Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Riptor posted:

how the hell have they still not released the hollywood bowl episode of analyze phish

I think Scott has said that he wants to be personally involved with the editing but hasn't had the time with the tv show being shot right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Groucho Marxist posted:

I think Scott has said that he wants to be personally involved with the editing but hasn't had the time with the tv show being shot right now.

Then he signed a deal to do 40 episodes in a year. I'm going to assume he did that for the sole reason of stalling the release of AP5.

BarryMantlesnorks
Nov 14, 2005
That first song on the last ADPPP is legitimately great. I mean, they all are, but that first one is catchy as hell.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

It's supposed to be my job to do a song about not wanting to buy expensive things because black people do it too much. I sang the song called thrift shop where I said you guys, you other guys buy your fancy clothes, and you like riding cool cars and think spending money is cool, but it's actually not cool because now white people aren't doing it anymore and we don't like it. So too bad for you black guys.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I love U Talkin U2 To Me. Thanks to this podcast, I know so much about U2. This episode taught me a lot about "Achtung Baby". For instance, all the villians in Harry Potter are interesting and Quidditch is dumb and confusing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I learned that Scott really values his craft and studied it deeply, unlike some pretty boy who just showed up in LA trusting to his good looks. And also that you can only agree with Harris Wittles after he's left the room.
Also I really enjoyed them licking thier lips anticipating U2's big Superbowl news.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I just love that, after 1 hour of not talking about Achtung Baby, they decided that enough was enough and they had to start a new episode in which they could actually discuss it, then spent a further 30 minutes not discussing it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I could not stop laughing when Scott said "ugh... Mephisto" with such disdain. I can't wait for Pop.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 3, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Achtung Baby is still not a good album.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Who Charted is really boring when the guests and co-host take pop culture seriously. Howard Kremer sounded like he wanted to blow his brains out listening to multiple conversations about the best Batman movie. I was gonna skip these Kulap-less episodes but the awkward tension between Howard and April is enough to make me listen.

I don't think I've ever walked away from a podcast thinking less of a person than I did Mike Lawrence after this ep. I'm actively avoiding anything with his name on it going forward.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

Achtung Baby is still not a good album.

I wish they talked more about the Zoo TV tour. It was intentionally ridiculous and ironically over-the-top, but it's still so jarring compared to the earnest Sunday Bloody Sunday performance from just a few years earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRgVVX_rLO8

A lot of people forget that in between Super Earnest Bono and Cool Dad Bono there was variations of this nonsense for like an entire decade.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Like it would be fine if the songs were any good. One is fine, Who's gonna Ride Your Wild Horses is good, Mysterious Ways is hilarious and fun in its over the topness but god the rest of it is a bunch of sturm and drang signifying nothing

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Like it would be fine if the songs were any good. One is fine, Who's gonna Ride Your Wild Horses is good, Mysterious Ways is hilarious and fun in its over the topness but god the rest of it is a bunch of sturm and drang signifying nothing

Shakespeare's plays really WERE about U2. :aaaaa:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

German Shakespeare.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I wish they talked more about the Zoo TV tour. It was intentionally ridiculous and ironically over-the-top, but it's still so jarring compared to the earnest Sunday Bloody Sunday performance from just a few years earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRgVVX_rLO8

A lot of people forget that in between Super Earnest Bono and Cool Dad Bono there was variations of this nonsense for like an entire decade.

I think they're talking about Zoo TV next week.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

soggybagel posted:

I think they're talking about Zoo TV next week.

Is that the thing they did with Kmart? My earliest memories of U2 were like the videos for Mysterious Ways and Numb but like the first time I really became aware of them and how dumb they were was the Kmart thing.

e: ugh I left Numb playing in a window and when I alt-tabbed back to it there were a bunch of goddamn feet on my screen. dammit U2

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Is that the thing they did with Kmart? My earliest memories of U2 were like the videos for Mysterious Ways and Numb but like the first time I really became aware of them and how dumb they were was the Kmart thing.

e: ugh I left Numb playing in a window and when I alt-tabbed back to it there were a bunch of goddamn feet on my screen. dammit U2

That's their Pop-era tour, PopMart. Both were basically the same thing except Pop took on consumerism while ZooTV was about subliminal messages and fame and zzzZZzZzzzzzZZZZzz.....

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tracy Rearden has been cast in Jurassic Park 4.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/judy-greer-joins-jurassic-world-693459

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I can't wait for the scene where she gets into an argument with John Gemberling's character, a scientist who thinks that it's okay for humans to gently caress dinosaurs.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
That's Chris Pratt's character

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Will Don Dimello be producing JP4?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Lapkus is great, just next level. Should I watch House of Lies? I saw one episode and it was super heavy and didn't seem like a very funny show, despite having funny people in it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Have you enjoyed Lapkus on podcasts enough to watch her in the new Adam Sandler film Blended?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

ManoliIsFat posted:

Lapkus is great, just next level. Should I watch House of Lies? I saw one episode and it was super heavy and didn't seem like a very funny show, despite having funny people in it.

I don't particularly like House of Lies despite loving the everyone on the cast. Just watch Orange is the new black.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

Have you enjoyed Lapkus on podcasts enough to watch her in the new Adam Sandler film Blended?

I didn't even finish Funny People. Blended seems like it'll be super racist and set in a fake country made up of stereotypes. So ya, I may watch it.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I don't think I've ever walked away from a podcast thinking less of a person than I did Mike Lawrence after this ep. I'm actively avoiding anything with his name on it going forward.

I had the same reaction, it's the first time in a while I've bailed on a podcast after maybe ten minutes, he just came off like an idiot. I don't mind it without Kulap - last week's Two Charted about the second studio was a fun listen - but the Lawrence episode was awful.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

barkingclam posted:

I had the same reaction, it's the first time in a while I've bailed on a podcast after maybe ten minutes, he just came off like an idiot. I don't mind it without Kulap - last week's Two Charted about the second studio was a fun listen - but the Lawrence episode was awful.

Really? I haven't listened to his episode so I wouldn't know but I have seen him do stand up live a few times and he was really funny every time.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

The_Rob posted:

Really? I haven't listened to his episode so I wouldn't know but I have seen him do stand up live a few times and he was really funny every time.

I don't know his standup but I enjoyed the Who Charted ep a lot and don't understand the outrage. I'm the guy.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Wolf Den has a new episode up. And a new logo (I think?) that hopefully means a more regular schedule. Come back to SA, Jeff!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

soggybagel posted:

I don't particularly like House of Lies despite loving the everyone on the cast. Just watch Orange is the new black.

That's because you're watching the wrong show. House of Pies on the other hand...

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

Brock Samson posted:

I don't know his standup but I enjoyed the Who Charted ep a lot and don't understand the outrage. I'm the guy.

I think the part that did it for me was an impersonation he did of- I forget who, it was weeks ago, and it sounded nothing like the guy and had no joke in the content making it sound like the generic 'black guy' dialect WAS the joke.

That, and a few other remarks, just made him sound, as Hollis Brown posted, a racist and a dickhead.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

LockHeart posted:

I think the part that did it for me was an impersonation he did of- I forget who, it was weeks ago, and it sounded nothing like the guy and had no joke in the content making it sound like the generic 'black guy' dialect WAS the joke.

That, and a few other remarks, just made him sound, as Hollis Brown posted, a racist and a dickhead.

"Hey, I'm from Florida. I'm trying every day." :fuckoff:

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

The Wolf Den has a new episode up. And a new logo (I think?) that hopefully means a more regular schedule. Come back to SA, Jeff!

Thanks for listening! I'll be doing it regularly again. Just finished with the producer of WTF, Brendan McDonald.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

jeffullrich posted:

Thanks for listening! I'll be doing it regularly again. Just finished with the producer of WTF, Brendan McDonald.

Hi Jeff, Hollywood Handbook is the best show on Earwolf please be nice to it

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

Groucho. Groucho. Ask him about the T-shirts

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Groucho Marxist posted:

I just spent several hours of my Saturday afternoon on the show giving them a chance to make fun of me. Isn't that nice?!?!?!

They really do cost us a lot of money with no hope of turning it around and we still do it, so that should say something. We're on our SECOND money losing show with those guys. I think we've proven our devotion.

Thanks for listening.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

jeffullrich posted:

They really do cost us a lot of money with no hope of turning it around and we still do it, so that should say something. We're on our SECOND money losing show with those guys. I think we've proven our devotion.

Sounds like it's the perfect time to bring back The Reality Show Show

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

jeffullrich posted:

I just spent several hours of my Saturday afternoon on the show giving them a chance to make fun of me. Isn't that nice?!?!?!

Thanks for listening.

But... but i just donated four dollars and twenty cents to them the other week. Surely that will right the ship. Right?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
hey jeff. earwolf makes me happy. it makes me extra happy that never not funny is part of earwolf too. anyway thanks for making good podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
yaay jeff ulrich is back :unsmith:

(Hollywood Handbook fo lyfe)