Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its loving gone, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
They should make submarine planes.

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014

James Polk posted:

So what I'm getting from this is the Indian Ocean is loving full of black boxes. How many planes are down there potentially? We could very well be solving several mysteries here instead of just MH370. I bet the flight that didn't hit the Pentagon is down there. It's an airplane graveyard.

We need to propose nuclear powered batteries for blackboxes. One month is not eanouth to find an airplane.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

Its loving gone, guys.

ping

ping

ping

ping

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014

hofnar posted:

ping

ping

ping

ping

I am back!!!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

James Polk posted:

So what I'm getting from this is the Indian Ocean is loving full of black boxes. How many planes are down there potentially? We could very well be solving several mysteries here instead of just MH370. I bet the flight that didn't hit the Pentagon is down there. It's an airplane graveyard.

I think you're onto something. The real mystery isn't what happened to this plane, but why no one at all cares about or even notices the dozens of other flights that must be crashing into the ocean every year. :tinfoil:

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Chinatown posted:

Its loving gone, guys.

He's getting serious. Text formatting only confirms that he speaks facts.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
did they find plane yet?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I've finally confirmed that I did not know anyone on the 777

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Mons Hubris posted:

I've finally confirmed that I did not know anyone on the 777

were you the guy adding all the passengers to facebook

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Its loving gone, guys.

Chinatown is the only reliable source here so please don't believe the media hype.

Slap Happy
Apr 14, 2006

Okay, forgive me if this theory has already been put forth:

Maybe the plane was carrying a secret shipment of black boxes? That would explain all these different black boxes they're detecting. Maybe it simply couldn't fly under all the weight.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Slap Happy posted:

Maybe the plane was carrying a secret shipment of black boxes? That would explain all these different black boxes they're detecting. Maybe it simply couldn't fly under all the weight.

It was a the maiden flight of a plane built from the same stuff the black boxes are made of.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Slap Happy posted:

What if the mangosteen were actually peanuts. What is it the governments are hiding about airlines and peanuts? Makes you think.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Malaysian air does not give out peanuts for in-flight snacks, they give mangosteens.. that is why the plane was loaded with them, not because it was a secret shipment.

Slap Happy
Apr 14, 2006

demonR6 posted:

Malaysian air does not give out peanuts for in-flight snacks, they give mangosteens.. that is why the plane was loaded with them, not because it was a secret shipment.

Maybe the mangosteens unleashed a huge amount of raw, human energy in the passengers? Maybe they tore the plane apart from the inside?

edit: Here's a video of what it may have looked like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lwoUM40zRU&t=141s

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
What the hell is a mangosteen?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

SweetKarma posted:

What the hell is a mangosteen?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2003

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Slap Happy posted:

Maybe the mangosteens unleashed a huge amount of raw, human energy in the passengers? Maybe they tore the plane apart from the inside?

edit: Here's a video of what it may have looked like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lwoUM40zRU&t=141s

You know maybe the Malaysian government was conducting an experiment with the passengers and poisoned the mangosteens which in turn unleashed something similar to what happened in the Event Horizon movie. Plausible.

Slap Happy
Apr 14, 2006

demonR6 posted:

You know maybe the Malaysian government was conducting an experiment with the passengers and poisoned the mangosteens which in turn unleashed something similar to what happened in the Event Horizon movie. Plausible.

Whoa, this actually explains a lot of things when you think about it.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
HAHAHA I think one of you fuckers works at the same company I do.. I went down to the second floor to see someone and on the dry erase wall someone wrote "Blame the mangosteens".. fess up!

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

demonR6 posted:

HAHAHA I think one of you fuckers works at the same company I do.. I went down to the second floor to see someone and on the dry erase wall someone wrote "Blame the mangosteens".. fess up!

I got money on Chinatown

Slap Happy
Apr 14, 2006

Can someone please toxx all of Chinatown's posts for when the plane gets found soon?

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.
They will find the plane's black box, alone, at the bottom of the ocean, with no sign of any wreckage anywhere in the area.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

hofnar posted:

ping

ping

ping

ping
We make one ping only.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

i think Chinatown should be probated one day for every post he made saying its gone if they find it.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

mstrkrft posted:

i think Chinatown should be probated one day for every post he made saying its gone if they find it.

They might "find it", but after they do, you should be probated for every day they don't prove it.

Chinatown might be right.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
I hope they find it fast so we can see the dead bodies

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

CNN is reporting the Malaysian gov't is now saying "everyone is a suspect" after only clearing everyone last week. Not sure if this includes people not on the plane.

Dingleberry posted:

The passengers (most of them) are going thru another time portal warp back to the 1800's where they will work on the railroads in the Western part of the USA. That is a ploy by the Union Pacific/Robber Baron/Evil Mustache Twirly Men to build the Transcontinental Railroad.

It's like Looper or Quantum Leap. The mystery of MH370 grows daily. I'd gladly do a quantum leap onto that plane to find out really happened.

Spaced God posted:

Connect 4, but with plane and body parts.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Zogo posted:

CNN is reporting the Malaysian gov't is now saying "everyone is a suspect" after only clearing everyone last week.

Are we really certain that forum user Chinatown was on that plane?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The co-pilot's Ipad's history had him watching a bunch of Muppet Babies episodes before he boarded the plane.

Better send out the Ancient Aliens guys to find hidden symbols in the cartoon.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
so far Chinatown has been correct I don't think the plane re-appearing and getting found at a later point in time is necessarily warranting a probation if Chinatown is currently speaking the truth

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xlObdXF8VE&t=60s

Here's the problem guys! The engines are supposed to be able to handle water, looks like they were defective!

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I think Chinatown knows more than what he's telling us.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

myshl0ng posted:

I hope they find it fast so we can see the dead bodies

Lobsters already ate the dead bodies. Eat a lobster, maybe you'll find a fingernail inside!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its gone guys.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Maybe they'll all appear later like in that show 4400 with special abilities.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

rocket_man38 posted:

Maybe they'll all appear later like in that show 4400 with special abilities.

Or that episode of Voyager, you know, the lovely one that's not Threshold.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Hey guys, it's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Hey guys, it's gone.

Who the gently caress are you