Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The top banner and the background both change semi-regularly to fit the scene, yeah. There's an archive of previous banners here.

e: you may have beaten me to the answer, but your hastiness ensured that I would snipe the page and obtain final victory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

IUG posted:

So I only started reading this a few weeks ago. Does that top banner change with each story arch? It never made any sense to me when I read through all ~470 pages I read up to this storyline, but it makes sense if it changed with the current story arch. That, or I got caught up at a coincidental time.

It changes. Some past ones:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, I figured that made the most sense. Since that banner didn't make any sense to me at all until last week.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Also, I choose to believe that Parfait had all the pages in the sketchbook predrawn except for the first one she displayed.
Coincidentally enough that actually came up on Twitter and Gigi crushed your hopes and dreams as if they were nerds :(

Skyler Barwell posted:

I like to think she only drew the first picture just then, and just had the rest prepared.

G☆I☆G☆I posted:

@SkylerBarwell nah, she's a fast artist

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
How can this page be topped? I'm not sure it can. I think we've peaked. I just don't see how a page could be better than this.

Aaaah. I kinda want one of those parfait drawings as an avatar, but I think it has to wait a few days.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

heenato posted:

How can this page be topped? I'm not sure it can. I think we've peaked. I just don't see how a page could be better than this.

You fool! You're channeling dark forces you can't even begin to comprehend!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Drakyn posted:

Coincidentally enough that actually came up on Twitter and Gigi crushed your hopes and dreams as if they were nerds :(

Dang it.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

heenato posted:

Aaaah. I kinda want one of those parfait drawings as an avatar, but I think it has to wait a few days.

Well, time to close the thread. I would have liked to see the rest of the plot, but we can't get better than this.

Now watch as the next page has NK being roped into the Greatest Tea Party of All Time.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Calling it, next page is NK blushing and we all regret buying our avatars too early.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's going to freak out and exit stage left.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
He's gonna don a fedora and lecture her about why he shouldn't be friend-zoned.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

J.A.B.C. posted:

How can my Nightmare Knight be this cute?

Also, my wife is convinced he is at least related to Mega Gengar, due to the stubby legs and spiky arms.

For comparison:

Unfortunately, his design has been around for a few years before Pokemon X/Y was a thing.

However, your question helped me learn something important:

So that's good!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
NK's eyes are wide right now because he's surprised, but his usual squint is because he really needs glasses to see well and doesn't want to wear them because they make him look like a big dumb nerd.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
this might have been the most :3: page of a comic ever

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
This page isn't :3:, you guys. It's :kimchi:.

Have some fanart:

http://kbearart.tumblr.com/post/82162286391/dork-lord-intensifies

http://mazrilin.tumblr.com/post/82160154994/quick-speedpaint-of-my-faves-3

http://beesmygod.tumblr.com/post/82144836365/nightmare-knight-is-real-he-is-real-and-he-is-my

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

quote:

nightmare knight is real. he is real and he is my FRIEND.

Good.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Threw this together but haven't a clue what the title should be. Ideas?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Saigyouji posted:

Marceline has spiky shoulders!

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Saigyouji posted:

'Friends 'ave fun together.'

Alternatively, "what's that princess? At karaoke with your friend?

Have fun."

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Meowjesty posted:

'Friends 'ave fun together.'

Alternatively, "what's that princess? At karaoke with your friend?

Have fun."

Well, guess you can't go wrong with the obvious! (But seriously, thanks. Somehow that one completely slipped my mind.)

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I'm loving how many avatars are coming out of Parfait Adventures. :3:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I just snatched up this avatar and came up with the dumbest pun I could possibly think of. :haw:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I thought this comic couldn't get any better but I was wrong, I was so very wrong :3:

Nightmare Knight and Princess Parfait: BFF's 4 LIFE

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I am really curious to see why he is so worried about it.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

thechosenone posted:

I am really curious to see why he is so worried about it.

He's freaking out because Princess Parfait is going off the script.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
When I think about it that way, it makes me wonder how he acted before he got used to doing the same thing over and over again. Did he just act like a generic evil dude or something?

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Wow. I thought I was prepared for whatever curveball GG was gonna throw at us next, but this Nightmare Knight and Parfait thing is just egregiously cute. Really curious about what happens when the script he and the Oracle are pushing gets taken too far off the rails, but I hope it doesn't happen through Cucumber burning down a town or something.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

mr. stefan posted:

He's freaking out because Princess Parfait is going off the script.

It could also be that the Nightmare Knight instead of some super evil "Binding the hero into the new NK" is literally just the last hero told by the dream oracle how Incredibly important it is to pretend to be evil, like how almond eats up the legendary hero shtick hook line and sinker.

Edit: I was trying to say less that the Nightmare night isn't even obligated into this whole being evil deal (considering he seems to be able to go off script as well) He's just being mislead? I guess the difference would be being stuck as the NK and basically being told you have to be the NK.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Apr 10, 2014

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I'm not sure how that's different from what mr. stefan said.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Stormgale posted:

It could also be that the Nightmare Knight instead of some super evil "Binding the hero into the new NK" is literally just the last hero told by the dream oracle how Incredibly important it is to pretend to be evil, like how almond eats up the legendary hero shtick hook line and sinker.

Edit: I was trying to say less that the Nightmare night isn't even obligated into this whole being evil deal (considering he seems to be able to go off script as well) He's just being mislead? I guess the difference would be being stuck as the NK and basically being told you have to be the NK.
This would explain his efforts to do things like keep Noisemaster from doing anything actually serious.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The saga continues.

Man I wish I had $5 to just throw away on an avatar but even if I did what would I pick???? They're all so :3:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

WHO loving GUESSED BLUSHING? I loving GUESSED BLUSHING.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-492/

it just gets better

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Aw, adorable tiny NK. This cannot get any better.

Until the next page, which will inevitably surpass this one in quality and adorableness.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Haha, Parfait's face as she gamely prepares to start explaining another basic concept. This whole sequence has been amazing.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Why is gigi so good at panel transitions? :allears:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Just watch as we find out that the Nightmare Knight's dad was just like Cabbage. Hell, maybe he was even Cabbage's ancestor.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Oh god. That drawing. That balloon. It's so good.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Parfait, you're perfect. Never change.

E: wait, Goddammit, for once I didn't do that on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

What really is getting me is this: we could sooooort of kind of guess that this intermission would contain something along the lines of "Parfait and Nightmare Knight get to know one another better." Yes, we didn't have even the vaguest suspicions it would happen like this, but the idea at base was not an outrageous one.
The next intermission, by contrast, we are going to be walking into without the slightest loving clue of what to expect.