Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Pierson posted:

we need more crazy poo poo that bounces off walls and zaps laser-lightning through skulls. Get on it DE.

Lightning bolts and shurikens flying through rear end, too.

Never mind, it already has that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

necrobobsledder posted:

More importantly, each rail costs for everyone:

500k credits
25 Gallium
15k Plastids
15k Rubedo
25 Control Module

Think we can make sure we've got the above ready to go?

So I could just buily my first rail on my own and start a second one. I guess they'll be gone if an enemy clan wins those matches, otherwise the cheap price wouldn't make sense. So with enough spare resources it might be fun just to try to destroy certain nodes for the sake of destroying.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Dogs.

Dogs today.

Gonna get me a dog

dogggggggg

edit: also if those are the final costs, we can get the resources for a rail by deleting a single banner. We have the resources on hand for hundreds of rails.

So I think that's not likely to be the full cost of a rail.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It would be perfect if we could challenge and destroy some other clan's rail and then either self-destruct ours or just not build it and see how mad the super-serious weeabo clans get.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
From the Dev Stream and the tutorial video it seems that you only get to 'attack' (spawn a invasion tyle Versus-PvE mission) a node if you deploy a tower to contest the territory... so there is no way around deploying a Rail ourselves if we want to wipe another one.

Of course you could always jack up the taxes to render it unusable, or rather unprofitable, for the common pubbie tenno.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

For anyone looking for prime stuff, I'm giving a bunch of mine away for nothing. Hit me up ingame (Nanopathogen) and let me know what you're looking for, same deal for mods. Only thing I'm even looking for at this point is a Boltor Prime BP so I can nail mans to walls. Seriously though, you can just poo poo a slash dash for these parts, I don't care. Goonlove.

Fakeedit: I hope whips become op, I already only use the scoliac because it's drat fun.

Realedit: Still no luck on the gauntlet denzine, trying again after the patch. I blame credit caches for my failure.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Given the hilarious amount of melee weapons I grinded for rank 15, kind of curious how the changes will affect em all. Did a farewell charge attack run with the Jat and with a maxed out charge speed it was pretty fun.

Only prime weapon I've got to finish is the AKbroncos (need a link) and the fist weapons, need all the parts.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Pierson posted:

Legit talk Warframe needs more sci-fi guns that are actually sci-fi. Not that it doesn't have them already but it needs more of the stuff like the Drakgoon and Phage and less like the Soma and Karak. Titanfall has a lock on "it's the future but the guns are still the same boring old rifles and shotguns" we need more crazy poo poo that bounces off walls and zaps laser-lightning through skulls. Get on it DE.

The problem is less "more" and more "better." Synapse is the prime example in my book - much harder to get than Soma, requires higher mastery, but overall an inferior gun. I'm sure a fair number of Miters, Supras, and Flux Rifles get built, but why use them at all when Soma makes them look airsoft?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I thought the Boltor Prime was the new hot poo poo, compared to the Soma?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I thought the Boltor Prime was the new hot poo poo, compared to the Soma?

It definitely beats it in the looks department, DE did drat good on the model.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Boltor Prime is far superior to Soma in nearly every respect. Soma's main advantages are that it's hitscan and a hundred thousand times easier to get.

ps dogs

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I like the Soma's looks honestly. I also prefer it being hitscan because I am terrible at leading targets with the Boltor for some reason (you'd think all that flight sim experience would help). I mean, c'mon, how can you not like a Space Chauchat?

That said, I liked the Soma, but it felt a bit weak when I took it to 30. Granted I haven't potatoed it (or the Boltor P) and only have a Rank 5 Serration (or +90% damage, or whatever) but while it does good with the crit rate, it didn't feel like it hit hard at all except during those crits. I'm sure it'd be a lot better with a potato and better/more mods, but so would the Boltor P and that is already kicking rear end for me.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Denzine posted:

Boltor Prime is far superior to Soma in nearly every respect. Soma's main advantages are that it's hitscan and a hundred thousand times easier to get.

ps dogs

I hope that building our battledogs costs control modules and nanospores.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I like the Soma's looks honestly. I also prefer it being hitscan because I am terrible at leading targets with the Boltor for some reason (you'd think all that flight sim experience would help). I mean, c'mon, how can you not like a Space Chauchat?

That said, I liked the Soma, but it felt a bit weak when I took it to 30. Granted I haven't potatoed it (or the Boltor P) and only have a Rank 5 Serration (or +90% damage, or whatever) but while it does good with the crit rate, it didn't feel like it hit hard at all except during those crits. I'm sure it'd be a lot better with a potato and better/more mods, but so would the Boltor P and that is already kicking rear end for me.

That's the problem, Soma does its damage via crits. It kinda sucks without crit mods, but its damage explodes once you get enough crit mods that you're critting almost all the time (with an rof this fast, you won't even notice the few non-crits), at a ridiculously high multiplier. You will need a potato in it to get those crit mods in with your regular damage mods, though.

Not that I'm trying to dissuade you from using the Boltor Prime, I've always been a big Boltor fan and it's cool to have a Boltor that's not only good, but actually top-tier.

This game needs more Quake guns (also I want a Nailgun skin for the Boltor Prime).

Cathair fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 9, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Improbable Lobster posted:

I hope that building our battledogs costs control modules and nanospores.
It'll cost 500,000 Nanospores and 300 Control Modules.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Pierson posted:

It'll cost 500,000 Nanospores and 300 Control Modules.

Dog will cost 5000 orokin cells and will actually reward you with nano spores.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Cathair posted:

That's the problem, Soma does its damage via crits. It kinda sucks without crit mods, but its damage explodes once you get enough crit mods that you're critting almost all the time (with an rof this fast, you won't even notice the few non-crits), at a ridiculously high multiplier. You will need a potato in it to get those crit mods in with your regular damage mods, though.

Yeah that is what I figured. I honestly probably didn't set up the Soma very well for the limited mod capacity I have. Still, I do have two blue potatoes from that alert, maybe I'll just say gently caress it and toss one in Soma and if I don't like it, well, I just toss the other in the Boltor P.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
With 3 potato, Soma catches up to boltor p and sort of equals it. Still, i find boltor p works better for me in tower runs.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It does look like I have all the necessary mods to make it a killing machine (Besides a full serration). Point Strike, Vital Sense, Critical Delay, Hammerstrike, Split Chamber, Shred, and Serration. Not sure what the eigth mod would be (assuming there is the capacity) I guess just an elemental mod?

I bet I'd need to Forma it a couple times to fit all that though.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 9, 2014

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Chauchat is inferor to Bren/Madsen. :colbert:

On the subject of gunchat, I'd like to see DE go back and remodel the Braton, Latron, and Strun to be more 'tenno-ish'.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It does look like I have all the necessary mods to make it a killing machine (Besides a full serration). Point Strike, Vital Sense, Critical Delay, Hammerstrike, Split Chamber, Shred, and Serration. Not sure what the eigth mod would be (assuming there is the capacity) I guess just an elemental mod?

I bet I'd need to Forma it a couple times to fit all that though.

Critical Delay doesn't actually add much to Soma's dps, so it's fine to leave off. It's okay if you just like the feel of it, but as far as functionality goes, an elemental would give you more damage (assuming you had the mod space).

I have the full eight mods in my Soma: Serration/Split Chamber, Point Strike/Vital Sense, Shred, and 3 elementals. With all of them maxed, I had to forma it four times in addition to the two native polarities. You'll notice the lack of Hammer Shot- according to DPSFrame, Hammer Shot on a Soma actually does very slightly less damage than an elemental. I find the extra elemental damage useful for enemy weaknesses, but it's a matter of taste and what you're fighting.

So yeah, you'll probably need to forma it a couple of times to get the full absurdity. You probably won't need as many as I've got until you max Serration, or if you want to fit more than one or two elementals.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Wales Grey posted:

Chauchat is inferor to Bren/Madsen. :colbert:

On the subject of gunchat, I'd like to see DE go back and remodel the Braton, Latron, and Strun to be more 'tenno-ish'.

It would be nice if they took a look at more of the early clantech too, what with the Ignis literally being a Grakata with some tubes and doodads attached, and the Ogris just looks dumb. The remodel for the Torid was nice though, and gives me some hope for the other stuff.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
Besides the mods you mentioned, depending on mission level and mob density (tougher, less dense mobs like the grineer), I replace shred with hammer shot (+60% crit damage +40% status when maxed). This way, I don't touch the elemental mods (which, in my opinion, are vital for damage maximization/consistency).

I read that a half ranked heavy caliber works really well on Soma with no noticeable accuracy loss. I haven't tried it, though.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 9, 2014

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Heavy Caliber only affects the initial accuracy of the Soma, not the maximum wound-up spread (iirc). I don't use it because I enjoy the versatility of being able to snipe from across the map with my bullet hose, but if you're only using it at close/medium range and with punchthrough, a max Heavy Caliber is fine.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I run a maxed Hcal on Soma and Boltor Prime.

People that complain about the accuracy loss live in a dreamland called "jealous of my 3k+ fusion cores"

I do 1000 damage per bolt, and almost as much per soma crit. Thousands of damage when I hit heads. With shred.

there is no meaningful down side to hcal on 90% of guns.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

By the way, I just got a Vauban, how should he be set up? The wiki seems to indicate the Vortex isn't really improved by Power Strength, so just go for duration/range/efficiency?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

By the way, I just got a Vauban, how should he be set up? The wiki seems to indicate the Vortex isn't really improved by Power Strength, so just go for duration/range/efficiency?

Pretty much, power strength does affect how many targets get caught in bastille, but with enough efficiency you can just throw more anyway.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Pretty much. Vauban's strength is in using his abilities to keep dudes from doing poo poo. The longer he can do that, the better.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Denzine posted:

People that complain about the accuracy loss live in a dreamland called "jealous of my 3k+ fusion cores"

I do 1000 damage per bolt, and almost as much per soma crit. Thousands of damage when I hit heads. With shred.

Encouraging and very useful to know this!

That said, which are the guns I should not mix with hcal?

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Denzine posted:

I find that, unless you're shooting from shotgun range or less, you lose at least as much DPS from hcal's accuracy cost than you gain from the higher damage numbers.

Mine is quad forma, and I dropped hcal for max stabilizer and find it a lot more versatile that way. It can not only snipe, but hold down the trigger and do the bullet hose thing from sniper range too. If weapon switching in this game was half as fast as the rest of it, I might go back, but as long as isn't then I'd rather have something for all ranges than a Sobek from hell.

I may not have 3k cores but I'm over 1k I think :|

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Run powers 2-4. I spec for max efficiency because I build for ODD and other small defenses where spacing Bastilles out and spamming Vortexes are necessary. I run Streamline 25%, Flow, Redirection, Stretch, Fleeting Expertise, and rank 5 Narrow Minded (to cancel out FE's duration reduction). Vortex's range is unaffected by range reduction, so you won't be gimping it. There are other builds, but if you're going for area denial and haven't formaed (which, if you just got him, you haven't), I would suggest the above.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 9, 2014

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Two minor pieces of U13 news:

1. Alliance cap is now 4000 players.
2. No dog today.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Update today? :raise:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
:smith:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The intern carrying Update 13 to the server room slipped on a banana peel and uh-oh now there's Update 13 all over the floor!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pierson posted:

The intern carrying Update 13 to the server room slipped on a banana peel and uh-oh now there's Update 13 all over the floor!

Quick, get a Vauban to clean it all up.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Denzine posted:

I was thinking of using a Legendary Core on it and putting it on my boltor prime (not interested in spending that many cores on it when my serration and hornet strike still each have 2 more levels to go). Is that a good idea?

Doc Finn
Mar 25, 2009
Another splinter clan for the alliance: Elevenno, Both of our members are goons.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Honestly I'd trade the Legendary Core for a platinum and just level HC as normal, happy in the knowledge your slots and potatoes are funded for quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Pierson posted:

Honestly I'd trade the Legendary Core for a platinum and just level HC as normal, happy in the knowledge your color pallets are funded for a while.

What he said, getting a max rank mod is nice but you can get 400+ plat for a legendary core.