Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I hope we keep BM. Results have been dreadful (and would be a sacking almost anywhere) but I think he can do a job for us next term assuming everything off-pitch is stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Leicester City is mathematically promoted now. Grats to them, Nugent looks like a good player somehow now.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Nugent looks like a good player somehow now.
It's the Championship

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Danny graham, marlon king and heidar helguson have all done well for Watford in the championship and moved to premier league sides for a few million each lol.

Ebanks-Blake scoring about 30 goals one season and then scoring one or two after promotion with wolves is another good one.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I wonder how big Leicester's fine will be for breaking FFP rules

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
http://www.football-italia.net/47440/cellino-right-man-leeds

quote:

Massimo Cellino will officially buy 75% of Leeds United after winning his appeal against the Football League.

The Cagliari President had originally been rejected under the terms of the Fit and Proper Person test due to a conviction for tax evasion in Italy, but won his appeal today.

This is because the Italian legal system doesn’t consider a conviction to be formalised until it has gone through all three levels of appeal and Cellino’s case is still at the first.

“Eleonora Sport take a 75% stakeholding in the club while former majority shareholders GFH Capital and investors will retain 25%,” read a statement on the Leeds United website.

“Completion of the acquisition will see Massimo Cellino take up the position as President of Leeds United, and he will head up a new-look board.”

Among the changes, current managing director David Haigh will become the new Chief Executive Officer.

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Leicester City is mathematically promoted now. Grats to them, Nugent looks like a good player somehow now.

woo :toot:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Cool to see Leicester City back in the PL, imo

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Time to bring the fox in the box out of retirement.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Congrats Foxes!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Are Leeds a mega rich club now

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
The worst thing about Leeds getting bought is that vampire Ken Bates won't get used as much.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
5th best Away form in the whole league. Worst home form in the whole league

Need to play all our games away imo. St Andrews is a loving shithouse

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Remember when no-one could beat you at St. Andrew's? :psyduck:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

irlZaphod posted:

Remember when no-one could beat you at St. Andrew's? :psyduck:

Roger Johnson, Scott Dann CB with Joe Hart in goal

Makes me sad :(

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Back when Johnson and Hart were good players. :newlol:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Now that Chris Hughton has been sacked, can we please get him back at Birmingham

Pretty please

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

So are Leicester proper good with a decent setup or will they go down in flames next year?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
How come Leeds keep getting bought by billionaires yet keep needing to be bought by billionaires idgi?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

euroboy posted:

So are Leicester proper good with a decent setup or will they go down in flames next year?

I'd imagine their squad will need a pretty big overhaul to compete in the Premier League. They're owned by a Thai billionaire so I guess much will depend on how they invest.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

How come Leeds keep getting bought by billionaires yet keep needing to be bought by billionaires idgi?

Leeds are a sleeping giant

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

euroboy posted:

Looking at the track record of Southeast Asian owners in in Premier League thusfar uh....

But I think they could do alright. The current owner has shown a good amount of patience with Pearson, hasn't been a caricature like Tan or Fernandes and seems pretty willing to contribute to sensible purchases. Plus there's some decent players in now.

On the other hand David Nugent

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Sauska posted:

On the other hand David Nugent

And Paul Konchesky

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Now that Chris Hughton has been sacked, can we please get him back at Birmingham
Unrelated, but how has Jordan Ibe been doing? Have you seen him play much?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Bournemouth are going up the script is written 2 nil against Reading already.

loving hell we're beating Leicester 2 nil!!!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Bournemouth are going up the script is written 2 nil against Reading already.

loving hell we're beating Leicester 2 nil!!!
Leicester are going to be giving out free crisps and points for the rest of the season.

Bournemouth are on a great run atm. They'll deserve it if they go up.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Goals galore in the Championship tonight about 20 goals in the first half an hour.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Which Leeds has that bet with me again?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Only two of them against leeds as well

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
You know which leeds don't pretend you don't!!!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You know which leeds don't pretend you don't!!!

Is it you?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Doncaster v Bolton could honestly be six all. This game is daft!

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Is it you?

No I think it was sex ghost

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
Blackburn's late playoff charge is a go.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Goals galore in the Championship tonight about 20 goals in the first half an hour.
Wigan need to score a couple ffs

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Cart Cam posted:

Blackburn's late playoff charge is a go.
And QPR's collapse continues haha

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
The only teams to lose more than leeds this season are the bottom two clubs

Fml

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Leeds are a kickass team to be sure

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

loving over Redknapp makes the result even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

We basically have no players left. We're playing Luke Young at CB even though has hasn't played all season, and Will Keane is the worst striker since, I don't even know who. I don't remember anyone less effective in the last twenty years.

One of the bookmakers had the fourth most likely player to score as Kevin Doyle, who is out for the rest of the season and has gone back to Wolves. And, well, they are probably still correct.

• Locked thread