Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Amphion posted:

To make things even weirder, Opie posted on twitter that he's for universal healthcare. The Blaze and Breitbart didn't mention that part though.
Because they count on 99% of their readership to not do any research on his background or the context. Happens all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

So the reason why they haven't moved to podcasting is because they just want that easy paycheck now?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Of course, they wouldn't make poo poo podcasting.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Has anyone else been having issues trying to read this thread and being redirected to some advertisement page for a game? It's been happening to me all weekend and I'm not sure whether the forums are having an issue or if there's some sort of adware hijacking my browser that my virus scan programs are failing to detect.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

UncleMonkey posted:

Has anyone else been having issues trying to read this thread and being redirected to some advertisement page for a game? It's been happening to me all weekend and I'm not sure whether the forums are having an issue or if there's some sort of adware hijacking my browser that my virus scan programs are failing to detect.

It's been happening to me. On an iPad.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
It happened to me just once my Android phone, and I thought nothing of it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
At least it isn't a Steven Singer ad. :tinfoil:

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

Okay, not just me. Phew! Thanks guys.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

There was some tweet by Ant recently about yearning for the days of when America had a "real president". The president he was referring to was George W. Bush.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Google Butt posted:

So the reason why they haven't moved to podcasting is because they just want that easy paycheck now?

Most of the successful podcasts are comedians doing it as a fun/lucrative side-project. It seems half of the listeners are truckers (who love to ring up and declare they're truckers). They'd lose that base if they moved to podcasting. Also, it wouldn't make sense to throw caution to the wind when they're making as much as they are off Sirius.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They won't quit Sirius, they have no other real outlet. Podcasting is a joke overall and they make a gently caress load from Sirius. Sure they whine because they don't make as much as Howard, but they know that they are overpaid and do no real work.

They have fallback investments now anyway and could probably retire and live comfortably. But when your job is so easy and you make so much, you'd have a hard time giving it up.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
So isn't today supposed to be Fez's D-Day?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I hope it's the D-Man day!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

TL posted:

So isn't today supposed to be Fez's D-Day?

Oh gently caress yeah I forgot. This should be an epic non-payoff.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I wish I could sit on a 3 hour radio show in NYC with no real interesting points 99% of the time for the ten total minutes I talk each day and get oodles of money. Where do I sign up?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
15 minutes of talking about rear end pictures on the internet? I'm punching out.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

T Fowl posted:

I wish I could sit on a 3 hour radio show in NYC with no real interesting points 99% of the time for the ten total minutes I talk each day and get oodles of money. Where do I sign up?

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
What's the deal with Fez? Zero payoff?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Capt. Supermarket posted:

What's the deal with Fez? Zero payoff?

I don't know. They literally talked about girls' asses on instagram for 15 minutes (brilliant bit, because radio is such a visual medium!) and I turned it off.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Fez is in meetings all day.

I'm just, I'm locked up here....

Sorry. I just locked up.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

End of Life Guy posted:

Sorry. I just locked up.

What's the over/under on him walking out of there making a lot less if he manages to keep his job?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

T Fowl posted:

:drat:

Also, I'm also curious about how things played out. I didn't get to listen to the show today :(

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

End of Life Guy posted:

Sorry. I just locked up.

"Fez, we're getting a lot of complaints from listeners that you won't address their questions. Specifically a lot of them want to know, what does cum taste like?"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I wonder if they're going to do this like normal radio did things like this: no mention for a week or so, then a sudden change and a complete denial of the previous status quo.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Ron and Fez is suddenly on Shade45, Black Earl in Fez's spot.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37yhdlRj2tw

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I am listening to O&A argue with callers about how to measure tides on the 3/25 show and cracking up. They got so immensely angry about people not understanding that they were talking about how far the tide goes in on a random beach instead of how deep the water gets. And of course Opie yells about how people in a regular argument don't talk over each other while he yammers on over every word they say and HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I wish they would just hang up on callers who blather over (or under) them when they try to respond.

Jimmy has the best response to that but Opie lets it go way too long.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Ah yes. The glorious return of Hawk. :allears:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Does anyone in this thread wish Fez would stay on the show at this point?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

JFC posted:

*dead air*

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

JFC posted:

Nope. Although would anyone notice the difference either way?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Have they addressed Fez's contract at all?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TL posted:

Ahahahaha there's never a payoff, why even ask?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

TL posted:

#WheresFez
#PickRonsNewCohost
#FireChrisStanley

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
#PickRonsCohost was the #1 trend in the United States.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

TL posted:

Ron said he didn't know anything and hadn't heard from Fez at all. He said he knows everyone thinks he's running a work when he says that but he's telling the truth and has no clue where Fez is or what is happening.

So of course it's a work.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

UncleMonkey posted:

Ron said he didn't know anything and hadn't heard from Fez at all. He said he knows everyone thinks he's running a work when he says that but he's telling the truth and has no clue where Fez is or what is happening.

I hope it's a Joe Poo type of work where they got rid of him but they'll never ever acknowledge it on air.

Joe Poo's on vacation and Fez is in a meeting. Forever.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

UncleMonkey posted:

It's always a work, except when it is not, and even then it is a work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I hope it's a Joe Poo type of work where they got rid of him but they'll never ever acknowledge it on air.

Joe Poo's on vacation and Fez is in a meeting. Forever.

Right up until it becomes the Ron Bennington show. Which has a nice ring to it.

• Locked thread