Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Patch notes.

quote:

This is the first patch for FTL: Advanced Edition. Its focus has been on critical issues,
and on some small mistakes that were easily remedied. It is currently live on Steam, and
will make it to other venders within a few days.

We're still working on some critical iPad issues before submitting these fixes to Apple,
so there will be a delay for getting it on iPads.

v. 1.5.10 -- Steam Release

Critical Fixes:
-Mac OS X version 10.5.8 is supported once again
-Fixed crash when purchasing Clonebay when player had a Zoltan in their Medbay
-Fixed possible crash and slowdowns when the Backup Battery took damage
-Fixed crash when loading a save from after the Flagship Construction battle
-Fixed possible crash and slowdowns when the Backup Battery took damage
-Added crash protection for mind controlling in Flagship artillery rooms that are full

General Fixes
-Zoltan Cruiser unlock quest fixed
-Fixed one cause of incorrectly saving an event, resulting in loading a different result
-Fixed: Couldn't counter mind control on your crew if enemy ship had an Energy Shield
-Fixed: Enemy crew in isolated rooms (Flagship Artillery) could not damage player crew
-Fixed: Advance Edition Stores never stocked a Clonebay if player was capped on systems
-Fixed: Non-AE FTL Stores would have excess, empty system spaces & warn of the sys. cap
-Fixed: Quitting mid-jump would create an unreliable save file
-Fixed: Hard Mode would generate unbeatable Final Stand sectors
-Possible Fix: Infinite Mind Control should no longer happen
-Possible Fix: Hacking not draining shields should no longer happen
-Kestrel's Full Arsenal Achievement fixed
-Mind controlled enemies count as intruders for computing if a beacon is 'safe'
-Minor positioning of clonebay/medbay art and blocked spaces fixed
-Fixed Defense Drone II not shooting at asteroids
-Fixed Rock Achievement #2 -- Allows Swarm Missiles now
-Fixed art for the Vulcan Chain Laser and Kestrel C's Medbay
-Fixed: Closing menus won't also interact with your drones / weapons
-Fixed pulsar background when dynamic backgrounds is disabled
-Minor event/text fixes
-Excess logging removed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Oh hey, guess I'm not gonna get the Zoltan unlock quest any more :v:

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Is there a cheat or a mod to get your ship to start off with full upgrades ect?

I fancy trying a Battlestar Galactica type scenario where you start fully upgraded and things just get worse and worse the further you go.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Fuuuuuuuuck this game is kicking my rear end :negative:

First time I fought the flagship I got to the final form easily. This time I got crushed right at the start, even though I'd been playing much better up until then.

I didn't think those hack drones were a problem since they'd just been annoying up until now. This time though, the hack drone immediately latched onto my weapons system and fried it. With my halberd beam down, I couldn't get it off. I had no chance of beating the ship. I thought my point defense drone would help but apparently "defends against enemy drones" does not include the drone loving your main gun. During this time I get hit by every missile in the galaxy and pretty soon half the ship is on fire.

Then I remember I can jump out. I can port out, regroup, and then come back for round 2 without that drone loving everything up. Sure my weapons expert died in a fire but I can probably still salvage this!

Nope. Everyone died horribly. Drone trapped the pilot while she burned to death in the cockpit, but it wouldn't of mattered either way. And the worst part is, if I'd saved that 1 power missile launcher you start with, I probably could of beaten this easily :suicide:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Muppetjedi posted:

I fancy trying a Battlestar Galactica type scenario where you start fully upgraded and things just get worse and worse the further you go.

Play the Infinite Space mod.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck this game is kicking my rear end :negative:

First time I fought the flagship I got to the final form easily. This time I got crushed right at the start, even though I'd been playing much better up until then.

I didn't think those hack drones were a problem since they'd just been annoying up until now. This time though, the hack drone immediately latched onto my weapons system and fried it. With my halberd beam down, I couldn't get it off. I had no chance of beating the ship. I thought my point defense drone would help but apparently "defends against enemy drones" does not include the drone loving your main gun. During this time I get hit by every missile in the galaxy and pretty soon half the ship is on fire.

Then I remember I can jump out. I can port out, regroup, and then come back for round 2 without that drone loving everything up. Sure my weapons expert died in a fire but I can probably still salvage this!

Nope. Everyone died horribly. Drone trapped the pilot while she burned to death in the cockpit, but it wouldn't of mattered either way. And the worst part is, if I'd saved that 1 power missile launcher you start with, I probably could of beaten this easily :suicide:

Holy gently caress I can relate to this feeling so hard. So close yet so farA

To get through the first phase of the flagship easier I would really recommend a teleporter to start boarding. You had plenty of scrap. Then you board the weapons and destroy the crew and the weapon itself. This makes life much easier. I recommend loving over the missile part first. Also investing in a defense drone is always nice against missiles against that part and the boarding drone in the next phase.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

boredsatellite posted:

Holy gently caress I can relate to this feeling so hard. So close yet so farA

To get through the first phase of the flagship easier I would really recommend a teleporter to start boarding. You had plenty of scrap. Then you board the weapons and destroy the crew and the weapon itself. This makes life much easier. I recommend loving over the missile part first. Also investing in a defense drone is always nice against missiles against that part and the boarding drone in the next phase.

Use teleporting to destory the missles first, ions second and beam last. You have to leave the laser gunner alone because the next step is to kill everyone in the ship proper. If you kill the laser gunner, the autopilot takes over, and it will repair any system damage you do. With one ineffectual guy left, you're free to teleport over in stages 2 and 3 and beat up on whatever system you want without hassle.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought my point defense drone would help but apparently "defends against enemy drones" does not include the drone loving your main gun.

The Anti-drone drone shoots down beam and combat drones that fly around your ship and shoot at it. It won't shoot at drones that actually try and hit your ship like Boarding drones and the Hacking drone. The defence drone shoots those.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

cock hero flux posted:

The Anti-drone drone shoots down beam and combat drones that fly around your ship and shoot at it. It won't shoot at drones that actually try and hit your ship like Boarding drones and the Hacking drone. The defence drone shoots those.

Honestly I think the anti-drone drone is my new favorite drone. It would be the fire drone if it cost 2 power, but I simply can't justify three power for something that I can't target and can't time that only works when the shields are down. Fire drone has a very specific window of usefulness for a very high power cost, while the anti-drone drone has a very specific window of usefulness for a very low power cost.

Though, to be fair, I've not yet managed to put together a multiple ion weapon + fire drone combo.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Fire Drone has met smashing success with the Rock B ship. Send firebomb to shields, send rockmen boarders. Soon everything is on fire

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Che Delilas posted:

Honestly I think the anti-drone drone is my new favorite drone. It would be the fire drone if it cost 2 power, but I simply can't justify three power for something that I can't target and can't time that only works when the shields are down. Fire drone has a very specific window of usefulness for a very high power cost, while the anti-drone drone has a very specific window of usefulness for a very low power cost.

Though, to be fair, I've not yet managed to put together a multiple ion weapon + fire drone combo.

On Rock B I managed to get 2 ion blast 2s and the fire drone.

Everything was on fire.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Have a defense drone I or II is almost essential to win against the last boss if you don't have cloaking. It's immensely useful.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

boredsatellite posted:

Fire Drone has met smashing success with the Rock B ship. Send firebomb to shields, send rockmen boarders. Soon everything is on fire

Yeah but at that point I already have the fire bomb and rock boarders, which means I ignore shields entirely and go after something threatening like weapons or the medbay. I suppose I could just go for a theme and not simply try and go for a winning run, but I'm still at the point where I'm not comfortable faffing around.

cock hero flux posted:

On Rock B I managed to get 2 ion blast 2s and the fire drone.

Everything was on fire.

Yeah basically I'd have to luck into the perfect setup to justify the fire drone. Multiple good ion weapons + drone recovery arm bare minimum I think. Which is completely doable, it's just very specific and I haven't RNGed into that yet.

Che Delilas fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 10, 2014

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Beam drone II doesn't seem worth the power. It's 3 power and moves very slowly.

Is there an ion drone? That would be sweet!

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Also how's Defense II now that it's 3 power? Is 2x Defense II + 2x Anti-Drone/1x Defense I the ultimate turtle? :v:
E: well, if only I could have 4 drones...

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
There's an ion intruder drone. Costs three power, I think. Like the boarding drone, but instead of attacking crewmembers it moves from system to system every few seconds, letting out a 3 ion pulse that stuns any crew nearby.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Does healing bomb heal enemies too? Otherwise the slug B seems like a pain.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

omeg posted:

Also how's Defense II now that it's 3 power? Is 2x Defense II + 2x Anti-Drone/1x Defense I the ultimate turtle? :v:
E: well, if only I could have 4 drones...

I can't see any reason to use Defence 2, it wastes shots on things your shield can block and doesn't prioritize missiles that will pierce right through. Defence 1 uses less power and only shoots things that your shield won't block.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

tripwood posted:

Have a defense drone I or II is almost essential to win against the last boss if you don't have cloaking. It's immensely useful.

II wastes too many shots on things it shouldn't, so it's value is considerably less than I in the final boss.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Defense I has been nerfed significantly in AE. It'll often shoot at a missile right after it explodes.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

JayMax posted:

Defense I has been nerfed significantly in AE. It'll often shoot at a missile right after it explodes.

It always had a chance to do that, it depends on the positioning of the drone and the target of the missile.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

JayMax posted:

Right, but Defence 2 will shoot at the harmless lasers and the missile will just cruise right through.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Darth Windu posted:

Does healing bomb heal enemies too? Otherwise the slug B seems like a pain.

It doesn't, and yes it is a pain. Hope for an early med/clone bay and some extra crew before you run out of missiles.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
The trick is to depower it vs lasers and power it up again even a missile is coming.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
So, I uh, managed to get all the way to the final stage of the Flagship, without using any weapon other than the Flak Artillery and a two man boarding team.

I very quickly died to the third stage though! :v:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Finally.Only took me 90 hours and 280~ attempts. Got the vulcan cannon and the chain ion in the second to last sector and they just completely chewed through everything between me and the flagship. Then my hacking drone/2 gold mantis boarding crew were able to isolate and murder all the crew on the flagship. Screwed up though in that I left the beam guy alive and not the laser guy. Still didn't matter in the end I did enough damage to blow the flagship to hell.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

JayMax posted:

Do you have any source on that? The defense drone I is missing just as frequently as it always has.

To be clear, the defense drone never misses but it fails when:
-Shooting at another missile/asteroid + re-fire delay
-The missile approaches near the drone at a shallow (closer to perpendicular) angle so the radial velocity is too fast for the drone to track it's approach
-The drone is on the opposite side of the ship and it's shot doesn't reach the missile in time to intercept

I believe the size and shape of a ship affects defense drone consistency. For example the engi ships are small and the drone orbit is circular so the drone is rarely too far away to intercept a missile. However on ships like the mantis variants which are larger with elliptical drone orbits missiles will more frequently be outside the range of the defense drone. That's my theory at least; but regardless of ship size defense drones will still miss in cases where the radial velocity exceeds their tracking ability.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Is it possible to buy a door system for rock B? I would think so, since slug ships can buy sensor systems...

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Man, I love the beep boop sounds the Lanius make when they're repairing stuff. Very retro.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

super fart shooter posted:

Is it possible to buy a door system for rock B? I would think so, since slug ships can buy sensor systems...

Yes.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Muppetjedi posted:

You might be able to do it with the save editor and I know you can at least use it to give yourself a million scrap and just buy everything.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Do defense drones shoot down flak?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Just had an event where some scientists want help with their research, and there's a blue Lanius option that then allows you to pick between a weapon, aug or drone. Any idea what the actual rewards are?

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core

Mango Polo posted:

Just had an event where some scientists want help with their research, and there's a blue Lanius option that then allows you to pick between a weapon, aug or drone. Any idea what the actual rewards are?

I had this event. Based on the text I assume its random, I chose the augment and got the Engi Healing Field one.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I did a run earlier to unlock all of the Lanius achievements, and I successfully made it to flagship stage two.

It's probably fine!

Also Lanius + no oxygen is the best. Just fly around venting atmosphere constantly, with your O2 destroyed, and a bunch of breaches. If anyone boards you just dance around them for a sec and then they die, or mind control one of them to buy time.

Granted it kind of limits your crew and evasion options, but I'm OK with that.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Do defense drones shoot down flak?

They will only be able to shoot down one scrap of flak. They can't shoot down the entire cluster. Drone B ones only, since they don't count as missiles for the purpose of shooting them down.

Defense drones that shoot down enemy drones, well, you need to have them up BEFORE the enemy launches their hacking probe. They won't shoot down the probe when it's latched onto your system. It'd be like if you could shoot enemy boarding/invasion drones on your own ship.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So I was going for the Below 20% Oxygen achievement with the Lanius. Everything was going great, I had found the Crystal pod and had gotten a Crystal Crewmember, but then I took a wrong turn at the Engi Sector, and ended up in a Rock Controlled Sector. I don't even know if there was a Rock Homeworld in that game. And then, when I finally made it to Sector 7, I ran out of fuel and got killed by the Rebel Fleet.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Has anyone found a use for the repair burst? I can't imagine that thing ever being very practical

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Has anyone found a use for the repair burst? I can't imagine that thing ever being very practical

I would have wanted that anytime my shields took big old missile hit and I needed them back NOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

You know those times when your crew is stuck being healed by the medbay with your ship at 0% oxygen? That's when having a repair burst sitting idle on your weapons list would start looking really nice.

• Locked thread