Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lloyd Boner posted:

Wonder if that means Weidman-Machida is off or it's just the co-main.

e: co-main

Yeah, just saw that on twitter. So looking forward to that card now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
For us Americans:

145kg @markhunt1974 hunt is 320 lbs
175kg Ray Williams is 385 lbs
115kg Overreem is 254 lbs

Too much KFC

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Lloyd Boner posted:

e: VVV
literally in the quote we're discussing:

I wasn't thinking too hard and I thought that was UFC 173 for some reason.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
if sonnen/silva gets moved to 175 then that card is p. fuckin sick

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

Don't be, one is a dumb poo poo ogre that mumbles machismo-laden bullshit and the other is The People's Champ

Silva had some really cool fights and entrances in Pride though, and I'm a pro wrestling fan who regrets not seeing Pride when it was around for the entrances alone.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

John Romero posted:

if sonnen/silva gets moved to 175 then that card is p. fuckin sick

For a half second I thought I was having a stroke or was sent back in time. Yeah Chael is gonna embarrass Wandy and I don't care when it happens cause I'm gonna watch it anyway.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Novum posted:

For a half second I thought I was having a stroke or was sent back in time. Yeah Chael is gonna embarrass Wandy and I don't care when it happens cause I'm gonna watch it anyway.

hell, mark hunt doesnt have anything lined up atm does he? throw him on there. beat 168 numbers easy. good babe

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wanderlei Silva tries to get people to donate to charity and do good things for society, Chael Sonnen says funny things and scams people out of their livelihood. I can see why people are so apt to support Chael's sociopathic tendencies, but I'll stick with Wandy.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Also the Stann fight ruled and Wand beat the poo poo out of Cung Le after being confused by spinny poo poo. I got Chael but Wand's pretty cool.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fozzy The Bear posted:

For us Americans:

145kg @markhunt1974 hunt is 320 lbs
175kg Ray Williams is 385 lbs
115kg Overreem is 254 lbs

Too much KFC

That's probably a little high for Hunt I think he's normally around the 260 mark. I think he just gets fat as hell during his normal routine and then diets during camp.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Wanderlei Silva tries to get people to donate to charity and do good things for society, Chael Sonnen says funny things and scams people out of their livelihood. I can see why people are so apt to support Chael's sociopathic tendencies, but I'll stick with Wandy.

I don't actually think either thing you said is true.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I think my previous post might mislead someone into thinking I'm not a fan of Wanderson. I'll always appreciate him retiring Brian Stann, but I don't think he has the tools to stop Chael's attack, unless the TRT was really holding his whole game together I guess.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Oh yeah Chael's gonna kick his rear end. Well, probably not kick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

I don't actually think either thing you said is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfdz7I9C_yQ Wanderlei's Christmas video.

I don't have a cool youtube video for the Chael thing but he was involved in laundering what, $75,000 dollars involved in mortgage fraud?

Edit: Looks like Chael's scheme involved defrauding a large company, so at least no one's actual livelihood was at stake.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 8, 2014

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfdz7I9C_yQ Wanderlei's Christmas video.

I don't have a cool youtube video for the Chael thing but he was involved in laundering what, $75,000 dollars involved in mortgage fraud?

Edit: Looks like Chael's scheme involved defrauding a large company, so at least no one's actual livelihood was at stake.

dont care about any of it, looking forward to chael beating this dog faced gently caress boy

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

55 pound weight cut :ohdear:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

John Romero posted:

dont care about any of it, looking forward to chael beating this dog faced gently caress boy

I don't really care about Chael's deeds either, but when it comes to Wandy it's silly for people to act like there's no reason to like him and that he's completely horrible. He's a flawed fighter and kind of crazy, but really endearing and seems genuinely nice. He will probably lose to Chael though.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

MassRafTer posted:

I don't really care about Chael's deeds either, but when it comes to Wandy it's silly for people to act like there's no reason to like him and that he's completely horrible. He's a flawed fighter and kind of crazy, but really endearing and seems genuinely nice. He will probably lose to Chael though.

he beat up several children and is the worst aspect of macho bullshit in this sport + sounds like half a downer

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Yeah he likes beating up kids while sparring because they hit him a little too hard and yells about hespect and poo poo and got famous beating up confused japanese men off the street while more steroid than man. I mean yeah ultimately whether or not you like someone is a matter of weighing the good poo poo they do against the bad but I'm not sold that spending like 400 dollars on toys for kids outweighs the dumb poo poo he does.

I mean yeah it's not like Chael is a paragon of human society but I'd probably take 'being the fall man in a real estate scheme' over 'physically assaulting teenagers'.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I'd probably take 'being the fall man in a real estate scheme' over 'physically assaulting teenagers'.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Yeah he likes beating up kids while sparring because they hit him a little too hard and yells about hespect and poo poo and got famous beating up confused japanese men off the street while more steroid than man. I mean yeah ultimately whether or not you like someone is a matter of weighing the good poo poo they do against the bad but I'm not sold that spending like 400 dollars on toys for kids outweighs the dumb poo poo he does.

I mean yeah it's not like Chael is a paragon of human society but I'd probably take 'being the fall man in a real estate scheme' over 'physically assaulting teenagers'.

Ya all this

Also

quote:

@ZProphet_MMA 2m
Cheap rear end UFC... Holly Holm initially offered $15K/$15K by UFC

Not surprised her manager turned that down

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's funny Chael calls Wanderlei his pet idiot because it's kind of what he is. He doesn't understand that what he does to people while sparring at a seminar is wrong and thinks Chael is serious when selling fights.

Also for all of Chael's bad points I've never heard anyone say he is less than a perfect gentleman when they meet him in real life.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Didn't chael do something cool for some cancer kid

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Yuriy posted:

Really? Rhonda is on 50k/50k and Meisha is on 28k/28k. How is 15/15 unreasonable?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

xcore posted:

Really? Rhonda is on 50k/50k and Meisha is on 28k/28k. How is 15/15 unreasonable?

Well Holly wanted 6 figures and 15/15 is a lot lower than that :downs:

Also how the gently caress did you screw up everyone's name like that

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

xcore posted:

There is no way Mark Hunt weighs 145KG. Surely that man doesn't diet/cut 55 pounds to make weight. He normall ways in at about 250lb as well yeah?

when he was injured before the struve fight and doing the tug of war he was hilariously overweight, like 130+ kg. probably closer to 145 before the schilt fight.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

I am. Who the gently caress is Holly Holm to anybody that isn't some hardcore follower of the sport?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

1st AD posted:

Also how the gently caress did you screw up everyone's name like that

Well, Ronda spells her name wrong and what the gently caress sort of name is Meisha

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 8, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
My 8th grade math teacher's name was Rhonda and there was certainly an 'h' in it.

Speaking of the letter h Holly Holm is probably not worth more than 15/15 to the UFC. She wanted six digits? Good luck.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

-Atom- posted:

I am. Who the gently caress is Holly Holm to anybody that isn't some hardcore follower of the sport?

she has a cool alliterative name

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

John Romero posted:

she has a cool alliterative name

Hunter Hearst Holmsley

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

xcore posted:

Well, Ronda spells he name wrong and what the gently caress sort of name is Meisha

lol

also when taking into account those mysterious back room bonuses, I'm going to say that holly may have hosed up a little

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Naw, any rational person would probably favor guaranteed money over mysterious and undocumented bonuses. Problem is, Holm has like zero leverage to get a huge guaranteed deal like Lombard or Melendez did.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Wandy is an adorable fool that I will always love but My Man Main Chael is going to lay a hurt on him.

It's about time to somehow screen cap a Serra/Chael moment from that youtube video for an avatar.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

1st AD posted:

Naw, any rational person would probably favor guaranteed money over mysterious and undocumented bonuses. Problem is, Holm has like zero leverage to get a huge guaranteed deal like Lombard or Melendez did.

I agree with that but at the same time even Sean McCorkle made like 150% more than his guaranteed amount and got all sorts of comps. If they do that for nobodies like him then UFC would take care of a good female prospect who finishes her fights. She should be a little more honest with herself about expecting a Melendez deal off the bat and assume that the 15k/15k will go much further if she can pick up one or two good wins.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ronda has made a ridiculous amount, 50/50 is probably less than 1/10th of her earnings per fight. Dana usually doesn't brag about how much fighters make (since this whole system disguises that to give management more leverage) and he went out and bragged how Hollywood couldn't offer her close to what UFC is paying her. Obviously she's not getting top Hollywood star money, but all reports are she's making a ton.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ronda has PPV points and she was on a card with a million buys.

Even with undisclosed bonuses Holm couldn't expect to make that kind of scratch.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I can't believe people actually like Wanderlai...

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ty1990 posted:

I can't believe people actually like Wanderlai...

Same but Chael

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
If you're negotiating your income and signing contracts to that effect you probably want a little more assurances then you'll 'probably' get looked after if you do well, even though we're under no obligation to do so.

• Locked thread