Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Sum Mors posted:

I love the imagery of him holding up both belts for the win making it seem more epic, but unless he comes out with both belts on like Eric Young, they need to decide on 1 belt eventually.

Big Gold is timeless and classy as hell, but in the end, obviously, it'll be the gaudy one with the logo all over it. Because publicity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So, Bryan has appeal which crosses over into mainstream media. I guess he is really this generation's Hulk Hogan.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

So, Bryan has appeal which crosses over into mainstream media. I guess he is really this generation's Hulk Hogan.

So we can look forward to a No Holds Barred remake with Terry Crews as Zeus?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

bartok posted:

Steen would be perfect for the Stan Hansen role.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

bartok posted:

This would be unironically awesome. Also, I would suggest Bob Odenkirk in the role of the guy who owned the baddie TV network and called everyone "Jock-rear end"

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

BrigadierSensible posted:

This would be unironically awesome. Also, I would suggest Bob Odenkirk in the role of the guy who owned the baddie TV network and called everyone "Jock-rear end"

The podcast How Did This Get Made just covered No Holds Barred, and Tom Lennon volunteered to play the network exec and Paul Scheer would be one of his lackeys.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

:stare:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Oh god the wet on Warrior's sleeve :gonk:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I like all these people. :)

Gonz posted:

Big Gold is timeless and classy as hell, but in the end, obviously, it'll be the gaudy one with the logo all over it. Because publicity.

It wouldn't be that hard to combine the looks without looking horrible. BGB center plate as the background, big WWE logo (the new one) in the middle where the globe/crown are, custom side plates.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I am deeply saddened we won't see these on Asparagus. :smith:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Sum Mors posted:

I love the imagery of him holding up both belts for the win making it seem more epic, but unless he comes out with both belts on like Eric Young, they need to decide on 1 belt eventually.

This has been said repeatedly by people since Randy Orton first won the unified championship, and I honestly don't quite get why people feel it's so important for there to be one belt and one belt only. Personally, I think multiple-belt championships are badass, and for both Orton and Bryan, the imagery of them toting around the two belts has been great.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Warrior looks like Tom Jones.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

unimportantguy posted:

This has been said repeatedly by people since Randy Orton first won the unified championship, and I honestly don't quite get why people feel it's so important for there to be one belt and one belt only. Personally, I think multiple-belt championships are badass, and for both Orton and Bryan, the imagery of them toting around the two belts has been great.

I think it looks awkward and stupid, personally. It lessens the belts imo. It's like when boxers walk to the ring with 5 belts and 4 of them are ones that nobody cares about.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Look at this jerkoff with his three ugly belts.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
From Imgur, "Photo I took at the end of Wrestlemania"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Triple H owns

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Not enough -OOOOOOOOOOOCK in that Brock.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MisterGBH posted:

Warrior looks like Tom Jones.

Also Ron Perlman

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

unimportantguy posted:

I think both have a certain aesthetic. On one hand you have THE champion with THE belt, on the other hand you have this:

One makes the individual title more important, the other makes the individual champion more important.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

From the WWE Wrestlemania photo gallery. Billy Gun's face is absolutely priceless here.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seth talking trash to his own nose :allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Whoops!

So, was this a planned spot or a wardrobe malfunction?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Seth talking trash to his own nose :allears:

"YOU CALL YOURSELF A PROBOSCIS? YOU CAN'T EVEN SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Say Nothing posted:

Whoops!

Find out on Total Divas!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Say Nothing posted:

Whoops!

wait what the hell is even going on here? I was in the bathroom for this match.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Stallion Cabana posted:

According to her twitter, Cameron accidentally had her top ripped off during the match

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

I think it looks awkward and stupid, personally. It lessens the belts imo. It's like when boxers walk to the ring with 5 belts and 4 of them are ones that nobody cares about.

I don't think it lessens the belts but it almost makes them look indecisive - like yeah, they WANT to unify the titles, but they're not dead set on it and are keeping the belts separate. The first unification was pretty cool and we got a nice looking unified title out of it, I hope they make a single belt that at least has a historical, prestigious look and maybe incorporates little design cues from belts of the past.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Top came undone. She actually rassled with one arm and was put in a submission move in the ropes before she eventually rolled out and vanished.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

"I was supposed to be a pretty boy-heart throb" Rise And Fall Of ECW

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

goons.jpg

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

He got a bit of a Manning forehead dun't he?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
does anyone have the "nutted but she's still sucking" reaction gif from the Lesnar/Taker match? I was in tears reading the GDT when that was posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

britishbornandbread posted:

does anyone have the "nutted but she's still sucking" reaction gif from the Lesnar/Taker match? I was in tears reading the GDT when that was posted.