Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Coredump posted:

I so rarely take pictures of my car, but I did earlier today so I figure I would whore it out here too.

Maybe take some pictures away from a tree because you have a pretty neat car there, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Cage posted:

Maybe take some pictures away from a tree because you have a pretty neat car there, friend.

I think the tree adds to it. :v:

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Yep that seals it. 90s cars in general are pretty much my favorite - from E34s to Silvias and Supras.. I don't know why, but there's just something about them that make me lust after them hahaha. :V <could be because I'm from the 90s>

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 24, 2019

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Coredump posted:

I think the tree adds to it. :v:

How did you make it climb up that wall?

See because

MrSaturn fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 26, 2014

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Some photos from a weekend trip home to pickup the M3, also installed new coilovers up front (still need to do the rears).

Dads e46 touring, my winter e30 325is and the summer 96 M3 all together for a family photo.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Extra posted:

Fairly simple styling without the hard geometric lines of 80s cars and the bloated tumors that are post-2000 cars.

Low waistlines of the car are also a huge plus. Driving in a lowered E36 makes you feel tiny compared to what else is on the road.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Coredump posted:

I so rarely take pictures of my car, but I did earlier today so I figure I would whore it out here too.

An attempt was made.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Coredump posted:

I want that tree shadow paint job so bad. It looks like a thermochromic job.

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007
Atk:13 Add: Don't Act

Man I miss my s14 :(

Egged on the way home last night.

SpellEdge fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 27, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What dd you do to get egged?

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Looks like a late model Liberty/Legacy (not sure if they're in the US).

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

fingerling posted:

Looks like a late model Liberty/Legacy (not sure if they're in the US).

But it definitely is a BRZ.

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Not really sure, it probably just looked like a good target for some dumbass kids. The front bumper will need repainted but it's covered under comprehensive so there's no deductible.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

But it definitely is a BRZ.

We only have the 86 in Australia (which is toooootally different), my bad! :shobon:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

fingerling posted:

We only have the 86 in Australia (which is toooootally different), my bad! :shobon:

http://www.subaru.com.au/brz

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
I'll just show myself out. :v:

Honestly haven't seen any BRZs in Adelaide; only 86s.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Rhyno posted:

Are you implying that his car was asking for it?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Popete posted:

Some photos from a weekend trip home to pickup the M3, also installed new coilovers up front (still need to do the rears).

Dads e46 touring, my winter e30 325is and the summer 96 M3 all together for a family photo.

So, this is probably going to sound creepy. Are you located in Waukesha? If so, nice E30, I'm insanely jealous of it.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

SpellEdge posted:

Not really sure, it probably just looked like a good target for some dumbass kids. The front bumper will need repainted but it's covered under comprehensive so there's no deductible.

I know egg can be nasty to paint finishes but can't you just wash it / buff the finish?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

T-Square posted:

So, this is probably going to sound creepy. Are you located in Waukesha? If so, nice E30, I'm insanely jealous of it.

Nope, Madison area. Though these pictures are at my parents up near the twin city's.

I got pretty lucky with the e30 find a few years back, it was insanely clean when I bought it. Guess it had been a California car most it's life.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

n8r posted:

I know egg can be nasty to paint finishes but can't you just wash it / buff the finish?

The chemical damage isn't that big of an issue if you wash it off immediately.

The shell creates a ton of scratches as it breaks though.

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007

n8r posted:

I wish that was the case, but there are some gouges and some paint missing where it initially hit the bumper.

Edit: At least it's doing better than my last car at 4 months.

SpellEdge fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 28, 2014

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

SpellEdge posted:

I wish that was the case, but there are some gouges and some paint missing where it initially hit the bumper.

Edit: At least it's doing better than my last car at 4 months.

Is that a Focus ST?

loving ouch :(

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007

BoyBlunder posted:

Is that a Focus ST?

loving ouch :(

yep it was. I was rear ended on the highway and pushed into a car in the lane next to me.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Popete posted:

Nope, Madison area. Though these pictures are at my parents up near the twin city's.

I got pretty lucky with the e30 find a few years back, it was insanely clean when I bought it. Guess it had been a California car most it's life.

I live in Madison and I had a decent condition bronzit 325is coupe for a long time. I'm pretty sure I've seen that car around. My favorite E30 around here is an immaculate 1987 325is owned by a middle aged woman who is the original owner.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yerok posted:

I live in Madison and I had a decent condition bronzit 325is coupe for a long time. I'm pretty sure I've seen that car around. My favorite E30 around here is an immaculate 1987 325is owned by a middle aged woman who is the original owner.

In high school I drove my dads 1989 325i bronzit around, I love that colour despite the hate it gets. My red 325is is also a 1987 but I am not a middle aged woman nor the original owner.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Here's a few more of my Maxima. I've had it over a month now. Except for the fuel mileage, I LOVE this car. Ride quality is unbelievably good. I've had passengers compliment me on the level of luxury/refinement compared to my old Mazda6.

After Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax and 'Quik Detailer'

Trunk is enourmous and the access is super easy, though I wouldn't mind a rubber strip on top of the bumper.

The 'floating' Nissan dash is seriously cool. The cockpit seems huge and is really well laid-out. Very impressive.

Stock VQ engine. Not much that can be done with it unfortunately, with the 6.5 gen CVT trans. Considering an aftermarket drop-in air filter but I don't want a ton of drone.

And your faithful driver/photographer:

My only plans currently are to plasti-dip the grille (keep the chrome Nissan badge) and black out the chrome strips on the roof.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
$30 and problem solved http://www.zetaproducts.net/rear-bumper-protector-fits-2009---2013-nissan-maxima.aspx on the bumper

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

This looks like your on the north east side of Des Moines, like Aurora Ave or Broadway?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Was it the Maxima or Altima that had that landing strip sunroof?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

BrokenKnucklez posted:

This looks like your on the north east side of Des Moines, like Aurora Ave or Broadway?

East side Iowa City actually.

Bovril Delight posted:

Was it the Maxima or Altima that had that landing strip sunroof?

Earlier Maxima. 04-06 iirc and they called the stupid thing Skyview.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

angryhampster posted:

And your faithful driver/photographer:

Why are you Wilson from House? I thought that was Revelations.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
The GTV and a bit of construction waste:

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

96 Roadmaster Wagon, 136k miles.
I'm still trying to come up with a name for the beast.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Geriatric.

Then throw some wheels on it, dump it, and throw an LS under that hood.

E: or instead of wheels just chrome hubcaps.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
It's white with fake tan on the outside, and soft and red on the inside. Upgrade the horn - I seem to recall Cadillac put some monster blatters into a few models, and if so then a swap should be pretty easy from one GM engine bay to another - and call it "Honkey".

Progject
Apr 23, 2006

My 1998 Civic Type-R ek9:

Took a while for one in this condition to crop up but the wait was worth it... I have put 15 inch wheels back on with 55 profile tyres which is standard and for a Type-R it is very comfortable on the road and is just a joy to drive around.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

crutt posted:

96 Roadmaster Wagon, 136k miles.
I'm still trying to come up with a name for the beast.

With an interior like that, Pimpasaurus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
Wilma the wagon, now with new wheels: