Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ozza
Oct 23, 2008

JFC posted:

Does anyone in this thread wish Fez would stay on the show at this point?

As a newish listener to the show, I love Fez. Not as a co-host though - I love him in the same way that I loved Lady Di when she did that O&A internship. I can't get enough of him freaking out, making minor mistakes that Ron pounces on, panic live reading in silences, and being a general weirdo. Judging by this thread, though, I expect this affection to take a nose dive some time very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I never want Fez gone.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
If Fez leaves, Ron will just designate another whipping boy. Whether it be Al Dukes, Billy Staples or Black Earl, Ron and Fez always needs a whipping boy. Fez has filled that role admirably since Black Earl left.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Bobo's such a groveling idiot. Isn't he 31?

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel
they could get a show dog and name it fez to keep the brand together. he could stay in the studio and alternate between ron, shelby and chris' respective apartments

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.

livingfruitvirus posted:

Does age even matter when you're like him? Seems like he'll be in that state forever and can't ever get a job/live on his own.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

livingfruitvirus posted:

I loved when he called into Ron and Fez at the beginning of the show and said something like, "Hey, wasn't that funny when O and A did that thing this morning pretending that I couldn't have tickets for the show?" And Ron let there be this long, awkward silence and then was like, "That's between you and them, Bobo. I'm not getting involved in that." It was so clear Bobo actually thought Ron would say, "No problem, Bobo. I'll hook you up. Hold on." And Bobo also went into a thing about how he's making an appearance at the Cronuts line on Friday and throwing Oreos at people but he's not ripping off Erock's bit he really thought of it first before Erock.

Him and Lady Di whining and begging for tickets on O&A was great.

Amphion posted:

Does age even matter when you're like him? Seems like he'll be in that state forever and can't ever get a job/live on his own.
There are programs that help teach mentally disabled people how to work basic jobs-- jobs like working cashier at grocery stores or fast food restaurants or stocking shelves. I've seen plenty of people more retarded than Bobo who work for a living. A lot of these people still have to live in homes or have some sort of support but they still are able to go out and do things. My mom worked with a program for a while when I was a kid. When I was relying on public transport I used to interact with these people all the time as they were going and coming from work. Bobo is definitely high-functioning enough to be doing something, anything. He can take multiple trains and buses. He can memorize every detail of "da show". He could never just live on his own. But as far as not doing other things, his mom clearly feels that this way is a lesser headache for her than taking his radio away and dealing with the temper tantrums.

UncleMonkey fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 9, 2014

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Gianthogweed posted:

If Fez leaves, Ron will just designate another whipping boy. Whether it be Al Dukes, Billy Staples or Black Earl, Ron and Fez always needs a whipping boy. Fez has filled that role admirably since Black Earl left.

He dishes it out pretty equally to Hicks and Shelby recently, but both are pretty great at taking it. Shelby in particular.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Right up until it becomes the Ron Bennington show. Which has a nice ring to it.
Is there even any other reason? Not a single member of the cast besides Ron has ever made me laugh when I've listened, they're not even particularly good sounding boards.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I've worked with retarded kids that were way lower functioning than Bobo and got them semi-productive. He's just a lazy rear end in a top hat that's enabled by a family that clearly gave up.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Is there even any other reason? Not a single member of the cast besides Ron has ever made me laugh when I've listened, they're not even particularly good sounding boards.

Hicks is funny :colbert:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think somehow in Bobo's twisted logic he think he's a show member, therefore puts his effort into all of that rather than anything productive that can better himself.

If he put as much effort into finding a job, going to the gym, or getting his drivers license as he does tormenting a radio show and the people associated with it, he'd probably have a job, etc. He'll never learn.

He hasn't done any of that with any success, yet if there's an O&A-related event going on, he'll swim through the East River to be there.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 9, 2014

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Bobo sounds like someone I want to have a driver's license...

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Oh its a terrible idea and I'm surprised New York even gave him a permit, but the point stands.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

The Dave posted:

Yeah Bobo sounds like someone I want to have a driver's license...

He'd drive wasted drunk just because Ant said he drives more relaxed after a few beers.

Edit: He's got a license?!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

He doesn't have a license, just the learner's permit. But he's had that for over a year now I think.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I've hated on KISS my whole life, and now I feel guilty because Paul Stanley sounds like about the sweetest guy who ever lived.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I was on YouTube looking for a few clips from the show to make a work day pass faster, and find this:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Still no word about Fez I assume?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

I'm with Jimmy, gently caress Bobo.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Hearing Bobo and Lady Di is about the only thing I've enjoyed about the show lately, beats hearing an elderly pedophile complain about the blacks.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

How Much Art posted:

Hearing Bobo and Lady Di is about the only thing I've enjoyed about the show lately, beats hearing an elderly pedophile complain about the blacks.

I haven't heard Fez complain that much about Black Earl lately.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Droopy Goines posted:

I haven't heard Fez complain that much about Black Earl lately.

Hahaha well played...

Don't get me wrong though, the whole fun of Bobo is driving him crazy so I'm fine with not giving him tickets. I'm just saying I'm pro Bobo. Or ProBo if you will.

How Much Art fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 9, 2014

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

shyduck posted:

He hasn't done any of that with any success, yet if there's an O&A-related event going on, he'll swim through the East River to be there.

As long as he doesn't have to buy his own ticket.

"Alright wel....alright well......alright w-.....alri........I...I called off that boycott of you."

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 10, 2014

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
So when does Ron and Fez get re-branded to "Ron Bennington Has His Own Radio Show."

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mets panties.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Cory Lidle posted:

So when does Ron and Fez get re-branded to "Ron Bennington Has His Own Radio Show."

One thing I don't think Ron "King of all Radio Ruses and Jokes" Bennington gets is this time there's going to have to be a pay off with Fez since they've lost the main channel, probably a lot of causal listeners, and likely many frequent listeners that feel the show has become stagnated and who have been told "After this date...". You let them know if there will be changes and it might bring back some people back, maybe.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Reading this on the Ron & Fez reddit: Ron met with Fez's therapist yesterday, and Fez had a meltdown. Is anybody listening to this live?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm listening. Ron is being vague, said that he thinks neither the listeners or Fez care enough to get into it.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Reading this on the Ron & Fez reddit: Ron met with Fez's therapist yesterday, and Fez had a meltdown. Is anybody listening to this live?

Yeah, he said something like (not in this order) Fez hasn't signed a new contract yet, had a crazy meltdown, Ron met with his therapist last night, Fez feels like he would be the same mess even without the show, Fez is blaming everything on a stalker/callers like Chuckwagon, and that a Fez announcement is coming but he (Ron) has nothing to do with it.

I think we'll get a final speech from Fez before he disappears back to Florida

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Nice break on Opie's thinned skinness with the Hannity stuff today. Nice to see Jimmy and Ant not really being on his side.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

Fez feels like he would be the same mess even without the show
Oh well then I guess he should continue to torture our ears into perpetuity because leaving wouldn't help HIM.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Anybody have 2009-05-29 and 2009-06-01 episodes of Ron & Fez? I'm trying to cut a thing together of Fez & Chuckwagon but I can't find those on my backup discs.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 10, 2014

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

Anybody have 2009-05-29 and 2009-06-01 episodes of Ron & Fez? I'm trying to cut a thing together of Fez & Chuckwagon but I can't find those on my backup discs.

Here ya go:

http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/90325172/file.html

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

The Dave posted:

Nice break on Opie's thinned skinness with the Hannity stuff today. Nice to see Jimmy and Ant not really being on his side.

I dislike Hannity a thousand times more than I dislike Opie, so it's really hard to agree with you

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Guess nobody caught Ron hanging up on Fez during unscreened phone calls? (If it wasn't actually Fez it was a drat good sound a like.)

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

bigman.50grand posted:

Guess nobody caught Ron hanging up on Fez during unscreened phone calls? (If it wasn't actually Fez it was a drat good sound a like.)
I remember a call doing a solid Fez impression but it seemed clear to me it wasn't Fez and also Ron didn't hang up immediately, he gave it several seconds and laughed at it.

I do keep coming back to a day or two ago when Hicks and Shelby were making fun of Fez and one of them (I forget who, probably Shelby) did an impression of Fez reading from a list of headlines and going nowhere with it and then going, "That's all... that's all I've got." And Ron laughed and said "'That's all I've got' may be the new 'Your mom's box.'" I guess we'll see.

I love how it's pretty much become an open fact that everyone at the station, including the staff of the show, doesn't like Fez because all he does is attack and antagonize people-- even when they try to be nice to him. Even if this whole thing is a work, Sirius has to see Fez as a massive liability. It's frankly amazing he hasn't gotten the company sued. Fez has no one to blame but himself for his lot in life. He's an amazingly talented and funny guy that spiraled into a hole of self-loathing and responded by lashing out at everyone around him. Fez will never get better because Fez is unable to accept that all of his problems are on him, not anyone else. Fez needs to believe he's a victim because taking responsibility for his life would take work. Blaming other people has worked for him until now because he always thought he could manipulate Ron into being his mother duck. Now that Ron has made it clear he's had enough, Fez is frantically clawing at the slick stone sides of the pit as he plummets to rock bottom and once he hits he's going to stay there. He needs to take the money he has saved up, find a good accountant to manage and invest a portion of it for him, and check himself into a assisted living facility. Because he's incapable and unwilling to be happy. Within another five years he'll have another heart attack and die still bitterly thinking the entire world was against him even though everyone was always trying to be on his side.

It really hurts to say that. I'm one of those lucky enough to have been listening since the days Fez was on his game and not effectively Pink from The Wall. I'm done with him though and think it's best for everyone if he's gone. And no, I don't believe that Fez's salary could be used to bring back Dave. The company clearly hates Dave. He isn't coming back. Just as long as the new Fez isn't Jeffrey motherfucking Gurian. Because if that happens I am done with the entire show for good.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I really hope Tom Rhodes gets the call!

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I think after this whole Hannity thing we have enough evidence over the years to diagnose Opie with Aspergers. His inability to recognize social cues and sarcasm is Bobo levels of autism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

UncleMonkey posted:

I remember a call doing a solid Fez impression but it seemed clear to me it wasn't Fez and also Ron didn't hang up immediately, he gave it several seconds and laughed at it.

I do keep coming back to a day or two ago when Hicks and Shelby were making fun of Fez and one of them (I forget who, probably Shelby) did an impression of Fez reading from a list of headlines and going nowhere with it and then going, "That's all... that's all I've got." And Ron laughed and said "'That's all I've got' may be the new 'Your mom's box.'" I guess we'll see.

I love how it's pretty much become an open fact that everyone at the station, including the staff of the show, doesn't like Fez because all he does is attack and antagonize people-- even when they try to be nice to him. Even if this whole thing is a work, Sirius has to see Fez as a massive liability. It's frankly amazing he hasn't gotten the company sued. Fez has no one to blame but himself for his lot in life. He's an amazingly talented and funny guy that spiraled into a hole of self-loathing and responded by lashing out at everyone around him. Fez will never get better because Fez is unable to accept that all of his problems are on him, not anyone else. Fez needs to believe he's a victim because taking responsibility for his life would take work. Blaming other people has worked for him until now because he always thought he could manipulate Ron into being his mother duck. Now that Ron has made it clear he's had enough, Fez is frantically clawing at the slick stone sides of the pit as he plummets to rock bottom and once he hits he's going to stay there. He needs to take the money he has saved up, find a good accountant to manage and invest a portion of it for him, and check himself into a assisted living facility. Because he's incapable and unwilling to be happy. Within another five years he'll have another heart attack and die still bitterly thinking the entire world was against him even though everyone was always trying to be on his side.

It really hurts to say that. I'm one of those lucky enough to have been listening since the days Fez was on his game and not effectively Pink from The Wall. I'm done with him though and think it's best for everyone if he's gone. And no, I don't believe that Fez's salary could be used to bring back Dave. The company clearly hates Dave. He isn't coming back. Just as long as the new Fez isn't Jeffrey motherfucking Gurian. Because if that happens I am done with the entire show for good.

I vote for big jay oakerson. Sucks about Eastside Dave but he dug his own grave with his insanity.

• Locked thread