Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Don't reward their lovely practices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Wow that is absolutely horrendous that it's one-use, what the gently caress DE.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Denzine posted:

This, a thousand times.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
:siren:

Denzine posted:

Perfect acquisition time for this frame is seventy-eight successful and correct Prosecutor beacon drops + three Vay Hek keys w/ build time + perfect Vay Hek drops + credit/time/mat costs for the Hydroid BPs. This is so much worse than Nekros.

Not even buying this guy with plat; this is offensive.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

zgrowler2 posted:

Perfect acquisition time for this frame is seventy-eight successful and correct Prosecutor beacon drops + three Vay Hek keys w/ build time + perfect Vay Hek drops + credit/time/mat costs for the Hydroid BPs. This is so much worse than Nekros.

That assumes you are only ever using your own keys. It is lovely, but perfectly doable in the long term. I still think that vauban involves much more bullshit.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

I found a beacon in a Grineer locker.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

zgrowler2 posted:

Nah, perfect acquisition only needs one round of keys, given you have four people in your group.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

You mean 26 correct Prosecutor drops (they always drop if they spawn) and then running the Vay Hek mission with your buddies who also got the same Prosecutor drops.

It's still so much worse than Nekros.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Oh no this new frame is behind some kind of thinly veiled grind!

e: Then again since I'm pretty indifferent about the new frame I guess I personally don't see a reason to get all up in arms about it.

Dukka fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 10, 2014

TurboPriest
Aug 30, 2012
So with the new channeling system, both charge speed and damage mods are gone, and you cannot trow glaive or kestrel while being channeled, making them completely useless, do fury now affects the trow speed animation or DE hosed those weapons for good now?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
A group of four would hopefully be able to make a key each in about three hours but if you don't get all three drops from Hek in those four runs then it will be hours more to make your next key.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 10, 2014

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Serious Frolicking posted:

That assumes you are only ever using your own keys. It is lovely, but perfectly doable in the long term. I still think that vauban involves much more bullshit.

Vauban is bullshit*, but it's honest bullshit (pay plat or watch alerts) with much less active time commitment. Will people eventually kill enough Prosecutors to farm up a key and run trains with other people? Inevitably. Will they go out of their way to do so when there's other new content with quicker payoffs that they could be spending their time on? Still possible, much less likely. You have to choose to grind for Hydroid or pay the 300p - there are no alerts, no apps to tell you when to drop in and get him. Sharing keys divides the total effort required by four, but it's still exploitative as hell (no free lunch - if you didn't grind the beacons, someone else did) and not a practice DE needs to continue. Ratcheting up the time commitment for new material to force in-game transactions on people who don't sink hours and hours into the game isn't good long-term for their player base.

*full disclosure, I bought Vauban and his helmet on release because I was a scrub. Better decision in the long run, but I don't think it invalidates my argument.

Male Man posted:

Nah, perfect acquisition only needs one round of keys, given you have four people in your group.

Dividing the workload is valid. My numbers were for solo acquisition (point is that the grind still gets done even if you split it up). Also, the numbers for average acquistion factoring in probability of beacon types dropping (god, please let the drop table be even 25%s) are probably much more unpalatable.

In a month or so, there'll probably be enough keys floating around from passive beacon collection that this is less of an issue (like ODA keys have been for quite some time), but it's still uncool to make the grind this specific and out of the way.

As a side note, I'd imagine the Ceres dark sectors will be a hot commodity since they'll allow people to do badlands stuff and incrementally do this grind at the same time.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 10, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well then, I didn't notice this, but apparently Grineer leader-types can drop Oberon parts.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

TurboPriest posted:

So with the new channeling system, both charge speed and damage mods are gone, and you cannot trow glaive or kestrel while being channeled, making them completely useless, do fury now affects the trow speed animation or DE hosed those weapons for good now?

Change to Glaive, attack once than attack again and keep pressed to 'charge throw' and hit the channel button while it flies.

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 21, 2016

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Feindfeuer posted:

Change to Glaive, attack once than attack again and keep pressed to 'charge throw' and hit the channel button while it flies.

Yeah, when in melee mode, you can throw the glaive on the second hit, and it's channelable, too. It seems to bounce more times when channeled as well.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Sandweed posted:

- Removed Credits and all Resources (except Orokin Cell for now) from all Void Endless mission types reward pool (Survival/Defense).

Finally!
I like how they left orokin cells in as a "I'm not doing it because you told me to but because I want to. YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!".

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I like how they left orokin cells in as a "I'm not doing it because you told me to but because I want to. YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!".

They left Orokin Cells in because Jesus do I need more cells gimme gimme.

edit:

I farmed Ceres for a while, so I'ma gonna share my hot tips.

• Prosecutors spawn up to once per mission. Ludi is a very short exterminate mission--probably your best bet for farming.
  • They are not guaranteed spawns. They seem to spawn when alarms are raised, so if one gets pushed early in the mission you'll almost always see a prosecutor.
  • The whole weakness thing doesn't really matter. They can block with their staff for massive damage reduction, but staggering them or hitting them from behind removes that. If everyone's mashing on them they'll die pretty quick.
  • Bring as many Nekroses (Nekrosis?) as you can. Each can desecrate the prosecutor for an extra beacon drop.
  • A Nekros with Natural Talent can desecrate a prosecutor twice.
  • A prosecutor killed with slash damage gets cut in half; each half gets desecrated.
  • Note that if you're using melee, channeled attacks disintegrate your target on kill, so don't use channeling if you're maximizing desecration drops.

So you run in, get noticed by an enemy, let it hit an alarm, kill people until the prosecutor shows up, then everyone surrounds him and staggerlocks him with swords until he gets cut in half. Then you can get a whole bunch of bonus drops out of each one, if you're optimally geared for it.

Beacon types are weighted, and deltas are by far the rarest. Rejoice when you find one. Rejoice more when you find two.

Male Man fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 10, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Male Man posted:

Just go after Stalking Fan. :shepicide:

Also, I must be like 10, because Fractured Wind is a pretty funny mod name.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 10, 2014

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Male Man posted:

The reward cells are one single cell. You're loving insane if that's you're primary source of cells.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

BarkingSquirrel posted:

The reward cells are one single cell. You're loving insane if that's you're primary source of cells.

They're not. Mostly my cells come from Ceres survival (well, exterminates now, although hopefully the second key I have will be enough to get me Hydrant and I'll never have to worry about beacon grinding again), where I also get one at a time. If you know a good way to reliably get several cells in a go, I'd love to hear it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

This is the best thing.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I was hoping they'd have accidentally named a stance Broken Wind. Alas, nothing too funny in the list to me.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Male Man posted:

They're not. Mostly my cells come from Ceres survival (well, exterminates now, although hopefully the second key I have will be enough to get me Hydrant and I'll never have to worry about beacon grinding again), where I also get one at a time. If you know a good way to reliably get several cells in a go, I'd love to hear it.
I reliably get 2-3 per Xini run.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Ice Fist posted:

This is the best thing.

It would've been better if space dogs had been in the update.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
The glaive has some unique interactions with the channeling mechanic. First off, unlike every other melee attack I've used so far, the glaive throw does not gain bonus damage from channeling. Instead it flies faster and bounces many more times before returning. Secondly, as long as the glaive isn't returning to you, you can trigger an explosion centered on the glaive by channeling. This will cause the glaive to return to you. Neither of these actions seem to use energy.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

How are you throwing it while having it out as your current weapon?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

TheBlandName posted:

The glaive has some unique interactions with the channeling mechanic. First off, unlike every other melee attack I've used so far, the glaive throw does not gain bonus damage from channeling. Instead it flies faster and bounces many more times before returning. Secondly, as long as the glaive isn't returning to you, you can trigger an explosion centered on the glaive by channeling. This will cause the glaive to return to you. Neither of these actions seem to use energy.

wait wait

Can you damage yourself with the explosion? :haw:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I reliably get 2-3 per Xini run.

The what? Cells don't drop on Eris. Ceres and Saturn are the O Cell systems, and the defense maps there are mostly bad enough to make survival or mobile defense a better pick for cell-farming unless you also want T3 keys, in which case Casta.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How are you throwing it while having it out as your current weapon?

You have to hold the melee attack button after doing the first strike. Not as reliable as it could be.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Joe Gillian posted:

You have to hold the melee attack button after doing the first strike. Not as reliable as it could be.

The devs said on the forums that this is a temp fix for the time being.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

zgrowler2 posted:

Sounds like the dojo party was less bugged than U13.
I was going to drop my one and a half hour recording of this but Youtube's choking on the video.

Echophonic posted:

Well then, I didn't notice this, but apparently Grineer leader-types can drop Oberon parts.
I think I got a part off of Corpus too. DE and consistent theming, huh.

everybody posted:

Alliance Names
TENNO GOOOOOON!

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Sleepy Owl posted:

wait wait

Can you damage yourself with the explosion? :haw:

Yes. It seems to be pretty weak against your shields but deal full damage to your health. It seems goofy. I can barely whittle my shields down by exploding it as soon as it leaves my hand, but it gibbed me on a no-shields nightmare run from half a room away.

Kitty Fantastico
Nov 26, 2005

I use a Kestrel and it might be different I suppose, but the explosions have been unrelated to channeling.. it just occurs on the final bounce before returning. If you have Quick Return maxed, the explosion occurs the moment your throw first hits an enemy or a wall. You can harm yourself quite reliably!
Then again I never tried channeling while it was in the air.. I guess that lets you trigger it earlier than the final bounce.

The removal of Charge Speed mods means Glaives/Kestrel have unavoidable windup times of several seconds before the throw. I hold little hope that the Gleaming Talon stance will speed up the throw animation.

Kitty Fantastico fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 10, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I'm not going to farm for that new frame. Farming Oxium for Zephyr was painful enough.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Clashing Forest turns every staff into a Zorencopter.

I hope the dude who gave it to me for an extra flow I had laying around was aware of this.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
So, they nerfed the damage on the Cronus. DE knows the priorities here people.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
So happy they fixed zorencopter for despair. That alone makes me love this update.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I'm not too surprised that they heavily rebalanced the Amphis electro-staff this update. Previously, it was goddamn useless as a melee weapon, but its jumping shockwave attack had a 100% effective area stun effect, so you could jump into the middle of a dozen of the biggest, meanest enemies and just pogo-hop on the spot until they were all dead with no fear of repercussion.

Sadly, they nerfed that ridiculous power, and now there's a regular chance of stun on the shockwave. Thankfully, the basic melee attacks are pretty great and knock enemies high into the air on almost every hit. I guess that's a fair tradeoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Thranguy posted:

The what? Cells don't drop on Eris. Ceres and Saturn are the O Cell systems, and the defense maps there are mostly bad enough to make survival or mobile defense a better pick for cell-farming unless you also want T3 keys, in which case Casta.
I don't pretend to understand I just know I get them. I guess chalk it up to DE being DE.