Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

mcvey posted:

If you wanna record a demo next time you DM with it I wouldn't mind taking a look.

could you tell me what's wrong with my cs:go gameplay too? gonna upload a demo soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Babyface Mingo posted:

could you tell me what's wrong with my cs:go gameplay too? gonna upload a demo soon.

There are limits, even Get_right couldnt help you, Brawwww.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I think there should be achievements for bad players. Like one for the first time you do more damage to the enemy than your own team with HE during a match, or one for not screaming a little and twitching your crosshair 50 degrees in a random direction when an enemy walks around a corner in front of you

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I think there should be achievements for bad players. Like one for the first time you do more damage to the enemy than your own team with HE during a match, or one for not screaming a little and twitching your crosshair 50 degrees in a random direction when an enemy walks around a corner in front of you

Also add: Managing to be in an enemy's line-of-sight for more than 3 seconds and killing an enemy in your line-of-sight in under 3 seconds.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I feel like fps doug, only instead of headshots i wet myself

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I feel like fps doug, only instead of headshots i wet myself

Mods? Thread title change?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

cat with hands posted:

I've tried to eliminate movement but I just don't hit with the drat thing. Single taps seem to be only way but according to that gif I should be able to land a double fairly easy without compensating and a lot of shots just by adjusting vertically. I can hit a lot better with the other guns so it shouldn't be sensitivity, right?

Right now I'm losing just about every 1vs1 encounter unless the other player is low on health, regardless of what gun they are using. I'll dive back in tomorrow and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Try the weapons course until you can get your time under 45 seconds or so

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

goonmang

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
i do really like this game though, because at my current level of skill and care when my teammates are clueless it's funny, not rage-inducing. although i don't have a rank yet, not caring if we win at the end makes it a lot more fun than i imagine the alternative is.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
1 win away from ranking :dance:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Make it stop

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

One of these needs to be made for dust2

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

NaiveUnfortunateChupacabra

Just Horizontal
Jul 11, 2011
So someone gave me a bunch of commendations in a match and was asking for returns... Aside from some smiley faces on your dashboard, is there any reason to have these? Or was this person just desperately seeking human interaction?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Just Horizontal posted:

So someone gave me a bunch of commendations in a match and was asking for returns... Aside from some smiley faces on your dashboard, is there any reason to have these? Or was this person just desperately seeking human interaction?

They don't mean anything. I'm pretty sure mcvey has "great teacher" commendations for just saying "wow kid never awp" over and over (actually this is probably good advice 99% of the time).

Just Horizontal
Jul 11, 2011

astr0man posted:

They don't mean anything. I'm pretty sure mcvey has "great teacher" commendations for just saying "wow kid never awp" over and over (actually this is probably good advice 99% of the time).

So it's literally just to stroke your own ego? I kinda feel sorry for the guy feeling the need for validation.

In other news, I've managed to bottom frag my way into Nova II games. One more win and I'll have my rank, and I'll be very surprised if it isn't mid silver. I can't click on heads very good, and I refuse to believe that watching streams has made my situational awareness make up for my lack of killing.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Every once in a while you'll run into someone who really cares about commendations and demands after every round that you'll commend him.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Just Horizontal posted:

I have 30+ commendations on my main and I'm the most sarcastic, offensive, terrible-bind-using shithead that I know.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I do like giving commendations to friendly people I meet on matchmaking. When I don't forget to do it that is — I wish you could give them after the match is over.

Never seen anyone asking for one.

Smol fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 7, 2014

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNV9UWCbM0

i don't know what rank this is, but i wanna play there forever

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

They were so nice to let him ace them. :allears:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

astr0man posted:

Then that guy immediately 4k'd with a rifle like a Real Man.

Jeoh posted:

Fire 3 bullets, reload. Fire 5 bullets, reload. Fire 3 bullets, reload. All with people in sight. :psyduck:

mcvey fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 7, 2014

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Jeoh posted:

God I hope you know that's not a legit ace. The other team is clearly shooting over his head or not at him at all, pretty nice of them all told, but yeah. Unranked silver 1s.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Coleman posted:

God I hope you know that's not a legit ace. The other team is clearly shooting over his head or not at him at all, pretty nice of them all told, but yeah. Unranked silver 1s.

It's not. His teammates were giving him a lot of poo poo for not playing well, so the opposing team decided to let him ace them to make him feel better.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/22eb4a/this_kid_was_getting_a_lot_of_flak_from_his_team/

Smol fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 7, 2014

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
This is me every time I ace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CMMrLiDHLQ

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Is this now the CS equivalent of dropping the mic and walking off stage after a rap battle?

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Coleman posted:

Is this now the CS equivalent of dropping the mic and walking off stage after a rap battle?

Exactly like that

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Coleman posted:

Just press g

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

press G and that clip plays in the corner, Valve please add this feature in the next patch

e: beaten duder

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Awesome Welles posted:

press G and that clip plays in the corner, Valve please add this feature in the next patch

e: beaten duder

I want the playermodel to throw his shirt over his face and run around the map.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Can't wait to see friberg get an ace and tear his shirt off in a grand final on stage

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

kcer posted:

Can't wait to see friberg get an ace and tear his shirt off in a grand final on stage

At dreamhack one of the fnatic dudes dropped his pants as get_right tried to shake his hand. I guess there's that.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

kcer posted:

I just threw up in my mouth.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Up 12-3 after CT round on Cache, other team had an abandon shortly before halftime and tried to surrender several times. Of course we end up losing 16-13 fml.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

Up 12-3 after CT round on Cache, other team had an abandon shortly before halftime and tried to surrender several times. Of course we end up losing 16-13 fml.

:psyduck: How is this even possible?

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Awesome Welles posted:

:psyduck: How is this even possible?
You've played lots of Goonmans, and you still don't understand the concept of bad teams making miraculous comebacks to win a game they didn't deserve to win?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Overconfidence can gently caress you more than anything

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Nice ace, hilarious when he walks out. Annnnd he trashes on the game for 'retardation' everywhere in the game. What a poor sport. That's CS for you though.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I've played CS so long that I've come to have, well, I won't call it a superstition, but a general belief in some kind of general compensation principle or some poo poo. If a team suffers a lot of unlucky rounds against them in one half, the next half things tend to balance out.

It's weird and sounds idiotic, but I really think it is true. Far too many games I've played where one team gets a statistically deviant score - say 7-8 as T on nuke, or 9-6 as T on train, only to have the next half have a similar result for the other team. And it isn't just something like one team is better as T/CT or whatever.

This only applies when both teams are quite evenly matched, of course. No idea why it happens, I guess a confluence of factors + karmic god of CS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
13-2 CT on Nuke only to have half time come and go and the other team subsequently 13-2 for the tie.

What I'm saying is gently caress uncoordinated T side Nuke

• Locked thread