Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

I want Liverpool to win because they are cool and good

same, op

Personally imo it's 1. Liverpool, 2. Liverpool, 3. Liverpool, 4. idk Liverpool I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:
I like Liverpool under Rodgers but I dislike scousers so I'm in a bit of a quandary tbh

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

1 - City
2 - Chelsea
3 - Liverpool

Order of who I'd rather win the league this year.

Chelsea first for me. For some reason I enjoy seeing Mourinho win stuff. Liverpool definitely 3rd though.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Spiffeh posted:

I like Liverpool under Rodgers but I dislike scousers so I'm in a bit of a quandary tbh

I'd be very okay with Liverpool winning the league if Liverpool fans didn't exist

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

Chelsea first for me. For some reason I enjoy seeing Mourinho win stuff. Liverpool definitely 3rd though.

Once Terry and Ashley Cole are gone, Chelsea will have a pretty likable squad too. Then the worst they'll have is Hazard kicking a ball boy, which was hilarious.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I want Liverpool to win because scousers are the funniest best people with the biggest penises.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Don't really care who wins, but I'd say Liverpool "deserve" it the most imo. They've played the best football, and are brilliantly entertaining too.

It would also cause some incredible meltdowns from a certain set of fans...

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

not not luvd posted:

1 - City
2 - Chelsea
3 - Liverpool

Order of who I'd rather win the league this year.

Why on earth would you want Chelsea to win over Liverpool.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ravel posted:

Why on earth would you want Chelsea to win over Liverpool.

I don't like the fans. I don't want yet another club to climb above us. A whole bunch of reasons really.

I wouldn't be that upset if they did though purely because it would be make the season even worse for United fans and to be fair to them they've played brilliantly.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Liverpool winning the league the moment Ferguson has gone would be really funny

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

This plus United finishing like 7th with Fergie's hand-picked successor is the #1 reason any non-Pool fan should support us winning the league imo

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

kcer posted:

I'd be very okay with Liverpool winning the league if Liverpool fans didn't exist
That's pretty much the case for most teams though.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Headhunter posted:

The 80s was a magical time for football.

Um

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Liverpool has high quality weed and pills and they love a party OP so them for me.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jose posted:

It would be really good.

As someone who doesn't really follow the Premier very closely I'd like Liverpool to win. Every time I've seen them play this season they've played attractive, fast football that's exciting to watch.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

JFairfax posted:

Liverpool has high quality pills and they love a party OP so them for me.

This is false

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

8raz posted:

I want Liverpool to win because scousers are the funniest best people with the biggest penises.

Weird I always thought you were a scouser

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

8raz posted:

That's just the women.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want Liverpool to win the league because Chelsea is a oval office and it would annoy the Man Utd fans the most.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

it was the case 10 years ago when I was at uni living in kensington and we were getting a quarter delivered (white widow, purple haze, all that dank dam poo poo) for £35 playing insane amounts of stoned pro eve and heading out to chibuku and garlands to get mashed up

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dudley posted:

That's just the women.

Scouse women's natural habitat.

you can tell it's liverpool because of the purple bins.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JFairfax posted:

Scouse women's natural habitat.

you can tell it's liverpool because of the purple bins.
but they haven't been nicked yet so who knows

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I can't understand why neutrals want the oil clubs to win the league over Liverpool. Liverpool are easily the most likeable of the title contenders.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Thirteenth Step posted:

I can't understand why neutrals want the oil clubs to win the league over Liverpool. Liverpool are easily the most likeable of the title contenders.

Liverpool fans.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Thirteenth Step posted:

Steven Gerrard.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Carrier posted:

Liverpool fans.

wow i thought we were friends

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Thirteenth Step posted:

Most of the Liverpool fans on here seem alright, but the ones I know in real life are simply the worst.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Most fans of every club are the worst, hth

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Thirteenth Step posted:

maybe they really hate stock broker clubs

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Liverpool fans during the Rafa, Hodgson, and Dalglish years were the most annoying thing on the face of the earth. They've gotten more tolerable with Rodgers around.

e: and I also thought that the way liverpool handled the suarez/evra thing was pretty hosed up and still hold that against them.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
We're all proud ABUs here the important thing is that Manchester United won't be winning the league

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Chelsea and City will be competing for the title for a while yet, regardless of what anyone else does. If Liverpool win the league, their chances of continuing to compete go up. Suarez is more likely to stay, more big signings are more likely, etc. I'd rather Arsenal only have to rely on a total meltdown at two clubs rather than three clubs to have any kind of shot at a title in the near future. Liverpool have too much quality for me to unreservedly hope they do well and have a better shot at improving even further.

Blue Screen Error posted:

We're all proud ABUs here the important thing is that Manchester United won't be winning the league

This too

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I don't see anyway Suarez leaves liverpool, they're all but guaranteed champions league football next year, hes the main man in the team that could end up winning the title and it would take Bale esque money for Liverpool to even consider selling him

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

TelekineticBear! posted:

I don't see anyway Suarez leaves liverpool, they're all but guaranteed champions league football next year, hes the main man in the team that could end up winning the title and it would take Bale esque money for Liverpool to even consider selling him

He'll get a season long ban somehow

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TelekineticBear! posted:

I don't think it's likely either. But maybe after next year, if/when he doesn't have as ridiculous a season, and Liverpool are only champions league hopefuls rather than coming off a title win.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lassanna Diarra has come out and denied being the jihadist in Syria.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Liverpool winning the league would be horrible.

I remember how smug all the Liverpool supporters I know were the last time, this will be worse.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
What exactly do sports psychologists say to players in this situation where the title race is still so tight? Have any players' memoirs ever explored that problem? For example, how did Ferguson or Mourinho get players over the line?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Grimble posted:

Liverpool winning the league would be horrible.

I remember how smug all the Liverpool supporters I know were the last time, this will be worse.

You're old lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Thirteenth Step posted:

Liverpools owners let the CIA use their planes to ferry around kidnapees between torture sites so any moral argument is a bit silly. Also because nobody cares.

I'm willing to let 2006 go for just this once so everyone else can just deal with it imo. It'll be painful seeing Gerrard win something but tolerable. John Terry winning anything is never tolerable.

• Locked thread