Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Piell posted:

New Resource: Argon Crystal. A Void Only Resource from the Orokin Age that decays over time (a half-life of one day). Use it quickly in any gear that requires this Resource!

Get hosed DE
Can't wait to literally never be able to build whatever requires this resource

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
Orokin Lab room build reqs:
100k credits
23k circuits
15 forma
80k ferrite
35k polymer bundle

It's basically done already, just needs a few more forma

Emy fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 10, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tenno Katana research requires 10,000 Oxium for Goon Clan. :stare:

[edit] Zorencoptering seems fine btw.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

Piell posted:

New Resource: Argon Crystal. A Void Only Resource from the Orokin Age that decays over time (a half-life of one day). Use it quickly in any gear that requires this Resource!

Get hosed DE

Well that's cute.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

And that is just the reasearch. :sigh:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Galaga Galaxian posted:

And that is just the reasearch. :sigh:

That's pretty low, I could almost build that personally.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

You have 50 forma sitting around?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Only like 16, I've been using a bunch lately.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Can anyone play with anyone else?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is it a bug on my end or when your melee weapon is out, does the attack button not actually switch to being the mouse buttons and keeps on being your old melee attack button? Pressing mouse buttons with a sword out makes my screen shake like an earthquake.

VVV That seems pretty weird the button you use least - you know, attacking things - isn't right there on your mouse where you can hammer it. :what:

Pierson fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 10, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Pierson posted:

Is it a bug on my end or when your melee weapon is out, does the attack button not actually switch to being the mouse buttons and keeps on being your old melee attack button? Pressing mouse buttons with a sword out makes my screen shake like an earthquake.

Mouse 1 when your weapon equip is now Channeling, which boosts damage by using up a bit of energy.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Ha -- had a Prosecutor spawn in Ceres that was weak to electricity, and insta-kill it with my Volt's #1.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
So, what drops stance mods? They seem to be the back bone of the new melee changes yet I have no loving clue on where to get one.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Stance mod list. PM if you've got additions.

code:
Bleeding Willow       RARE        Nef Anyo
Burning Wasp          UNCOMMON    Grineer Regulators (floating loudspeaker things)
Brutal Tide           RARE        Corpus Techs
Clashing Forest       UNCOMMON    Corpus Elite Crewmen
Cleaving Whirlwind    RARE        Corpus Moas
Coiling Viper         RARE        Corpus Leech Ospreys
Crimson Dervish       RARE        Corpus Prod Crewmen
Crossing Snakes       RARE        Corpus Mine Ospreys
Crushing Ruin         RARE        Corpus Railgun Moas, Jackal
Flailing Branch       RARE        ???
Fracturing Wind       UNCOMMON    Corpus Crewmen (Brown)
Gleaming Talon        RARE        ???
Gnashing Payara       RARE        Corpus Shockwave Moas
Grim Fury             UNCOMMON    Corpus Crewmen (White)
Homing Fang           UNCOMMON    Corpus Sniper Crewmen
Iron Phoenix          RARE        Corpus Fusion Moas
Pointed Wind          RARE        Grineer Butchers
Reaping Spiral        UNCOMMON    ???
Rending Crane         UNCOMMON    Grineer Flameblades
Seismic Palm          RARE        Grineer Elite Lancers
Shattering Storm      UNCOMMON    Grineer Ballistas
Sinking Talon         UNCOMMON    Kela de Thaym
Stalking Fan          RARE        Sargas Ruk
Sundering Weave       UNCOMMON    Grineer Scorpion
Swirling Tiger        UNCOMMON    Grineer Napalm
Tranquil Cleave       RARE        ???
True Punishment       UNCOMMON    ???

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

If nothing else, I love those names.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Way to dilute the drop tables even more.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I might have to start playing again so I can try and use the new resource before they are gone.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's The Gooneer is an invalid alliance name since it contains an apostrophe. Current (possibly temporary) alliance name is New Butt Order, which somehow made it past the filters.

Edit: I'm going to hold off on getting other clans into the alliance until things have settled a bit/research stuff has finished and a final name is determined.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I'm all for proper grammar, but I think you could just leave out the apostrophe.

It looks like a bunch of stances are survival/defense rewards, because they don't even have a "?" in the codex, what a way to make the long awaited melee update super tepid, make people search and grind for the mods that let you use the new system at all.

Also, it seems you can desecrate the prosecutors that drop the beacons to get a second one with each kill, take advantage of this while you can, because if I know DE it will be gone in a hotfix tomorrow.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Were you always able to buy the Shamrock color set for 1000 credits? I thought it was a limited thing.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Wow, watch out for G3 -- they are buggy as heck now. They can take multiple minutes to spawn, and they'll spawn in a group and then instantly unload a bunch of shots at once, alpha-striking you.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Cool, more Uncommon stuff on the Scorpion loot table. Because trying to get a Master Thief wasn't annoying enough already for me :(

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

It's The Gooneer is an invalid alliance name since it contains an apostrophe. Current (possibly temporary) alliance name is New Butt Order, which somehow made it past the filters.

Edit: I'm going to hold off on getting other clans into the alliance until things have settled a bit/research stuff has finished and a final name is determined.

Gooneer Dominance is Inevitable? v:v:v

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

So I maxed out my Shattering Storm and now it is no longer considered a valid mod for the stance slot. Bring on the hotfixes baby.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

AndroidHub posted:

I'm all for proper grammar, but I think you could just leave out the apostrophe.

It looks like a bunch of stances are survival/defense rewards, because they don't even have a "?" in the codex, what a way to make the long awaited melee update super tepid, make people search and grind for the mods that let you use the new system at all.

Also, it seems you can desecrate the prosecutors that drop the beacons to get a second one with each kill, take advantage of this while you can, because if I know DE it will be gone in a hotfix tomorrow.
Yeah I some something to this effect (less eloquently and with less words) back when we found out that the default stances wouldn't have combos at all. poo poo's loving dumb.

tornjinx
Apr 10, 2014
I signed up and received the invite to the clan earlier in the day, but it would seem the update doesn't take kindly to people who joined a clan shortly before the update's release and has dropped me out of the clan. Should I just sign up for the clan again?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Did you send in your essay?

It's a very important part of the process to gain membership.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

My ghost clan (and I'm sure most others) will have research finished - including the rails - almost as fast as humanly possible. Let us in. :(

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sighence posted:

My ghost clan (and I'm sure most others) will have research finished - including the rails - almost as fast as humanly possible. Let us in. :(
I'll sort it out in the morning/once a consensus is reached on the name since I'm at work right now and any high level management stuff is gonna need to wait until I get home.

tornjinx posted:

I signed up and received the invite to the clan earlier in the day, but it would seem the update doesn't take kindly to people who joined a clan shortly before the update's release and has dropped me out of the clan. Should I just sign up for the clan again?
You should probably wait a while before reapplying. Applying to a goon clan on the same day as you register your SA account is generally frowned upon.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Apr 10, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

- Removed Credits and all Resources (except Orokin Cell for now) from all Void Endless mission types reward pool (Survival/Defense).

Finally!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Question.

I was playing the Apollodorus mission last night grinding to gets a few bits and bobs to upgrade stuff and initially started out on my own. During the mission I had another chap turn up and we were doing fairly well at which point two more turned up and things got a little frantic with Grineer in masses turning up fairly constantly. During the latter part of the mission all three of them dropped and I was left on my own, the stream of Grineer unending and still in large quantities so as I started to get hosed I made a run for the exit...

Does the amount of enemies scale with the amount of players or is it always the same? I was definitely massively outnumbered, they were coming out of the god drat walls...

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So over half of the combos for these stances were things that already existed in the game - jump attack, spam attack, downed enemy attack, wall attack, slide attack...etc. What's left is an unusually long combo, for my ceramic dagger it was E-E-E-HOLD E-E. By the time I'm done with E-E-E-HOLD E-E (which would maybe kill a guy, it looked like a pretty unimpressive front flip), I could have molecular primed the entire room.

So yeah the entire combo system underwhelmed me. There's so much in this update that it's kind of a minor thing though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought Valkyr and Dual Ether Swords just before Melee 2.0 came out tonight. Holy poo poo, this is the most satisfying setup ever. The only annoying thing is the floating Corpus drones, which due to how aerial melee works, you can never really hit them. So I have to pull out a gun and shoot them and switch back, which kills the mood. Oh well, Hysteria is still the funnest ability ever.

Also, the Level 3 Melee-only training is now broken and doesn't let you actually wield your melee weapon. If you have a stun ability you can try and use that, but I ran out of energy before I could beat it. Maybe if I had a regen mod or something.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

88h88 posted:

Does the amount of enemies scale with the amount of players or is it always the same? I was definitely massively outnumbered, they were coming out of the god drat walls...
Most normal missions either don't scale or the scaling is fairly minor. The "dense" mission types like mobile defense and survival do scale based on number of players. In addition, endless modes like Survival and Defense also scale based on your survival time/wave count.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Stances kind of stop working after a bit, and don't allow you to put mods in a weapon. :v: They need to hotfix the hell out of this patch.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

my thoughts on the update

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

Why not just The Gooneer?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm not quite as extreme as I AM THE MOON but yeah goddamn some stuff needs fixing and some other stuff while not broken as-such are seriously just bad ideas.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope they don't nerf Hysteria's attack now having maximum attack speed. Maybe I like doing ~10 1000+ damage hits in less than a second?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Pierson posted:

I'm not quite as extreme as I AM THE MOON but yeah goddamn some stuff needs fixing and some other stuff while not broken as-such are seriously just bad ideas.

poo poo's always busted after major updates, give it a week or two for things to calm down.