Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Bored posted:

I couldn't get myself to watch more than a couple of minutes of that show. Do you mean make random people look like jerks, or dress people up as penises?

They dubbed dialogue over some local cosplayers (the female Doctor Whos) to make them look like they were being catty to the main cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Ah. Ok. You never really know with bad make-up/costumes.

I was just watching one of the extra videos for face off, and Glenn actually laughs!

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Face%20Off/Bonus%20Scenes/vid:2760255

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Goddamit, Daran. :wtc:

Bored posted:

I was just watching one of the extra videos for face off, and Glenn actually laughs!

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Face%20Off/Bonus%20Scenes/vid:2760255

Nyawwwww, now I miss Graham. :(

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Bored posted:

Whoever suggested Tina was bipolar, I'm gonna say that's a good guess. I could be that intolerable before mood stabilizers and adderal, I'm pretty sure.

I think that judge is actually what happens when you splice Billy Connelly and Jeff Bridges' DNA together.

Looks like Creature Features is what I actually wanna watch.

I was thinking Tina was autistic

Johnny Longtorso
Nov 24, 2007
The Man Who Comes In Pieces!
Glad I was mistaken. George's robot hairdresser came off a lot better than I was expecting. It looked like something from an old sci-fi serial or B-movie (in a good way). Niko will probably finally be eliminated next week, he seems to keep surviving by not sucking as much as one of his competitors. I don't know why contestants get a challenge that's not in their wheelhouse and just throw up their hands and say "I don't do x". That's just the kiss of death for this show. Tyler and Rashaad are obviously the top two contestants this season, not much else to say there.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Face Off episode 13
Spotlight Challenge: "Bloodsuckers"
The artists must create an original vampire based on the coffin of their choice

It's the third last episode of this current season and only four contestants are left: George, Niko, Rashaad and Tyler. Either they're only planning on having two people in the final or some weird elimination stuff is about to happen ...

Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge episode 3
The creature designers breathe life into unconventional materials from a junkyard to create a caged creature, desperate to escape.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

PicklePants posted:

Oh, god no. Heroes of Cosplay is coming back? Are they going to steal more copywritten pictures?

:stonklol:

Did they say anything yet about which of the test shows from last month they're gonna make into a full series?

iastudent fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 8, 2014

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I can't comprehend how Niko is in the final four. He can't possibly survive past tonight's episode, right?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Dr Zaius posted:

I can't comprehend how Niko is in the final four. He can't possibly survive past tonight's episode, right?

I agree with you but I think this season was just lacking talent overall. Of course I don't expect an Anthony-level talent every season but this has been the worst yet. Aside from Rashaad and Tyler I don't think anybody in this season really has the talent to do serious work in the business beyond crappy independent films. I'm undecided about George, but the guy looks to be in his mid-40's so I doubt he'll be improving his craft all that much in the next 5-10 years.

All the other seasons had at least 3 or 4 very talented people, and then maybe one of those had terrible problems with time management or something. This season I'm seeing a lack of creative ideas and just general artistic talent.

Edit: Mr. "I don't do robots" really aggravated me this week too. Would you say that in an interview for a job in an F/X shop? Not "mechanical forms aren't my strong suit, its something I have to try to improve on.", just straight up "I don't do robots". Its like taking a job as a chef at an Italian restaurant and refusing to learn how to make lasagna. Are there plenty of other things on the menu? Sure. But somebody might want some loving lasagna and its your job to know how to make it.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 8, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yay it's Patrick Tatopolous!

Derringer
Mar 17, 2008

I strangely enjoyed Heroes of Cosplay but I like watching people make things. I had no idea about the theft of images though. Is Foxy and Co. possibly becoming a new show?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
ASSWANG

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
Yara-ma-ya-who, one of my favorite ridiculous vampiric monsters. This is gonna be good. :allears:

EDIT: Niko's floundering on adding an extra concept. Are we finally going to see him ousted?

Fossilized Rappy fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 9, 2014

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Niko! Turn it into a robot!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I'll be honest, I kind of wanted to see someone do a penanggalan, but that's a little far-fetched.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

George's paint jobs always look wrong to me. Niko's looked like a thalidomide Ood.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 9, 2014

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012

Bored posted:

George's paint jobs always look wrong to me.
I'm glad it wasn't just me. It looks more like nail polish than red skin.

Then again, it's still more lively than poor Tyler's flat skin. I think it's safe to say he may be going home for biting off more than he could chew.

EDIT: Or that could happen! Yeah. That...that happened.

Fossilized Rappy fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 9, 2014

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
You know, I kind of wondered if this would happen, given the numbers discussion earlier and it being labeled "Part 1" on the cable guide.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I feel the trying to do curled up wings was basically a concession that he was going to be in the bottom two. It's an ugly choice.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Josh is probably stoked for this one. Does anyone else think Josh has a syndromic face?

Dinosaurs, what's that? jk

I hope someone makes a trashhog. like, a hedgehog, but with trash instead of spikes. Or a junk armadillo.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 9, 2014

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I thought it was going to be Part Two: Fix Your Makeup and they were going to get to build off the criticisms but this is cool too.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I'm starting to think Russ is going to be an albatross for every team he's on until he gets canned.

Derringer
Mar 17, 2008

Aw poor guy, he did the right thing though.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Derringer posted:

On the other hand, North Dakota.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
He just outed himself as basically unemployable by anyone outside ND. I don't know how many jobs in the field there are in the middle of nowhere.

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012
yeah that seems like a really odd decision since you get the prize money and the contract (which must be worth something + experience and connections) which seems like it would be more than worth relocating the whole family for. Then again maybe he's totally satisfied with what he was doing and wanted to go out on a high note.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Rashaad definitely killed it again this week. I'm pretty confident he's safe to get into the finale, if not outright win it. He might hit a snag with team management; how many teams have been totally wrecked by the lead not being willing to tell the inferior members of the crew to trash their mess and do it right?

But yeah, he's really in overdrive now. I loved that robot last week. If he keeps that up, he'll really be among the best that have been on the show.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Derringer posted:

He also saved Jake's rear end, that poor guy got saddled with Russ and it was going to be his downfall.

Creature Shop Challenge isn't really grabbing me so far but I'll definitely stick with it. The contestants seem to be relaxing into the rhythm of the show so hopefully it'll pick up real soon.
I think the screen test element of the show needs to be cut down, it gets a bit repetitive and they could cut straight to the action without all the clapper board and countdown crap. Rather than being the highpoint of the show it feels belaboured. I think it'd also help if they took a leaf out of the Face Off playbook and had a 'closer look' segment without the contestants where they talked about the puppets in more detail and maybe got feedback from the puppeteers. In this last episode it really felt like Jake was going to get shitcanned and the judges just weren't aware of how badly Russ had hosed up the project.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 9, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

Rashaad definitely killed it again this week. I'm pretty confident he's safe to get into the finale, if not outright win it. He might hit a snag with team management; how many teams have been totally wrecked by the lead not being willing to tell the inferior members of the crew to trash their mess and do it right?

But yeah, he's really in overdrive now. I loved that robot last week. If he keeps that up, he'll really be among the best that have been on the show.

I think Rashaad will do just fine with Team Management. We've seen him give Niko constructive criticism plenty of times. I have no clue if Niko actually asked for help on the robot, but it looked like Rashaad just happened to walk by and decided to help him out. Then again, I can't remember if any of the people who were cut earlier are little bitches when working with someone else. Hopefully he won't get Daran. I actually like Daran, but he pretty much ignored Graham's concerns on the neck mask thing. Yeah, he won for artistic intent, but I thought it looked loving weird. It would be really neat to see what Raashad, Graham, and Tyler would come up with together, even though I'm pretty sure Tyler and Raashad are both going to make it to the finals. Tyler's wasn't so great this week, but he's been consistently decent aside from that, I thought. Also the three of them seem to get along incredibly well.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He also saved Jake's rear end, that poor guy got saddled with Russ and it was going to be his downfall.

God yes. Jake said,"I can't really get a read on Russ' mood." I would have to say bitchy, Jake. There doesn't seem to be any grey area there. He goes from somewhat laid back, straight to bitchy.

Bonus videos:
Raashad sings the vampire song:
http://www.syfy.com/videos/Face%20Off/vid:2771415
more reason to love him: http://www.syfy.com/videos/Face%20Off/Bonus%20Scenes/vid:2769291

Graham's impression of Niko.
http://www.syfy.com/videos/Face%20Off/Bonus%20Scenes/vid:2766713

Bored fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 9, 2014

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Wow, I mean I feel sorry that the guy was missing his family so much, but to think that his family would fault him and not move if he got a job with Jim Henson's company!?!? I sure hope there was a deleted scene where he called his wife and had this conversation.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I hate Russ so much he makes me not want to even watch the dumb show. Why did that guy even sign up for this show without evaluating the possibility that he'd have to move if he won? I wanted Russ to get kicked off. :argh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I got the impression that Josh didn't realise how stressful a reality TV show could be, got pushed past his limit and as a result he got incredibly homesick. That stuff about moving sounded like he was trying to rationalise a decision he'd already made, perhaps to the judges or to himself or even both. Poor fuckin' guy, you just know he would have been totally stoked to get into the competition and then it all came crashing down on him. :(

I saw some other competitive reality TV show a while back and when the judges yelled at one guy about how he seemed to be having trouble focusing on one challenge he told them that he was missing his Dad's funeral to be there that day but his family were completely behind him and his Dad would have wanted him to stick it out. I've never seen reality TV judges do a 180 on their attitudes so quickly. :v:

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

I got the impression that Josh didn't realise how stressful a reality TV show could be, got pushed past his limit and as a result he got incredibly homesick. That stuff about moving sounded like he was trying to rationalise a decision he'd already made, perhaps to the judges or to himself or even both. Poor fuckin' guy, you just know he would have been totally stoked to get into the competition and then it all came crashing down on him. :(

I saw some other competitive reality TV show a while back and when the judges yelled at one guy about how he seemed to be having trouble focusing on one challenge he told them that he was missing his Dad's funeral to be there that day but his family were completely behind him and his Dad would have wanted him to stick it out. I've never seen reality TV judges do a 180 on their attitudes so quickly. :v:

Haha holy poo poo! Please remember what show that was so I can look it up.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Not sure how many of you folks are interested but both Roy and RJ were announced for Dragon*Con this year. Roy is an Atlanta local and had work there pretty much every year with the Netherworld haunted house people/booth, but this is the first time he's coming as a guest. And with RJ, too!

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

On the other hand, North Dakota.

Not just North Dakota... Minot, North Dakota. (You know... Ulillillia's home town... if you can call it a town.)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's the second last episode for this season of Face Off! They've made this a two part challenge along with the previous episode's challenge so they'll have to make a werewolf to complement the vampire they made last week. Seeing as they made some ugly-rear end vampires I dread to think what kind of lycanthrope they'll create to match those.
Face Off season 6 Episode 14: "Cry Wolf" April 15, 2014
Spotlight Challenge: The artists must create werewolf rivals of the vampires they created in the previous episode.

Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge
Episode 4: "Heads Up"
Humor is the key to this week's challenge as the designers must create trophy heads mounted on a wizard's wall, which come back to life.

Hmm, seems like a less challenging topic than the last few. The last few times they've had about 5 people operating large puppets and this time I guess they'll only need one. Maybe it'll be an individual challenge for the first time instead of having everyone in teams?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Humor is the key to this week's challenge as the designers must create trophy heads mounted on a wizard's wall, which come back to life.

Hmm, seems like a less challenging topic than the last few. The last few times they've had about 5 people operating large puppets and this time I guess they'll only need one. Maybe it'll be an individual challenge for the first time instead of having everyone in teams?

God I hope so. They seem to be upping the drama on this show which is loving dumb. I don't care if people can get along, I want to see silly monsters.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I'm hoping it means the challenge will be much more about fine detail and animatronics. To see what they can do with a smaller project that's expected to have much more focus and detail.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

So...Tyler is making Wolverine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
Rashaad's immediate decision to do a shisa werewolf is one I definitely approve of. It's a good thematic combo.

• Locked thread