Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

That's actually a lot more unsettling than the Junji stuff. :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Yeah, are we going to get daycare on the pathetic income we have working part-time at the pizza place that we live above?

I haven't been to this thread in a while, so pardon if this has been discussed before. But isn't Skyler a girl's name? Or is it only when it's spelled "Skylar"? Guess I'm just used to "Breaking Bad".

And could someone give me a short description of the plot of "Mary Worth"? My only question is who is the woman Wilbur is going to lunch with? His girlfriend? And did "9 Chickweed Lane" go back in time again?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

I'll bet that's actually what Brooke really wanted to draw!

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

bean_shadow posted:

I haven't been to this thread in a while, so pardon if this has been discussed before. But isn't Skyler a girl's name? Or is it only when it's spelled "Skylar"? Guess I'm just used to "Breaking Bad".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Cheap Thrills Cuisine would work better as a puzzle strip: post the last panel food image and see how many people guess what it's supposed to be before posting the full strip (Guaranteed: none).

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

IF GLOBAL WARMING WHY COLD???

Get hosed Lester.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

It's finally happening, this loving comic strip is making me legit mad.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Sezza posted:

drat, that's a fine elephant. :colbert:
:golfclap:

Bloom County

I'm gonna need Hoover Dam to R&R this one.

:science:

Calvin And Hobbes

Reply All: Still painful to look at.

Introducing Reply All Lite, for when you want to bypass the artwork, but still get that same great taste.

And Ricig's Toon Trivia, perpetrated by Michael Ricigliano, will bludgeon you with boredom.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Candorville u little poo poo.

I know for a fact that this strip is recycled, I did a Clarissa edit on the original two threads ago. You can shove this up your Dog Butt Comix.

Pooch Café

Nobody understands dogs, that's the fun of it.

Ballard Street

Ditto.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (January 20, 1927; this one looks familiar, but this morning's gonna be a pain for looking things up)

Peanuts (April 13, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Okay, does this look like a pro-grade video camera? Because obviously that doesn't look like a pro-grade camerawoman, just holding it in her hands six inches from an interviewee's face. She's going to get a great chin shot, though.

Popeye

Rip Haywire tries to figure things out, gets a familiar response.

Pogo, in which Albert is obviously going to end up in jail. Fortunately, swamp "jail" is a hound dog with a musket, so it could be much worse. (April 12, 1956)

Out Our Way (October 10-11, 1924)

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Darthemed posted:

And Ricig's Toon Trivia, perpetrated by Michael Ricigliano, will bludgeon you with boredom.

Shithouse. :v:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bean_shadow posted:

And could someone give me a short description of the plot of "Mary Worth"? My only question is who is the woman Wilbur is going to lunch with? His girlfriend?
She was almost sort of his girlfriend a while ago, but then her son, Tommy, went to jail for selling meth so she had to leave Santa Royale. For some reason. Now she's back and Wilbur's keen to get their ambiguous relationship back to wherever it was before, but he's also really keen on badmouthing Tommy, and that's a problem for him. At least, until Tommy turns out to be back to drug dealing, vindicating him. Or Tommy turns out to be entirely innocent. Either way Iris will probably leave town again, restoring the status quo.

Darthemed posted:

Reply All: Still painful to look at.

Introducing Reply All Lite, for when you want to bypass the artwork, but still get that same great taste.

After all this time I think it's probably safe to say this in this thread... I generally like Reply All despite how terrible it looks. Reply All Lite is absolute garbage though. It looks just as bad, but as a bonus it's also not funny.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The Creeps is a repeat from Tuesday, but I do enjoy that panda dance.

It took me way too long to notice your edit here. :allears:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (March 23rd 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Grilox posted:

It took me way too long to notice your edit here. :allears:

That's neither an edit nor exactly a repeat. :ssh:

The next strip will probably be wordless.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Tiggum posted:

She was almost sort of his girlfriend a while ago, but then her son, Tommy, went to jail for selling meth so she had to leave Santa Royale. For some reason. Now she's back and Wilbur's keen to get their ambiguous relationship back to wherever it was before, but he's also really keen on badmouthing Tommy, and that's a problem for him. At least, until Tommy turns out to be back to drug dealing, vindicating him. Or Tommy turns out to be entirely innocent. Either way Iris will probably leave town again, restoring the status quo.
After all this time I think it's probably safe to say this in this thread... I generally like Reply All despite how terrible it looks. Reply All Lite is absolute garbage though. It looks just as bad, but as a bonus it's also not funny.

Hey, I genuinely enjoy Reply All too. I was already struck by the Reply All avatar curse, too :v:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And thus begins an infinite loop.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

First Brett, and now Rathbone. Are we going to get characters named Downey and Cumberbatch next?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Indolent Bastard posted:

Mike du Jour[/b]

gently caress off, Mike. Nothing about you, or your comic is good. Reply All is better in every single way.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Darthemed posted:

:golfclap:

Bloom County

I'm gonna need Hoover Dam to R&R this one.

:eng101:

Strip's dated June 18, 1987. I've just finished fifth grade and will be going on to middle school at the end of summer. Lotta things going on in this and last week's Bill the Cat storyline.

This strip specifically references Gary Hart announcing his presidential candidacy, daring the media to dig up dirt on him, and then immediately getting caught having an affair.

However, there's more at work with the "leadership ethics" lines. At this point (June, 1987) the Iran-Contra Congressional hearings had recently started and the Jim and Tammy Faye story was rolling. So you had major religious and political figures getting busted all at once, along with, say, a popular belief that Oliver North didn't do anything wrong. It will get worse, too, as later that year Wall Street hits theaters and Bonfire of the Vanities tops bestseller lists. You're at peak Patrick Bateman here.

I'd say 1985 is what you think of when you think of the 1980s, but that's mostly in terms of popular media. 1987 is what you think of when you think of 1980s in US scandals.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

:effort:

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

This all reminds me of the time Father Ted kicked Bishop Brennan up the arse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRMvY6zslYg

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Andorra posted:

It would be worth it if they were just repeating this lovely storyline forever.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Andorra posted:

I hope we find out that there are like 5 seedy jungle guides in the jungle prison already.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Tavarin posted:

It would be worth it if they were just repeating this lovely storyline forever.

I think it'd be better if every now and then, she wandered into the Phantom's Cave, tooling around with treasures in the background.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
9 Junji Lane.
Special guest star... Junji Ito!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The Creeps pandas to us all.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The Creeps is a repeat from Tuesday, but I do enjoy that panda dance.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

That's neither an edit nor exactly a repeat. :ssh:

The next strip will probably be wordless.

I'm not seeing it. Can anyone help?

EDIT: And I just saw it!

JohnnyCanuck fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 11, 2014

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Something I found on Amazon.

Look at Connie's face :stare:

This is a VHS box art for the animated "Wee Pals" cartoon (Kid Power), released in the 1980s. I get the feeling that Morrie Turner did not draw this (maybe if it came out in the 2000s as a DVD).

Sadly, the old VHS tapes are probably the only way we can see "Kid Power". It's not available on DVD or blu-Ray, and I doubt there's one coming up soon.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
This is a thing happening tomorrow, if you have anything you need Red and Rovered.

And thank you, Hoover Dam, for the excellent contextualization!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I'm not seeing it. Can anyone help?

EDIT: And I just saw it!

Haha holy poo poo. This strip goes for the most complicated gags.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Shugojin posted:

Haha holy poo poo. This strip goes for the most complicated gags.

:drat: I just noticed myself! This is what happens when I post comics half asleep.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

And with that we are actually out of the archived Four Eyes, and now it'll only be posted on MWF. It was kinda middling for a while, but I think I'm liking it enough to keep posting it. What's everybody else think of it?

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Missed a few days, sorry!

Mark Trail

And today's has already been posted :)

Office Hours

Buz Sawyer

Bum-Shaming Comix

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 11, 2014

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I'm gonna run this poo poo into the ground. Can't get any worse than it already is, I figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Bum-Shaming Comix

There might be an edit in here somewhere. I don't know. :psyduck:

• Locked thread