Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So has anyone heard of Stab City? It's some RPG that started up a while ago on kickstarter. I had a friend back it but haven't heard back from them about it yet. Is it any good?

I backed it. No update since October 29th, so...couldn't tell ya! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

So has anyone heard of Stab City? It's some RPG that started up a while ago on kickstarter. I had a friend back it but haven't heard back from them about it yet. Is it any good?

It's not out yet. I backed it, we haven't heard from the main guy in months, but the artist behind it has posted progress reports on the art to his tumblr, indicating something is still happening. I follow the guy who did Motobushido on G+ and he posted 'has anyone seen this guy' a week or 2 back and someone linked to the artist's tumblr. Now you know everything I do about Stab City status.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hasn't come out yet, and has been silent since October or so.

e: Well, poo poo. Forgot to look at the next page.

The Stab City guy was a goon, right?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Isn't that the one that hasn't been updated since October, and his last post was, "I spent all your money on a pizza party"?

I dodged a ($10) bullet there. I had backed it, but cancelled my pledge because I just didn't think the design notes looked any good, no matter how awesome the idea was.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hasn't come out yet, and has been silent since October or so.

e: Well, poo poo. Forgot to look at the next page.

The Stab City guy was a goon, right?

He went by AssumeThisIsReal, yes.

I'm sure this brings back memories.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

Isn't that the one that hasn't been updated since October, and his last post was, "I spent all your money on a pizza party"?

He posted more updates on G+ instead of the Kickstarter page, but he hasn't said anything in months. Last time he said anything public about it, he was rewriting everything.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Was ATIR the guy who rushed to defend Zak S? Or am I thinking of a different redtexted douche?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rulebook Heavily posted:

He went by AssumeThisIsReal, yes.

I'm sure this brings back memories.

More like flashbacks, but yes. So thanks for that. :argh:

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
Kickstarter has exiled more tg goons than anything else it seems.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
You're dealing with a posting body comprised of nerds for whom a life filled with charts and elves was preferable to reality. At that point, you're inured to weirdoes beyond the biggest lunatics, so you have to reach into the realm of actual crime (theft, murder, domestic abuse, etc.) to be ostracized.

Like, I don't particularly care when Ettin tells us about his diaper-clown fetish, since he mostly keeps quiet about it and runs a good game of FATE.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

grassy gnoll posted:

Like, I don't particularly care when Ettin tells us about his diaper-clown fetish, since he mostly keeps quiet about it and runs a good game of FATE.

Say wha?

Also, purchased Blood and Smoke on Turnintrix's advice. Who writes this?! I hope there was alcohol and feel-good type druggy stuff involved, because I couldn't write this with a straight face if you paid me to do so.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
:thejoke:

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Davin Valkri posted:

Say wha?

Also, purchased Blood and Smoke on Turnintrix's advice. Who writes this?! I hope there was alcohol and feel-good type druggy stuff involved, because I couldn't write this with a straight face if you paid me to do so.

At least the art's cool, right?

:drac:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

quote:

All this Stab City News

Well that sucks. Was looking forward to trying out a Anarchy Reigns style game in the system. Oh well.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Eh, the people who know me know my tastes run...differently. The guy on the far left doesn't look too bad, though.

Darn it, now I want to play World of Darkness x Golden Sky Stories. I wanna play a Werewolf who finds a little kid lost in the woods and gives them a doggy-back ride to their parents or something.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Davin Valkri posted:

Say wha?

Are you referring to the gameplay mechanics or the fiction they slip in? Only curious because I got a friend who plays World of Darkness who was really chatting this game up as being "vampire, but with good mechanics."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Covok posted:

Are you referring to the gameplay mechanics or the fiction they slip in? Only curious because I got a friend who plays World of Darkness who was really chatting this game up as being "vampire, but with good mechanics."

I meant the fiction, sorry.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
A White Wolf book having doofy fiction? Get the gently caress out, next you'll be expecting me to believe that the sky's blue or something.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Kai Tave posted:

A White Wolf book having doofy fiction? Get the gently caress out, next you'll be expecting me to believe that the sky's blue or something.

BvsD
Undead Menses
Changing Breeds
A Dark Irony Indeed
Have you ever hosed a man who can fly?
:colbert:

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

stoutfish posted:

Kickstarter has exiled more tg goons than anything else it seems.

grassy gnoll posted:

You're dealing with a posting body comprised of nerds for whom a life filled with charts and elves was preferable to reality. At that point, you're inured to weirdoes beyond the biggest lunatics, so you have to reach into the realm of actual crime (theft, murder, domestic abuse, etc.) to be ostracized.

On a serious note, it's not exactly just tabletop gamers, here---if you want to include ALL crowdfunding as part of the issue, just look at all the problems with Steam Greenlight and Early Access.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
This is what happens when you start letting a population that is known for impulse control problems run marketing campaigns and businesses. Bunch of kids running a cookie store who decide to say gently caress it and just start selling the raw dough and everything's great until the first customer starts puking.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Well, to be fair there's plenty of gaming kickstarters that haven't had tons of issues. It's just that the failures tend to be HUGE failures so they stand out more, regardless of who's involved and whether or not they're tied to SA.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Cairn was an amazing flameout.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Cairn was an amazing flameout.

Everything Nystul had going was amazing, really.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The Doom That Come To Atlantic City was even more impressive. Guy just ran off with $100,000, a straight-up bag job.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Jesus gently caress guys, make up your minds. Am I a human being tranny or a malicious thief?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Yes. No. Maybe...I can't loving decide. Is there a prize for the correct answer?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gau posted:

Jesus gently caress guys, make up your minds. Am I a human being tranny or a malicious thief?

Have you considered the possibility that the two avatars come from two completely different groups of people who probably don't post in the same forums?

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Have you considered the possibility that the two avatars come from two completely different groups of people who probably don't post in the same forums?

No, I pretty much only post piss people off here.

Gau fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 8, 2014

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Yes. No. Maybe...I can't loving decide. Is there a prize for the correct answer?
I think it's one of those door riddles. If we guess the right answer we get to continue dungeoning.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Gau posted:

The human being tranny avatar was unfunny bullshit and the person who bought it is a piece of homophobic garbage for thinking it was funny enough to spend ten dollars on. On the other hand, the person who ran a blog called How Not To Run A Game Business completely botching an RPG Kickstarter is actually kind of funny. Not funny enough to buy yet another avatar about it, if you ask me, but at least it's not a complete travesty like that last one was.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Gau posted:

Asking goons this seems to be the equivalent of putting your head in the lion's mouth while wearing a hamburger hat.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well drat it now I want to eat a hat made out of hamburgers. Thanks Alien Rope Burn.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The prize for next month's contest should be getting to pick Gau's next custom title and avatar.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The human being tranny avatar was unfunny bullshit and the person who bought it is a piece of homophobic garbage for thinking it was funny enough to spend ten dollars on. On the other hand, the person who ran a blog called How Not To Run A Game Business completely botching an RPG Kickstarter is actually kind of funny. Not funny enough to buy yet another avatar about it, if you ask me, but at least it's not a complete travesty like that last one was.

Agreed. I'm glad to see that avatar go. I have zero opinions on the whole Kickstarter fiasco because I wasn't involved, but it's amazing people're willing to throw away this much money over that grudge. What is that, $40 down the hole? Or more? (Not necessarily from the same people.) Well, at least it helps keep this site running.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The human being tranny avatar was unfunny bullshit and the person who bought it is a piece of homophobic garbage for thinking it was funny enough to spend ten dollars on. On the other hand, the person who ran a blog called How Not To Run A Game Business completely botching an RPG Kickstarter is actually kind of funny.

Yeah, it was more a joke on whoever bought that poo poo.

Kind of surprised "How Not To Run A Game Business" hasn't been part of the redtext yet, you'd think it'd be a bit obvious. I don't particularly care, because I don't know poo poo regarding what went down and don't have a dog in that fight, anyway.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Imo, justice will be served if he changes his name to TURBODRACULA and his av to the dude from twilight. And keeps it that way.

Fake edit: I don't actually care, I just think it'd be funny.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
Can we talk about something that isn't some stupid poo poo? Like, for example, Gamer-XP, a new site dedicated to tabletop games related news, interviews, and other stuff. It's pretty empty right now, but it looks promising, maybe?

Certainly fills a niche that isn't currently occupied (it's really hard to find out release schedules for some of these things, man).

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Yes if you wish to discuss Gau's virtues or lack thereof, please take it to one of the many forums where call out threads are acceptable and encouraged. This is not one of them. If you wish to discuss failed kickstarters, I direct you to the TG Industry thread or the Game Business thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Some of the Gamer XP fluff pieces got me cringing a bit - I don't need Crusader Kings II fanfic - but they do seem to be covering some uncovered stuff. The LARP article is nice to see, for example. I'd like to see more about local projects and groups like that, it's interesting.

• Locked thread