Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Didn't poo poo eating guy have a bowl haircut like dumb rick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Rocksicles posted:

Meeseeks related question.

Why can't a find a Meeseeks T-shirt? It's killing me right now.

No, Meeseeks socks.

Meesocks.

"Hey! I'm Mr. Meesocks, look at feet!"

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Space T Rex posted:

This is what I've been assuming/hoping.
I think Typical posted in this thread saying the Cthulu scene wasn't from an episode. I could totally be misremembering, though.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Didn't poo poo eating guy have a bowl haircut like dumb rick?

I thought of this when I was at work, but when I went back to see if he resembled Doofrick, he did not, including the haircut.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

hughesta posted:

I think Typical posted in this thread saying the Cthulu scene wasn't from an episode. I could totally be misremembering, though.

He said they don't want to say. Also later he implied that he could get in trouble for revealing that much information about upcoming episodes, so even if he did say, let's just pretend he didn't.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I'm more interested in the one where Jerry gets pregnant somehow.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm on the bandwagon that puppet-rick was so evil that eye-patch morty eventually took rick over during a megaseed influenced rage. Or perhaps something like that, when you think that eye-patch morty is as hosed up as he is it makes more sense.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Grognan posted:

I'm on the bandwagon that puppet-rick was so evil that eye-patch morty eventually took rick over during a megaseed influenced rage. Or perhaps something like that, when you think that eye-patch morty is as hosed up as he is it makes more sense.

Haha oh my god what if Evil Morty just constantly has his rear end jammed full of megaseeds?!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Space T Rex posted:

Haha oh my god what if Evil Morty just constantly has his rear end jammed full of megaseeds?!

What if that's what Rick did.... :psyduck:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Well Rick would have to be a super genius already to discover and travel to other dimensions and obtain the seeds in the first place. So I'd say hes just naturally a genius.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I would hope that once you have a megaseed up your arse you're capable of thinking of a better way to get the super intelligence without all the debilitating paralysis and incontinence. Some sort of purification process, perhaps?

Not having to shove gigantic seeds up your bum would probably be at the top of the to-do list as well, I expect.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

The entire time I was expecting the episode to end with a homage to Jet Li's "The One" with the eye-patch Rick left in an interdenominational prison, although the mastermind Morty reveal was even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8JocOpkvY

Reminded me of one of my favorite Parsons articles
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/jet-li-death/

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Snak posted:

There are presumably many realities where the Ricks did not, for one reason or another, re-enter their daughter's family's lives and pair up with "their" Morty. These Morty's would be horribly unprotected from Ricks from other dimensions that would take them.

There are realities where a man with exactly half of the same genetic make-up as Rick gets it on with Morty's maternal grandmother and thus creates Beth. Then Beth has Morty. So we have a Morty without a Rick.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

More show music!

https://soundcloud.com/el_der

This score is pretty loving cool on it's own.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Huh, some cool guy fixed my avatar. Thank you cool guy!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Affi posted:

:cheers:

I'm like Kaine from the Kung Fu TV series, wandering the forums and righting wrongs.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Affi posted:

I now chuckle every time you post, regardless of content.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hulk, my favorite Internet Critic/Film Guy of all time released this. I haven't read it yet, but the title alone makes me so loving happy. He's absolutely right.

Also, yes he has a gimmick, HE WRITES IN ALL CAPS LIKE HULK, BUT WHAT HE SAY IS SO BRILLIANT YOU SHOULD GET OVER IT.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/11/rick-and-morty-is-the-best-show-on-television/

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 12, 2014

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yo Typical any word on S1 DVDray?

HppyCmpr posted:

I saw some members of the Council of Ricks at the party in the preview; so Rick must be ok with some of them.

10 of them to be exact

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 12, 2014

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

CelticPredator posted:

Hulk, my favorite Internet Critic/Film Guy of all time released this. I haven't read it yet, but the title alone makes me so loving happy. He's absolutely right.

Also, yes he has a gimmick, HE WRITES IN ALL CAPS LIKE HULK, BUT WHAT HE SAY IS SO BRILLIANT YOU SHOULD GET OVER IT.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/11/rick-and-morty-is-the-best-show-on-television/

I think I'll just read an article or two aaand I bought his book.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
This show is ridiculously good and Dan Harmon is a master of his craft that is all

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I saw a discussion recently about when the Simpsons started sucking and realized that Rick and Morty has a lot of that same feel that early Simpsons, Futurama, and King of the Hill give me with regard to their characters. I tell everyone I know with similar tastes to check it out and not judge it on first impressions. I found out this way that not only is my dad already watching it but that it's his favorite show pretty much ever.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

CelticPredator posted:

More show music!

https://soundcloud.com/el_der

This score is pretty loving cool on it's own.
Human music, eh? I like it!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I love re-watching episodes. This show is packed with jokes I never noticed the first time. In the Rick Encounters episode, all of the chair people gawk at Rick and Morty. There is even an alcoholic chair bum that rubs his eyes and throws away his drink.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I love re-watching episodes. This show is packed with jokes I never noticed the first time. In the Rick Encounters episode, all of the chair people gawk at Rick and Morty. There is even an alcoholic chair bum that rubs his eyes and throws away his drink.

His drink is in bottle-sized truck. And then a bus goes by and it's a bottle.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably my favorite is how many iterations of Rick there is. Robo Rick, Seamonster Rick, etc when they go to the Citadel of Ricks.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

dylguy90 posted:

I think I'll just read an article or two aaand I bought his book.

Film Crit Hulk is a great mind with a lot to say about story construction, but I wish he used the Hulk voice as more than an excuse not to proofread his articles.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Max22 posted:

Film Crit Hulk is a great mind with a lot to say about story construction, but I wish he used the Hulk voice as more than an excuse not to proofread his articles.

I remember when he first started out he actually stuck to the conceit some, and it was funny, but now he literally just types normal film crit articles except they're all in capital letters. He skips the occasional article or preposition and that's it, and it's really silly and dumb.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
yea so theres this guy that pretends to be a superhero to talk about movies on the internet

observers from the future have called him "the next foucault" and described this as "totally not retarded and lame"

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Less irritating than supermetalgodzilla and the fish eyed boy he replaced even with his schtick.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah hopefully Rick and Morty doesn't catch on so this thread can remain...ummm... Andrew Dice Clay before he wound up on The Apprentice?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rick and Morty already caught on.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Then why is it only on page 57? :smug:

let's keep it that way, we all know what happened to the Community thread

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's too late. The hype has begun. Within two seasons we'll become jaded and impossible to please. I know this poo poo well.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Doc and Mharty have already been shipped, the prophecy is complete

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I remember when the Community thread wasn't terrible either. I give it till next season for the weekly complaints to come out, and season three is where everyone will start complaining it's getting too weird.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

hemophilia posted:

I remember when the Community thread wasn't terrible either. I give it till next season for the weekly complaints to come out, and season three is where everyone will start complaining it's getting too weird.

I will never complain that a show in the first season which showed a man died by having his own head shoved up his rear end is too weird.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Morty will lick Rick's balls in season 2's finale and we'll all yawn and say that poo poo was done already AND better

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Alan Smithee posted:

Morty will lick Rick's balls in season 2's finale and we'll all yawn and say that poo poo was done already AND better

It'd be a lot more shocking now that they're related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Ball fondlers was pretty great. I'm on board with this show now. It took a few epsiodes after the pilot to really start to appreciate it. Why are all pilots so loving bad? Uhgg.

• Locked thread