Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That's a lot of words about a website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
I had no feelings about Chris Carmozzi before this, but he's now solidly in the cool guy column. It's too bad that he's bad enough to get decisioned by Lorenz Larkin.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Grifter posted:

I had no feelings about Chris Carmozzi before this, but he's now solidly in the cool guy column. It's too bad that he's bad enough to get decisioned by Lorenz Larkin.

He's always been a cool guy who is really tough and has okay fights but won't go anywhere in the division. Like a MW Sam Stout.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
It's cool that he did a nice thing but "mw sam stout" is extremely generous

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pretty sure FS1 is about the break the news on Ronda vs. Gina in a few minutes.

Edit: They teased it like they were gonna announce Ronda's next fight and then they just ended up talking about Gina possibly returning. I've been hoodwinked.

Edit 2: Ok now they ran some actual news. Reem is gonna join Jackson/Winkeljohn.

is pepsi ok fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 10, 2014

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ronda with the sly JBJ dis.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Lord Waffle Beard is a good poster

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

MassRafTer posted:

It might do well live because it's Vancouver, but if it does better than the Hendo/Evans show on PPV it will be a success.

Last Vancouver didn't do nearly as well as the first and scalpers were selling tickets for below face value on the day of the show. 174 is going to have Rory, who is a hometown boy, so that will help, but DJ/Bagautinov is a big step down from Carwin/JDS.

131 had Weidman on the undercard, and despite seeing it live, I have no memory of that fight at all :psyduck:

Meat Recital fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 10, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

obeyasia posted:

Ronda with the sly JBJ dis.

Sorry Honda, she is just coming off the street.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Pretty sure FS1 is about the break the news on Ronda vs. Gina in a few minutes.

Edit: They teased it like they were gonna announce Ronda's next fight and then they just ended up talking about Gina possibly returning. I've been hoodwinked.

Edit 2: Ok now they ran some actual news. Reem is gonna join Jackson/Winkeljohn.

I expect that'll go just as well as their last chinny heavyweight who looks like an action figure

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I'm more disappointed in the fact that Schaub/Overeem can't happen now.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Looking forward to photos of Jones being the same size as Overeem side by side.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

Nick Diaz relayed before and after UFC 171 that he’s ready to return to action, but it remains to be seen if the welterweight will take the promotion’s latest offer.

According to multiple reports, UFC President Dana White relayed at a media luncheon today in Los Angeles, that the organization has offered Diaz a bout with Hector Lombard. White claims that Diaz intially expressed an interest in the fight, but that since then, he hasn’t “heard” from the accomplished fighter.

That fight could go a number of ways, all of them stupid

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

That fight could go a number of ways, all of them stupid

Oh god please make this 5 rounds

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Not that Diaz deserves the fight but I'd like to see lawler get a chance at revenge

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
How bad do you think Nick would lose to Hendricks?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
In most scenarios I see Diaz losing to Lombard but it's possible that Diaz could win a decision if he avoided getting taken down by Lombard, not very likely however. Diaz has the chin to avoid getting KO'd by Lombard and he would probably land more strikes since Hector is notorious for either gassing or being tentative as fights go on.

Diaz vs Lawler II is the fight to make but Lombard isn't a terrible matchup, really. A match with Maia would make the most sense given their losing streaks but UFC wants Diaz to fight for the title as soon as possible.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I think there's no way Lombard could avoid gassing and getting knocked out in a 5 round fight.

If it's 3 rounds it probably looks like the Shields fight.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
No way Lombard/Diaz isn't a 5 rounder

Winner gets a title shot lol

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Actually I could totally see UFC putting Lombard/Diaz as the 3 round co-main to either Johny's first defense or Ronda Rousey's next defense, both slated for late summer. It's a big enough fight to help push PPVs but not enough to carry one alone, and would be a waste on anything other than a FOX show.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

gimpsuitjones posted:

No way Lombard/Diaz isn't a 5 rounder

Winner gets a title shot lol

+ It's against Tyron Woodley

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Yeah, this has been a thing in private for a while. People like to have someone to blame when bad things happen, especially if you can blame somebody you don't like already. Apparently Robert had tried to go after Ian a couple times in public. Ian "promised" that if Robert ever makes it back to the UFC he'd fight him at 135.

I'd known Shane pretty well for 10+ years and he had a drug hobby for all of them. There's nothing to Robert's accusation, as far as I can tell. My guess is Robert wants to use this as a way back into the UFC.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lloyd Boner posted:

Cool fight. Will be interesting to see if all the Fox fights made Mighty Mouse into a big enough name to do a decent number on PPV.

Also hope this means Aldo-Mendes 2 headlines the San Jose card.

I'm a pretty casual MMA fan, albeit one's that's weirdly informed in certain limited regards due to having an Observer subscription. Mighty Mouse might be my favorite fighter Now that Anderson's gone at least for the time being.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

On Wednesday, UFC president Dana White said he offered Nick Diaz a fight against Hector Lombard and was waiting to hear back from him.

"I tried to make Nick and Lombard," White said. "Nick and I talked, and I haven't heard back from him, he went MIA."

However, in a rare interview on Wednesday, Diaz told MMAFighting that he has already made his intentions and expectations clear.

"I never considered anything other than to renegotiate my contract or fight Johny Hendricks," he said. "All I said was, What am I getting paid? And he said, Let me check your contract. And the last text I got from him was what I would be fighting for. I didn't consider fighting for that kind of money. I didn't say anything back to him, right, but usually that means something. I'm not considering even for a second fighting any of those guys for less than $500,000. There's no way.

"I'm retired. Completely retired. Unless the UFC wants to renegotiate for something I'm happy with or I'm going to be fighting for the world title, which is obviously going to be for something I'm happy with because I'll make a ton of money.

"The UFC wants me to fight. The people want me to fight. I don't want me to fight. So if we're going to need me to fight, we're going to have to work out the right deal."

Last month, at UFC 171 in Dallas, Diaz told the media that he was interested in fighting again, but the 30-year-old, who last fought in March 2013, revealed on Wednesday that he is in no rush to return to action anytime soon and never wanted to fight in the first place.

"I'm not in love with fighting. I never was. That's crazy. I don't love to fight; I don't want to fight. I get my rear end beat more when I win a fight than when I lose. I know you don't want to get your rear end beat. I feel the same way. I feel the exact same way about retirement. I could give a f*ck.

"I'm not going backwards in this sport ever, especially in pay. Why would I? To get my rear end whooped? No. I would rather work at Wal-Mart. I have enough money to buy a nice house, do some gigs, save some money. I feel like this whole popularity thing keeps escalating, too. It's weird. Everywhere I go, I get stopped. If I make eye contact with someone, they're like, Whoa, you're Nick Diaz! So I could do signings for a while.

"But I'm not so sure my heart was ever in it. I don't know what that means. If I'm getting paid what I want to get paid, hell yeah I'm into it. I'm not into it if it's not worth it to me. If they want to renegotiate, I like that. But if not, then I don't give a sh*t. I never loved fighting. I never wanted to fight. That's probably why I come off the way I do. These guys, either they're all a bunch of freaks and weirdos or they put on a front. I do martial arts. They line up a guy to fight, so that's who I fight.

"I got my rear end kicked in a sandbox by some kid when I was six years old. This Mexican kid whooped my rear end. I was so pissed. I was bleeding, sand all over mouth. I was so pissed. I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it now. It's all fun and games until you get in there and try to fight somebody."

Naturally, Diaz has been paying close attention to his brother's ongoing issues with the UFC, and like any good, older sibling, he feels somewhat responsible for getting his young brother Nate in this predicament to begin with.

"You see this stuff about my brother right now? I gotta watch him go through that bullsh*t. It's kinda harsh. That's my brother. That's my fault that he's even in this. He doesn't want to fight either, but he's not going to get a job at Wal-Mart, and he didn't make a million dollars his last fight. So he doesn't have a lot of options, and I don't like that. Something needs to be done about that, especially when you have someone as entertaining as my brother."

Diaz, who has been fighting for almost 13 years, feels he has nothing to prove to anyone in MMA. So it all comes down to that contract. If he can't get what he feels he deserves, he's at peace with never fighting again.

"I'm ready to fight for the right money. It's worth maybe getting your face smashed in for that much money. But for less, I'd rather get a regular job and be that guy who used to fight, made a title run, Showtime/Strikeforce champion. What are they going to say? Oh, he was a never a UFC champion. I don't really give a f*ck. I was never getting my rear end whooped either.

"I'm going to go to that [Manny] Pacquiao fight [Saturday night in Las Vegas]. I'm going to be the only UFC fighter there. Watch. What a bunch of ignorant motherf*ckers. They're all fighting, but they don't understand boxing. They don't watch boxing. When people knock people out [in MMA], it's by accident. And then they go crazy. Have you ever seen me knock somebody out and make a big scene? Hell no. I threw my hands up and walk around pissed off because, f*ck, that could have been me. That wasn't fun."

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
I think that's the most lucid/makes sense thing I've ever read coming out of Diaz's mouth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Looks like we better start an indiegogo if we ever want Nick to fight.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
And half of it is still rambling nonsense.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

And half of it is still rambling nonsense.

that's why he's cool

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
he said he has enough for a nice house

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Marching Powder posted:

He still hasn't taken the classes on how to buy it though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marching Powder posted:

He just can't find one in Stockton or Lodi :(

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Someone needs to pamper Nick Diaz's poo poo out asap

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Marching Powder posted:

Anderson was a shock, GSP/Hendricks and the hiatus was pretty wild but reading Nick Diaz quoted as saying "I have enough money to buy a nice house" really made me feel like it's a new era.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I wonder if UFC forced Nick Diaz to heckle Johny Hendricks at the 171 weigh-ins too.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Mike Kogan keeps giving him the classifieds to Beverly Hills with the names whited out and replaced with "STOCKTON" in crayon.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Nick Diaz would beat Hector Lombard take the fight Nick.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The fight library on fight pass is a lot better now.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Anderson was a shock, GSP/Hendricks and the hiatus was pretty wild but reading Nick Diaz quoted as saying "I have enough money to buy a nice house" really made me feel like it's a new era.

But what about all his back taxes?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

‏@SBNLukeThomas 4m
As @NotoriousNewell pointed out, James Toney was paid $500k for his UFC 118 co-main event appearance. Eventual buyrate: 535k.

Pay Diaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
"I don't love to fight, I don't want to fight" is indeed something coming from a guy who jumped his opponent in a hospital because he was pissed about the decision.

• Locked thread