Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

I just realized Andy Daly has never been on an I4H with Jason Mantzoukas and this really cheeses me off :mad:
Add Jessica St Claire and Lennon Parham and it will go to the history books.

Andy Daly did a Reddit AMA thing a while back and when someone asked him about Jason Mantzoukas he said CBB is basically the only thing he's ever done with him. It's weird considering how funny they are together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

It never fails, I always laugh my rear end off whenever one of Andy Daly's characters gets angry. Today my sides hurt after hearing "this is hard for me because I feel like I've been fffuCKED so many times...". He always sounds so delightfully pissed off, I love it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Happy Hedonist posted:

It never fails, I always laugh my rear end off whenever one of Andy Daly's characters gets angry. Today my sides hurt after hearing "this is hard for me because I feel like I've been fffuCKED so many times...". He always sounds so delightfully pissed off, I love it.

He's so good at just pointless, intense, rage.

"Do you know the street value of these mussels?!"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/10/science/scrap-of-papyrus-referring-to-jesus-wife-is-likely-to-be-ancient-scientists-say.html?hp&_r=0

"MY WIFE"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

:laffo: Jesus originated it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Gospel posted:

“Jesus said to them, ‘My wife...’ ”

holy poo poo, I'm a believer again

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

I saw this article in the paper yesterday and I made the joke in my head, and then laughed quietly to myself.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Seeing U talking U2 to me be so high up on the itunes charts all the time makes me unreasonably happy.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Goddamn, I love listening through old I4H episodes, there's so many sketches I've forgotten completely or large parts of and they still crack me up.

Especially anything with Eric the Intern, I just love his style of interviewing on the Zach Woods live episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-V-ztn_5s

Just the way he iniates them are so bafflingly direct it's hilarious.

:buddy: "Hey! Excuse me, sir! Hey, have you umm, ever broken a bone?"
:confused: - "Uhh, no."
:buddy: "Alright so tell me what is the biggest form of NCAA corruption you've ever witnessed.
:confused:- "Ummm"
:buddy: "I'm doing an interview for an Earwolf Podcast."
:confused: - "I'm still thinking.

e: I need to find the one where he does his "Okey dokie" and just jumps between questions not following through on any of them.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 12, 2014

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Zsinjeh posted:

Goddamn, I love listening through old I4H episodes, there's so many sketches I've forgotten completely or large parts of and they still crack me up.

Especially anything with Eric the Intern, I just love his style of interviewing on the Zach Woods live episode

:buddy: "Alright so tell me what is the biggest form of NCAA corruption you've ever witnessed.

e: I need to find the one where he does his "Okey dokie" and just jumps between questions not following through on any of them.

Gay marriage: yes or no?
Legalizing marijuana: yes or no?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Pro-choice: why or why not? I love that episode and just listened to it a couple of weeks ago. I think the episode is sixty-something and I believe that scene is on the Best of Vol 3 too.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Hahaha oh man I forgot about the yes/no thing, god that was so funny.
- "Yes/no?"
"Uhh yes"
- "Okie dokie"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zsinjeh posted:

It was for sure in one of the best of episodes because holy poo poo was that not the best.

"Pro-choice, why or why not?"
"What should the mascot of the LA Football team be?"

It was great hearing it the first time because Matt starts with a kinda condescending 'you know why we wanted you to do this right?' thing and at first I was all 'man he's being kinda a dick to his intern' and then nope, turns out he just heard this poo poo first and there were good odds Eric legit had no idea what he was supposed to be getting from these interviews.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Zach Woods episode also has the part where Eric The Intern is reading the synopsis of the Blacklist show and Zach Woods as a character that finds Erics monotone voice incredibly erotic. Matt and everyone else is laughing so hard they're crying, me included.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

what ep # are y'all talking about?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Topics owns and more people should be posting about how great it is.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Are you saying it's gotten a lot better? I ask because I listened to the first couple and they were awful, despite how much I like the hosts. If it's the just the same, then no thanks.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Topics to me is a less funny non snack related MATES. I thought their whole "study groups" riff was way too repetitive and went on too long every time I heard it

I miss MATES

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I've listened to the first 3 minutes of a few episodes and it just seems to be two comedians wasting time for 40 minutes in a sort of ipsum lorem of pseudy conversation, am I being a comedy scrub?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

what ep # are y'all talking about?
I was talking about the Zach Woods episode of I4H, one of the live episodes

The yes/no one I haven't looked up yet, but someone said it was possibly one of the #60-something

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Riptor posted:

I miss MATES

Oh god I miss it so much.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I've only listened to the first five, but so far Topics seems like a podcast designed to see how many times they can get people to listen to them do the same bits consecutively. I mean, they're funny guys and I love how well they can hone in on the trite things people say in conversation, but it does seem incredibly repetitive.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I get what they're trying to do, but a show like Hollywood Handbook IMO basically does the same format but a lot funnier.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Riptor posted:

I miss MATES

argh I don't know what to snack on anymore without their guidance. I've just been eating wood chips and deer droppings.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Hey Jeff, if you're around, could you explain the rationale behind the Snus ads? Is it just a case of $$$? I'm not trying to be rude, it's just a little... odd.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think it can be assumed that all advertising is a case of $$$.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Hey Jeff, if you're around, could you explain the rationale behind the Snus ads? Is it just a case of $$$? I'm not trying to be rude, it's just a little... odd.

What's Snus?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Max22 posted:

What's Snus?

Not too much. What's Snus with you?

AH HA HA HA HA

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I figured everyone just skipped podcast ads but I was on that midroll site a while back and I saw some statistic on there saying that like 60% of podcast listeners have bought something through one of their ads. It's weird. I guess it's a way to support the shows or something but I don't have the patience to sit through them (Even though skipping ads on a phone is kind of a pain)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Max22 posted:

What's Snus?
http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/22jcm5/cheating-death---snus---placebo-effect
All you need to know.

Help Im Alive posted:

I figured everyone just skipped podcast ads but I was on that midroll site a while back and I saw some statistic on there saying that like 60% of podcast listeners have bought something through one of their ads. It's weird. I guess it's a way to support the shows or something but I don't have the patience to sit through them (Even though skipping ads on a phone is kind of a pain)
I'm never really bothered by them except for those times when there's like 3 in a row instead of being spaced out more evenly.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 13, 2014

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

(Even though skipping ads on a phone is kind of a pain)

The solution is, as it is for all things, to download Downcast.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

argh I don't know what to snack on anymore without their guidance. I've just been eating wood chips and deer droppings.

What about Nature Box?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I typically have podcasts running in the background so don't mind letting the ads run instead of having to go to the program and try to skip ahead. I mean I went and checked out Bonobos so maybe it works, but the only time I've purchased things is when I needed something from Amazon already and picked one of the podcasts I like to use their link.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I ended up getting a Harry's razor and a bunch of replacement heads thanks to Jimmy Pardo mentioning how good their program was compared to Dollar Shave Club a while back. The funny thing was that they weren't even advertising on NNF at the time, Jimmy just really liked the product. Hopefully NNF will get a code for them so I can make sure they get credit next time I need to get refills.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Zash Woods is consistently one of the best performers on I4H, with Horatio Sanz, Benny Schwaz and Jon Gemberling. Oh and Colton Dunn.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Zash Woods is consistently one of the best performers on I4H, with Horatio Sanz, Benny Schwaz and Jon Gemberling. Oh and Colton Dunn.

And Paul Rust and Lauren Lapkus

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Also Joe Wengert.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

yes im mad that I forgot them like a dilhole

E: oh and Gabrus and Sean Clements

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

NotWearingPants posted: