Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

If this marks the moment Naruto starts bullshitting his way to victory I'm gonna be so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I was fully expecting Madara to say "JESUS CRIST MY LEGS...I CAN'T MOVE MY LEGS"

I'm pretty satisfied that Madara at least got wrecked for a few pages and that Naruto was able to use his Chosen One powers to save Gai, even if it's just so he can say his goodbyes because I don't think his body is going to be saved after being burnt to a crisp like that. I'm also hoping Gai's kick did more than just pop a hole in Madara's gut that he was able to heal a few seconds later, and that it cracked the tree from the other side out which they'll discover later when Madara tries to use it or something.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

To be honest, I'm just happy that Naruto only has the kyubi+sagemode eyes. I was fully expecting the Rinnegan. Also, I guess no one's dying anymore at all.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
No! Let Gai die! Make this moment more epic. :(

Is anyone surprised about Madara's response? :geno: "You almost killed me" [heals]

Why did the nightmoth look like a dragon? I had this epic moment in mind where a giant moth with flaming wings bears down on Madara. :(

I did like the Kakashi moments though. It feels like a good moment for Gai's personal story arc that Kakashi recognises him as the stronger one.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn I can't wait to see that animated.

Gai did alot of damage to Madara. Cracked the hell out of his ribs and Madara looks like he can't get back up. Probably gonna merge the tree. Not gonna lie, I'm fine with Naruto saving Gai's life.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I find it pretty hilarious that probably the strongest taijutsu ever used managed to crack a few of Madara's ribs.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Wait was the dragon Gai or Madara's? I'm really not sure what happened there.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know death is all but meaningless in this manga, but it's really annoying when they build something up as "Use this and you're going to die" and then someone comes along and makes you better.

doyle-san
Feb 25, 2001

"This changes nothing."
Smugged his way out of it again. Ugh.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, at least he had some of his smug knocked out of him,and then slightly more when Naruto kicked his attack back in his face. Hopefully the next few chapters will just be various characters kicked Madara back and forth like a football.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Does anyone know what happened with Gai's chakra at the end? I saw a "pof" baloon in the last page and I intended it as Gai's chakra turning off, but apparently the flame grows up...?

Seriously, is Gai alive or dead at this point?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Looks like it was Gai's last life force about to disappear when Naruto's new sun powers (looks like Sasuke got moon powers) restored it

But Gai's body is still burnt to crisp though. I wonder if Sasuke could fix that

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
He did it, he actually did it. After all these years of joking. He actually kicked Madara at 300 km/h :catstare:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Archenteron posted:

He did it, he actually did it. After all these years of joking. He actually kicked Madara at 300 km/h :catstare:
His top speed is so fast it actually warped space, so I think he was approaching 671 million miles per hour. The real problem with opening all the gates is that it takes an infinite amount of energy and you risk violating causality.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I just wanted to share this which was included a few chapters back:

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
Suppose the distance between Gai and Madara is 10m. At t=0 Gai lunges at Madara, travelling at v = 0.8c.

In Gai's frame of reference, the distance between Gai and Madara has shrunk to 6m. Madara himself, and the rest of the battlefield, appear shrunk by a factor of 0.6 to Gai along the Gai-Madara axis. Further, time appears dilated to Gai, such that for every second that passes in the Gai-verse, about 1.6 seconds pass in the Madara-verse.

From Madara's point of view, Gai himself has shrunk by a factor of 0.6 along the Gai-Madara axis, but he should not perceive any 'warp' in space as he claims (unless, naturally, he can switch to other relativistic frames of reference with his Rinnegan). Gai covers the distance in approximately 33 nanoseconds. Gai's weight is known to be 76kg, so Gai hits Madara with about 2 exajoules of kinetic energy, which according to Wikipedia is more energy than the United States uses in a week and is almost twice as powerful as an entire 0.9 Richter scale earthquake hitting you at once. This is enough to crack Madara's ribs and inconvenience him slightly.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is Naruto the Moon and Sasuke is the Sun in an eclipse, or is it Naruto is the sun and Sasuke is the Crescent Moon?

BlitzBlast posted:

Wait was the dragon Gai or Madara's? I'm really not sure what happened there.

The dragon was Gai's moth, which is either a wingless serpentine moth or else there's a stage beyond larval dragon moth.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Triple Elation posted:

Suppose the distance between Gai and Madara is 10m. At t=0 Gai lunges at Madara, travelling at v = 0.8c.

In Gai's frame of reference, the distance between Gai and Madara has shrunk to 6m. Madara himself, and the rest of the battlefield, appear shrunk by a factor of 0.6 to Gai along the Gai-Madara axis. Further, time appears dilated to Gai, such that for every second that passes in the Gai-verse, about 1.6 seconds pass in the Madara-verse.

From Madara's point of view, Gai himself has shrunk by a factor of 0.6 along the Gai-Madara axis, but he should not perceive any 'warp' in space as he claims (unless, naturally, he can switch to other relativistic frames of reference with his Rinnegan). Gai covers the distance in approximately 33 nanoseconds. Gai's weight is known to be 76kg, so Gai hits Madara with about 2 exajoules of kinetic energy, which according to Wikipedia is more energy than the United States uses in a week and is almost twice as powerful as an entire 0.9 Richter scale earthquake hitting you at once. This is enough to crack Madara's ribs and inconvenience him slightly.

Yeah, sounds about right.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
We've seen Tsunade pull herself together from being halved. Madara has a Wolverine power healing factor, unfortunately, which is even more broken.

Maybe someone can drown him?

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

AnonSpore posted:

I find it pretty hilarious that probably the strongest taijutsu ever used managed to crack a few of Madara's ribs.

The left side of his body is pretty clearly destroyed.

null gallagher
Jan 1, 2014
I was gonna say, it looks like Madara's skull caved in or something, right above his right eye. That's...something.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

We've got a guy who has only punch powers doing the most massive damage yet to the entire big bad, and he may be saved by Ninja Jesus, it's pretty much the best case scenario, as we know Guy couldn't have actually won the fight. Only thing I could see people not liking is Guy possibly surviving this whole thing, but that sits well with me, because he's not getting that foot back, and probably explained away as "you only get one" 8-gates in your life, but you won't die as long as you have a cleric in the party.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

ArchDemon posted:

We've got a guy who has only punch powers doing the most massive damage yet to the entire big bad, and he may be saved by Ninja Jesus, it's pretty much the best case scenario, as we know Guy couldn't have actually won the fight. Only thing I could see people not liking is Guy possibly surviving this whole thing, but that sits well with me, because he's not getting that foot back, and probably explained away as "you only get one" 8-gates in your life, but you won't die as long as you have a cleric in the party.

Madara lived, so Guy should live. If Madara was killed by it I'd be fine if Guy died. So I'm happy with this.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Harry posted:

Yeah, he kicked him so hard he blew out what looks like Madara's left arm, a good portion of his chest, and screwed up his face pretty hard. But burning so hard your feet start turning to ash is pretty :black101:. Gai owns.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Cool chapter even though we all knew how it'd turn out. Sad that Rock Lee didn't even get a mentor save and got chumped by ninja jesus again though.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
It looks like Madara is filling in with Zetsu goop from the tree, like Obito does. Maybe if he was kicked in the other direction he would've died?

But all the backgrounds & foregrounds look the same right now, so maybe Madara isn't touching it. It took me a while to realize Guy isn't laying on a tree root (which would've killed him instantly) but is actually in the trench he caused.

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 9, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Harry posted:

The cleaning job on the first set of scanlations made it kinda unclear, but yes, you're right. At the same time he's clearly regenerating as he speaks, so within maybe a minute or even less after that literally earth shattering kick, Madara will be perfectly fine again.

In regards to the name of the technique, it's 夜ガイ (Ya Gai), or Night Guy. The translator who did it as Night Moth probably confused it as being 夜ガ, where the ガ would be 蛾, or moth. Which explains why the look of the attack has nothing to do with moths.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That is wonderful. All of his gate attacks were based on animals, so naturally his final attack would be based on the most amazing beast of all.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I've got a friend on the mangastream translation team, and he was interested when I mentioned that naruto's been kinda wonky recently. Other than the post about last week's chapter with sagemom and the night moth vs. night gai mistranslation, is there anything else I can pass on?

EDIT: if you can post specifics that'd be great; also not just limited to Naruto obviously, but I haven't seen any specific posts like that in other threads

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 9, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Every single Bleach translation from the last few releases.

Seriously, their Bleach guy has been dropping the ball when it comes to translation lately.

(Yeah I know it's the Naruto thread but hey you asked)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pinegala posted:

I've got a friend on the mangastream translation team, and he was interested when I mentioned that naruto's been kinda wonky recently. Other than the post about last week's chapter with sagemom and the night moth vs. night gai mistranslation, is there anything else I can pass on?

EDIT: if you can post specifics that'd be great; also not just limited to Naruto obviously, but I haven't seen any specific posts like that in other threads
Naruto - Night Elephant is used when its evening Elephant

Bleach - Yachiru mentioned like 4 times that Kenpachi wouldn't come back when the Raw made no mention of it.

One Piece - Usopps speech didn't match his thoughts like MangaPanda's TL. http://i997.mangapanda.com/one-piece/744/one-piece-4893079.jpg

Since about February their overall quality dropped and Mangapanda's TL was better.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Naruto will not be the proper Ninja Jesus until he brings Jiraiya back from the dead. :colbert:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Torrannor posted:

Naruto will not be the proper Ninja Jesus until he brings Jiraiya back from the dead. :colbert:

Sorry, he just burned his one adult resurrection on Guy. He's still got two kid resurrections in the tank though, I'm looking at you Konohamaru and your girl team member.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Gyges posted:

I'm looking at you Konohamaru and your girl team member.

who?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'd have been fine with that double-page spread being the last page in the whole drat series.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Kild posted:

Bleach - Yachiru mentioned like 4 times that Kenpachi wouldn't come back when the Raw made no mention of it.

One Piece - Usopps speech didn't match his thoughts like MangaPanda's TL. http://i997.mangapanda.com/one-piece/744/one-piece-4893079.jpg

Since about February their overall quality dropped and Mangapanda's TL was better.

Wow that Usopp Translation got completely hosed by Mangastream.

Also, Kenpachi getting "hard," and the omission of his line to Isane about "Come cut me if you're upset" a couple chapters ago.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Kild posted:

Bleach - When talking about how he killed Unohana, he says 'I hated her, so I killed her'. The actual line is him telling Isane 'if you hate me for it, kill me.'

Edit: Speaking of which, where can I go to read the non-mangastream versions of these? Every reader I normally use replaces the quick formerly bad ones with the currently terrible mangastream ones.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Gyges posted:

Sorry, he just burned his one adult resurrection on Guy. He's still got two kid resurrections in the tank though, I'm looking at you Konohamaru and your girl team member.

Neji is back, brother!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

Bleach - When talking about how he killed Unohana, he says 'I hated her, so I killed her'. The actual line is him telling Isane 'if you hate me for it, kill me.'

Edit: Speaking of which, where can I go to read the non-mangastream versions of these? Every reader I normally use replaces the quick formerly bad ones with the currently terrible mangastream ones.

Try US Shonen Jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

KittyEmpress posted:

This may sound crazy, but Manga Panda might keep the Manga Panda scans up instead of using Mangastream's.

• Locked thread