Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
I'll get right on that. Need one of those Google watches that lets you take spy pictures while pretending to check the time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

I'll get right on that. Need one of those Google watches that lets you take spy pictures while pretending to check the time...

Now that's the kind of initiative I can appreciate.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I prefer to pretend my characters are all very very aesexual and sterile from all the acid, cold, fire, physical damage and dying.

It makes sense in my world, why do you think all the NPCs stand ramrod stiff or constantly come back while there is only one of me? :colbert:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Quick question; What's a good way for an 85 SK to make some cash? Ideally by selling drops in the bazaar or selling to vendors.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I am now at the final step for both the SK 1.0 & 1.5; waiting for the CoM guy to spawn to do the turn in and needing to off the paladin in WW. If anyone on test is around to help me kill the paladin I would very much appreciate the help.

Also, what should I focus on next? 2.0 or is there something else useful to focus on?

qxx
Dec 2, 2005

Only the wrong survive.

Node posted:

That might be for the best. Triality has become the butt end of jokes, at least in RoI.

Whoa, gotta brush up on your history, mang. Triality was one of the longest running top guilds in EQ history. There are a good handful of great guilds to come and go, and some are still up and running (RoI), but Triality was definitely one of the best. The reason there are so many jokes in RoI about Triality is because of the competitive rivalry they shared and now it's fun to break my balls about it (I was in Triality for 10 years) and make jokes about old incidents and things that happened during that rivalry we all shared (hiding under a rock and such). I guess if you didn't know the context, it might come across a different way. But the person you're replying to was talking about joining Triality like 11-12 years ago when they started in 2002.

qxx fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 8, 2014

Bucky_Grid
Jul 21, 2007

Cithen posted:

I am now at the final step for both the SK 1.0 & 1.5; waiting for the CoM guy to spawn to do the turn in and needing to off the paladin in WW. If anyone on test is around to help me kill the paladin I would very much appreciate the help.

Also, what should I focus on next? 2.0 or is there something else useful to focus on?

The paladin in WW for the shadow knight 1.5 is a cake walk. I killed him at 80 with a merc, no sweat. If you'd like some back up though, I'd be more than happy to help, look up Dranicor. Finally have semi regular play hours after being out on a wonderful business trip.

I'm starting the 1.5/2.0 SK epic myself for a second time. First time, I got the murkglider breeder to spawn in 30 mins, same thing happened the second time around. Of course, now I'm paying for it, since I've cleared PoG two times with no hair.

And yes, I'd say 2.0 should be your next focus.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's up SK 1.5 buddies? I just finished getting tailoring to 100 yesterday to do the combine for the 1.5 sheath.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

If you're an SK without the 2.0, your only priority is getting the 2.0

Period.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Epic 2.0 it is. I took down the WW paladin earlier tonight so I'm the proud owner of the 1.5 epic. I then tried to swarm and was successful the first time around, but then forgot to pop the epic for my second round, pulled too many mobs and died pathetically.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I have been slowly PL'ing my baby druid with my SK (pulling half the level-appropriate mobs in Blightfire Moors and letting them die on the dmg shield after a good shot or two with Tremor). It is actually kinda fun. I have been able to keep my spell skills up after a little practice in PoK when I come to buy 3 or 4 levels worth of spells, but I don't exactly have a plan for skilling up her offense/defense skills. I have seen others mentioning using a merc to do it, but got the impression it was only good for offense. So this leads up to the question: is there a good way besides dying to greens/l blues I can skill up offense and defense?

It is a good question for my main (a rogue), too. Working with a level matched tank merc I just let her grab aggro after a pull and then max weapon skills/offense in about 3 kills. But never getting hit means my defensive skills are starting to suffer. Dodge is ok, but important skills like parry and riposte are getting further and further left behind.

Any help is appreciated!

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Finally got around to doing Plane of Time yesterday. Went to phase 4 effortlessly, when realized oops, they're all fabled. I managed to down Fabled Saryrn without that much trouble, but I did have to work for it. Thank jebus for Shaman Cannibalize and decent heals. Took maybe 20 minutes at least! Alas, no Symbol of the Planemasters.

Did raids back in the day seriously have to do all of PoT in one sitting, within the time limits, or did the time limits get "saved" so you could continue with the next phase the next day? If not, that is insane. Must've been fun spending 10-15 hours in a row in a ball-busting raid.

DerekSmartymans posted:

I have been slowly PL'ing my baby druid with my SK (pulling half the level-appropriate mobs in Blightfire Moors and letting them die on the dmg shield after a good shot or two with Tremor). It is actually kinda fun. I have been able to keep my spell skills up after a little practice in PoK when I come to buy 3 or 4 levels worth of spells, but I don't exactly have a plan for skilling up her offense/defense skills. I have seen others mentioning using a merc to do it, but got the impression it was only good for offense. So this leads up to the question: is there a good way besides dying to greens/l blues I can skill up offense and defense?

It is a good question for my main (a rogue), too. Working with a level matched tank merc I just let her grab aggro after a pull and then max weapon skills/offense in about 3 kills. But never getting hit means my defensive skills are starting to suffer. Dodge is ok, but important skills like parry and riposte are getting further and further left behind.

Any help is appreciated!
Ain't no way to it other than get hit. Hire a healer mercenary and grind it out, "tanking" mobs. I can't quite understand whether it's your rogue or your druid needing defensive skills - if it's the Druid, just cast some snares or nukes to hold aggro. The rogue might have a tougher time getting aggro from the healer mercenary, but try with some threat-causing poisons perhaps?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Duel a pet in the guild hall and you'll max defensives fairly quickly.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Pilsner posted:

Ain't no way to it other than get hit. Hire a healer mercenary and grind it out, "tanking" mobs. I can't quite understand whether it's your rogue or your druid needing defensive skills - if it's the Druid, just cast some snares or nukes to hold aggro. The rogue might have a tougher time getting aggro from the healer mercenary, but try with some threat-causing poisons perhaps?

No way, just use your SK's pet to get your defensive up by /duel'ing the druid. SK pet is the perfect pet for it because he will always and forever loving suck. At level 100 with max AA's I still use my level 98 pet to raise skills for level 60 characters, even hasted he will never, ever come close to killing your PL'd character. But if for some insane reason your characters can't handle it just use a pet that /con's at least green to the druid and they'll be fine.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Pilsner posted:

Did raids back in the day seriously have to do all of PoT in one sitting, within the time limits, or did the time limits get "saved" so you could continue with the next phase the next day? If not, that is insane. Must've been fun spending 10-15 hours in a row in a ball-busting raid.

I don't remember PoT taking too absurdly long to clear, and certainly not 10 hours. I thought it was more like 3-4 hours.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Pet tank, got it. It was a question for my rogue, BTW, b/c I don't care about melee with the druid. My rogue is on the same account with my SK. I guess I can find a pet owner to /duel for him. I also knew there was a way but could not remember it, as I quit long before mercs were in the game.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Time raids began as an all day 8-10 hour thing when your guild first got there because if you ran out of time you had to reclear phases 1-3 or 4 with no loot from anything. Each server would have an agreement between the top guilds what days their PoTime raids were on because of some dumb reason that two guilds couldn't be doing phases 1-3 at the same time or something I don't remember what. Or maybe it was lag reasons, I don't remember because we were the first guild and got to pick our day for whatever we wanted.

Once your guild got it down on farm status you could do it in an hour or two if you really pushed it. We were clearing in under 3 hours before LDoN came out, then because GoD was unbelievably broken your guild usually kept doing Time for at least half of GoD's era and you just wanted to slit your wrists instead of raiding anymore and that's why so many top guilds just quit.

"Here's our subscribers WoW, you can have them!" - Sony's design team

And still Time was nowhere near as bad as doing Rathe because at least you were actually doing something instead of sitting there for hours doing next to nothing. I don't know of a single guild that didn't screw up what should've been their first Rathe kill because morons freaked out after the timer started and ran over to the mez cave and just started breaking mez's all at once.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 9, 2014

Xars
Jul 7, 2013

Midnight City posted:

And still Time was nowhere near as bad as doing Rathe because at least you were actually doing something instead of sitting there for hours doing next to nothing. I don't know of a single guild that didn't screw up what should've been their first Rathe kill because morons freaked out after the timer started and ran over to the mez cave and just started breaking mez's all at once.

On Fippy, we (Citizen) farmed Rathe. I think we did it 8 times and I was there for 6 of them.

By the end, we could do it in under an hour.

Even on the progression server, I don't think any other guild did it more than once except us.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Anyone know what the "respawn" time on PoT is if I've killed a phase 4 boss?

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Should be able to see your lockout timers for that instance in the expedition window.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Pilsner posted:

Anyone know what the "respawn" time on PoT is if I've killed a phase 4 boss?

Alt-z to bring up the dz window with lockout timers. And /tasktimer for task lockout timers.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I finally broke down and dl'd ISBoxer. Now I have to learn how to use it. I saw a video where you had a small-scale map of a second window's hit bars to control from your main's window and thought it looked pretty cool. Hope this is as big a difference as y'all make it out to be :-)!

Edit: I saw someone on page 126 of this thread mention a goon guide to ISBoxer and cannot find it jumping earlier pages so if someone could repost it or find the link I would really appreciate it!

Edit2: on 127 Xars said the ISBoxer guide was his, if that helps. I cannot search on my phone so I hope somebody can repost it :-).

Edit3: never mind on Xars' guide to ISBoxer. I found it when I was able to search this thread by user. Xars' guide was on page one of his posting history in the thread. Thanks to Xars and Pilzner and all the folks with all their helpful advice!

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 10, 2014

Xars
Jul 7, 2013

DerekSmartymans posted:

I finally broke down and dl'd ISBoxer. Now I have to learn how to use it. I saw a video where you had a small-scale map of a second window's hit bars to control from your main's window and thought it looked pretty cool. Hope this is as big a difference as y'all make it out to be :-)!

Edit: I saw someone on page 126 of this thread mention a goon guide to ISBoxer and cannot find it jumping earlier pages so if someone could repost it or find the link I would really appreciate it!

Edit2: on 127 Xars said the ISBoxer guide was his, if that helps. I cannot search on my phone so I hope somebody can repost it :-).

Edit3: never mind on Xars' guide to ISBoxer. I found it when I was able to search this thread by user. Xars' guide was on page one of his posting history in the thread. Thanks to Xars and Pilzner and all the folks with all their helpful advice!

Glad you found it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Xars posted:

Glad you found it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I used your guide last night and was able to play my first dual-box game with zero issues. That was just the basics, too. The program has all of this potential and I am diving in whole hog! I will probably have more questions as I try out more features but for now I'm pretty satisfied with the basics.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I wanted the high elf illusion mask you get from turning in Stanos' head for my bard

it turns out people really, really, really don't like you killing stanos 4 times

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Node posted:

I wanted the high elf illusion mask you get from turning in Stanos' head for my bard

it turns out people really, really, really don't like you killing stanos 4 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVdKQ0I35qo

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Came back after years and started up a fresh level 85 wizard on Vox. I'm sure playing on Vox was probably a terrible idea but too late for that at this point. Very glad I didn't need to grind faction for Twincast or Journeyman mercs this time. Doing that back in the day made me drat near suicidal. Of course there is probably some new faction grinding to do once I gain a few levels. At this point I am more concerned with finding a guild to play with don't really care about raiding all that much just want some people to group with I guess. EQ is still pretty fun you guys.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Just finished the 1.5 for my old SK main at 72. Was pretty easy, even got lucky on the Murkglider Breeder after hearing horror stories about how long it could take for him to spawn.

Time to do as much of the 2.0 grunt work as possible and get a couple more levels I guess.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I finished the 1.5 with my SK the other day as well. Didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes for any of the spawns. Guess I got lucky!

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

RCarr posted:

I finished the 1.5 with my SK the other day as well. Didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes for any of the spawns. Guess I got lucky!

It took me like 4 cycles of those 90-minute spawn nightmares in PoN for the hide, I just played alts during the wait. Meanwhile the first unicorn to rush me in Growth dropped the hair :shrug:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
The easiest way to get a unicorn hair is to agro Tunare. All the unicorns in the zone love that. So does every other creature in it.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

jetz0r posted:

[Wed Jan 22 10:10:53 2014] Qwestwic tells you, '/GU Commander Galenth in 150s, 219153k @1461020dps --- Illa 9478k @65818dps --- Qwestwic pets 9361k @64116dps comin for you

I know what this is but I cannot figure out how to read it (it's from pg 149; reading the whole thread). Anybody able to translate for me?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

DerekSmartymans posted:

I know what this is but I cannot figure out how to read it (it's from pg 149; reading the whole thread). Anybody able to translate for me?

It's the damage parse for the fight. The target in question is the NPC "Commander Galenth". The fight lasted 150 seconds. The raid did 219,153,000 damage, which equates to a rate of 1,461,020 damage per second. The top damage was from the player Illa, who did 9,478,000 damage, which equates to a rate of 65,818 damage per second, etc

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

DerekSmartymans posted:

It's GamParse output from a WK2 fight where Questwic did almost as much dps as Illa.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
DPS and damage in general is dumb, anyways.

StickOnTattoos
May 5, 2006
Lick it and stick it

Node posted:

DPS and damage in general is dumb, anyways.

Why do ya say that?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

StickOnTattoos posted:

Why do ya say that?

Because they're dumb. Like books, and juggalos.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Node posted:

Because they're dumb. Like books, and juggalos.

What about books of erotica about Juggalos? I would not think this genre exists, but then again internet reasons...

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Devor posted:

It's the damage parse for the fight. The target in question is the NPC "Commander Galenth". The fight lasted 150 seconds. The raid did 219,153,000 damage, which equates to a rate of 1,461,020 damage per second. The top damage was from the player Illa, who did 9,478,000 damage, which equates to a rate of 65,818 damage per second, etc

Qwestwic and Illa are both druids who enjoy competing on DPS parses. Including other classes wouldn't have had us anywhere near top 2.

But Qwest quit again, so I just win any of the druid or priest parses now. Get owned scrublords.

DerekSmartymans posted:

What about books of erotica about Juggalos? I would not think this genre exists, but then again internet reasons...

Juggalos can't read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

BlueChocolate posted:

This has got to be a whole new level of crazy even for mmo players.

So which one of you goons made "love" to lillywhite? Also, is she still around for those still playing?

Bumping and old post, I know, but in the linked thread someone said that she was still playing. Post was made in 2011, though.