Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

The Pear Shaped Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Viva Bianca does nothing for me.

Those pictures of the cast of those two shows reminds me that Daenerys is still a thing. I blocked that out of last episode. Emilia Clarke isn't even attractive with the lovely wig. I'm only truly happy when I can forget about Dany, *~*Daario*~* and the rest of her clusterfuck lovely story.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
You can do that but only after he had her in every way a man can have a woman.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
EVERY way. :q:

Yes even THAT way

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

On top AND on the bottom?!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hugging and kissing

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Get that smut out of here this is a respectable thread :mad:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
My dad who knows nothing about ASOIAF walked in when I was watching the show and said he wanted to watch. I said "Sure pops, you should probably start from the beginning". He said "no no I want to see the big retard who can only say his name". I said "Oh, Hodor" and he started laughing to hard he cried and left the room

welcome to the southeastern US

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Blitz7x posted:

My dad who knows nothing about ASOIAF walked in when I was watching the show and said he wanted to watch. I said "Sure pops, you should probably start from the beginning". He said "no no I want to see the big retard who can only say his name". I said "Oh, Hodor" and he started laughing to hard he cried and left the room

your dad's cool and you got owned pretty badly

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

I am laughing my rear end off at work. Your dad is awesome.

Also: :iceburn:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Show your dad Hodor's big floppy CGI dong, you can bond over it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Once Karl Dracko died in Khaleesi's storyline it sucked. Khaleesi is still a good character though.

Everything about her storyline is godawful. I mean I realize all of this is going to be important at some point but watching her meander around lovely slave cities like a feckless idiot drew on for far too many books.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The leper's colony is currently spoiling Tywin and Shae's deaths.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

syscall girl posted:

Wildcarding on a whole new level :catstare:

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

syscall girl posted:

They are just setting up for Brienne's choice in AFFC: sword or noose.

Riveting poo poo, I tells ya.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

FrozenVent posted:

Wildcarding on a whole new level :catstare:

Apparently that guy had a meltdown over the show/bad posting in the show thread.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

IRQ posted:

Apparently that guy had a meltdown over the show/bad posting in the show thread.

Nah that was someone else who got autobanned yesterday. This is just full on fyad

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The Bad Thread is all that remains.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Even the spoiler thread is closed. They were too naughty I guess.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Shhh, keep it down. Lest they close this one too. :tinfoil:

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I'm surprised the spoiler thread is closed too, unless Gurm has actually written something in the last two years.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Trivia posted:

Shhh, keep it down. Lest they close this one too. :tinfoil:
Or maybe the Unsullied will start posting here :unsmigghh:

Who am I kidding, they'd never think this thread was related to HBO's award-winning Game of Thrones.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Why did they close the spoiler thread?

http://youtu.be/QmKhGqWcJGY
http://tindeck.com/listen/utrz

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Deadpool just locked all the GoT threads because he's on vacation and can't sort things out properly. I'm sure eventually the spoiler thread will get unlocked at least since it was completely uninvolved in the FYAD shenanigans.

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?

fleshweasel posted:

Even the spoiler thread is closed. They were too naughty I guess.

I think the firestorm in the other thread just took that one out as collateral damage.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Of course, that's not stopping FYAD from randomly posting spoilers in completely unrelated threads. The Leper's Colony is quite a hoot right now, too.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ballz posted:

Of course, that's not stopping FYAD from randomly posting spoilers in completely unrelated threads. The Leper's Colony is quite a hoot right now, too.

I literally only shitpost in this one thread. what is FYAD and Lepers colony. I'm agoraphobic and don't go outside places I know.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

Hodor should join the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

kcroy posted:

I literally only shitpost in this one thread. what is FYAD and Lepers colony. I'm agoraphobic and don't go outside places I know.

FYAD is one of the oldest forums on SA along with GBS. It's the place where the rules are considerably relaxed and people can post NWS images and all sorts of silliness. They enjoy messing with people they think are taking things too seriously. I'm honestly surprised it took 4 seasons for them to seriously target the people whining about GoT spoilers.

The Leper's Colony is just the place where probations and bans are recorded. One of FYAD's mods (known as Idiot Kings) probated people and included spoiler text and images in the probation reasons.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
On the one hand, the books have been out for years so stop being such a loving baby.
On the other hand, why be a jerk to people?

Though I am 100% against show-specific spoilers, like if they change something major that either reflects unreleased Winds of Winter content or marks a big divergence between show & book material.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Namirsolo posted:

I think the firestorm in the other thread just took that one out as collateral damage.

Some will blame escape_artist, I don't. I think he's generally good poster in TVIV, I'm particularly fond of his posts in The Wire threads. But a man can only handle so many insufferable twats from TVIV. He was one of the few trying to mitigate everything, help quash the spoilers and be a "sub mod" of the worst thread. Instead he was turned on by the Unsullied's insane demands. They turned him into Willam Black.

That thread and all of its incarnations... the posters of which... they get what they deserve for becoming so self-righteous to the the point of insanity.

geeves fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 9, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ballz posted:

bathroom sounds posted:

On the one hand, the books have been out for years so stop being such a loving baby.
On the other hand, why be a jerk to people?

Though I am 100% against show-specific spoilers, like if they change something major that either reflects unreleased Winds of Winter content or marks a big divergence between show & book material.

One of the things I really like about Book Barn is most of the trolls seem to forget we exist. It is kinda funny that none of them seem to have remembered there's a book thread though.

As to tv spoilers in this thread, I'll probably go by the same rule as for books -- i.e., if it's something that's "new" within the past six months, please put it in spoiler tags, whether it's "new" because Martin finished a book for once or "New" because it's from an episode of the TV show that aired last week. On the other hand, if it's "old" -- i.e., an event that happened in a book published five years ago that just made the tv series last week -- it's old and I don't care, this is the book thread.

I don't watch the show though so if you report something as an uncloaked spoiler be sure to explain precisely why it's a spoiler so I don't have to go watch four seasons of a TV show to figure out if the report is legit or not.

Or would people prefer it if there were just a blanket "no tv show discussion in the book thread" rule? That would be simple and easy to enforce but would kinda suck if people wanted to do compare/contrast between show and books.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 9, 2014

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

One of the things I really like about Book Barn is most of the trolls seem to forget we exist. It is kinda funny that none of them seem to have remembered there's a book thread though.

The spoiler thread in TVIV serves a similar purpose, as many conversation s tack towards discussing the book. It's likely because this thread inherited the title of The Bad Thread.

I just wanna talk about a book called WILDCARDS

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.
The only thing to take away from the recent drama in the TV threads is that books are hard to read and boring. Why read when you can play angry birds or pokemon or whatever.

edit: or doing crosswords or something I don't know

PS: SUDOKU!

The Swamp Thing fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 9, 2014

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

As to tv spoilers in this thread, I'll probably go by the same rule as for books -- i.e., if it's something that's "new" within the past six months, please put it in spoiler tags, whether it's "new" because Martin finished a book for once or "New" because it's from an episode of the TV show that aired last week. On the other hand, if it's "old" -- i.e., an event that happened in a book published five years ago that just made the tv series last week -- it's old and I don't care, this is the book thread.

I don't watch the show though so if you report something as an uncloaked spoiler be sure to explain precisely why it's a spoiler so I don't have to go watch four seasons of a TV show to figure out if the report is legit or not.

Or would people prefer it if there were just a blanket "no tv show discussion in the book thread" rule? That would be simple and easy to enforce but would kinda suck if people wanted to do compare/contrast between show and books.

These forums need less rules, not more.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

less rules, not more, please.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

FYAD is one of the oldest forums on SA along with GBS. It's the place where the rules are considerably relaxed and people can post NWS images and all sorts of silliness. They enjoy messing with people they think are taking things too seriously. I'm honestly surprised it took 4 seasons for them to seriously target the people whining about GoT spoilers.

The Leper's Colony is just the place where probations and bans are recorded. One of FYAD's mods (known as Idiot Kings) probated people and included spoiler text and images in the probation reasons.

cool thanks.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

These forums need less rules, not more.

kcroy posted:

less rules, not more, please.

What they said. We've kept it together here, no need to change what works just fine.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I wonder how many words are in all the non-spoiler show threads if you add them up now, compared to the amount of words in all the books.

"Don't have time to read the books, too busy reading people's specualtion about what might happen on the show."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Junkenstein posted:

I wonder how many words are in all the non-spoiler show threads if you add them up now, compared to the amount of words in all the books.

"Don't have time to read the books, too busy reading people's specualtion about what might happen on the show."

It's far, far more.

So the solution will be for someone to cleverly present A song of Ice and Fire in forum posts.