Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I still have mad boners for Burning Empires but that's probably because I haven't played it enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

On a long enough time scale everythign is terrible

Dec 26, 2012

Plutonis posted:

guys i just had an idea. eye of argon.... the tabletop rpg?

welcome back

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

downtime abbey, the game system about spellcasters and their servants

Yes, Ars Magica is p. cool

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Plutonis posted:

+1 to checks if you can call a man a slut while performing an action

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Doc Hawkins posted:

I still have mad boners for Burning Empires but that's probably because I haven't played it enough
I got that game at Gen Con a while back and seriously don't loving understand anything about it.

The comics were great, though.

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

I dunno why Burning games have the same elves and dwarves as every other popular fantasy RPG but with a bunch of wacky terms for things.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Burning Wheel is trying to be more authentic to Tolkein.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

A non-goon friend of mine is actually working on that. He calls it the Quest For The Eye.

Some key concepts:
Rotating GMs.
In character creation, everyone chooses character traits from lists made by the other players.
A certain number of purple prose cards are dealt per round, the number goes up with each successive encounter, everyone writes what their character does trying to match as many cards as possible. The more cards you get describing your action, the larger the bonus you get to your roll.
Here are the cards: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AhrP0c5Dipz3dG5EQWZhNkkwZkJfTlpJbjB6VUJ5SXc&gid=0

EDIT: Here is a slightly outdated version of the rules:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1yFKuFCdTBRa4tJAwacl_c6ZN9-yFVeg0ubQCVzwxD2o
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1u5LzUT2x46Uq9Pu9qq4mPpvoRc6AcQYEKLtS3tULMoA

Suleman fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 10, 2014

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the lusty argonian maid tabletop rpg

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CursedWithAwesome posted:

For the RPG Crowd: It's been said that Asperger's Syndrome comes across as if someone decided to make 'Charisma' their dump stat and put all the saved/'saved' points into 'intelligence'.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
wizards are op because all of nerds stats are dump stats, since their wisdom is so low they think they have high intelligence.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

stoutfish posted:

wizards are op because all of nerds stats are dump stats, since their wisdom is so low they think they have high intelligence.

looks like you are cursed with awesome! (aspergers)

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
CursedWithAwesome

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
KMFTVT

Kill MotherFucking TV Tropes

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Error 404 posted:

KMFTVT

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Error 404 posted:

KMFTVT

Dec 26, 2012

Error 404 posted:

KMFTVT

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Error 404 posted:

KMFTVT

tvtropes is less relevant than something awful

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Error 404 posted:

KMFTVT

yes

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
though a lazy genius deadpan snarker, i'm about to have a moment of awesome

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Tv Tropes is listed as a reference in a Changeling: the Lost book.

My secret shame.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
on tv tropes every (popular and also anime) fictional character has a D&D alignment, every single one.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
guy stop editing my entry on Bazuso from Berserk. everyone knows he's chaotic evil

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

stoutfish posted:

monster (word monster is also a link to a tvtropes page) girl (girl is split into two different links) naturalism (also split into two links)

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

yeah that was a good joke i made earlier in the thread thank you for empty quoting it

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

stoutfish posted:

yeah that was a good joke i made earlier in the thread thank you for empty quoting it

you're welcome

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

stoutfish posted:

tvtropes is less relevant than something awful

if loving only

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
allow me to share with you my rankings of internet forum relevance

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

please, they are called "tiers"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
On actual D&D Next news...there is none! Apparently WotC has nothing at all about 5e to announce or show off at PAX.

Tyranny of Dragons is the thing they're pushing hard; supposedly it's not connected to any edition but is instead it's "own product." Most people are guessing it's what the "basic" package is going to be.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

ProfessorCirno posted:

On actual D&D Next news...there is none! Apparently WotC has nothing at all about 5e to announce or show off at PAX.

But Next is "97% done"!

The last 3% is actual products to sell.

And there was this:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
elf kabong

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Dec 26, 2012

shiiiit

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

my god. my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Man, look at that well-prepared motherfucker. Not only does he wield Legendary Guitar Grecotch, but he's also got a backup instrument around his neck. This is not that bard's first time to the rodeo. I bet he's got a kazoo in his boot, too.

• Locked thread