Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Jadiim and Chlorophylia nooo :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

DrManiac posted:

Jadiim and Chlorophylia nooo :negative:

And Eye... Glad I got to briefly play that deck before it was nerfed to hell.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

What happened?

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Mikujin posted:

What happened?

http://hextcg.com/patch-v829-development-highlights/

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

So now it's Rampant Growth instead of super-Cultivate; not really a big issue. Jadim is still super efficient for his cost. Eye of Creation still seems strong. Not really any major losses.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

829 isn't public yet. You can still do stuff like turn 3 Fist of Briggadon.
This update is supposed to be the last one for set 1, so they want to get all the fixes in.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Mikujin posted:

So now it's Rampant Growth instead of super-Cultivate; not really a big issue. Jadim is still super efficient for his cost. Eye of Creation still seems strong. Not really any major losses.

I'm not saying the changes weren't warranted, but 3 nerfs to the same deck is definitely a blow to its power.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
So I just learned reverting a card gets rid of the socketed power.

That just sucks.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
So have they given any indication recently regarding when they expect this game to be approaching release? Sounds like there's still a ton of bullshit bugs.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Afgad posted:

That just sucks.
Agreed, though I'm wondering if that's intentional or not.

signalnoise posted:

So have they given any indication recently regarding when they expect this game to be approaching release? Sounds like there's still a ton of bullshit bugs.
We don't even have a beta target date out yet, though it's looking like it'll be sooner than later.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Afgad posted:

That just sucks.
It's a bug, I can't remember what page the official word came from but check this thread; http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34016&page=42

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Okay after a week, the netdecking isn't bad at all. This weekend I met a bunch of different stuff.
I guess playing at late hours on weekdays put me against certain players.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mikujin posted:

So now it's Rampant Growth instead of super-Cultivate; not really a big issue.

No, Rampant Growth can get any color. This is Nature's Lore.

quote:

Eye of Creation still seems strong.

Not hitting Shards is HUGE. The card is still solid, but it's way way way worse.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

signalnoise posted:

I would be surprised if we have a full launch (like including PvE and not just PvP) before 2015 or Q4 2014. We might get a PvP release in Q3

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Karnegal posted:

I would be surprised if we have a full launch (like including PvE and not just PvP) before 2015 or Q4 2014. We might get a PvP release in Q3

I hope they take their sweet time. The game right now is amazingly fun even with the occasional bug. I like having access to every card. Plus with unlimited drafting I can get a lot of practice before I start doing it "for real."

I do yearn for PvE though. Raids, Keep Defense, and dungeons all sound so awesome.

So how is it best to get in touch with Cory or whatever? I got about ten pages of replies on my thread about regions, but nothing from CZE. I'm thinking it's about time I bump it up a notch.

On a related note, why do people think that Kickstarter rewards are not a purchase? Someone seriously told me "It's not a product, it's a reward." So... rewards are not produced? How's that work exactly?

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Afgad posted:

On a related note, why do people think that Kickstarter rewards are not a purchase? Someone seriously told me "It's not a product, it's a reward." So... rewards are not produced? How's that work exactly?

People are stupid. We were promised something if we paid X, we paid X, now we're entitled to that something.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Afgad posted:

So how is it best to get in touch with Cory or whatever? I got about ten pages of replies on my thread about regions, but nothing from CZE. I'm thinking it's about time I bump it up a notch.

It may be a situation where you'll be able to switch regions "under the table" by using proxies or whatever but they can't endorse that publicly. Hard to know.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
This is probably a long shot, but I figured now would be a good time to try since refunds are closed. I got in on the Kickstarter, but only as a Squire because I hadn't played any TCGs before. Now I'm kind of bummed out about all the cool stuff I'm going to be missing out on.

Is there anyone at the Knight level or up who's feeling disillusioned with their purchase (or just needs some extra cash) and would be interested in selling their account? I'd be especially interested in a King, Grand King, or $250-tier account, but I'll take what I can get. I'm willing to pay significantly more than the list price. PM me if interested and we can negotiate something.

Edit: Seller found!

Thoom fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 7, 2014

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

BenRGamer posted:

People are stupid. We were promised something if we paid X, we paid X, now we're entitled to that something.

Ben I think that arguing with the brown sea is a losing battle. My general policy is to reply once and then just let them hang themselves on their own (For those who did not click on my link, Ben and I were engaging the Hex community on why Kickstarter is a purchase.)

Also the new patch is live. I'm pretty excited for the changes, I think they were all very positive.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Afgad posted:

Ben I think that arguing with the brown sea is a losing battle. My general policy is to reply once and then just let them hang themselves on their own (For those who did not click on my link, Ben and I were engaging the Hex community on why Kickstarter is a purchase.)

Also the new patch is live. I'm pretty excited for the changes, I think they were all very positive.

It's a purchase because the law says so, in that courts have allowed law suits for undelivered KS good.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
So the client has improved a lot and the experience as a whole is much better. I did a draft today and it went badly. Tried to draft a wild/dia weenie deck with some big hitters but I misread who was drafting what and ended up with a lot of bad cards. I completed the first round and bailed. Poor form, I know but I just couldn't keep going. :smith:

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 9, 2014

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if this is a bug or just something that we don't know about yet;

'Epic' card rarity sounds like something they might keep under their hat for a future set, or maybe it's just because some dev was sick of having to hunt for his shards

edit: unlikely to be the second one, you can just turn of all rarity filters to get to the shards...

Grim fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 9, 2014

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Anyone else having trouble logging in? It is taking forever, and once I do get in nothing loads quickly, if at all. I couldn't join any drafts :(

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

Blazing Zero posted:

So the client has improved a lot and the experience as a whole is much better. I did a draft today and it went badly. Tried to draft a wild/dia weenie deck with some big hitters but I misread who was drafting what and ended up with a lot of bad cards. I completed the first round and bailed. Poor form, I know but I just couldn't keep going. :smith:

This sounds eerily like my draft from Monday. Sad times.

Edit: I did play my two games as well as I could, and held off on conceding until it was obvious there was no coming back. Still very short games, though.

Kakesu fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 9, 2014

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Blazing Zero posted:

Ugh. Just play your games and take your medicine if you build a lovely deck. I have made some wildly experimental/optimistic decks that were obviously going to lose once I saw the first 5 turns, but I played them out. Why? First, for the experience of drawing the cards, seeing them interact with each other, etc- or my own education/edification. Secondly, because the person on the other end of the game just spent the better part of an hour waiting to draft, drafting, and deck building. Bailing on them to make them do more waiting is lovely.

Once we are playing with real assets feel free to quit every draft you can register for though :cheers:

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

I've been playing around with the buffed shin'hare. They really suffer from a total lack of flying units. Sure, you can put in flying units from the same color (blood/wild) but they don't get the whole shin'hare synergy thing.

How would all of you get around that?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Throw some Wailing Banshees in for attack (blocked by artifact/blood only), or some Zombie Vultures maybe. Or load up on +life stuff and try to survive long enough for your deck to develop, and Murder/Terrible Transfer when needed? It is a tough nut to crack in a draft. I had a nasty Shin'hare deck with 2 Eulogists, 2 whatever the Commander is who gets +1/+1 from every Shin'hare,a shitton of cards that made Battle Hoppers, etc. I ran into a flying deck who got them out early and buffed them quickly and I got whipped 2 out of three games. If only I had more Murders :sigh:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Some good news for people who don't like investing a bunch of time drafting cards and then making a deck and then losing in the first round, the new (surprise!) patch just introduced Swiss draft;

quote:

Looking to play a little longer in those Booster Draft tournaments? Well, now you can! Swiss-style tournaments allow all competitors to compete for all three rounds of a Booster Draft with the deck they drafted. Each win increases the amount of prizes you receive at the end of an event, but most important is that you get to play as long as you want from the start until the finish of an event!
We’d appreciate any and all testing of the swiss-style tournaments, so hop in and we’ll see you in the drafts!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

WayAbvPar posted:

Ugh. Just play your games and take your medicine if you build a lovely deck. I have made some wildly experimental/optimistic decks that were obviously going to lose once I saw the first 5 turns, but I played them out. Why? First, for the experience of drawing the cards, seeing them interact with each other, etc- or my own education/edification. Secondly, because the person on the other end of the game just spent the better part of an hour waiting to draft, drafting, and deck building. Bailing on them to make them do more waiting is lovely.

Once we are playing with real assets feel free to quit every draft you can register for though :cheers:

I've built a draft deck I was absolutely certain would go 0/2 in the first round, yet made it to the finals and even won one game of the match. I heartily agree that it's really lovely to bail on free drafts just because you think your deck sucks.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Afgad posted:

I've been playing around with the buffed shin'hare. They really suffer from a total lack of flying units. Sure, you can put in flying units from the same color (blood/wild) but they don't get the whole shin'hare synergy thing.

How would all of you get around that?

Both colors have removal options. Blood has Inquisition, Terrible Transfer, and Murder. Murder would probably be most consistent and reliable in a multicolor deck amongst those.
Wild leans towards combat tricks, but even has a spell that specifically destroys flyers, Turbulence.
The combat tricks like Wild Growth and Wild Aura would boost the weenie shin'hare troops to take out actual valuable cards.
And once an opponent sees a trick like Wild Growth, threat of activation comes into play, forcing a smart opponent to play as if all your troops are +3/+3 when you have a single open mana.
I once attacked with a Shield Master every turn when an opponent dominated the board, because he knew my draft had 2 Crushing Blows.
There are also spells that force creatures to block/attack yours: Pheremones and Survival of the Fittest.
Note Survival of the Fittest creates a "battle", not "combat". So almost all rules and triggers related to combat are completely ignored, even keywords like quickstrike.

Remb fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 11, 2014

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Remb posted:

Note Survival of the Fittest creates a "battle", not "combat". So almost all rules and triggers related to combat are completely ignored, even keywords like quickstrike.

The battle ignores quickstrike? Wow, I had no idea.

There really needs to be a list of these tiny minutia somewhere. They can be incredibly important.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Remb posted:

Has to be mentioned, though, while it does ignore quickstrike, troops that prevent combat damage prevent damage from survival of the fittest, too, last I checked.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I'm fairly certain it kills Flock of Seagulls, but Bird of Plenty prevents ALL damage dealt to it (and draws cards instead).

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I dunno if it's been changed, but a while ago I have had it happen to Flock of Seagulls and it ignored all the damage and was fine.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

Afgad posted:

There really needs to be a list of these tiny minutia somewhere. They can be incredibly important.

They're experienced TCG developers, so I'm sure they have something similar to the MTG Comprehensive Rules that they work off of, and they'll probably release it once it's finalized.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Afgad posted:

Ditto for me. That is very interesting.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
So for us that haven't been following since alpha began, how is the game shaping up compared to MTG?

gredgie
Dec 9, 2012

Is there any in this rout
with authority to treat with me?
I was going to do the Slacker Backer, but that's seemingly not an option any more :(. I swear clicking Beta in the website's menu always had an actual page that had the Slacker Backer Paypal stuffs.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

They recently just discontinued the slacker backer option, since they're ramping up for Beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Korak posted:

So for us that haven't been following since alpha began, how is the game shaping up compared to MTG?

I'm not very experienced with MTG, so I can't do a really in-depth comparison. I can, however, tell you how fun Hex is.

The drafts work great, the client is smooth, and the only real complaint I have is that the cards in the card manager don't load fast enough.

At least in draft there are a ton of different viable decks, and I get the feeling there is some leeway in constructed now that they nerfed the poo poo out of EoC (it needed it).

The game is not perfect but it's definitely good right now.

Sadly there is no way to get into the game at the moment. Slacker backer was removed.

• Locked thread