Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009
What if I have a baggy of Durban Poison and another of some Goat and another with a little Strawberry Jerry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
On any given delivery my disabled friend gets no less than 3 different bags for 3 different strains. The variety pack has like 7 1-gram baggies in one big bag. She keeps those baggies separate because she likes to know what she's smoking, because different strains have different effects and she likes to compare them. She also keeps the bags for storing ash to throw away and stems and keef to keep.

Multiple bags = Dealer is a terrible terrible TERRIBLE assumption to make.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
And also who the gently caress cares about "DEALERS!!!" It's a plant, get over it.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Can you smoke weed in the White House/Congress then?

TenementFunster posted:

it's like nobody paid attention the last half-dozen times I outlined the reasons why legal, recreational stuff has been expensive so far

It's more than "like" that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Powercrazy posted:

And also who the gently caress cares about "DEALERS!!!" It's a plant, get over it.

Yeah, for real. I love smoking with my friends and that's cool, but if they ask me to buy some weed so they can smoke when I'm not around I'm suddenly doing some terrible thing?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

scroogle nmaps posted:

Nope, those are still federal land where federal law applies. Once decrim goes into effect in DC, crossing no small number of streets with a joint will be enough to take you from a ticket to a year in prison.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Federal laws are still in force all over the country, FWIW. It's just a matter if the officer that sees you smokgin wants to make it an arrest, and who pays the officer. Until the either the Supreme Court or Congress does something, the Federal schedules are still the law and appealing to local decriminalizations will not help your case if you face an officer that wants to make the arrest and a DA that wants the conviction.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Powercrazy posted:

And also who the gently caress cares about "DEALERS!!!"
is this rhetorical? if not: hundreds of millions of people in america and abroad. hth.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
So (speaking hypothetically, because this is probably not going to happen), how does this work in practice? DC Capital Police, as I understand it, have jurisdiction for a few blocks around Congress, or anywhere while serving on protective detail or dealing with a violent crime. If that's the case, it sounds like he couldn't do anything to someone smoking across the street from a block that is under their jurisdiction. And on the other hand, let's say someone from DC Metro Police stops you while smoking on city jurisdiction, can they hand you over to federal law enforcement for federal prosecution? How about on federal property - can DCMPD even detain someone there in the first place, and if they can are they required to hand you over to the federal law enforcement with jurisdiction there?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

TenementFunster posted:

is this rhetorical? if not: hundreds of millions of people in america and abroad. hth.

It's moral panic, with a little bit of racism mixed in, and it's bullshit and has been as long as the war on drugs has existed.

Py-O-My
Jan 12, 2001

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

And on the other hand, let's say someone from DC Metro Police stops you while smoking on city jurisdiction, can they hand you over to federal law enforcement for federal prosecution?

Public consumption is still a criminal offense under DC law. The bill was going to change that, but the chief of police and mayor's office whined enough that it was removed.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

quote:

“You’re going to allow civil process for people who possess it. And the guy who sells it to ‘em, you’re still going to call him a distributor and he’s going to have a five-year felony on his record. Now that’s ridiculous!” said Mike McDermott, (R)-Eastern Shore.
He's absolutely right. I can hear the gears almost turning.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I still want Colorado to arrest a DEA agent to throw its states rights dick around.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That sounds like an incredibly bad idea that will serve no good purpose at all.

Py-O-My
Jan 12, 2001

VROOM VROOM posted:

He's absolutely right. I can hear the gears almost turning.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for this guy.

http://somd.com/news/headlines/2014/18059.shtml posted:

Del. Mike McDermott, an Eastern Shore police officer who had fought the bill as a member of the Judiciary Committee, vocally opposed it in floor debate, and in two instances, his diatribes ended with him screaming.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ColoradoCleric posted:

I still want Colorado to arrest a DEA agent to throw its states rights dick around.

What possible reason could you want that for?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Didn't some state almost pass a nullification law authorizing the arrest of federal GUN GRABBERS? Not a great model to follow.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

scroogle nmaps posted:

It's more than "like" that.

Hypothetically speaking, I'd love to see everyone in Congress piss tested and see how many piss hot.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

ColoradoCleric posted:

How does sovereign immunity work there?

Also what would they even arrest them for?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

veedubfreak posted:

Hypothetically speaking, I'd love to see everyone in Congress piss tested and see how many piss hot.

I'd actually want the President to say he is going to force all of congress to drug test because it would force the supreme court to get involved and ultimately would result in drugs tests being unconstitutional. It could be amazing if handled in a smart way.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Powercrazy posted:

I'd actually want the President to say he is going to force all of congress to drug test because it would force the supreme court to get involved and ultimately would result in drugs tests being unconstitutional. It could be amazing if handled in a smart way.

This would be amazing.

AYC
Mar 9, 2014

Ask me how I smoke weed, watch hentai, everyday and how it's unfair that governments limits my ability to do this. Also ask me why I have to write in green text in order for my posts to stand out.
http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/04/07/marijuana-legalization-proponents-throw-in-the-towel-for-2014

California is officially gone for 2014.

On the bright side, 2016 will almost certainly see full legalization in California and several other states.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Nonsense posted:

This would be amazing.

The District Court for the District of Columbia would have many, many ways to declare that unconstitutional without even touching on drug testing, like for example, the fact that the president can't just order someone in the legislature to do something.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So (speaking hypothetically, because this is probably not going to happen), how does this work in practice? DC Capital Police, as I understand it, have jurisdiction for a few blocks around Congress, or anywhere while serving on protective detail or dealing with a violent crime. If that's the case, it sounds like he couldn't do anything to someone smoking across the street from a block that is under their jurisdiction. And on the other hand, let's say someone from DC Metro Police stops you while smoking on city jurisdiction, can they hand you over to federal law enforcement for federal prosecution? How about on federal property - can DCMPD even detain someone there in the first place, and if they can are they required to hand you over to the federal law enforcement with jurisdiction there?

Considering how Congress treats the District, DCMPD will probably be happy to ignore the Feds on this, so it's very unlikely they would turn you over, plus they already have actual city police poo poo to deal with. Most of the federal law enforcement is concentrated downtown around the Mall where the federal buildings are so that is still definitely off limits if you want to stay out of jail. Add to that a lot of the green space across the city administered by the National Park Service, which means US Park Police.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_law_enforcement_agencies_in_the_District_of_Columbia

Either way I wouldn't gently caress around with smoking across the street or anything like that, I'm sure they would love to make an example out of someone.

KernelSlanders posted:

The District Court for the District of Columbia would have many, many ways to declare that unconstitutional without even touching on drug testing, like for example, the fact that the president can't just order someone in the legislature to do something.

Yeah this is why the Capitol Police exist among other things, there's a pretty massive constitutional firewall between Executive and Legislative.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 9, 2014

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

AYC posted:

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/2014/04/07/marijuana-legalization-proponents-throw-in-the-towel-for-2014

On the bright side, 2016 will almost certainly see full legalization in California and several other states.
good. california doesn't deserve anything nice.

just be sure to stay in california, californians

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

veedubfreak posted:

Legal prices here in CO are roughly double the price of Medical, then add to that the tax on top. So he does kind of have a point, except that it's a hell of a lot easier to find someone with a green card than going down to your local cartel buddy and buying lovely brickweed.

Cartels do not only supply lovely brickweed.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

It's way too late for you.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

AYC posted:

Well, at least it'll be during a presidential year, which should boost its chances of passing (and they were probably pretty good for 2014 already)

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx

TenementFunster posted:

Serious question is anti-Californianism aimed only at white Californians or is it some kind of socially-acceptable racism against Hispanics? I don't get it.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Plexiwatt posted:

Serious question is anti-Californianism aimed only at white Californians or is it some kind of socially-acceptable racism against Hispanics? I don't get it.

No, because one in ten Americans is a Californian and people from other States just like to poo poo on us for totally reasonable reasons. Well, let's specify: Southern Californians, we're extremely materialistic, fake, and don't talk to anyone outside our clique, and sometimes not even then. Bay Area types and those in the North hate on Southern Californians, but when they go anywhere else they don't get treated as special and unique snowflakes. They're equally disliked. They've got the same attitude but they're generally more of a hairy hipster breed (women included) and brag about 'OMG OUR WEED IS SO MUCH BETTER" and like to say things like hell-a. So douches as well, just different douches.

I say this as a Californian (San Diego) born and raised for 28 years now living in Texas (GUESS WHICH CITY!?) :D We get a lot of hate here for good reasons, not by race but just because of our attitudes and how our rich parents and richer grandparents who 'totally all live on the coast' are buying property here like crazy and building McMansions in just about every "poor two years ago but now a totally hip and gentrified part" on the city.

They all hate us but secretly love us. I swear, I see more people wearing t-shirts with the California flag more in Texas than at any time while living in CA. I'm sure a lot of them are transplants but there's way too many for just that.

THE BOMBINATRIX fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 9, 2014

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Plexiwatt posted:

is it some kind of socially-acceptable racism against Hispanics?
yeah, that's it. gently caress you, idiot.

either that or it's los angeles, san diego, fresno, sacramento, bakersfield, anaheim, all of the inland empire, riverside, stockton, irvine, modesto, huntington beach, and every other shithole little burb

Alex DeLarge posted:

now living in Texas (GUESS WHICH CITY!?)
austin sucks and is for terrible white kids. texas is a terrible state and austin is the worst city in texas.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

One of the Austin mayoral debate questions raised by the audience several years ago was "How will you stop Californians from moving to Austin?"

Really they're just an easy target to blame for the rapid gentrification and overpopulation of the city when they're more of a symptom. Most of the people moving to Austin are moving from the rest of Texas.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Colorado hates California because y'all keep moving here, but can't seem to stop going on and on and on about California and how its so much better because

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

TenementFunster posted:

austin sucks and is for terrible white kids. texas is a terrible state and austin is the worst city in texas.

Does not suck thank you very much. Given the weather sucks 9 1/2 months of the year but that doesn't mean it sucks, you just gotta harden up.

And I don't place much credence to some sexual tourist who's been porking children on the other side of the world for the better half of a decade.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Alex DeLarge posted:

And I don't place much credence to some sexual tourist who's been porking children on the other side of the world for the better half of a decade.
pardon

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Colorado hates California because y'all keep moving here, but can't seem to stop going on and on and on about California and how its so much better because

Idaho has the same hate of Californians moving in but at least they're ideologically consistent about hating the state too!

(Even though it's mostly the conservative shitbags that are moving in)

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Well I live in Florida and we seem to be hitting peak state-loathing so save it. I can only hope legalizing medical cannabis this election will help dispel that.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Plexiwatt posted:

As long as Diane Feinstien is a senator, Californian's deserve more scorn than the rest of the US combined.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

superjew posted:

Well I live in Florida and we seem to be hitting peak state-loathing so save it. I can only hope legalizing medical cannabis this election will help dispel that.

I live in Tallahassee and I'm pretty content. It seems to not have most of the shittiness of the rest of the state. I suppose it's because it doesn't have the beaches and other niceties of the rest of the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Powercrazy posted:

As long as Diane Feinstien is a senator, Californian's deserve more scorn than the rest of the US combined.

I mean she's kind of lame, I guess.

Edit: Is this a single issue voter "Mah Gunzz!" argument?

• Locked thread