Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

And THAT was Wrestlemania 30.

I've been following this nerd since 2002.

I'm so proud :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

I'm glad ADR is going out of his way not to give Ziggler any further concussions.

You'll have to surgically remove the smile from my face. It's been there since last night.

Thanks for all the gifs guys!

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
What was up with Piper that he broke down like that?

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Perry Normal posted:

I'm glad ADR is going out of his way not to give Ziggler any further concussions.

ADR now associates Ziggler concussions with World title reigns :ohdear:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Tasoth posted:

Heel to the bone

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Blasmeister posted:

Heel to the bone

Piper is unstoppably committed to his gimmick.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Tasoth posted:

He really did not want to shake Mr. T's hand in a hilarious way.

Man, Taker's loss cast a pall over the whole rest of the show. So much so that I had to watch another show after that. So I watched my first ECW ppv ever, from 1997. I missed that whole era.

Things I learned from watching that show: WWF actually had crossovers with ECW, I see the appeal of Joey Styles, Taz can call someone "cum drunk," RVD was a actually a bad guy, I STILL haven't seen any reason why Tommy Dreamer was a thing, there were Big Dick and Sign Guy Dudleys and some greasy prick named Girtner or something wearing a neck brace with a bow tie on it who existed only to make horrible jokes, New Jack doesn't have moves and just shows up halfway through the match and brings a bucket of guitars and cheese graters and mailboxes to hit people with and his music stays on for the entire match (which does make things more festive), Shane Douglas can eat Bam Bam Bigelow's violence for 45 minutes and then win with maybe two moves for the whole match, Sandman might as well just be Some Guy's Uncle - who doesn't jump but just drunk-falls on people after setting up seemingly elaborate moves only to fail spectacularly at them, Sabu hits women, and people rarely chant for individuals and instead feverishly chant for the company as a whole at every third move, which is infectious at first but soon seems like it's a nasty cult of misogyny and homophobia. The little kid with a World Wrestling Faggots sign was really disheartening.

Imagine how nasty Wrestlemania TRIPLE-X would have been if the Attitude Era were still in effect.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 7, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm always pretty impressed by how well they booked Taz. He may have been a sawed off midget, but ECW never called attention to that. He was just this brick shithouse who would kill you dead.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

quote:

Give this ref a bonus or something

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Give this ref a bonus or something

Lil' Naitch was cursed by a gypsy such that every match he officiates he feels every move used in the ring.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Is lil' naitch the best ref ever? I can't think of any better but then few are as distinctive.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
I think he gets away with a lot when it comes to overacting sometimes, but I think every ref could learn to overact a bit. Bryce Remsburg, for example, gets a lot of hate for "making himself the star of the match" meanwhile lil' Naitch gets love for much of the same. I guess it's a disparity between people who think the ref should be invisible and others.

Gordy fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 7, 2014

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gordy posted:

I think he gets away with a lot when it comes to overacting sometimes, but I think every ref could learn to overact a bit. Bryce Remsburg, for example, gets a lot of hate for "making himself the star of the match" meanwhile lil' Naitch gets love for much of the same. I guess it's a disparity between people who think the ref should be invisible and others.

Also, because he looks like Ric Flair.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lil Naitch's hair seems to jump off his head as well.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo Orton landed on a monitor when he did the Batista bomb/RKO combo, I hope he's alright. :ohdear:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Oh poo poo Orton landed on a monitor when he did the Batista bomb/RKO combo, I hope he's alright. :ohdear:

From the gif it looks like he took most of it on his rear end, and not his back. He probably isn't 100%, but it could have been much, much worse.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

TheJoker138 posted:

From the gif it looks like he took most of it on his rear end, and not his back. He probably isn't 100%, but it could have been much, much worse.

He had a large bleeding cut on his back after the hit, so he did get his lower back for sure. Looked painful, when they brought the stretcher out I thought it was for Orton at first.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Gordy posted:

There's a difference between reacting in a way that makes the wrestlers look awesome and making the referee the focal point at the expense of the wrestlers. Lil Naitch is definitely the former.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Anyone downing on Bryce is probably just a dastardly Derek Sabato mark.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Imagine how fuckin confused I get since I see WM meaning WrasslorMonkey for like 9 months out of the year.

Your gifs rock as always WM, but if I could get WM gifs of one of Bryan's Knees (preferably the one to HHH), Bryan hitting HHH with the sledgehammer, or the Batista Bomb/RKO of death onto the table in hyper combo style I'd be ever so grateful to you, WM.

I know, I'm selfish to ask for these WM gifs from you WM, but they're the best thing you do and I always want more!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Wrong thread, I am the dumb one.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Tommy Young is the best ref ever.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Your gifs rock as always WM, but if I could get WM gifs of one of Bryan's Knees (preferably the one to HHH), Bryan hitting HHH with the sledgehammer, or the Batista Bomb/RKO of death onto the table in hyper combo style I'd be ever so grateful to you, WM.

I know, I'm selfish to ask for these WM gifs from you WM, but they're the best thing you do and I always want more!

RAW live gifs. Not many, for whatever reason.

When we say UCE, ya'll say... nope.

She's Heeeeee-eeeeeere!

Talk about a power couple. Wow.

Sting spotted at RAW

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Is there any way to turn amazing new John Cena theme music into a gif? Probably not. But I can't stop laughing at this anyway. This isn't going anywhere. It's the new Kurt Angle "You Suck!"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Steve Vader posted:

Is there any way to turn amazing new John Cena theme music into a gif? Probably not. But I can't stop laughing at this anyway. This isn't going anywhere. It's the new Kurt Angle "You Suck!"

This isn't new, god drat it. We were doing this back in 2004 (or 5 or whenever he debuted his current theme). I have asked on this very forum several times why people stopped doing it and just did the boring "let's go cena/cena sucks" thing instead now. I am so loving glad it's back.

I need a gif of Ceasaro's giant loving superplex, by the way.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

Watching from a couple different angles, Orton definitely landed on the table but then he immediately slid to his right and turned the monitor over with his back. It seems like he just grazed the top and the cut was from sliding across the metal corners. He definitely didn't land directly on it because the monitor was already on the floor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw gifs:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

More Raw gifs:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Morer Raw gifs:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 9, 2014

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

TheJoker138 posted:

This isn't new, god drat it. We were doing this back in 2004 (or 5 or whenever he debuted his current theme). I have asked on this very forum several times why people stopped doing it and just did the boring "let's go cena/cena sucks" thing instead now. I am so loving glad it's back.

Apologies. It did seem like something that should have been happening for years already.

Also, ha-ha, Jon Stewart ended his show last night with a mini-rant about Taker's streak ending.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Late request but when Batista and Orton are outside of the ring, Ambrose and Rollins give each other a knowing nod before going for the dives and I'd like that because Shield Bros 4 Ever.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Steve Vader posted:

Also, ha-ha, Jon Stewart ended his show last night with a mini-rant about Taker's streak ending.
Sure this is the wrong thread, but here's the moment in video form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXqp71q25y0 maybe someone could flip and gif it to bring the derail back on track.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

A parade of classic Ultimate Warrior gifs might be in order, if anyone has some. I know the entire SummerSlam 88 IC title match was once in a gif.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Quite possibly the first wrestling gif I ever saved onto my hard-drive.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

You should maybe check some other threads o_O

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Late request but when Batista and Orton are outside of the ring, Ambrose and Rollins give each other a knowing nod before going for the dives and I'd like that because Shield Bros 4 Ever.

Added it in with the other Raw gifs.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Got Paige's botched finisher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Taptista