Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

M3wThr33 posted:

drat. Lots of new achievements and upgrades. Seems most of the new ones are to bake a certain amount from that type.

code:
		order=1070;
		new Game.Achievement('Click delegator','Make <b>1,000,000,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from cursors.',[0,0]);
		order=1120;
		new Game.Achievement('Gushing grannies','Make <b>1,000,000,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from grandmas.',[1,0]);
		order=1220;
		new Game.Achievement('I hate manure','Make <b>1,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from farms.',[2,0]);
		order=1320;
		new Game.Achievement('The incredible machine','Make <b>10,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from factories.',[4,0]);
		order=1420;
		new Game.Achievement('Never dig down','Make <b>100,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from mines.',[3,0]);
		order=1520;
		new Game.Achievement('And beyond','Make <b>1,000,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from shipments.',[5,0]);
		order=1620;
		new Game.Achievement('Magnum Opus','Make <b>10,000,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from alchemy labs.',[6,0]);
		order=1720;
		new Game.Achievement('With strange eons','Make <b>100,000,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from portals.',[7,0]);
		order=1820;
		new Game.Achievement('Spacetime jigamaroo','Make <b>1,000,000,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from time machines.',[8,0]);
		order=1920;
		new Game.Achievement('Supermassive','Make <b>10,000,000,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from antimatter condensers.',[13,0]);
		order=2020;
		new Game.Achievement('Praise the sun','Make <b>100,000,000,000,000,000,000</b> cookies just from prisms.',[14,0]);
		hide=0;
Also going to assume this fucks up Cookie Master, so I won't even bother loading any helpers.

Edit: Those new cheevos are impossible to get. They don't take into account your multiplier. So it's going to be VERY VERY VERY VERY slow to get there.

This is so dumb. Just as I was closing in on 200 prisms/antimatter. Stalling around 190ish of both right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
Aaaaand now they took take the multiplier into effect. Refresh for easy cheevos.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

M3wThr33 posted:

Aaaaand now they took take the multiplier into effect. Refresh for easy cheevos.
Is it just me, or are most of those not actually easy? A quick refresh only got me the farm. Am I just counting those zeroes wrong, or are those actually pretty significant endgame achievements?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I have 200 farms generating 16,000 cookies per second together. To get 1,000,000,000,000 cookies at this rate will take some 723 days. This is by far the most tractable of those new achievements.

Fake edit: oh wait

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I've had my game running for almost a week and got the farm and factory ones. I'd say this favors those who reset less.

Edit:
gently caress. Black Cat's Paw is now a regular cheevo. 7,777 Golden cookies? I'm at half that... I don't use an auto-clicker.

M3wThr33 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 5, 2014

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

M3wThr33 posted:

gently caress. Black Cat's Paw is now a regular cheevo. 7,777 Golden cookies? I'm at half that... I don't use an auto-clicker.

29,602 golden cookies here, never used any modifications of the game either, I just put it up in the corner of my screen while I'm doing other stuff so that I can see it all at once.
I also am a pathetic nerd.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Heads up, Orteil recommends you use a save editor to reduce it back to normal if you got one of those crazy cookie chains as they were a bug:lol: Newer updates also reduced the building achievements, how chains work (faster, but give less max by like /6), fixed it for Opera. Here's the full update list as of now:

Cookie Clicker Forum posted:

v1.0414 - main update with the following features:
> new achievements for making xxx cookies with a building
> "tiny cookie" and "you win a cookie" achievements
> modding in achievements/upgrades will not break saves
> other bugfixes
> saving of wrinklers
> cookie chains don't start with 6 (or 7) cookies, but can pay out insane rewards

v1.0415 - cookie chains no longer give ridiculous amounts of cookies

v1.0416 - session time bug fixed and the stat works again

v1.0417 - two fixes:
> altered "bake x cookies with y" achievements so that they are possible (now they take months instead of millennia)
> the game can now run in Opera again

Edit: Oh right, there's also a new Focus option enabled by default that uses less resources if the window isn't focused, if you noticed some lagging.

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 5, 2014

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Is there an easy way to edit saves for those of us who don't code?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Trudis posted:

Is there an easy way to edit saves for those of us who don't code?
Cookies Save Editor
Cookies Calculator is also useful.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Goddamnit, of course this chain bug had to happen on a friday night where I have better things to do than click cookies, didn't it? I wanna be done :C

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
So these new bake x cookies with y building achievements; If I reset then the achievement counter resets too or will it remember?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wow, I'm less than 1% to most of the X cookies with Y buildings achievements. And there's nothing you can do to speed them up, just idle for a few weeks.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

d3rt posted:

So these new bake x cookies with y building achievements; If I reset then the achievement counter resets too or will it remember?

It will reset. They are also unaffected by Heavenly Chips and seem unaffected by Golden Cookies so it is just a matter of buying a bunch of buildings and then waiting.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Whoa. I accidentally refreshed, momentarily bemoaned the loss of my wrinklers...

...and then all ten just swam(?) right back into place. Neato.

e: I guess that's what "wrinklers should now be saved so you don't have to pop them everytime you refresh the game" means. Duh.

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 5, 2014

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

How do I change the cookies made this game so that I don't get the "you cheated" achievement? I successfully turned down my heavenly chips from 40 billion to just 600,000 without getting it, but when I reset I'm going to have 13 million chips that I don't feel I earned and would like to get rid of them without the cheating stigma.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Trudis posted:

How do I change the cookies made this game so that I don't get the "you cheated" achievement? I successfully turned down my heavenly chips from 40 billion to just 600,000 without getting it, but when I reset I'm going to have 13 million chips that I don't feel I earned and would like to get rid of them without the cheating stigma.
Hit the achievements button in the editor and unclick the cheater shadow achievement.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

The way the game determines the "Cheated cookies taste awful" achievement is incredibly simplistic, too, so even if the reality was you had to fix something (and could only use the console or equivalent) it'd still be easy.

Edit: Oh neat, Orteil just showed a peek at the Easter update and he's working on adding buying/selling multiples at a time and some more helpful CPS UI.

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 6, 2014

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I like that cookie chains start so much higher now, but I haven't had one go above 77 Quadrillion since the latest update.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
72 hours in and I've only achieved 2 of the new 'make X with Y' cheevos. I want those reset chips so bad, it's killing me.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

d3rt posted:

72 hours in and I've only achieved 2 of the new 'make X with Y' cheevos. I want those reset chips so bad, it's killing me.

Same. I suspect each 'total baked with building' cheevo is 10x the total baked of the previous, so I should probably suck it up and reset, as I was overdue before the update hit.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

You are correct that each achievement level is 10x the previous, except for Grandmas and Cursors (so the shipment achievement is 10x greater than the mine achievement). Since the buildings don't directly scale this leads to some funky math so strangely the Alchemy Lab takes the longest by far.

And yeah, it may seem like you should just idle but after the first few the amount of time starts to spike rapidly, to the point where everything past Shipments will take a month or more. Resetting will get you better CPS which means you will be able to buy more buildings and get these achievements faster (so resetting after 3 days may seem like wasted progress, but you might be able to shave 5 days off your wait for certain achievements this way).

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

That works, except on some of the higher level ones you'll need shitloads upon shitloads to just buy 1 more building, which is just a 0.5% increase in speed.

Right now I'm in kind of a holding pattern. While Cookie Master is all FUBAR, I'm not running anything, and just buying Prisms when I can afford them. My new current goal is Black Cat's Paw. I need to get more active clicking the Golden Cookie.

And I don't mind killing a few weeks towards the new cheevos in that process. All that milk will help me get more HC anyway.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

M3wThr33 posted:

That works, except on some of the higher level ones you'll need shitloads upon shitloads to just buy 1 more building, which is just a 0.5% increase in speed.

Right now I'm in kind of a holding pattern. While Cookie Master is all FUBAR, I'm not running anything, and just buying Prisms when I can afford them. My new current goal is Black Cat's Paw. I need to get more active clicking the Golden Cookie.

And I don't mind killing a few weeks towards the new cheevos in that process. All that milk will help me get more HC anyway.

Here, this fixed it for me http://www.reddit.com/r/CookieClicker/comments/229ssk/cookiemaster_fix_for_cookieclicker_v10417/

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

That breaks other things, like sounds and other poo poo.
I'm waiting for an official fix.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I just looked at the progress I've made on the new achievements, which is basically nothing even with 152,167 heavenly chips and 769,921,258,028,254 CpS, and decided these cheevos are loving bullshit.

There I said it :colbert:

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 8, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Gangringo posted:

I like that cookie chains start so much higher now, but I haven't had one go above 77 Quadrillion since the latest update.
Yeah this update wrecked cookie chains. The rewards are terrible and it's harder to reach 7777 Golden Cookies right after it became a proper achievement.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

So did the business update actually do anything? Did it add any new cookies or anything like the other seasons did?

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Nope. Just broke a lot of poo poo. Then a few days later came the fuckery with new achievements, and the fix for the long-stand bug of the current season not being re-selectable after it expired.

He was posting on Reddit that he plans to move Seasons and Factory Upgrades into their own sections in the future, along with allowing you to buy up to 10 buildings at once, and sell ALL buildings with a single click.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

M3wThr33 posted:

Nope. Just broke a lot of poo poo. Then a few days later came the fuckery with new achievements, and the fix for the long-stand bug of the current season not being re-selectable after it expired.

He was posting on Reddit that he plans to move Seasons and Factory Upgrades into their own sections in the future, along with allowing you to buy up to 10 buildings at once, and sell ALL buildings with a single click.
I understand most of those... but why does he want to make selling easier? Does anyone ever sell anything, except one grandma once for the achievement?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I sure ain't. I was hoping it was a part of the April Fools' update, and it only allowed you to bulk-sell farms. Since everyone's always bitching about how much farms suck. :v:

[edit]
Ironically, I just unlocked 'I hate manure', for producing x cookies using farms.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 8, 2014

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Merijn posted:

I sure ain't. I was hoping it was a part of the April Fools' update, and it only allowed you to bulk-sell farms. Since everyone's always bitching about how much farms suck. :v:

[edit]
Ironically, I just unlocked 'I hate manure', for producing x cookies using farms.

Yeah the farm and factory achievements are the only 2 you will get for a long, long time.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What are the numbers from x cookies with each building?

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

MooCowlian posted:

What are the numbers from x cookies with each building?

Check this out.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Erm, pretty interesting new update. Lot of cosmetic changes which kind of threw me off at first with the new number formatting and different pop-up message styling. It looks like there are even more achievements as well as efficiency upgrades to the buildings (looks like they unlock at 200 for each building) to reduce the time for the new achievements to unlock. Also the ability to buy 10 of a building at a time although I don't see how to do that.

Also still has some glitchiness as all of the building graphics have disappeared for me.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just a note, when I first updated it there was a weird graphic glitch thing as well, which didn't let me see the cookie when the window was minimized (firefox). Closing the window and opening the page again fixed it though. Although it did weirdly give me the cheated cookie achievement when I did for apparently no reason.

Anyway all the new efficient upgrades are pretty crazy and looks like more kittens (kitten managers for 837 quintillion.)

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Ground floor on another update.

Funny that every time one of these comes along I hope for another exploitable glitch.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Kitten Managers... 837.9 Qi.
Oh god. Not sure I can get there...
Bought all the new upgrades I could. 466 Trillion CPS.
(Current game I've made 2 Sx... I could sell all my prisms and have enough to buy it...)

Edit:
Everything gets an efficiency doubler at 200 units. So that'll be a boost for a lot of things now.

M3wThr33 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 9, 2014

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Hrmm, it seems to be glitching out even harder for me; it is now saying I have only forfeited 2 cookies by resetting and have made 400 trillion all time (despite having 133 quintillion in the bank). I am going to go back to a previous save and wait till this poo poo gets hammered out a little more.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hmm, its weirded up all the stats. It has cookies backed this game as 3.5 Qi, cookies in bank 133 Qi, and cookies forfeited by resetting as 2... just 2, even though it knows I'e resetted 14 times and am on about 200,000 Heavenly chips, although I can't seem to find that info in the stats anyway, even though its reflected in my clicks per secound.

Anyway this is all very confusing but as everything seems to technically be working I'm just going to ignore all the no sense making stuff.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah I luckily export saves before and after going to work each day when I switch computers so I had a fresh one and only lost about an hour of gameplay. I would create a backup anyone who hasn't refreshed yet just because it would suck to lose a bunch of your progress.

Also when I reverted I got new graphics for all the new upgrades, before they were all weird pastel colored cookies, now they are like the other upgrades (cursors, watering cans, mining picks etc) except semi-translucent and dripping with goo? (ectoplasm maybe?)

• Locked thread