Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
Here's to hoping we actually get a new theme song for Dino Charge, and not just "Go Go Power Rangers" some more extra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
I will be thoroughly disappointed if "Go Go, Dinocharge!" replaces the perfectly acceptable-for-American-audiences "Brave In"

It's not loving Inspector Gadget.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

toomanyninjas posted:

I will be thoroughly disappointed if "Go Go, Dinocharge!" replaces the perfectly acceptable-for-American-audiences "Brave In"

It's not loving Inspector Gadget.

...I'm imagining that theme with the words 'Power Rangers' replacing Inspector Gadget. Thanks for that.

Honestly though, on its own, Dino Charge works as a morphing call. They're freaking batteries, so you just put them in to charge the gun and oh god that's where the title comes from. Well, that and the image of stampeding ancient beasts, but yeah.

Though I suppose it would sound redundant to yell out 'Dino Charge!' for the morph, to then announce that they're Power Rangers Dino Charge. Would make it sound like they have to morph twice.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Astro Nut posted:

...I'm imagining that theme with the words 'Power Rangers' replacing Inspector Gadget. Thanks for that.

Honestly though, on its own, Dino Charge works as a morphing call. They're freaking batteries, so you just put them in to charge the gun and oh god that's where the title comes from. Well, that and the image of stampeding ancient beasts, but yeah.

Though I suppose it would sound redundant to yell out 'Dino Charge!' for the morph, to then announce that they're Power Rangers Dino Charge. Would make it sound like they have to morph twice.

The name announcement might be part of the morph

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I like how everyone is mysteriously eighteen. Like, I get it, they want to cast young to get kids to go "gently caress yeah, that could be me", but I really think it's lazy to just make everyone the same age. Some variance in makes for more interesting characters, which is why I've totally dug sentai having dudes around my age lately. (And let's not forget Masato Jin, the 40-year-old BeetBuster.)

Also, mega-lolz at Ivan the British Knight from the year 1113. What is this, Mystic Knights of Tir-na-Nog?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I haven't watched Mystic Knights, but given how I love fantasy, I should give it a whirl

Maybe when Podcasters with Attitude gets to that bonus episode.....

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Solaris Knight posted:

I haven't watched Mystic Knights, but given how I love fantasy, I should give it a whirl

Maybe when Podcasters with Attitude gets to that bonus episode.....

Mystic Knights is really cool. Not the best show, but it's a really fun Sword and sorcery show that is really easy to enjoy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

Mystic Knights is really cool. Not the best show, but it's a really fun Sword and sorcery show that is really easy to enjoy.

It was at least ambitious in that it was a wholly Western concept, and didn't completely cheap out like Tatooed Teenage... Jesus I'm not finishing that name.

Plus the extra warrior that came in later had twin hatchets, if I remember right, which was awesome. (EDIT: I seriously do twin hand-axes whenever possible in an RPG almost entirely because of that dude)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 5, 2014

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Gaz-L posted:

It was at least ambitious in that it was a wholly Western concept, and didn't completely cheap out like Tatooed Teenage... Jesus I'm not finishing that name.

Plus the extra warrior that came in later had twin hatchets, if I remember right, which was awesome.

I think the biggest shame is we didn't get another extra warrior. There are a few scant details on a second season that would have had a traditional 6th ranger that was evil then turn and helps the good guys. Word is that funding was cut for Power Rangers Lost Galaxy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I like how everyone is mysteriously eighteen. Like, I get it, they want to cast young to get kids to go "gently caress yeah, that could be me", but I really think it's lazy to just make everyone the same age. Some variance in makes for more interesting characters, which is why I've totally dug sentai having dudes around my age lately. (And let's not forget Masato Jin, the 40-year-old BeetBuster.)

Also, mega-lolz at Ivan the British Knight from the year 1113. What is this, Mystic Knights of Tir-na-Nog?

For what it's worth, I've never thought that hard about the ages of the characters in PR and just assumed they were whatever was appropriate for the setting

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

A Mystic Knights revival using footage from Garo :swoon:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Solaris Knight posted:

A Mystic Knights revival using footage from Garo :swoon:

I'd watch that, even if it had basically no connection to Garo besides the suits and some footage.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

So, watching Silver Lining Part 1.

The opening scenes for the episode are actually pretty good. The crash, Mr Burley's remark on how amazing actually being able to drive safely is, the twists on what you'd think would be a rush into fight scenes, and the brief bit at the juice bar allows for more character interaction, even if cut short by another call from Gosei.

Also I can't remember, but is this the first time they've used the Gokaiger roll call footage?

Either way, also surprised that they did a completely original fight scene for legendary powers with the Lost Galaxy stuff. At first I thought it was just gonna be simply to show off how tough the monster was, given he looked to be owning them within seconds of morphing, but then the fight actually got under way and Jake had his moment and yeeeees.

Silver's apparent backstory and characterisation, especially given Jebo's 'darker side' comment, should actually be interesting to watch in action, given how far removed it is from Gai's. If anything, he's kinda gotten a variant of Commander Cruger's backstory, though with less restraint and an almost psychotic glee at the prospect of his vengeance. Which, if that's their way of explaining away Gai's happy go lucky fighting style, that is surprisingly dark ._.

Really, the main place I can fault this episode is its reuse of stock footage of the rangers standing still, even when they're in more blatantly different locations than usual. But that's also pretty nitpicky. It might be a while until we get another chance at actually seeing old rangers turn up, but you know what? If this is what we're getting, I really don't mind.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well it was pretty hard to do anything with Gai's gimmick which is to be Noah's datapad and complaining that the Gokaigers get it wrong whenever they transform. Making him "dark" from Gai who's no question the most excited and grateful ever to be a Sentai/Ranger is a bit jarring.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I got dizzy from all the location jumps. In one scene they went from the sentai stadium to the new zealand version to the sentai plaza to the new zealand version. Didn't even notice they reused the dragon dagger footage instead of the lost galaxy sword.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Dr Tran posted:

I got dizzy from all the location jumps. In one scene they went from the sentai stadium to the new zealand version to the sentai plaza to the new zealand version. Didn't even notice they reused the dragon dagger footage instead of the lost galaxy sword.

I still think the funniest is where they're fighting outside the sentai stadium, and then they cut to the stock footage of Orion watching them at the New Zealand plaza (or wherever they did the Lost Galaxy footage). The background is just so obviously different.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I guess I'll just always find it weird that Mr. Burley is always trying to find evidence of UFOs and whatnot in a world where Rita Repulsa was frequently shown on TV and all of Angel Grove claimed to be the Power Rangers to Astronema.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

I guess I'll just always find it weird that Mr. Burley is always trying to find evidence of UFOs and whatnot in a world where Rita Repulsa was frequently shown on TV and all of Angel Grove claimed to be the Power Rangers to Astronema.

He's dropped that for now, I think. But yeah, one of the things Megaforce has had in general is an uncertainty whether or not the rest of Power Rangers was actually meant to have happened, despite its obvious presence of the keys. An now Super Megaforce is ignoring the fact Megaforce ignored stuff (mostly, Gosei is still a load of hot air).

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
We've got our morphin madness winners:

MMPR Red Ranger
MMPR White Ranger
Turbo Phantom Ranger
Lightspeed Rescue Titanium Ranger
Time Force Pink Ranger

I'm honestly surprised that MMPR Green didn't beat white.

So does this mean that these five are gonna be released as a set or is it only for the sweepstakes winners? If it's only for the winners, that titanium ranger key is gonna be mad expensive on ebay.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 7, 2014

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Pretty good roster, all things considered, especially having Phantom and Titanium on there, as well as Jen.

Still not getting a Solaris Knight key though :smith:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
They have a neat picture for it too.

Still haven't announced the sweepstakes winners so keep an eye out for that.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Sleeping Sigma posted:

We've got our morphin madness winners:

MMPR Red Ranger
MMPR White Ranger
Turbo Phantom Ranger
Lightspeed Rescue Titanium Ranger
Time Force Pink Ranger

I'm honestly surprised that MMPR Green didn't beat white.

So does this means that these five are gonna be released as a set or is it only for the sweepstakes winners? If it's only for the winners, that titanium ranger key is gonna be mad expensive on ebay.

So that's two unique american keys then? Titanium's an obvious one but did Phantom Ranger's Sentai counterpart get a key?

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So that's two unique american keys then? Titanium's an obvious one but did Phantom Ranger's Sentai counterpart get a key?

Nope, there's no VRV Master key, which is why I'm glad Phantom won along with Titanium.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Which is weird, given how Blue Senturion/Signalman did, and arguably VRV Master's more integral to the plot then him, being Dappu's dad and all, but I haven't watched Carranger.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they didn't include one in the Metal Hero set when they included AbarePink and Ninjaman/Ninjor, especially since Ninjaman never had a key in Gokaiger either.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

New clip from the next episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekMr7loBKcg

Basically, Orion's an Andresian (Andrasion? Andreision? We'll see what the spelling), and yep, his planet was destroyed. He and Tensou can speak the same language (though Tensou mght just have that on memory) whilst Gosei is evidently familiar with the concept of the Silver Ranger in this form, but from the sounds of it not with Orion himself. But rather, there had been a Silver Ranger before Orion (or the key was just laying around), and the key was lost when the planet was leveled.

That said, this might raise even more questions on where the keys come from. Because if Gosei had one shipped off into freaking space whilst even Megaforce was going on, the Rangers were left in the dark yet again by their so called mentor.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Astro Nut posted:

That said, this might raise even more questions on where the keys come from. Because if Gosei had one shipped off into freaking space whilst even Megaforce was going on, the Rangers were left in the dark yet again by their so called mentor.

I stand by the theory that Gosei just stole things from Zordon's "Spare Powers" cabinet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean to be fair, Gokai Silver got his powers by the sheer determination of the past dead 6th rangers so it's not the most out-of-nowhere thing.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

So basically, Orion's not Zhane 2.0, but Dex 2.0?

Hey, he at least has marginally better acting.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Solaris Knight posted:

So basically, Orion's not Zhane 2.0, but Dex 2.0?

Hey, he at least has marginally better acting.

Like I said, he's got some of Cruger going for him. Though I somewhat suspect Orion won't have a wife to suddenly bring back for the finale.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm just saying the basic story beats of destroyed planet, alien invader, robot guy he shares a planet with, that's more like Dex than Doggie.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Solaris Knight posted:

I'm just saying the basic story beats of destroyed planet, alien invader, robot guy he shares a planet with, that's more like Dex than Doggie.

...Pretty sure the only thing there that doesn't qualify for Doggie there is the robot part, which I will admit.

Or am I mistaking destroyed planet for genocide... the series has used one to cover up the other before.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I really hope they reference that similarity by having him use the Shadow Ranger key :allears:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Lineups I hope they do that Gokaiger didn't:

Mighty Morphin with Ninjor
Turbo with Blue Senturion
Lost Galaxy with Magna Defender (all six)
Mystic Force with Solaris Knight
Solaris Knight, White Ranger, Wolf Ranger
Lightspeed Rescue (all six)
6 Battlizers (lol, they probably lost all those suits)

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Assuming Solaris is MagiShine... why the hard-on for him, Kibaranger, and GekiViolet appearing together?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Because they're the best rangers, obviously :colbert:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Assuming Solaris is MagiShine... why the hard-on for him, Kibaranger, and GekiViolet appearing together?

The other 3 from Mystic Force. I think those are their names.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Wolf Warrior.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Ohhh, he means the Heavenly Saints/Ancient Mystics

Yeah, sad to see that Magiranger got shafted in that department

Hell, Saban could have hired John Tui to be Daggeron AND Doggie for a tribute episode Buy One Get One Free bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Astro Nut posted:

Also, if the Super Megaforce keys are just power ups why doesn't Silver have a Megaforce counterpart?