Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Man 4x4s aren't the greatest but at least they're over super quick and count toward daily/weekly pvp. I'd rather lose two quick 4x4s than one long, horrible Civil War.

Very much this. I play arenas super-aggressive, so it's over quick one way or the other. I'm also guaranteed to be in the middle of the fighting, rather than guarding an empty turret. I'd much rather do arenas for my daily credit than sit through Civil War or a Huttball match that goes to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

I don't mind arenas either but there is the possibility of getting ganked so bad that you don't get any medals.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

On the upside, I do like the new Huttball arena. It's small and vertical.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Brutalizer Focus Retribution relic is +50 to main stat boost over the Obroan, +2 power, +6 endurance. Not a big enough difference to grind for the Brutalizer if you hate PVP, ONION.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey Onion, Might Hilt 34 is already on the GTN! Only 9 million credits!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

On the one hand, I'm glad that they added item ratings to the tooltips for relics/earpices/implants etc because now I don't have to try and remember which is which, but on the other hand I'm mildly frustrated that they swapped all the tooltips to item rating instead of level, because I was just finally getting used to referring to things as 66, 69, 72, etc....now I have a whole bunch of new numbers to learn :mad:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Well, 0 for 13 in RE attempts. Bye bye, extra offhand Reflex Barrel 34.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
The stupid operative double roll is really good for scoring in huttball.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Medullah posted:

Brutalizer Focus Retribution relic is +50 to main stat boost over the Obroan, +2 power, +6 endurance. Not a big enough difference to grind for the Brutalizer if you hate PVP, ONION.

But it doesn't have any main stat on it so really it's only a net gain of +18 on proc or am I missing something?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Super 3 posted:

But it doesn't have any main stat on it so really it's only a net gain of +18 on proc or am I missing something?

The Obran one in that screenshot is augmented - none have main stat on them.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

So i was missing something. Yeah I dont think I'm going to spend my ranked comms on it, doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Ainsley McTree posted:

On the one hand, I'm glad that they added item ratings to the tooltips for relics/earpices/implants etc because now I don't have to try and remember which is which, but on the other hand I'm mildly frustrated that they swapped all the tooltips to item rating instead of level, because I was just finally getting used to referring to things as 66, 69, 72, etc....now I have a whole bunch of new numbers to learn :mad:

Yeah that's kind of annoying. Going by 69/72/78 was easier than 156/whatever/whatever

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Only at endgame where everything is purple quality. Leveling up it's not always immediately obvious if a 21 green is better than a 19 blue.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
yeah but the only time you care about that stuff is endgame really.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Bedurndurn posted:

The stupid operative double roll is really good for scoring in huttball.

They used to be able to roll 4 or 5 times. If anything, this patch nerfed their Huttball effectiveness, very slightly.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A Curvy Goonette posted:

yeah but the only time you care about that stuff is endgame really.

Yeah, I've leveled a couple characters to 50+ now and I don't really recall ever being challenged by any of the content. I think that so long as you make sure that your gear contains numbers that are at or near your current level, and that you don't punch too high above your weight for solo content, you'll be fine and you don't need to worry about wearing the best at all times. Even downgrading from a blue 21 to a green 23 wouldn't matter much, there's no reason to put that much thought into it.

Maybe some of the flashpoints get hard if you're undergeared? I don't know.

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 8, 2014

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
The new FPs seem really pointless. You can only do them at 55, so there's no reason to run them except for drops, and the only drops I saw were some sub-Oricon story blues and a token for some bind to legacy hobo robes.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Bedurndurn posted:

The new FPs seem really pointless. You can only do them at 55, so there's no reason to run them except for drops, and the only drops I saw were some sub-Oricon story blues and a token for some bind to legacy hobo robes.

That sucks I was hoping they'd be like KDY and good source for XP. Was it worth it based on credits gained or anything?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Super 3 posted:

Was it worth it based on credits gained or anything?

Nope.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
Woohoo! Logged in and got myself a might 34 hilt for the sentinel, and skill barrels for both the gunslinger and scoundrel! Looking forward to parsing a bit tonight to see how it changed. I had the mass manip generators and the exotic elements banked already. Blew my basics and about 1 mil on isotope 5s, and then did a mats + 2 mil trade for all 3. Ended up costing me about 3 mil out of pocket for the 3 pieces.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

What are the exact mats needed for the 34 barrels/hilts? 2 MMGs, 10 exotics and 10 isotope 5s?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Medullah posted:

What are the exact mats needed for the 34 barrels/hilts? 2 MMGs, 10 exotics and 10 isotope 5s?

Someone said 2 - 8 - 8 for a hilt, not sure what the blue thing was. Probably what you said.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dunno-Lars posted:

Someone said 2 - 8 - 8 for a hilt, not sure what the blue thing was. Probably what you said.

That wouldn't be too bad. We need to schedule a SM run of TFB and S&V and have someone save to the final bosses so we can finish the story missions for MMGs on our alts.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

That wouldn't be too bad. We need to schedule a SM run of TFB and S&V and have someone save to the final bosses so we can finish the story missions for MMGs on our alts.

We can do SM, HM and attempt NM in the same week now. Think of all the mats we'll get if we don't die horribly!

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

Its 2-8-8. I think 2 of each green rank 9 material also but the guy I traded with only wanted the purple stuff in trade.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Somebody invite Tiznitro Imp-side so I can stop feeling guilty, he always whispers me when there's nothin' but scrubs on.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So who had Tyrans in the "Boss fight that will be broken on live by accidentally having Nightmare Mode mechanics added on all modes" pool?

Apparently everyone who gets Simplification in the fight dies after the tile drops. That makes the fight a bit hard, I guess.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sorry, I've got "Nightmare Mode Black Talon introduced - identical to hard mode but introduces cut scenes that can't be space barred"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Nipponophile posted:

So who had Tyrans in the "Boss fight that will be broken on live by accidentally having Nightmare Mode mechanics added on all modes" pool?

Apparently everyone who gets Simplification in the fight dies after the tile drops. That makes the fight a bit hard, I guess.

Wait isn't that Dread Palace. The gently caress, This patch should only be for Dread Fortress Nightmare mode.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Any code they push out has a ton of stuff that isn't necessarily implemented yet. That's where the data miners find their fun stuff. In a case like this, it just wasn't properly commented out before pushing this build live.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Is there a reason they nerfed Jarring Strike in the operative's concealment tree? It feels like a wasted skill now.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

tentacles posted:

A fine post.

Spider Plant posted:

Another fine post.
Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it a lot.

I've made a fresh Inquisitor named Rhymes on JC and so far it's been absolutely fine regarding lag and such. I'll be looking out for a TNG Goon to irritate and annoy for a guild invite (or if one of you has the time to invite me after reading this post I'll be very grateful), or I'll just use the who list when I get subbed this coming weekend.

I'm very pleased about all of these things.

Edit: Much obliged!

iTrust fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 9, 2014

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Back Hack posted:

Is there a reason they nerfed Jarring Strike in the operative's concealment tree? It feels like a wasted skill now.

Pressure from backpedaling mouse-clicking whiners who think a builds ability to 1-on-1 weaker players correlates to overall effectiveness in WZ's.

Harbinger had 6 full Fleet instances when I logged off. Lot of old faces and fierce matches. Was worried about my Sawbone's survivability but I'm just as slippery as ever...had a ratio of 641 kills to 5 deaths over 13 WZ's, 11 wins and 2 losses. No situations where I think pre-nerf Emergent Emergencies would have kept me alive vs 2.7 version. Dodge, Dirty Kick, and lolroll with good situational awareness have always been more critical than Emergency Medpac spam anyways.

I'm in full Berzerker already and it is definitely BiS for PvP.

Sages everywhere, every WZ was probably 4+ Sages/Sorcs and just like 2.6 Scrappers they are so much tissue paper.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I've been playing this solo a while, but playing alone is boring, so I was wondering if you fine fellows in TNG would be willing to offer me an invite? I'd love to raid with you all when I hit max again, but I cannot say I'm anything than yet another dps player. Anyway I'm on JC as Eimi.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Pressure from backpedaling mouse-clicking whiners who think a builds ability to 1-on-1 weaker players correlates to overall effectiveness in WZ's.

Harbinger had 6 full Fleet instances when I logged off. Lot of old faces and fierce matches. Was worried about my Sawbone's survivability but I'm just as slippery as ever...had a ratio of 641 kills to 5 deaths over 13 WZ's, 11 wins and 2 losses. No situations where I think pre-nerf Emergent Emergencies would have kept me alive vs 2.7 version. Dodge, Dirty Kick, and lolroll with good situational awareness have always been more critical than Emergency Medpac spam anyways.

I'm in full Berzerker already and it is definitely BiS for PvP.

Sages everywhere, every WZ was probably 4+ Sages/Sorcs and just like 2.6 Scrappers they are so much tissue paper.

PvP last night on Harbinger was wonderful. Mostly Pub vs Pub, but I got new Huttball like 4 times out of the 10 matches I played, and it was great fun. Working on upgrading my 46 blues to Obroan gear now, all my non-moddable pieces are already Brutalizer.

CesiumCanoe
Oct 9, 2012

Oh ya
I'm a giant dork for storylines so I liked the new FPs. Finished both on Republic & Empire side so I got some sweet new HK customizations and a bunch of comms I'll use to gear out lowbies and/or buy Isotope-5. They're not hard, mostly a "don't stand in poo poo" check. And you get to kill a bunch of low-level questgivers!

Also, Theron Shan is my new favorite NPC :swoon:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm sorta tired of role neutral FPs. It might be because I've only played two DPS characters ever, but I feel like my queues are slower on my tanks/healers than before, especially if I want to do a non-KDY leveling FP to get some gear. Kinda sucks.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm bored so I'm downloading this. Are most goons still Imp on Jedi Covenant?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Yep. We've got a small republic presence, but there's usually 5 rep goons on when there's 20+ imp goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cool, I'm gonna go with an Imperial Agent.

• Locked thread