Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A weird little thing about the furniture planet is how they drank out of buses and rode in bottles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

I laughed so hard at the stupid phones sitting on pizzas dialing people joke. Especially the third time.

And the hobo sofa dumping out his booze, after seeing two giant phones (people) walking around.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

I laughed so hard at the stupid phones sitting on pizzas dialing people joke. Especially the third time.

It was funny as hell the first time. The second time it was dumb. The third time it went back around to funny again.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Doofus Rick will die a horrible death.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Funkmaster General posted:

It was funny as hell the first time. The second time it was dumb. The third time it went back around to funny again.

rickandmorty.txt

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Ahaha was that a Chick Tract?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's like payday at never land ranch, this guy gets it.

What did me an OJ not have in common holy poo poo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Morty is going to beat a Rick.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
chick tracts!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Hammer Morty = Best Morty

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ohhhhhh poo poo.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I spoke too soon!

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
I never post in here, but I needed to share.

This show, and this particular episode - are the greatest things ever.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty much the best episode. Though it didn't end with X GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Why do you party?

To get wriggity WRECKED SOOOOOOON

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

The best part of this episode was Beth belching and all the Ricks going "Aaahhh, she did it!"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This show is on loving fire.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

zoux posted:

This show is on loving fire.

Really makes me wonder why this thread is so empty.

Another phenomenal episode. I personally feel like they traded in a bit of the humor for a better plot, but it was 100% worth it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also, since we're gonna overanalyze the continuity and worldbuilding in this show any way, it's super hosed up that all the horrible Morty torturing was actually done by a Morty! Also "if there's any truth in this reality it's that Ricks don't care about Mortys". Really hope evil Morty is a recurring character.

This was the ending song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-XbNj6Tk&feature=kp

This show has great ending songs!

zoux fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 8, 2014

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Everyone should watch this show. Jesus gently caress.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Yeah seriously the fact that the giant Morty torture orb was made by a Morty is really disturbing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Delightful episode.

"Don't break an arm jerking yourself off" got the biggest laugh of the episode out of me because I am 12.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Haha oh and the official certificate for a replacement Morty. Such a good show.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Space T Rex posted:

Haha oh and the official certificate for a replacement Morty. Such a good show.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

zoux posted:

Also, since we're gonna overanalyze the continuity and worldbuilding in this show any way, it's super hosed up that all the horrible Morty torturing was actually done by a Morty! Also "if there's any truth in this reality it's that Ricks don't care about Mortys". Really hope evil Morty is a recurring character.

This was the ending song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-XbNj6Tk&feature=kp

This show has great ending songs!

I have a feeling Evil Morty is being set up to do something cool later. I hope he pairs up with Doofus Rick.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Season finale is next week, right? Does it not seem like the creep towards continuity just went into overdrive, right as we're getting to season 2? But they could sort of alternate between regular episodes and overarching plot, to keep it from getting too, uh, plotty.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

How does Doofus Rick have Mask Morty if he never had kids?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Flying-PCP posted:

Season finale is next week, right? Does it not seem like the creep towards continuity just went into overdrive, right as we're getting to season 2? But they could sort of alternate between regular episodes and overarching plot, to keep it from getting too, uh, plotty.

So Rick gets Morty killed and has to cash in that free Morty voucher, but he ends up with Evil Morty as the replacement.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

He said they gave that Morty to him because he didn't have kids.

Seriously, it was in the same sentence.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

They just "paired him up." Like some sort of Morty-doption.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

So Rick gets Morty killed and has to cash in that free Morty voucher, but he ends up with Evil Morty as the replacement.

Maybe, but C-137 Morty won't really be dead, somehow. I just picture Evil Morty making appearances now and then to gently caress with our main dudes. The show is willing to do a lot of crazy stuff, but it seems to me that there's not likely to be any reveal about Morty not being Rick's original since it didn't happen in this episode. I expect they won't overuse this particular aspect of the alternate universes theme of the show, to avoid becoming too much like modern superhero comics.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Everything robo-Rick said was actually evil Morty right? So that whole thing Robo-Rick said about no Rick ever caring about a Morty was probably evil Morty hinting at his history.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Fellbat posted:

Everything robo-Rick said was actually evil Morty right? So that whole thing Robo-Rick said about no Rick ever caring about a Morty was probably evil Morty hinting at his history.

Gives a new meaning to his "my symphony" comment too. It was literally a symphony oh hims!

I love the fulfillment for everyone who thought there must be a dimension where Morty is the genius. And of course he is evil, eye-patch Morty! And our Morty is the One True Mortiest Morty!

I'm starting to question my tastes, as this episode was the funniest thing I have seen on TV in a decade! So glad they are already working on season 2, but I'm already jonesing for more! :sweatdrop:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Fellbat posted:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. And Rick says cocky Morty's are dangerous, so do all Morty's have untapped potential? Is that why Ricks like them so much? Or just the camo thing? Or somehow both?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Show is already streaming:

http://video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/close-rick-counters-of-the-rick-kind.html

That was the greatest thing ever. I mean, it was the greatest thing ever. I know I am repeating myself but it really was the greatest thing ever.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
One of the Rick Police says he has seen "this technology before" so maybe evil-Morty has been at this for a while, and our Rick is relatively aware of him like Police Rick.

To many Ricks in that sentence.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Well, I guess we know how Robot Morty works in the intro. Great episode.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"Why do you party?"

"TO GET RIGGITY RI*URRP* IGGTY WRECKED SOOONNN!!"

That wasn't in this episode, but loving hell that cracked me up.

This episode, however was the best episode in the series. Super super loving dark, great action sequences, awesome character beats, and a nice little twist at the end. Also, Hammer Morty, and Drunk Bum Couch freaking out at the walking humans.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PostNouveau posted:

But it turns out Morty hadn't really died; and after seeing how easily Rick replaced him he becomes disillusioned (even more so then he already is) and turns to a life of villainy and time travel eventually becoming...Evil Morty.

BAM! full circle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lazlo Nibble posted:

This started out as an iPad background but now I'm thinking more shower curtain.

Also, please give this more love. It's pretty cool.

• Locked thread