Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

How bout these? 60 cents each. http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-Blu-Ray-Cases-25-Pack-97970/dp/B009GGC4B2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395432600&sr=8-2&keywords=blu+ray+case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Red posted:

Where can I buy some replacement blu-ray cases for cheap?
I dunno about $0.50 a case, but I got a bunch from eBay for pretty cheap very recently.

Then again I was also specifically buying 2-disc cases. I imagine you'd find single disc cases for cheaper.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Fox is releasing a Rodgers And Hammerstein boxset April 29th

• State Fair
• Oklahoma - Todd-AO
• Oklahoma - Cinemascope
• Carousel
• King and I
• South Pacific Theatrical
• South Pacific Extended roadshow version
• Sound of Music

$73.99 http://www.amazon.com/The-Rodgers-H...ASIN=B00IZIGFNU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Oklahoma! uses new 4K restorations for both versions. The previous DVD was beyond awful. Curious to see how 30fps looks on Blu.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Xenomrph posted:

I dunno about $0.50 a case, but I got a bunch from eBay for pretty cheap very recently.

Then again I was also specifically buying 2-disc cases. I imagine you'd find single disc cases for cheaper.

I remember finding a few for really great prices on eBay a few years ago, but those deals are long gone.

I just up and ordered these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000U0HRJM/

The link LloyDobler posted is a good deal, but I don't want 25 BD cases just sitting around.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Regarding the Cornetto Trilogy:

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 versions?

$28 version

$50 version

The obvious answer is, "The difference is $22," but what features or whatever are in the more expensive one? The amazon descriptions are light on the details.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

GORDON posted:

Regarding the Cornetto Trilogy:

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 versions?

$28 version

$50 version

The obvious answer is, "The difference is $22," but what features or whatever are in the more expensive one? The amazon descriptions are light on the details.

One is sold by Amazon (The cheaper one) and one isn't (the more expensive one). Go with the cheaper one.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

As far as I can tell they are both exactly the same except the cheaper one is from the US while the other is an import.

Both are region free.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ACoolT5 posted:

One is sold by Amazon (The cheaper one) and one isn't (the more expensive one). Go with the cheaper one.

Ah, I hadn't caught that. Just saw "Prime" and assumed it was all Amazon.

Thx.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Warner Archive is ramping up their Blu-Ray releases. They just released Performance (1970)

http://www.wbshop.com/product/performance+(1970)+(bd)+1000486055.do?sortby=ourPicks;

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Warner Archive is ramping up their Blu-Ray releases. They just released Performance (1970)

http://www.wbshop.com/product/performance+(1970)+(bd)+1000486055.do?sortby=ourPicks;

Yay!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

IT'S ABOUT loving TIME

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

This pretty much is a "grand slam" release. Director-approved 4K restoration, original aspect ratio, original mono mix, Apple Corps backed stereo and 5.1 remixes, the You Can't Do That! documentary, The Running Jumping Standing Still Film, trailers, and new stuff on Richard Lester. And there's still stuff they haven't announced as extras, not to mention the commentary being a bit cryptic.

The really awesome part is that with Janus Films controlling distribution, we will probably have some theatrical screenings this year.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Egbert Souse posted:

This pretty much is a "grand slam" release. Director-approved 4K restoration, original aspect ratio, original mono mix, Apple Corps backed stereo and 5.1 remixes, the You Can't Do That! documentary, The Running Jumping Standing Still Film, trailers, and new stuff on Richard Lester. And there's still stuff they haven't announced as extras, not to mention the commentary being a bit cryptic.

The really awesome part is that with Janus Films controlling distribution, we will probably have some theatrical screenings this year.

Yeah, this is the most excited I've ever been about a Criterion release. The sound mix on the Miramax DVD was so bad I returned multiple copies of it to the store before I realized that's just what it sounds like.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
5 for $50 with free shipping

Eligible titles are:

Fearless http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/fearless+%28bd%29+1993+1000365845.do?sortby=dateCreatedDescend&refType=&from=fn
Billy Rose's Jumbo http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/billy+rose%27s+jumbo+%28bd%29+1000385367.do?sortby=dateCreatedDescend&refType=&from=fn
The Hudsucker Proxy http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/the+hudsucker+proxy+%28bd%29+1000332428.do?sortby=dateCreatedDescend&refType=&from=fn
Gypsy http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/gypsy+%28bd%29+1000366839.do?sortby=dateCreatedDescend&page=2&refType=&from=fn
Deathtrap http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/deathtrap+%28bd%29+1000333841.do?sortby=dateCreatedDescend&page=2&refType=&from=fn
Greystoke: The Legend Of Tarzan http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/greystoke-+the+legend+of+tarzan+%28blu-ray+disc%29+1000399678.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 28, 2014

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Farscape complete series BD is gold box deal of the day... $52. Still no Peacekeeper Wars.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ref_=tsm_1_...rd_p=1740370942

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Anyone got a replacement blu-ray cover art for Dumbo? My brother gave me his free copy of it from the Disney Movie Rewards promo, but it came in the DVD case with blu-ray included. And since I have no dvds anymore, it looks really out of place.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Hugo/Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory - $8.99

http://www.amazon.com/Willy-Wonka-C...ASIN=B00HR2ZJ8M

Great price for two great movies.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The next two Warner Archive Blu releases are Hit the Deck and The Wind and the Lion.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

FitFortDanga posted:

Goddamn, this might be the thing that finally makes me go region-free.

juan the owl posted:

I REALLY REALLY hope Shout! Factory releases a boxset of all the Herzog they've acquired the rights for. And what the heck, no Signs of Life in that set?

Looks like Shout's set is being released July 22nd:

(no Signs of Life because that's under different ownership)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm sure it was already covered in the Criterion thread, but Zissou is getting a BD release in May.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Excellent! Cant wait to see that in HD.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

FitFortDanga posted:

Looks like Shout's set is being released July 22nd:

(no Signs of Life because that's under different ownership)

Please take my money, Mr. Herzog.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Seriously--even though I have a lot of those on DVDs, screw it I'm in for it on blu-ray for sure.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's going to be a new box set of the complete series of Breaking Bad coming out on 6/3, so if you missed out on the barrel set like I did, this will be the one to get. The Blu-Ray set will be 16 discs with 55+ hours of bonus content, and the DVD set will be 21 discs with 50+ hours of bonus content. All the episodes will be uncut, too.

I don't think they've released pricing or artwork yet, but I'm sure I'll be buying it since I missed the collector's edition.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

There's going to be a new box set of the complete series of Breaking Bad coming out on 6/3, so if you missed out on the barrel set like I did, this will be the one to get. The Blu-Ray set will be 16 discs with 55+ hours of bonus content, and the DVD set will be 21 discs with 50+ hours of bonus content. All the episodes will be uncut, too.

I don't think they've released pricing or artwork yet, but I'm sure I'll be buying it since I missed the collector's edition.

Are there differences between this set and if you had just bought the seasons individually?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh wait, there is artwork and pricing. Not sure if this is final though.

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Bad-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B00I9PDXP2/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1396903183&sr=8-1

$208 for the Blu-Ray set, $160 for the DVD set.

Hopefully that's not final because you can buy the seasons individually on Blu-Ray for a lot less than $208.

GrandpaPants posted:

Are there differences between this set and if you had just bought the seasons individually?
Here's a list of stuff that'll be on this box set:

quote:

Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Features:

More than 55 hours of special features, including:

· “No Half Measures: Creating the Final Season of Breaking Bad,” an exclusive two-hour documentary that chronicles the filming of the final eight episodes.

· Bad Memories – Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul talk about the show ending and some of their favorite moments.

· Bryan Cranston: Director – Go on set with Bryan Cranston as he directs the first episode of The Final Season, entitled "Blood Money."

· Scene Envy – The cast tell us which scene they wish they could have been in.

· Shocking Moments - The stars reveal the moments that shocked them most.

· A Look Ahead to the Final Season – The cast gives their thoughts on what an amazing final season this is going to be!

· From Walt to Heisenberg – From high school teacher to deadly meth dealer, watch as Walter White quickly transforms into Heisenberg.

· How Will It End? – At the beginning of Season 5, the cast gives their thoughts on how they think the show will end.

· Avenging Agent: Dean Norris as Hank Schrader – A look at the character Hank Schrader and the man who played him, Dean Norris.

· Scene Stealer: Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader – A look at the character Marie Schrader and the woman who played her, Betsy Brandt.

· A Criminal Attorney: Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman – A look at the character Saul Goodman and the man who played him, Bob Odenkirk.

· Jesse’s Journey: Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman – A look at the character Jesse Pinkman and the man who played him, Aaron Paul.

· Skyler Breaks Bad: Anna Gunn on Season Four – Actress Anna Gunn and series creator Vince Gilligan explore Skyler’s character evolution through the fourth season.

· Growing Up in the White House: RJ Mitte on Walter, Jr. – RJ Mitte, Anna Gunn, Bryan Cranston and series creator Vince Gilligan discuss the extraordinary dynamics of the White family, and Walter, Jr.’s unique role.

· The Ultimate Chess Match – Members of the cast and crew discuss Walter White and Gus Fring’s extraordinary and complicated battle of wits and their struggle for Jesse’s allegiance.

· Looking Back: A Season Four Retrospective - Season Four’s most surprising and memorable moments.

· Ted's Wipeout – In Episode 411, “Crawl Space,” Ted Beneke suffers a head injury while trying to escape from Saul’s goons. In this featurette, Christopher Cousins (Ted) explains how this shocking stunt was accomplished.

· The Truck Attack Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of the Los Pollos Hermanos truck attack and the brilliant shot-by-shot storyboards that were created for the episode “Bullet Points.”

· Walt and the Challenger Storyboard Comparison – A side-by-side comparison of Walt’s joy ride in Walt Jr.’s new Dodge Challenger and the storyboards that were developed for that sequence by the writer and director, Peter Gould.
I'm not exactly sure which of these are included with the individual seasons.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 7, 2014

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

The barrel was an actual limited thing that sold out and won't sit on shelves for years getting repeatedly discounted like most DVD collector's editions?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mr. mephistopheles posted:

The barrel was an actual limited thing that sold out and won't sit on shelves for years getting repeatedly discounted like most DVD collector's editions?
Yeah I think it was gone within a month or so after it came out. Apparently you can still buy it brand new from certain Amazon sellers but the price is doubled at least.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

$208 for the Blu-Ray set, $160 for the DVD set.

Weird. Amazon.ca has it available for pre-order at $134 CAD, so that may or may not be a route to save some money.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm definitely getting Aguirre. The box set looks inviting since I've enjoyed every Herzog film I've seen so far.

Harlock posted:

I'm sure it was already covered in the Criterion thread, but Zissou is getting a BD release in May.

Should be as massive as an improvement as The Royal Tenenbaums. Disney supplied really awful masters to Criterion. The Life Aquatic even had a 4K digital intermediate, yet the SD video master has loads of edge enhancement baked in. This seemed to be typical of Disney releases since nearly everything had too much sharpening, noise reduction, and compression.

Best part is that Criterion controls the Blu releases outright rather than the weird distribution deal where Disney handles all DVD distribution. That's why you have to get the DVD editions of the three Touchstone films off Amazon.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
A new HD transfer of The Abyss has been spotted showing on TV. It's only the theatrical version, but hopefully a BD of the DC isn't too far away now.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Trump posted:

A new HD transfer of The Abyss has been spotted showing on TV. It's only the theatrical version, but hopefully a BD of the DC isn't too far away now.

Don't get my hopes up :(

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Both The Abyss and True Lies should be out by the end of this year. Same remastering that was done to The Terminator, Aliens, and Titanic for their current incarnations.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Kingtheninja posted:

Don't get my hopes up :(

By saying it looks great, and have lovely delicious grain details? :v:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Egbert Souse posted:

Both The Abyss and True Lies should be out by the end of this year. Same remastering that was done to The Terminator, Aliens, and Titanic for their current incarnations.

I'd like to think Abyss would get a proper treatment, and provide the theatrical and director's cuts.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Red posted:

I'd like to think Abyss would get a proper treatment, and provide the theatrical and director's cuts.
Christ I hope so. The Abyss has been high up on my "wishlist" for a while now, seeing that get a similar treatment that 'Aliens' and 'Titanic' did would be fantastic.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Xenomrph posted:

Christ I hope so. The Abyss has been high up on my "wishlist" for a while now, seeing that get a similar treatment that 'Aliens' and 'Titanic' did would be fantastic.

I agree. I wouldn't mind waiting for this if the DVD version wasn't so horrible, but as it is now whenever I want to watch it I have to deal with really bad formatting (that's the word I'm looking for, right?)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

James Cameron might be creatively, uh, lacking in some areas (Avatar is a bad movie on paper - I mean, come on... unobtainium?), but the man knows how to make things look pretty. I'd like to think he'll go all-in on an Abyss Blu-Ray release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Red posted:

James Cameron might be creatively, uh, lacking in some areas (Avatar is a bad movie on paper - I mean, come on... unobtainium?), but the man knows how to make things look pretty. I'd like to think he'll go all-in on an Abyss Blu-Ray release.

He didn't come up with unobtanium.

• Locked thread