "What good is a phone call", the quote started out, then followed up with a humorous adaptation of the melodramatic style of Smiths lyrics that went on for a few lines, rather than the expected "if you're unable to speak?", I don't remember if it was actual Smiths lyrics or just something that referenced their style but it has been wracking my brain ever since and I keep finding myself in awful situations where I want to tell people how hilarious it was but I can't remember what it said just how much it made me laugh. When I discovered it first I was sick and under the influence of drowsying cold medicine so it might not actually be quite as funny as I remember but still it must have been humorous enough for someone else to have seen it and liked it, of this I am certain. I really want to know what it said mostly so I can lol once again.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I can't find this post I saw once it was some classic 90s trolling

on a very old message board someone was like "is this the place where we discuss those ridiculous cartoons with the huge eyes" and went off on anime

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I can't find this post I saw once it was some classic 90s trolling

on a very old message board someone was like "is this the place where we discuss those ridiculous cartoons with the huge eyes" and went off on anime

Stating the obvious is trolling now?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Re-requesting this:

Professor Shark posted:

There was a thread here on SA that was full of tips and tricks for life, but mostly ended up being suggestions for computer stuff: programs like Word Web, apps, that kind of thing.

If anyone knows which thread I'm talking about I'd appreciate a link. The thread was so useful that I'd buy archives just to get it again!

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 14, 2014

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Hey where the gently caress did the everest thread that was in GBS very recently go?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ApexAftermath posted:

Hey where the gently caress did the everest thread that was in GBS very recently go?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3626517

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Somewhere is there a cache of the old RobotRon website? It was mostly a 'blog and sometimes had photographs. Eventually it led to a ninja and a pirate spin-off websites.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Somewhere is there a cache of the old RobotRon website? It was mostly a 'blog and sometimes had photographs. Eventually it led to a ninja and a pirate spin-off websites.

"I hope you like punches, because I have a whole sack full of them for you"

Didn't they have a connection to Emotion Eric as well?

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

De Nomolos posted:

"I hope you like punches, because I have a whole sack full of them for you"

Didn't they have a connection to Emotion Eric as well?

I think so. It was back when the internet was small enough where all the humor sites could just link to each other, and then webrings started.

I'm fairly sure Eric Conveys an Emotion is still up. Although to me it is less funny than it used to be.

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator
I'm looking for a video I saw a few years back, it was a documentary-style thing about poor people in some Eastern European country (my memory tells me Latvia but I'm not sure), and I think it focused in particular on a woman living there (and I think she was harassed by her ex-husband or something). All the men were drunk as poo poo and everything was miserable. At one point the woman finds someone she knows passed out drunk in the side of the road and she's just like "hey, stop lying in the road". Another time I think a man (maybe the ex-husband?) stabs himself with a pair of scissors to try to get her attention.

I really want to watch it again and I can't find it by googling obvious terms, please help if this rings a bell!

Edit: I'm also looking for a commercial (not sure if real or fake) for a Mexican restaurant, I think it was on Today's Big Thing back around 2007-2010 but their archive doesn't seem to go back that far. In addition to really poor editing it involves a man propelling himself into the air by shooting his two revolvers downward, and there's a quote about a burger I distinctly remember: "You won't hear any mooing from it, cause it's meat-free - black bean!"

kilogram fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 18, 2014

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

ZombieFrog posted:

THIS IS IT!!! May you live a thousand years or receive a thousand funnel cakes! :)

That was a favorite of mine too. :)

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'm back to try to find another video. :v

It's a spanish song, pretty funky, and the video takes place in a bar. I remember the bartender shaking a drink incredibly creepily to the beat, and also the bar is apparently a front for human trafficking?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
theres a old image macro from sa that says "stop the loving presses" and its a nerdy guy bending over and sticking his head between his legs. its the earliest thing from sa that i can remember

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I'm looking for an internet comic where a really tough looking black dude shaves his face, then immediately turns into a baby.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Mercedes posted:

I'm looking for an internet comic where a really tough looking black dude shaves his face, then immediately turns into a baby.
Dude isn't black but is this it?

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Pilchenstein posted:

Dude isn't black but is this it?

You're like a loving wizard, thank you

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Posting in the correct thread now...

In short, I'm looking for article I read years ago about some kids who got into mostly-legal arms dealing by supplying Iraq/Afghanistan with surplus soviet weapons from eastern europe, but in the end got busted for something stupid. The problem is that I don't remember any names or other details, so searching for this just turns up recent news articles. There's this one that's quite close, but not it, and it was definitely not on buzzfeed.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

mobby_6kl posted:

Posting in the correct thread now...

In short, I'm looking for article I read years ago about some kids who got into mostly-legal arms dealing by supplying Iraq/Afghanistan with surplus soviet weapons from eastern europe, but in the end got busted for something stupid. The problem is that I don't remember any names or other details, so searching for this just turns up recent news articles. There's this one that's quite close, but not it, and it was definitely not on buzzfeed.

Is this it?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, I think that's it, thanks a lot! Have you read it before or how did you manage to find it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo, I think that's it, thanks a lot! Have you read it before or how did you manage to find it?

Yeah, I had read it before in a RS magazine laying around a waiting room somewhere.

• Locked thread