Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Well that looks pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

God drat

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Anatharon posted:

The Swans are brother and sister, controlled at the same time apparently. :psyboom:

Phone post so I cannot link it but the hlm twitter said so.
Here's a link.

Game looks rad.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
My jaw nearly dropped when Akimbo Guy went down a hallway intersection with his uzis and sprayed bullets down the halls to his left and right at the same time.

edit: My jar is fine, don't be alarmed.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 8, 2014

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm pumped for this game. I hope the soundtrack is available right from the get-go this time!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh my god this trailer is super baller and where is my game I need it

Soviet
Jul 17, 2003

stick it in me

Songbearer posted:

Oh my god this trailer is super baller and where is my game I need it

Seriously, I can't wait.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
That's a pretty good trailer.

King Vidiot posted:

My jaw nearly dropped when Akimbo Guy went down a hallway intersection with his uzis and sprayed bullets down the halls to his left and right at the same time.

edit: My jar is fine, don't be alarmed.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I am inordinately excited to play as a Hotline Miami 1 goon.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Man that new stuff is amazing, poo poo like the pose in front of the door holding a gun on it is what was in my head playing the first game.

I'm pretty bummed because the game was too hard for me, and I doubt he's added difficulty levels or whatever. I liked everything about it, but I never felt like I was making any progress. Bashing my head against a wall over and over until I ragequit in frustration.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
THEY (not he) ARE adding difficulty levels.

Hard mode, specifically.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Give me this game right now Devolver/Cactus/whoever, I don't know if my body can handle a few more months of waiting. :flashfap:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Anatharon posted:

THEY (not he) ARE adding difficulty levels.

Hard mode, specifically.

Good. Barring Cheetara the first one needed more difficulty.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Holy poo poo that trailer. I cannot wait for dodge rolls and akimbo. And another difficulty means I can A+ all the levels twice.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Oh man that looks really loving rad. Loved the first game, can't wait for this to come out. Dual wielding :woop:

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Man the idea of playing hotline miami 2 as two people at the same time is super loving rad.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
RMB moves the bear's arms out to fire left/right, so I guess you can't throw the uzis?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Anatharon posted:

RMB moves the bear's arms out to fire left/right, so I guess you can't throw the uzis?

Maybe if they're out of ammo?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Malek posted:

Maybe if they're out of ammo?

They actually showed him reloading too, which was exciting to notice when I watched the trailer a second time.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The thing I'm really wondering about is Pig Butcher's in Jacket's apartment, as was speculated awhile ago, but Jacket's apparently not playable.

Also, I wonder what era you play as the mobster in, and how it relates to 50 Blessings.

It's going to be a wild ride. It'll be interesting to see if anything matches how messed up the execution of the mobster in the second level is.

RandallODim posted:

They actually showed him reloading too, which was exciting to notice when I watched the trailer a second time.

He also appears to be holding a shotgun at another point so I don't know what to think anymore.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 9, 2014

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Possibly for that character you choose the weapon set you want to run the level through with and he gets special abilities and reloads for those weapons.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Anatharon posted:

It's going to be a wild ride. It'll be interesting to see if anything matches how messed up the execution of the mobster in the second level is.

It looked like the mobster who got executed in that level was the same guy we saw playable in the trailer. Wonder where that'll go. Curious about the guy in the black suit, too.

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 9, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Easter egg:
https://twitter.com/kimgaemandoo/status/453716328835080193/photo/1

Pertubator and an album of his.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Another one, from the same account. Apparently one of the random mask guys we found dead in HLM1's a character in this.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

So is that Jacket in that trailer, only balder?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

Another one, from the same account. Apparently one of the random mask guys we found dead in HLM1's a character in this.

Seems so, he's wearing Jake from the looks of it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-11-video-dialling-into-hotline-miami-2s-wrong-number

Oh look it's a new demo.

The way it gives a time in addition to date/location is neat.

I'm so hyped.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 13, 2014

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
SOMEONE NEEDS TO LEAK THE DEMO!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Well, the disco level had the cover of Perturbator's Terror 404 in it, and we heard Sexualiser off the EP in that pic in one of the gameplay videos.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Perturbator and a shirt of his.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Anatharon posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-11-video-dialling-into-hotline-miami-2s-wrong-number

Oh look it's a new demo.

The way it gives a time in addition to date/location is neat.

I'm so hyped.

Wow, The Fans look like a lot of fun to play. Do we have any information on who the unmasked guy is? Is he the actor in the snuff film?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I've beaten every level as Nigel and now I can't play any other mask because I keep running backwards. :negative:

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Wow, The Fans look like a lot of fun to play. Do we have any information on who the unmasked guy is? Is he the actor in the snuff film?

Nothing but speculation on Mr. Maskless.

Another video showed the actor as being "Martin Brown" who was a kinda big black haired shaggy guy who apparently was a big star in mainstream movies. Another scene shows him in Jacket's apartment. Part of the movie? Who knows!

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 15, 2014

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Maskless guy's just outside the bar in that demo, too. Maybe that's where most/all of the playable people hang out, not just the Fans? Probably not Pig Butcher or the mobster.

Edit: Nevermind, dumb question/speculation. But here's an interesting video from Nigel Lowrie where he goes into a bit more detail on some of the new stuff. Apparently one of the new guys is a detective.

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 15, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

Maskless guy's just outside the bar in that demo, too. Maybe that's where most/all of the playable people hang out, not just the Fans? Probably not Pig Butcher or the mobster.

Edit: Nevermind, dumb question/speculation. But here's an interesting video from Nigel Lowrie where he goes into a bit more detail on some of the new stuff. Apparently one of the new guys is a detective.

The eurogamer guy was suspecting that the blonde man might be an undercover operative, what with the cops showing up at the end of the department store level.

I strongly suspect that the playable mobster is the one that the Fans kill. Re-watching the older stuff, he says "I quit. Didn't I tell you? Last week." and "I just want to go home".

One of the other things was that Dennis Wedin used a plural for female characters in an early interview. I wonder if there'll be playable women other then Ash, and if that's the case, just how many characters are there? So far it appears to be 8(9).

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, the playable mobster is really obviously the same dude as the one who got executed by the Fans. At the very least the character model is identical; I mean, all the HLM1 mobsters looked the same too but none of them were major characters and I imagine weren't literally supposed to be assumed to look the exact same as each other. Wondering just how long this game's gonna be with at least eight or nine playable people.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

Yeah, the playable mobster is really obviously the same dude as the one who got executed by the Fans. At the very least the character model is identical; I mean, all the HLM1 mobsters looked the same too but none of them were major characters and I imagine weren't literally supposed to be assumed to look the exact same as each other. Wondering just how long this game's gonna be with at least eight or nine playable people.

I could've sworn the skin tone was different. The mobster in Execution seemed to have really dark skin.

Also no, they weren't literally supposed to look the same. :v:

I think Cactus talked about it just being an aesthetic choice to go with the hazy, frenzied horrifying and awesome violence in the game and the second game has that too but there's also more to it, which is why the enemies are somewhat more varied.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Flesnolk posted:

But here's an interesting video from Nigel Lowrie where he goes into a bit more detail on some of the new stuff. Apparently one of the new guys is a detective.

Holy poo poo that chain to the face execution :suspense:

I really hope there's like a game+ mode where you can set your starting weapon as well as your mask. I loooved the fire axe and machete so much, but they were so rare to spawn.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Neat. This wasn't even on my radar until I saw the topic here. I really enjoyed the first game, and the sequel just looks like a really-refined version of the first, which is a-okay to me.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Anatharon posted:

I could've sworn the skin tone was different. The mobster in Execution seemed to have really dark skin.

Nah, far as I can tell they're the same dude, the lighting's just different in Dial Tone. Compare the models:

Execution

Dial Tone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Not only was the trailer stylish as hell and showing off of a lot of new gimmicks to distinguish the game as not just a simple retread of the first, but the music was also really great, and fit the mood and energy of the trailer really well. I'm excited all over again. :allears:

• Locked thread