Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

Is that really happening much? If it is just shows how patronising the press are

Its because he's a big Spurs man and Spurs fans control the media, also Alan Shearer loves him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

DickEmery posted:

Arsenal posters turning on their players is beyond parody now.

For the record I am NOT turning on the players and am ONLY turning on Wenger

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

You're playing against Wigan you negative ninny.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
Wenger out IMO. Imagine if you guys had a proper manager, like Brendan Rodgers.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

irlZaphod posted:

Um, about that...

pik_d fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 6, 2014

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Carrier posted:

Remember when all the arsenal posters posted incessantly about how great giroud was and wanted to marry him? I do.

I still rate Giroud, but it's pretty obvious he's an ill fit for a one-striker system. Also, he's played an insane number of minutes this season and has to be totally knackered.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

irlZaphod posted:

You mean FA Cup defenders Wigan?

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

irlZaphod posted:

I'm not sure that squad today could have beaten Wigan. Are you?

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

irlZaphod posted:

You think Arsenal will beat Wigan?

lol

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Shitshow posted:

I still rate Giroud, but it's pretty obvious he's an ill fit for a one-striker system. Also, he's played an insane number of minutes this season and has to be totally knackered.

He's a professional footballer.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I like Giroud, he's a good player and while he's been really poor lately I don't think he should be singled out for criticism. It's hard to do anything when the players behind him are only tapping short passes around fifty years away from the box without trying to make any moves towards goal. Rosicky is the only one trying to make things happen, Podolski is a garbageman most of the time and gently caress knows what Cazorla, Arteta and Flamini is up to. In any other team Giroud would be benched and allowed to rest and build confidence but that's clearly not an option at Arsenal since Sanogo is a kid and Bendtner has been completely frozen out of the team.

I think a lot of Arsenal fans are very quick to single out players and blame them everything (like Ramsey last year) but it's not about individuals except for the manager.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Arsenal will easily beat Wigan

I'd be very happy if it didn't happen, I might even laugh out loud, but I just can't see it tbh

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

This is the team that beat City though.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Arsenal will easily beat Wigan

I'd be very happy if it didn't happen, I might even laugh out loud, but I just can't see it tbh

I hope you're right but everything is going wrong at the minute and I don't know what to think anymore.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

euroboy posted:

I like Jozy, he's a good player and while he's been really poor lately I don't think he should be singled out for criticism. It's hard to do anything when the players behind him are only tapping short passes around fifty years away from the box without trying to make any moves towards goal. Johnson is the only one trying to make things happen, Fletcher is a garbageman most of the time and gently caress knows what Cattermole, Larsson and Gardener is up to. In any other team Jozy would be benched and allowed to rest and build confidence but that's clearly not an option at Sunderland since Borini is a kid and Scocco has been completely frozen out of the team.

I think a lot of Sunderland fans are very quick to single out players and blame them everything (like Sessegnon last year) but it's not about individuals except for the manager.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

lol

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

aeverous posted:

Wenger out IMO. Imagine if you guys had a proper manager, like Brendan Rodgers.

Or huge luck with injuries and no European games. It's making me think for sure.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Carrier posted:

He's a professional footballer.

Sam Byram, a literal teenager, played 53 games last season in his first full season and his performances didnt drop over time

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shitshow posted:

Yeah he's getting a lot of abuse recently but he is so so isolated. If anything I would criticize the central midfielders the most. have no clue what they're doing. They're now tracking back and not linking up with the forwards they just exist to play cheeky short passes and lose possession.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

not not luvd posted:

Or huge luck with injuries and no European games. It's making me think for sure.

You'd still be playing Giroud, Bendtner or Sanogo

makes you think

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

belgend posted:

This is the team that beat City though.
Only because City got overconfident and felt it was all in the bag, that they didn't need to turn up (despite making the same mistake in the final last year).

Arsenal were poo poo today, but they were decent against City. As long as they stay grounded and don't assume they can just walk to the final, they'll easily beat Wigan. It's Wenger's job to make sure that happens.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

irlZaphod posted:

It's Wenger's job to make sure that happens.

Wenger's not very good at his job, he should walk.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Grimble posted:

You'd still be playing Giroud, Bendtner or Sanogo

makes you think

Sometimes I wonder if Walcott, Ramsey or Ozil would even get into the team with those three in form.

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah he's getting a lot of abuse recently but he is so so isolated. If anything I would criticize the central midfielders the most. have no clue what they're doing. They're now tracking back and not linking up with the forwards they just exist to play cheeky short passes and lose possession.

He has zero pace, skill and his finishing is average. He would be fine in a different team but he is not an Arsenal striker.

Also his reactions after every single miss make me want to throttle him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Screen Error posted:

Its because he's a big Spurs man and Spurs fans control the media, also Alan Shearer loves him.

Wow, mods? I love him and also Shearer

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

irlZaphod posted:

Arsenal were poo poo today, but they were decent against City. As long as they stay grounded and don't assume they can just walk to the final, they'll easily beat Wigan. It's Wenger's job to make sure that happens.

It all depends on whether Arsenal show up for it. Recent history says they probably won't.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Man United can now no longer mathematically retain the title.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

irlZaphod posted:

Man United can now no longer mathematically retain the title.

Can they still be relegated?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

It all depends on whether Arsenal show up for it. Recent history says they probably won't.
Y'all are being big negative babies imo.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

pik_d posted:

Can they still be relegated?
Unfortunately not, they've a 20 point lead on Fulham.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

irlZaphod posted:

Y'all are being big negative babies imo.

Agreed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

not not luvd posted:

ARsenal have the same injury problems every year lmao

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

ARsenal have the same injury problems every year lmao

One of the many reasons why Wenger must walk.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
That's like 3 pages in a row of Arsenal fans blatantly plagiarizing me without citation.

Mods please do something.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

euroboy posted:

Podolski is a garbageman most of the time and gently caress knows what Cazorla, Arteta and Flamini is up to.

I don't normally defend Arsenal players, since it's normally somebody claiming that Koscielny and Mertesacker are the best defenders in the league or that Arsenal are better man-for-man than Chelsea, but I'm pretty sure all four of those players (and Ozil) were good before they showed up at Arsenal. If they're collectively phoning it in, maybe it's more to do with the club than it is to do with them.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

Wow, mods? I love him and also Shearer

Joking aside there are a lot of pundits who either played with him or coached with him and he's such a nice man that the rest don't want to believe he's not very good.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

If they're collectively phoning it in, maybe it's more to do with the club than it is to do with them.

Yeah that's the point I'm trying to make

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

not not luvd posted:

But your form has dropped since you got knocked out...?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
The gay team I'm supporting is killing me, there's literally nothing I can say to defend the Arsenal at this juncture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Tell me you didn't make this.

• Locked thread