Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yolo
Aug 6, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

Rare footage of Elysien saying a positive thing:

Are you kitten me? Elysien, Coder, and all those guys have always been totally chill and fun to hang out with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/41006
Proof that Galkas are going to make good mages, and Tarus are going to make good tanks.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39346-Future-Plans-for-Equipment?p=498271&viewfull=1#post498271
This is a link to the dev post about us getting a new shield and instrument(the instrument will give brds a 3rd song).

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

JADEY!! I just saw on BG's Relic thread that you finished your Kenkonken?! :aaaaa: (Not sure how long ago you did...) So awesome, congrats!

Please post some of those Pummel damage pics and/or feelings on the weapons performance, I may have quit the game a long time ago but boy do I miss PUP lol... Living Lucieus' dream :swoon:

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 1, 2014

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Did they ever add in COR's third roll like they promised like 3 years ago?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
So I suddenly got DC'ed, now I can't even log back on. And playonline.com is gone. Did Japan just get vaporized or something?

Edit: Aaaand it's all good. No message about wtf happened though. Odd.

Valle fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 3, 2014

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

So this popped up in a Japanese thread about the new "job-specific weapons." Of note are two things: one is that RUN and GEO are slated to get another round of JSW's in May that are, as claimed by Google Translate, "mythic equivalent," shown at the bottom. The other is a harp and dagger for the 4/8 update; the harp only has +1 songs, the dagger reportedly has Dmg:102, Delay:200, AGI+10, Evasion+22, Dagger/Parrying Skill+242, M.Acc skill+188, Enmity-10, Weapon Skill Damage+5%, and TH+1.

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 3, 2014

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Happy Blue Cow posted:

JADEY!! I just saw on BG's Relic thread that you finished your Kenkonken?! :aaaaa: (Not sure how long ago you did...) So awesome, congrats!

Please post some of those Pummel damage pics and/or feelings on the weapons performance, I may have quit the game a long time ago but boy do I miss PUP lol... Living Lucieus' dream :swoon:

It's been real fun! Farming time in Salvage has been cut down by ~5-10 minutes due to the huge increase in Stringing Pummel damage. Even on new-ish content it performs admirably well - I've been able to outparse a mythic DRG in Ceizak Delve even disregarding the puppet's added damage. Things like mythic SAM still completely outclass me, but not much can beat them. All in all a Kenkonken PUP at 119, properly geared, is right around/slightly ahead of an Oatixur MNK and slightly behind a R/M/E119 MNK, with the bonus utility of the puppet (and the loss of MNK-specific defensive boosts like Mantra.)

With full buffs Stringing Pummel gets right around 10k on first-tier Delve content.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Patch notes!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

So, of the prereqs for the JSE stuff which is the easiest one to complete? Once I get some spare time this month I thinking of coming back again to try and get some progress in on my character so I'm trying to figure out the best path to take.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Normal mode Ark Angel TT can be soloed by a Scholar, so that would probably be your best option.

E: Most of the new JSE is poo poo and have ugly models.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 7, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
The prereqs for the JSE is fairly easy to do. The biggest problem is getting yourself geared and with a decent spellcast and group to accomplish that stuff. Finding a good group is really hard to do.

P.S. The JSE is poo poo for most, but the shield and instrument are worth getting if you do not have the ochain/daurdabla.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The shield is awful and really if you don't have Ochain, you should probably be on a different job.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

The shield is awful and really if you don't have Ochain, you should probably be on a different job.

Bard probably can get away with just having the gimp daurdabla. Pld could not really get away with it.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Bard probably can get away with just having the gimp daurdabla. Pld could not really get away with it.
The harp is a huge get for Bards as things really do change with that extra song.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Corsair gets a Hexagun! :)

...:smith:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Apparently all of the JSE stuff needs a claw or pelt from the Tiger boss from Delve 2. I was hoping the shield would be better than what it turned out to be but it seems like SE is so afraid to make something functionally close enough to Ochain that all their attempts to add an alternative just fall flat. Guess I'll still wind up living in Abyssea for the foreseeable future if I want to see my PLD used for anything.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

The harp is a huge get for Bards as things really do change with that extra song.

You are right, but I still want to get a daudabla because it has the song duration enhanced effect and it can be upgraded to have two extra songs.

P.S. Condiv, is your in-game name Alanse?

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 8, 2014

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Glad I already bought up almost all the Beitsu I was going to need in advance.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Glad I already bought up almost all the Beitsu I was going to need in advance.

I just recently threw away about 200 beitsu. How did you know that you were going to need beitsu in advance?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

I just recently threw away about 200 beitsu. How did you know that you were going to need beitsu in advance?

Because I plan to use them for something else. :shobon:

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

This.. is what lock style was made for.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Gruknor posted:

P.S. Condiv, is your in-game name Alanse?

It is. Salvage II gets a little boring so I get a little chatty sometimes during it.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Gruknor posted:

They said all the gear would come from Oboro. Oboro uses that stuff to reforge RME weapons, so assuming he would use the RME upgrades (especially considering how beits and boulders were selling for sub-500 gil/being dropped) was a pretty safe bet.

Which is why I have nearly 2000 of them combined sitting for sale in Upper Jeuno right now!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

It looks like they're going to make special events starting on the 11th of each month an ongoing thing:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/12220/detail.html

quote:

1) Meeble Burrows Campaign
During this campaign, the items players can receive in exchange for wizened worms will be more exotic than normal.

2) Seals battlefield event-additional items dropped
During the event, vanquishing specific monsters in the following battlefields will reward you with a variety of items, including materials needed to create +2 empyrean equipment, Mog Bonanza kupons, Dynamis currency, synthesis materials, and more!

3.) Double Skirmish simulacra segment drop rate event
The rate at which Skirmish simulacra segments drop from colonization and lair reives will be doubled!

4.) Abyssea event
During this event, a blue treasure chest will appear near Horst in Port Jeuno (H-8). Opening it will confer the benefits listed below. Furthermore, players journeying to Abyssea during the event will have their default values for pearlescent, azure, golden, and silvery lights set to 100.
- Eleven types of atma
- One piece of lunar abyssite
- 100,000 cruor
* Those who have received these rewards previously will be unable to do so again.

5.) Repeat Login Campaign
We will be holding our fifth Repeat Login Campaign during this period.
Points may be acquired until Friday, May 2, 2014, at 7:00 a.m. (PDT).
Points may be spent until Friday, May 9, 2014, at 7:00 a.m. (PDT).

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I tried doing Arrapago Remnants II last night, but I could not get past the first floor. You see whenever I tried to use the blue circle teleport it would give me an error message. The message said that I could not use to teleport. Do you have to open the gilded door before you can use the teleport? Is there some objective to the first floor that is not in Jadey's Salvage2 guide? I am out of ideas.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

I don't know if you're cuppering through the zone but I always take the SW route/teleport and I've never had that issue. Open the doors and go up.

I'm not actually sure why you would need/want to use cupper in salvage anyway since it takes at most an hour to full clear it with a ILvl119 melee and not much of that is running around.

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 19, 2014

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

I tried doing Arrapago Remnants II last night, but I could not get past the first floor. You see whenever I tried to use the blue circle teleport it would give me an error message. The message said that I could not use to teleport. Do you have to open the gilded door before you can use the teleport? Is there some objective to the first floor that is not in Jadey's Salvage2 guide? I am out of ideas.
I assume you're cuppering and clipping through everything. Don't. Mob spawns and teleports are triggered by events such as opening the doors. You're undoubtedly breaking the gently caress out of the zone.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
The problem was I did not open the gilded door before the teleport to the second floor. Thanks for all the help. I was being lazy.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

CubsWoo posted:

I don't know if you're cuppering through the zone but I always take the SW route/teleport and I've never had that issue. Open the doors and go up.

I'm not actually sure why you would need/want to use cupper in salvage anyway since it takes at most an hour to full clear it with a ILvl119 melee and not much of that is running around.
Because normal movement speed is terrible in FFXI.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Because normal movement speed is terrible in FFXI.

I think he was commenting more on me cheeseing my way through walls. I am just a lazy person and want to run around at sonic the hedgehog speeds.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?
Unfortunately, cupper/clipper has completely ruined the game when not using it.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

It looks like they're going to make special events starting on the 11th of each month an ongoing thing:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/12220/detail.html

Any additional info on those extra BCNM drops?

On a side note, I hope they're planning something special for the 11th Login Campaign. You know how they love those 11 numbers.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Zero The Hero posted:

On a side note, I hope they're planning something special for the 11th Login Campaign. You know how they love those 11 numbers.

the only thing hinted at so far is a goblin costume, which will fit in nicely with creepy chocobo and creepy moogle.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Zero The Hero posted:

They're zone/mob specific, search the mob names in the announcement on ffxidb to see the new drop tables. Generally they drop stuff like emp seal kupons, +2 emp upgrades and random scrolls, but some BCNM mobs like the bird in Monarch Linn drops Hexed/Hexed -1 gear and the bugards in Mobline Comedy can drop heavy metal pouches/alexandrite/ancient currency.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If any of you jerks come across chunks of Beitetsu, I need 138 of them and will buy em at 5k each.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

If any of you jerks come across chunks of Beitetsu, I need 138 of them and will buy em at 5k each.

I still have a ton of them, i think.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

I still have a ton of them, i think.
Give me all of them!

So patch on Thursday: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/41764

-Maat trust
-GEO/RUN mythics (Hope you been poopsocking SoA hard)
-new areas
-Dumb adventurer NPC's going ilvl
-awful new BC's
-Does anyone care about Job Points?
-80 new inventory spaces (Note: It's basically like another version of Mog Sack except for just equipment; think you can equip gear that's stored in new Mog Wardrobe which is cool)
-Pet food
-They wasted development time on allowing you to log out to char selection screen.
-New coalition ranks, which should bring ilvl115? bayld gear

New Adventurer Campaign and Bonanza coming up in hopes that you will gladly part from $12.95 to win 10 bonanza balls. :downs:

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 13, 2014

Loner-Assassin
Mar 18, 2008

The Fragrance of Dark Coffee

LiquidFriend posted:

Give me all of them!

So patch on Thursday: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/41764

-Maat trust
-GEO/RUN mythics (Hope you been poopsocking SoA hard)
-new areas
-Dumb adventurer NPC's going ilvl
-awful new BC's
-Does anyone care about Job Points?
-80 new inventory spaces (Note: It's basically like another version of Mog Sack except for just equipment; think you can equip gear that's stored in new Mog Wardrobe which is cool)
-Pet food
-They wasted development time on allowing you to log out to char selection screen.
-New coalition ranks, which should bring ilvl115? bayld gear

New Adventurer Campaign and Bonanza coming up in hopes that you will gladly part from $12.95 to win 10 bonanza balls. :downs:

Hey, the 12th anniversary stuff like the goblin suit looks like fun. Honestly, what I'm looking forward to is being able to summon trusts in the past. It'll be fun to do campaign again and solo push back an army :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

RUN mythic is pretty ridiculous and the GEO mythic is just okay.

Looks like the High Potency bayld collection will be quite the grind though. :shobon: