Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Spacebump posted:

Just posted this in Wii U thread but thought it might as well go here.

The new club nintendo rewards games are up. They are Super Mario World for the Wii U, Art Academy First Semester 3ds, Trajectile 3ds, and Mario Golf for the wii. All of them except Mario Golf for the Wii are 200 coins. Mario Golf is 250.

Super Mario World for the Wii U has got to be one of the best games they have given away.

Good on them not doing yet another goddamn 30 cent promotion Wii U VC game. I'll be getting Mario Golf since this gives me a good reason to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Super Mario World for the Wii U has got to be one of the best games they have given away.

I would have used up my coins for it in a heartbeat... but I don't have a Wii U :(. Why couldn't this have been on the 3DS as well, I don't know. I think the 3DS is perfectly capable of playing SNES games.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

planetarial posted:

I think the 3DS is perfectly capable of playing SNES games.

Oh poo poo here we go! :can:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I'm looking forward to all the insights the average 3DS owner has about the technical limitations of the hardware. I'm sure they all know way more then professionally trained engineers working for the largest video game company in the world.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Xik posted:

I'm looking forward to all the insights the average 3DS owner has about the technical limitations of the hardware. I'm sure they all know way more then professionally trained engineers working for the largest video game company in the world.
Actually, you're wrong. Well, good discussion everyone, let's meet back up here next week.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm really torn on Mario Golf. I would play it at least once and enjoy it but I never boot into Wii Mode.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I'm really torn on Mario Golf. I would play it at least once and enjoy it but I never boot into Wii Mode.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I mean, there's also having it for the sake of paying like a buck or whatever to upgrade to the Wii U version whenever that happens.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sweet, finally a reason to buy SMW

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I mean, there's also having it for the sake of paying like a buck or whatever to upgrade to the Wii U version whenever that happens.

Haha, you think that N64 VC is coming back anytime soon.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Elliotw2 posted:

Haha, you think that N64 VC is coming back anytime soon.

I don't, actually. Hence my saying "Whenever that happens."

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 7, 2014

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

poo poo, I loved Toadstool Tour but honestly never played Mario Golf on the N64. Is it worth picking up with the 3DS version so close?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

njsykora posted:

So is Blackgate any good? I might pick it up since I have Amazing Mirror and Wario Ware on my 3DS already.

I can't speak for any of the console or PC ports, but on 3DS it's kind of stiff and clunky with really bland environments that don't always make a lot of sense. I ended up getting rid of it without bothering to finish it, and I played through Arkham City twice.

Take that as you will.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Hasn't Art Academy: First Semester been offered in Club Nintendo before?...and for cheaper? Are they really out of bones to throw 3DS owners?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

All I want is SMRPG /Ogre Battle 64 for off-tv play but I guess the hype machine only can run on one gear at a time so we won't get any N64 news until after they get bored with GBA

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kaleidoscope posted:

Hasn't Art Academy: First Semester been offered in Club Nintendo before?...and for cheaper? Are they really out of bones to throw 3DS owners?

You may be thinking of the DSi Art Academy game, I know they gave that away before.

Or they could have also given the 3DS title away before too, I'm not too sure.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
Art Academy: First Semester is the DSi version.
Get the proper 3DS one, and not this last-gen version.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

MinibarMatchman posted:

All I want is Ogre Battle 64 for off-tv play
In my experience this game has a lot of problems in just about every emulator. I'd be surprised to see it anywhere ever unless someone ports it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MinibarMatchman posted:

All I want is SMRPG /Ogre Battle 64 for off-tv play but I guess the hype machine only can run on one gear at a time so we won't get any N64 news until after they get bored with GBA

You can play SMRPG off TV. You just need a wiimote+classic controller.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Casnorf posted:

In my experience this game has a lot of problems in just about every emulator. I'd be surprised to see it anywhere ever unless someone ports it.

You know it's already on the Wii VC, right?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Elliotw2 posted:

You know it's already on the Wii VC, right?

Well in that case, I'm completely wrong and I wanna see it on the U!

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So here's a thing that happened:

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/04/two-tribes-sales-explosion/

There are apparently day to day sales, so whilst the lack of reference on the ends of the chart are unhelpful, even with some conservative averages one can see its a decent spike at least. One imagines its partly influenced by the actual announcement of the price drops too, but still. Hope Nintendo takes note when it comes to pricing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE UK just announced the price for Nintendo Pocket Football Club (aka Calciobit), as well as an early adopter discount:

quote:

Create your own pocket-sized dynasty from 17th April when Nintendo Pocket Football Club releases exclusively on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS, available at a special launch offer price of £10.79 until 1st May (23:59 local time). After this date, the game will be available to purchase from Nintendo eShop for £13.49

I'm guessing that'll equate to 12.49 / 14.99 in Euros.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOE UK just announced the price for Nintendo Pocket Football Club (aka Calciobit), as well as an early adopter discount:

I'm guessing that'll equate to 12.49 / 14.99 in Euros.

Launch this in the US dammit! :argh:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

We're going to hold it, and Layton x Wright, ransom until we get SMTIV. :colbert:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Launch this in the US dammit! :argh:

Reminder that NA got that one Inazuma Eleven eShop game but the UK didn't for no good reason.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Spacebump posted:

Just posted this in Wii U thread but thought it might as well go here.

The new club nintendo rewards games are up. They are Super Mario World for the Wii U, Art Academy First Semester 3ds, Trajectile 3ds, and Mario Golf for the wii. All of them except Mario Golf for the Wii are 200 coins. Mario Golf is 250.

To confirm, it's the actual WiiU version of SMW, right? Not the Wii VC version?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wii U version. It's one of the first Wii U VC games that came out

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wii U version. It's one of the first Wii U VC games that came out

Thanks. I know it was one of the first to come out (and don't think it was one that was discounted either) but always second guess WiiU Club Nintendo awards thanks to them labeling Wii VC games as WiiU.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Don't forget, they did the same thing with 3DS titles.

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

YourAverageJoe posted:

Don't forget, they did the same thing with 3DS titles.

Yeah, I was actually a bit disappointed to see that both the 3DS options for Club Nintendo this month were DSi-ware. I would have jumped on the Art Academy if it were a 3DS title. The other one looked neat, too. More coins for later though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Dsi games you can at least open right from the normal menu and have full home button functionality.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Thanks. I know it was one of the first to come out (and don't think it was one that was discounted either) but always second guess WiiU Club Nintendo awards thanks to them labeling Wii VC games as WiiU.

I think they'll always put up the Wii U version if one exists. The way they were labelled was still incredibly stupid, though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kid Icarus Uprising did end up being released on the PAL eShop today, but it had nothing to do with the Smash Direct, that was a total flub on my part. No idea why they didn't just wait until Thursday like the usually do.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE just put out a new trailer for Nintendo Pocket Football Club:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S90sOfrh9M

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Jesus that looks fun, like Football Manager but not seemingly impenetrable to get into. Is it also coming to NA?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Has Mario Kart 7 ever gone on some kind of discount or sale? I'm really considering picking it up to 1) tide me over til 8, and 2) just have a portable mario kart, but if there's a possibility of getting it cheaper I'll wait.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The only 3DS First Party game that has ever gone on special from memory was that time NOE put OOT3D at half price for a week.

Unless you are talking retail, in which go look for a second hand copy I guess?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Cerepol posted:

Jesus that looks fun, like Football Manager but not seemingly impenetrable to get into. Is it also coming to NA?

Nope, hasn't been announced for NA.

jivjov posted:

Has Mario Kart 7 ever gone on some kind of discount or sale? I'm really considering picking it up to 1) tide me over til 8, and 2) just have a portable mario kart, but if there's a possibility of getting it cheaper I'll wait.

I can't ever remember it being discounted, no. GAME UK sells download codes for less than buying directly from the eShop, but if you're in NA you're poo poo out of luck.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

jivjov posted:

The closest thing is Target doing a buy 2 games get one 1 free thing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Crawfish posted:

The only 3DS First Party game that has ever gone on special from memory was that time NOE put OOT3D at half price for a week.

Unless you are talking retail, in which go look for a second hand copy I guess?

I buy almost everything on my 3DS digitally these days...I have a giant SD card in there, so being able to swap from game to game without cartridges is super handy. I do fear the day I lose or break my system though...