Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

SassyRobot posted:

I unironically want an icon of the deranged cartoon dishwasher... or is it really a carton dishwasher? Maybe that's why it's so deranged-looking! Please allow me to embellish it with pretty colors to replace my balding Captain Scarlet :3:?

Go for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Your keyboard is so pink! :swoon:

Does 123peppy.com have drawing tutorials for left-handed people? This might be a little too right-centric for my tastes and abilities.

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

ANGRY WASHING duh-duh duh-duh duh-DUH!

Ramengank posted:

Does 123peppy.com have drawing tutorials for left-handed people? This might be a little too right-centric for my tastes and abilities.

Just turn your monitor upside down, silly :downs:!

I... I think I did something wrong.

Oh dear.

:stare: My Beautiful Carton Dishwasher

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

SassyRobot posted:

Oh dear.

You did not. :allears:

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!

SassyRobot posted:

Oh dear.

Do I spy the next girl games avatar for DVac?

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

Friends don't let friends do sarcasm.
I learned something interesting. Do you all recall that High School App that was found a while back? My sister downloaded and has been playing it to some degree and, apart from enjoying it to a surprising degree, found something interesting. It's heavily associated with an anti-cyberbullying website, to the point whereby one of the cash shop outfits raises funds for that site.

Screenshots have been acquired, if anyone is interested.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Everything in this thread is wonderful!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Somebody hasn't watched episode 17.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Wanamingo posted:

Well, actually...

You could have told me that was from an early tomb raider game and I wouldn't have even noticed. gently caress, graphics have come a long way.

Ariong posted:

Somebody hasn't watched episode 17.
Or any other episode. :rimshot:

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

SassyRobot posted:

So this is what creation feels like.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Bacchante posted:

I learned something interesting. Do you all recall that High School App that was found a while back? My sister downloaded and has been playing it to some degree and, apart from enjoying it to a surprising degree, found something interesting. It's heavily associated with an anti-cyberbullying website, to the point whereby one of the cash shop outfits raises funds for that site.

Screenshots have been acquired, if anyone is interested.

Post them, I wanna see.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
Girls like icecream, washing machines, and the letter U, right?

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

haplesscardsharp posted:

Girls like icecream, washing machines, and the letter U, right?

I don't think anyone likes washing machines.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Devious Vacuum posted:

Well, they're better than washing clothes by hand at least.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Devious Vacuum posted:

How can anyone not like Washing Machine senpai <3?

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

Friends don't let friends do sarcasm.

This is apparently one of the messages from a 'quest' chain in the game that was reportedly rather involved and in-depth.

And if you check the 'Help' section of the game, you can reportedly find this. Cybersmile is apparently a British charity that nevertheless attempts to spread global awareness of Cyberbullying, and offers a number of helpful services.

Finally, we have this. I'm not sure of the exact mechanics of the in-app purchases, but as far as I understand it every time someone buys this outfit, some money is donated to Cybersmile. Since the currency is, I believe, purchased using real money then that makes sense.

A neat little extra depth to something we'd already found to be somewhat positive.

Bacchante fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 3, 2014

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

chocolatekake posted:

As an artist, I always struggled when drawing tomatoes.

NOT ANYMORE!!!

http://howtodraw.123peppy.com/cartoon-tomato/2150

I followed the guide but for some reason mine came out all wrong...

I'll never be pretty in time for fruit prom...

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 3, 2014

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.

Miijhal posted:

I followed the guide but for some reason mine came out all wrong...

I'll never be pretty in time for fruit prom...

It's ok, Carton Dishwasher can help with that!

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

chocolatekake posted:

This is amazing!!!

oh god now I just want all the gifs of cartoon dishwasher turning nice art into garbage

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW

chocolatekake posted:

Is this the real life?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

tinkerttoy posted:

Is this the real life?
It's just fantasy.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives

(This was WAY too hard to find a pic of considering that looking for "landslide" pictures these days are incredibly sad results)

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

WeX Majors posted:

(This was WAY too hard to find a pic of considering that looking for "landslide" pictures these days are incredibly sad results)

I'm confused. What is this pic for?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DreamingofRoses posted:

I'm confused. What is this pic for?

No escape from reality.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

No escape from reality.

:cripes:

Apparently, I forgot the lyrics.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Look up to the skies and see.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

:siren: UPDATE! :siren:

with AsteriskAsterisk

Get ready to get saaaaaaaaaad. Or hungry? OR BOTH?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh boy, look at these size 10+ hogs!:yum: Fat Party dress up was as close as these could get to reality or almost attempting to make a positive message - despite whatever that weird position the template was making, but its still all hollow shame games by projecting that you're fatty fat when you've hit double digit dress sizes. God help you if you're not officially a kawaii cute fat girl or if these game makers ever get the idea to put health tip pop-ups on these games when you switch around clothing or if we go through the internet looking glass on this subject.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Was Curvy Hilda from SH3 a victim of dressup?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Aw man, I just went back to Dress Up Fat Girl and it isn't working for me either. Now all that we have left of Dress Up Fat Girl is this solitary screenshot I took long ago.

Awe-inspiring. Pretty sure there were supposed to be five hairstyles there, and this was taken on my first run where two of them flew off the screen.

And while I'm here I might as post this piece of an update that never was because school completely truncated all my free time. I spent multiple hours on this poo poo. Multiple. I'll be damned if someone other than me doesn't see it.

What was going to be the context for this? The world may never know. :ghost:

e: And why not here's a Monster High Burger. Notice the complete lack of hamburger patty.

Yeah, girls, I know you wanted meat on your burgers but how else are you going to keep that rail-thin, Monster High physique?

e2: Oh poo poo I just realized I accessorized my post about a fat girl dress-up game with food. I have become the girl game.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 6, 2014

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
After watching this video, I think I understand. "Plus-sized" must mean that the woman's measurements are positive numbers. I suppose that means that instead of an hourglass figure, a non-plus-sized woman must look something like a Klein bottle.

I think that is a pretty positive message for girls.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The amount of bodyshaming to these games is just plain ridiculous.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

YourAverageJoe posted:

The amount of bodyshaming to these games is just plain ridiculous.

The problem isn't so much that it's ridiculous... It's that this ridiculous is still considered largely normal, and many people don't think it's worth commenting on or getting angry about.

Nidoking posted:

After watching this video, I think I understand. "Plus-sized" must mean that the woman's measurements are positive numbers. I suppose that means that instead of an hourglass figure, a non-plus-sized woman must look something like a Klein bottle.

I think that is a pretty positive message for girls.

So, er... that's positive, huh? Wait, no, that would be bodyshaming people with their... I don't even know what they'd have stuck up their rear end and through their... No, wait, that... :psyboom:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

JamieTheD posted:

So, er... that's positive, huh? Wait, no, that would be bodyshaming people with their... I don't even know what they'd have stuck up their rear end and through their... No, wait, that... :psyboom:

It was a math pun.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Nidoking posted:

It was a math pun.

I approve of math puns. Unfortunately the fashion industry has decided to sidestep the absurdity that would be negative sizing and opt for sizes 0 and 00, the existences of which make me just as angry. Vanity sizing, size inflation, whatever you call it, I hate it all.

dijon du jour posted:

e: And why not here's a Monster High Burger. Notice the complete lack of hamburger patty.

Yeah, girls, I know you wanted meat on your burgers but how else are you going to keep that rail-thin, Monster High physique?
Not with that carb-filled bun you won't. You'll need to drop the cheese too. Might as well eat a salad.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'
I didn't really notice this until the Adele game, but why is every girl in a dress up game in her underwear?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

haplesscardsharp posted:

I didn't really notice this until the Adele game, but why is every girl in a dress up game in her underwear?

Because if they were already wearing clothes, you couldn't dress them up!

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

haplesscardsharp posted:

Some of them start with a default outfit that is just the first selection of every list.

I think we should all take a moment to pause and reflect on the internalized objectification of women's bodies that is so ingrained into our culture that we don't even notice or think it's weird to be bombarded with images of questionably-aged nearly naked women in these games. And of course the games themselves contribute to this internalized objectification, because they are targeted at little girls and yet sexualize the women you're dressing up.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

That entire video just reminded me how I think someone who looks like Velma is more attractive than someone who looks like Dapheni.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

azren posted:

That entire video just reminded me how I think someone who looks like Velma is more attractive than someone who looks like Dapheni.

While I appreciate your willingness to divulge such a personal statement, whether or not you find a woman attractive does not determine her objective worth, regardless of whether or not your opinions line up with society's. Telling a woman "well *I* think you're attractive" is still adhering to the same structure that made her feel unworthy in the first place, i.e. that women's objective worth is determined by their physical attractiveness. This kind of attitude is not going to solve any problems. What we need to be saying instead is that people have intrinsic value as human beings that is independent of their physical appearance.

• Locked thread