Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."
I decided I wanted to start my modding efforts over, and uninstalled Mod Organizer from it's default install location, then re-installed it in Steam's Skyrim folder. I went to start installing mods with SkyUI, but it begins loading the external loader and crashes, with a "NMM CLI has stopped working" then an "Instillation failed" error. I tried uninstalling it again and re-installing to the original location, and I get the same error messages. Not sure what else I could have changed, and other mods install fine. You kind of need SkyUI though, so does anyone have any ideas on how to fix that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

I love how that Horker is just giving me a "See what you've done?" look.

Figured you'd want to know I posted not one but two new versions of ASIS! Now you can exclude dragonborn cells, stupid people will get error messages when they don't follow directions, and now NPCReducedSpawnSettings won't actually increase them.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

Figured you'd want to know I posted not one but two new versions of ASIS! Now you can exclude dragonborn cells, stupid people will get error messages when they don't follow directions, and now NPCReducedSpawnSettings won't actually increase them.

:allears: You should change the "L" in your username to an "S", good sir! :allears:

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
I'm getting a great bug with the Riverside Lodge. Every so often I get a Dragon spawn in the lodge and I have to battle it while it thrashes about and trashes my book shelves.

Best game ever.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, for those of you that care, I am posting my tweaked ASIS INI's for ASIS 1.4.7 (The newest version LtSmash just posted.)

The tweaks include:
  • Blocked a bunch of cells (the road between Honningbrew Meadery and Valtheim Towers) that caused a huge amount of lag!
  • Blocked a few cells in Dragonborn where increased/random spawns messed up quests (Including the final battle.)
  • Blocked some spawns that killed ~*~My Immersion~*~, such as multiple spawns of named Dragon Priests.
  • A shitload of new Random Spawn settings, including DLC content. (You should probably have Dragonborn and Dawnguard if you use these. You should probably have Dragonborn and Dawnguard anyways.)

Also, these are specifically for ASIS 1.4.7, available now at these fine retailers The Nexus. They will not work with previous versions, due to some formatting changes. Although you could probably manually edit them to be compatible with previous versions, at that point you're just being goddamned obstinate, like always. Just loving upgrade already.

Anyhow, here are my tweaked INIs:

RandomSpawns.ini
IncreasedSpawns.ini

And since it could be useful, here's my blocklist.txt:
code:
==MOD BLOCKS==
//Add a mod names or keywords to look for to block
//One per line
SPERG
fyrmanor
skyBirds
Not worth a pastebin.

I reccomend a Random Spawn rate of no higher than 5%, otherwise things could get really screwy.

P.S. I hope you like Livestock!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

SoylentCola posted:

I'm getting a great bug with the Riverside Lodge. Every so often I get a Dragon spawn in the lodge and I have to battle it while it thrashes about and trashes my book shelves.

Best game ever.

Oh my god I want video of this so bad

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Are there any videos floating around that offer a comprehensive look at Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim? It looks neat, but I'd like to know more about the spells themselves.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SoylentCola posted:

Best game ever.
One time I fast-traveled to a location somewhere near Morthal, and when the screen loaded I had a dragon land on my loving head.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Are there any videos floating around that offer a comprehensive look at Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim? It looks neat, but I'd like to know more about the spells themselves.

It is rad and you should use it.

There's a replicate spell that can dupe items for a configurable multiple of their price. There's a targeted teleport. There's an illusion spell that lets you take movement control of an NPC so you can make Ancano jump off the Mage's Guild repeatedly. There's a fire spell that is a meteor that gains power as it travels, eventually quadrupling its damage if you're sniping with it.

Just read the spell list and think "is this awesome" on each one.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Hog Butcher posted:

It is rad and you should use it.

There's a replicate spell that can dupe items for a configurable multiple of their price. There's a targeted teleport. There's an illusion spell that lets you take movement control of an NPC so you can make Ancano jump off the Mage's Guild repeatedly. There's a fire spell that is a meteor that gains power as it travels, eventually quadrupling its damage if you're sniping with it.

Just read the spell list and think "is this awesome" on each one.
There are also a bunch that seem really fiddly and hard to find a proper place for. There are sweet summons, though, including one that can be used as a free source of infinite daedric daggers, there's an invisibility spell that can re-establish itself after being broken, and Occatio's Recital is nice for auto-casting the mage armor spells at the start of combat.

I tried the replicate spell once but it seemed to just consume the nordic barnacle I tested it on and I couldn't find newly created ones anywhere.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Okay, for those of you that care, I am posting my tweaked ASIS INI's for ASIS 1.4.7 (The newest version LtSmash just posted.)

P.S. I hope you like Livestock!

I added them to the ASIS sticky since everyone should get swarmed by rieklings.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Speaking of Apocalypse, I've been getting this CTD since updating to the latest version:

code:
[04/10/2014 - 11:45:34PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: The levelled lists are NOT okay and need to be repopulated. This is not a bug or problem
[04/10/2014 - 11:45:34PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Books
[04/10/2014 - 11:45:52PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Scrolls
[04/10/2014 - 11:45:58PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Done
[04/10/2014 - 11:46:52PM] VM is freezing...
[04/10/2014 - 11:46:52PM] VM is frozen
[04/10/2014 - 11:46:53PM] Saving game...
[04/10/2014 - 11:46:53PM] VM is thawing...
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:12PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: The levelled lists are NOT okay and need to be repopulated. This is not a bug or problem
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:12PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Books
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:24PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Scrolls
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:28PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Done
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:32PM] VM is freezing...
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:32PM] VM is frozen
What the hell now :(

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Paracelsus posted:

There are also a bunch that seem really fiddly and hard to find a proper place for. There are sweet summons, though, including one that can be used as a free source of infinite daedric daggers, there's an invisibility spell that can re-establish itself after being broken, and Occatio's Recital is nice for auto-casting the mage armor spells at the start of combat.

I tried the replicate spell once but it seemed to just consume the nordic barnacle I tested it on and I couldn't find newly created ones anywhere.

Removing Replicate's explosion is the nicest thing you can do to it. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to make it fire quickly.

I just want to break the game harder without outright cheating. :(

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
About 50 hours into Requiem, level 14, and getting kind of sick of every end-of-dungeon chest containing 20-50 gold and an empty soul gem. Every time. When do I start getting rewarded for the work I'm putting into this ridiculous mod?

Burns
May 10, 2008

I've had several issues after I reinstalled ASIS (both on an existing save and a new game) with random CTDs. Lets see if the new version, modified spawns files help. I have also disabled BOSS in SUM to see if that helps.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Do I need to pay money to download mods on Nexus? I tried to register an account and it gave me a list of premium plans to buy.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Do I need to pay money to download mods on Nexus? I tried to register an account and it gave me a list of premium plans to buy.

Nope, I have a free account.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Deltasquid posted:

Nope, I have a free account.

Oh, I understand now - it's a checkbox, so I can go ahead without choosing any of the premium plans.

No Goku option, a shameful checkbox

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is there any kind of mod that makes Skyrim work a little better in windowed mode by binding the cursor to it or such? I always end up having both my Windows cursor and Skyrim's cursor showing whenever I run the game in windowed mode, which is pretty much distracting to the point of unplayability.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of Apocalypse, I've been getting this CTD since updating to the latest version:

code:
[04/10/2014 - 11:45:34PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: The levelled lists are NOT okay and need to be repopulated. This is not a bug or problem
[04/10/2014 - 11:45:34PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Books
[04/10/2014 - 11:45:52PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Scrolls
[04/10/2014 - 11:45:58PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Done
[04/10/2014 - 11:46:52PM] VM is freezing...
[04/10/2014 - 11:46:52PM] VM is frozen
[04/10/2014 - 11:46:53PM] Saving game...
[04/10/2014 - 11:46:53PM] VM is thawing...
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:12PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: The levelled lists are NOT okay and need to be repopulated. This is not a bug or problem
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:12PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Books
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:24PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Scrolls
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:28PM] APOCNEW DEBUG: Populating vendor leveled lists...Done
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:32PM] VM is freezing...
[04/10/2014 - 11:47:32PM] VM is frozen
What the hell now :(

Did you install the new version of Apoc over an ongoing save game?

Re: Apoc's Replicate spell. It owns. I did it to Auriel's Bow and gave it to Erik the Slayer and Jenassa and loaded them up with Sunhallowed Arrows and then we went to town on at least 5 vampire lairs.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Man, I think I'm burnt out. Can anyone recommend of stuff to change the game up? Stuff I've been thinking about and my experience in the past:

Semi-content: Falskaar, Moonpath, Wyrmstooth, Undeath, Aethernautics

I know Falskaar has some issues that require patches and I have no idea what level of work it needs.

Spells: I'm used to using Phenderix (and killing the two guards for loving up Farengar's study), Midas, and Apocalypse.
Apocalypse is by far the best I've used, though I dearly miss Summon Bridge. Certain Phenderix spells are just... broken and useless. Teleport - Vertical. Neat. It drops you down a bit if you're trying to climb something. Teleport - Anywhere doesn't work at all. The combat spells are the only things worth it. Midas is neat.

Spells seem balanced to be given to the player without being limited by shopkeeper inventory restrictions so I don't get why vanilla NPCs hold things back based on your level.

I haven't tired Dwemerverse because I literally just found it, but it sounds kickass.

Weapons:
I've used IW/Weaponizer/etc and they just feel like more clutter. It's nice to have variety, but it's all cosmetic.

Is there anything out there that adds weapons that do anything? It's cool to have a spear, it really is, but when it's just a greatsword effectively it's kind of dumb.

Armor:
IA/Armonizor/the usual bunch are things I've used in the past. Lootification plays nicely, CCO plays nicely, but more stuff/more unique things would be nice.

Combat:
This is a big point for me. DUEL didn't make the combat interesting in the slightest, and it's the only one I've tried.

Overhauls:
I've used SPERG. A lot. Good Listener/Animal Friend are my favorite Break the Game combo since Morrowind. I've never tried any of the others. Should I?

Assorted:
Creation: I tried out the traits mod by beelzeboss, and it was kind of terrible. Do the Third Era systems play nicely with others?

Anything super rad I may have missed would own.

horse mans posted:

About 50 hours into Requiem, level 14, and getting kind of sick of every end-of-dungeon chest containing 20-50 gold and an empty soul gem. Every time. When do I start getting rewarded for the work I'm putting into this ridiculous mod?

This is the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid. Unlevelled vendor garbage is terrible. Everyone having hide/iron level stuff at all times because of My Immersions is terrible. People fussed about bandits running around in Daedric gear in Oblivion, but that was more interesting than getting jumped by a bandit at level 100 who's using an iron dagger and the highwayman set.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is there any kind of mod that makes Skyrim work a little better in windowed mode by binding the cursor to it or such? I always end up having both my Windows cursor and Skyrim's cursor showing whenever I run the game in windowed mode, which is pretty much distracting to the point of unplayability.

Check GEMS/STEP. Both mention things that fix this. OneTweak will handle this, a bug that crashes the game most of the time, and allow borderless fullscreen.

Scyantific posted:

Re: Apoc's Replicate spell. It owns. I did it to Auriel's Bow and gave it to Erik the Slayer and Jenassa and loaded them up with Sunhallowed Arrows and then we went to town on at least 5 vampire lairs.

I dropped its cast time down to 0.1 and explosion time to 0 and made a stack of Dawnbreakers for a 1-handed character and Lydia and ran around exploding undead. :v: I PMed the author on the Nexus, but apparently there's no way it could ever do anything than what it does right now. No stacks, no enchantment copies. :(

edit: If anyone has modding experience, would it be possible to make a shopkeeper pull inventory from a chest without it being taken out? So you could say, toss Dawnbreaker in there and buy multiple of it from the shopkeeper as a workaround for the 1-at-a-time limit.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
You commented out "caged" in IncreasedSpawns.ini by accident.

Can I safely regenerate ASIS using new .ini settings mid-game, or once created am I stuck with them forever? This is probably a dumb question, and apologies in advance if it's answered elsewhere.

Ynglaur fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 12, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Phone-posting so I can't link, but try the SKSE plugin "One Tweak."

LtSmash: I'm going to do a bit of fiddling with it, see if I can't replace a few of the name exclusions with faction/cell exclusions. You already apparently added a feature I was going to ask for (the ability to increase/decrease Random spawns by name just like increasing/decreasing spawns) but would it be possible to add an option to increase/decrease/exclude by Keyword?

Also, and this may be a very silly question to ask at this point, but do random spawns replace the original spawn? I swear I've seen a sabercat become a bear.

One last silly question: When a random spawn occurs, does it spawn everything in that group or just pick one?

For example, if I have:

12= enchare enccow encgoat

Do I get a Rabbit, cow, and goat, or just one?

Edit:
Ynglaur: Uhm, I blame society.

I'll fix it when I get home.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 12, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Ynglaur posted:

Can I safely regenerate ASIS using new .ini settings mid-game, or once created am I stuck with them forever? This is probably a dumb question, and apologies in advance if it's answered elsewhere.
It should be fine. Spawn weights might not take right if you adjust them but you can use the MCM to change them. The scripts are written to detect if the patch has changed and shutdown if need be. You will get some errors if logging is enabled as it trips the first time. Also cells/npcs have to reset for some changes to take effect so everything might not happen right away.

Agents are GO! posted:

Phone-posting so I can't link, but try the SKSE plugin "One Tweak."

LtSmash: I'm going to do a bit of fiddling with it, see if I can't replace a few of the name exclusions with faction/cell exclusions. You already apparently added a feature I was going to ask for (the ability to increase/decrease Random spawns by name just like increasing/decreasing spawns) but would it be possible to add an option to increase/decrease/exclude by Keyword?

Also, and this may be a very silly question to ask at this point, but do random spawns replace the original spawn? I swear I've seen a sabercat become a bear.

One last silly question: When a random spawn occurs, does it spawn everything in that group or just pick one?

For example, if I have:

12= enchare enccow encgoat

Do I get a Rabbit, cow, and goat, or just one?

Edit:
Ynglaur: Uhm, I blame society.

I'll fix it when I get home.

Like skyrim ck keywords on the npc? That should be doable.

Random spawns create a new NPC in addition to whatever normally spawns. If its an area you had been to before that had reset you might have seen a previous asis spawn being cleaned up (it has to be done by script next time it loads) and something new spawning at about the same time. Then again skyrim has some weird bugs so who knows what's really ever going on.

Its one of rabbit, cow, or goat. If there is a desire I think it shouldn't be too hard to add another section where its all of them.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

It should be fine. Spawn weights might not take right if you adjust them but you can use the MCM to change them. The scripts are written to detect if the patch has changed and shutdown if need be. You will get some errors if logging is enabled as it trips the first time. Also cells/npcs have to reset for some changes to take effect so everything might not happen right away.

Like skyrim ck keywords on the npc? That should be doable.

Random spawns create a new NPC in addition to whatever normally spawns. If its an area you had been to before that had reset you might have seen a previous asis spawn being cleaned up (it has to be done by script next time it loads) and something new spawning at about the same time. Then again skyrim has some weird bugs so who knows what's really ever going on.

Its one of rabbit, cow, or goat. If there is a desire I think it shouldn't be too hard to add another section where its all of them.

1.) yeah, ck keywords is what I meant.
2.) that was probably it, although it was weird cause it the sabercat ran at me, paused, turned into a bear, and continued attacking.
3.) Adding that feature would be cool, and honestly I thought that was how it worked, I'm going to have to tweak my spawns now. :shobon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Scyantific posted:

I did, yes. Uh oh? :v:

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Is it nitpicky to be disappointed with Moonpath to Elsweyr over the lack of editing? There's typos, there's misspellings, there's random additional punctuation at times, and the capitalization is really erratic, even outside of the subtitles, and it's really annoying. Am I expecting too much from a mod?

(It doesn't help that navigating around the waterways feels like being inside a mysteriously leafy cave, complete with needing to be given keys to progress through locked doors to each further area, but I think I might be able to overlook that if the dialogue was better or at least less poorly edited.)

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
It was one of the first mods which ever attempted to add to the game at the scale which it does. I've never tried it myself - hell, I've yet finish Wyrmstooth or Falskaar.

Capn Beeb posted:

The newest version of Apoc supposedly was causing timed crashes for games which already had the prior version installed, I hadn't heard it was even causing problems on prior saves, though at this point, it wouldn't surprise me. It's why I'm still using the last version: not providing any upgrade path is just lazy bullshit. Seorin pulls that off with SPERG and that's mixing up at least if not more than Apoc does.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 12, 2014

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Yeah it seems to keep crashing when it goes to refresh vendor lists, so... awesome.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

The Mad Archivist posted:

The newest version of Apoc supposedly was causing timed crashes for games which already had the prior version installed, I hadn't heard it was even causing problems on prior saves, though at this point, it wouldn't surprise me. It's why I'm still using the last version: not providing any upgrade path is just lazy bullshit. Seorin pulls that off with SPERG and that's mixing up at least if not more than Apoc does.

The dude basically rewrote the entire mod, which is why it called for a new game.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

It was one of the first mods which ever attempted to add to the game at the scale which it does. I've never tried it myself - hell, I've yet finish Wyrmstooth or Falskaar.

I can appreciate the scale of it - I don't actually know how far I am into it, but there's been a bunch of different areas so far, and visually it looks really nice, if a bit claustrophobic in places. I am just so thrown by the quality of the text that I had to wonder if I was expecting too much and this is about what I can expect from mods that add new areas full of NPCs and quests.

(I guess this is a... half-endorsement? If you can read something that looks like it was typed too fast and never proofread and not have your blood pressure go up a point for every typo, I can enthusiastically recommend the mod; if you can't, I can't.)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Scyantific posted:

The dude basically rewrote the entire mod, which is why it called for a new game.

I'm using the script free version now and the crash log doesn't mention it, but now I'm getting:

code:
[04/12/2014 - 04:11:57AM] [sic_configmenuscript <SIC_ConfigMenuQuest (320C4C3A)>]: Loaded user settings. 
[04/12/2014 - 04:12:10AM] VM is freezing...
[04/12/2014 - 04:12:10AM] VM is frozen
Instant CTD when I fast travel, quick save, wait, or enter a new location.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm using the script free version now and the crash log doesn't mention it, but now I'm getting:

code:
[04/12/2014 - 04:11:57AM] [sic_configmenuscript <SIC_ConfigMenuQuest (320C4C3A)>]: Loaded user settings. 
[04/12/2014 - 04:12:10AM] VM is freezing...
[04/12/2014 - 04:12:10AM] VM is frozen

Just don't do any of those things and you'll be fine! :downs:

Does this happen on a new game?

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

Alasyre posted:

Extensible Follower Framework's latest beta (4.0).

That's Extensible Follower Framework, specifically Beta 4. Don't be scared by the Beta label, I'm running one of the earlier iterations of Beta 4 and it's totally stable. It's mainly due to some issue with SKSE holding off on an official update or something I poorly understand.

If you're planning on switching to EFF from another follower mod, though, remember to MAKE A CLEAN SAVE first, with all your followers dismissed. Dismiss your follower if upgrading from vanilla, as well.

Thanks guys, I was already running it (essential mod for me), but apparently I was still too early in my new game to get any companion. :o:

The last version being 4.x? or 5.05? Because looking at the mod page, EnaiSiaion only seems to mention problems with upgrades from 4.00 to 5.00 and up. I'm running 5.05 at the moment, and unsure whether to upgrade.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

<snipped papyrus log>
The papyrus log is not an error/crash log for the Skyrim executable and is generally useless when trying to determine the cause of a CTD.
It only logs debug stuff related to papyrus scripts and in the unlikely event that a script is the direct cause of a CTD, the game will likely have crashed before anything got logged. Unless you're trying to debug a script, there's no real point to having the papyrus logging .ini options enabled.

As for your CTD problems. In Bethesda's previous Gamebryo Engine you could in most cases get away with removing mods that contain a lot of scripts and/or other information that gets saved in the save file from a playthrough. But in Skyrim's Creation Engine doing this is a very bad idea. If you want to remove a script-heavy mod then unless you know what you're doing or the mod author has provided an uninstal procedure, either start a new game or revert back to an old save from before you installed the mod.
Also: Read the readmes/descriptionpages of mods. The "Troubles" section of Apocalypse's description page on the nexus is probably of interest to you. Especially the "How do I update from Apocalypse 4.00 or earlier?" and "I upgraded from 4.00 and now it crashes!" bits. Personally I'd avoid the save cleaner utilities, but SKSE's clearinvalidregistrations is perfectly save to try if you really don't want to start a new game.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 12, 2014

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Anybody know their way around ENB files? I can only do so much using the GUI to edit enbseries.ini variables and from what I understand a lot of people also monkey around with the other files like enbeffect.fx, enbprepass.fx, enbbloom.fx, etc., but I can't find much documentation on those things and I'd appreciate some direction.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Upmarket Mango posted:

Anybody know their way around ENB files? I can only do so much using the GUI to edit enbseries.ini variables and from what I understand a lot of people also monkey around with the other files like enbeffect.fx, enbprepass.fx, enbbloom.fx, etc., but I can't find much documentation on those things and I'd appreciate some direction.

Those fx files are DirectX shaders. You can either use something like NSight Graphics or just notepad and a developer's reference.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Agents are GO! posted:

Does this happen on a new game?

Not tried a new game yet, but I tried a different character and everything was fine.

Raygereio posted:

Also: Read the readmes/descriptionpages of mods. The "Troubles" section of Apocalypse's description page on the nexus is probably of interest to you. Especially the "How do I update from Apocalypse 4.00 or earlier?" and "I upgraded from 4.00 and now it crashes!" bits. Personally I'd avoid the save cleaner utilities, but SKSE's clearinvalidregistrations is perfectly save to try if you really don't want to start a new game.

Yeah I checked that and went to the script free version of 5.06. Oh well, probably have to make a new save, but at least with SkyTweak I can increase the rate of XP gains and poo poo.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any mods that add details and poo poo to cities without adding new NPCs and the like? I just want more clutter/statics and what not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Man, OBIS is a mess. At least I managed to fix the invisible bandit masks and take the BOOK OF BANDITS out of every single thug's loot tables.

• Locked thread