Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Speaking of which here's an ace I just got in goonman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wPdj9zLxgM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Your mouse sensitivity seems really high, are you using a mouse with a DPI shift button or are you just used to that kind of aiming?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ikasu
Oct 8, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Your mouse sensitivity seems really high, are you using a mouse with a DPI shift button or are you just used to that kind of aiming?

the video is sped up

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
The video is not tampered with. 450 dpi, 2.8 sens in game, 6/11 windows, MarkC mousefix. DEATHADDER.

Ikasu
Oct 8, 2007
how do i enable the hip hop music on my deathadder

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
I'd rather have it enable Nancy Sinatra.

Ikasu
Oct 8, 2007
actually to be serious for once how do i get it to 450 dpi? i've got a deathadder 3.5k but the universal driver only lets me set it to 400 or 500. i just use 800 @ 1.5 sens

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
Are you sure it's the 3.5G? Mine only lets me do 450, 900, 1800, 3600. I installed the old drivers (not the Synapse 2 or whatever), changed the DPI, then uninstalled it.

Ikasu
Oct 8, 2007
there's a slider bar that only allows intervals of 100 from 100 all the way to 3500.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
I think tott was talking about the old drivers, which I use as well:

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Daeno posted:

I think tott was talking about the old drivers, which I use as well:

Hahaha, I'm glad I'm not the only one that flipped the functionality of buttons 4+5. They actually fixed this themselves in the Deathadder 2013.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Post the rematch, Prost. :unsmigghh:

e: also that's the hardest I've been rolled in 2~ years of Goonmanning. Especially with Char and Face on the team :psyduck: If anyone wants to watch a funny match, check it out.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 5, 2014

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

mcvey posted:

e: also that's the hardest I've been rolled in 2~ years of Goonmanning. Especially with Char and Face on the team :psyduck: If anyone wants to watch a funny match, check it out.

I don't even know what the gently caress went wrong there we just couldn't seem to get any hold on the game.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of a shutout. :colbert:

Also, you jumping into me at mid through smoke and blasting you in the face in the negev was amazing.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Cuntpunch posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress went wrong there we just couldn't seem to get any hold on the game.
Walking into AWPs for 16 rounds. I'm gonna get 'Nam style flashbacks from that game. Other team was hitting their shots like crazy, big ups to them they never seemed to miss.

Awesome Welles posted:

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of a shutout. :colbert:

Also, you jumping into me at mid through smoke and blasting you in the face in the negev was amazing.
:argh:

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Huzzah first goonman ace, and a pistol round nonetheless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtRIy7J7rJY

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Lately the M4A1 has been like a head seeking death ray while my shots go wild all the time with the AK. Is there a significant difference in movement penalty between the two or something?

Maybe I have more movement than I think when I pull the trigger.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

cat with hands posted:

Lately the M4A1 has been like a head seeking death ray while my shots go wild all the time with the AK. Is there a significant difference in movement penalty between the two or something?

Maybe I have more movement than I think when I pull the trigger.

Some days I can't seem to hit any of my shots, and I think it has to do with my movement being out of sync with my shots. But whenever it happens I always get so focused on aiming that I don't think about my movement that much.

I'm not sure about the movement penalty on the AK vs M4, but I was just reading a bit of google and found someone who says that the M4A1 has a smaller movement penalty if you remove the silencer. So there might be an actual benefit to removing the silencer? Be nice if someone could confirm it.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

Some days I can't seem to hit any of my shots, and I think it has to do with my movement being out of sync with my shots. But whenever it happens I always get so focused on aiming that I don't think about my movement that much.

I'm not sure about the movement penalty on the AK vs M4, but I was just reading a bit of google and found someone who says that the M4A1 has a smaller movement penalty if you remove the silencer. So there might be an actual benefit to removing the silencer? Be nice if someone could confirm it.

That's pretty funny, it's actually true that the silencerless M4A1 has a much lower movement penalty than the silenced version. It almost looks like a mistake due to the weird weapon attribute hierarchy they have now. Without a silencer the penalty is about half of what it is for the AK47 (93 versus 175)

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

a slime posted:

That's pretty funny, it's actually true that the silencerless M4A1 has a much lower movement penalty than the silenced version. It almost looks like a mistake due to the weird weapon attribute hierarchy they have now. Without a silencer the penalty is about half of what it is for the AK47 (93 versus 175)

How does the M4A4 movement penalty compare to M4A1 and M4A1-S? And is it a multiplicative or additive to the normal inaccuracy?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I guess that when the matchmaker figures out your rank, nobody ever wins games:

I feel like I've plateaued pretty hard at Nova 1, unfortunately. If anybody wants to watch a demo and point out my worst habits: steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-esq7j-reLhN-ErkFu-XF6xu-rNcqA

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got banned for 9 days from steam community for some reason, i think someone may have reported my avatar ingame? i decided to query what's going on:

Hello Handsome Fellow 69,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Your avatar, profile text, persona, screenshots, videos or/and links on the account were inappropriate and have been removed. The account has been blocked from the Community.

Once the block is lifted, please refrain from posting any further inappropriate material or the account may be permanently locked.

For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct.

---

Could you specify what was inappropriate. My account profile has not been changed in 10 years except for the addition of a youtube link and so this is sort of a surprise to discover I've been banned for 9 days for something that occurred in the year 2004.

---

Hello Holocaust Denier 1488,

Unfortunately, we will be unable to assist you further with this issue.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

i understand why people hate steam support so much now

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
You got wrecked and came here to let us know how upset about it you are? :confused:

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Sweet, 10 games in a row where someone on my team has left after 1 or 2 rounds.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
l2spell scrub

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Could be worse. I got dished a 4 week community ban couple days ago for my av(i assume).

Had no idea anybody including valve cared

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

The Flying Fish posted:

Hello Holocaust Denier 1488,

What do you think it was? Maybe it was your steam name? They have been known to temp ban people for using some names if you get reported for it.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Could be worse. I got dished a 4 week community ban couple days ago for my av(i assume).

That's why I keep my av as a question mark

Also increases the chances of being called a smurf

Because smurfs always have 5 year coins

J
Jun 10, 2001

Twerk from Home posted:

I guess that when the matchmaker figures out your rank, nobody ever wins games:

I feel like I've plateaued pretty hard at Nova 1, unfortunately. If anybody wants to watch a demo and point out my worst habits: steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-esq7j-reLhN-ErkFu-XF6xu-rNcqA

Which one is you in the demo?

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
runsupport.jpg

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

You were in serious danger of dropping 60 if that comeback kept going on. :catstare:
I think the gman record is still held by Cent at like 50~.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Apogee15 posted:

What do you think it was? Maybe it was your steam name? They have been known to temp ban people for using some names if you get reported for it.

thats a replacement for my real name you moron

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

yeah that's the problem. you cop a ban and when you ask what it was for there's no answer

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mcvey posted:

You were in serious danger of dropping 60 if that comeback kept going on. :catstare:
I think the gman record is still held by Cent at like 50~.

Didn't you and I drop 50+ in an OT game once?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The Flying Fish posted:

yeah that's the problem. you cop a ban and when you ask what it was for there's no answer

Well what was your avatar then?

The Flying Fish posted:

I totally get you, the first thing that pops into my mind when I'm looking for an anonymous handle is Holocaust Denier 1488

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

The Flying Fish posted:

No poo poo, you don't get banned for a steam support account. But the fact that you would use those names as a replacement seems to suggest you'd use names like that for your steam profile, which as I said can get you temp banned.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

The Flying Fish posted:

You getting banned is usually enough to understand "You did something really stupid" and you get punished for it. What's so hard to comprehend about it? Valve has never released information regarding bans, temporary or permanent.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Figured out the AK-problem.

The movement penalty on the AK makes me feel slow, I get impatient and start to move while shooting.
Probably shouldn't DM so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

cat with hands posted:

Figured out the AK-problem.

The movement penalty on the AK makes me feel slow, I get impatient and start to move while shooting.
Probably shouldn't DM so much.

I get the same way, especially since entry fragging is my strong suit.
Basically the cure I've found is to get to know my peek lines well enough that I only have to stop long enough to one click anybody I see.

• Locked thread