Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

vyelkin posted:

Wow, good one.

Thank you. It was scary at first because of the outrageous bias shown towards Liverpool ITF and the various non-fatal psychiatric disorders that afflict so many Liverpool fans but I'm really pleased to get this out in the open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I could be wrong, please dont shoot me when Moyes gets sacked and Shaw signs for Chelsea

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Manager of the month and joint players of the month for March. :allears:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Taff posted:

I could be wrong, please dont shoot me when Moyes gets sacked and Shaw signs for Chelsea

Nice backpeddling

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

Nice backpeddling

Theres like another few months of the season who knows what will happen!

Ive been spot on with everything else Ive predicted, no one can doubt me now not even Greg.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
I stand with Taff.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

So either way you've covered your bases with Moyes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
My sources are telling me that Moyes will either be sacked or he won't, or he might resign.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I remember when a dude on here predicted that Liverpool FC would never finish higher than fifth with Rodgers in charge. I wonder what he's up to these days.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Xabi posted:

I remember when a dude on here predicted that Liverpool FC would never finish higher than fifth with Rodgers in charge. I wonder what he's up to these days.

I believe he consistently wrote "Rogers" and not "Rodgers" so I think he may have tricked us

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Xabi posted:

Liverpool will not finish higher than fifth with Rodgers in charge is the new you won't win anything with kids

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Xabi posted:

He's posting under the name 'Pissflaps'.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

euroboy posted:

I believe he consistently wrote "Rogers" and not "Rodgers" so I think he may have tricked us

I believe Pissflaps is an immaculate speller, so that is not an argument he can make.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Liverpool can still finish 6th, let's not jump to any conclusions

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

Xabi posted:

I remember loads of dudes predicting that Stevie G one of the most complete players of his generation would be a liability this season because he can't run as much anymore.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

aeverous posted:

I remember loads of dudes predicting that Stevie G one of the most complete players of his generation would be a liability this season because he can't run as much anymore.

Seems a bit odd considering last season he was rather good in a similarly withdrawn position

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bovril Delight posted:

So either way you've covered your bases with Moyes

I dont mind if you guys dont believe me, I just pass on the info as I get it, I was told on the last day of the transfer window that United were seeing if they could push through a deal for Shaw but they were more confident of it going through in the summer, and I was told yesterday that my source doesnt think Moyes will be gone in the summer.

If he loses every game for the rest of the season then both of these could change and that wont be my fault. If you'd prefer I'll keep my itk supertips private so it doesnt distract from posting about Liverpool. :drac:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Taff posted:

I dont mind if you guys dont believe me, I just pass on the info as I get it, I was told on the last day of the transfer window that United were seeing if they could push through a deal for Shaw but they were more confident of it going through in the summer, and I was told yesterday that my source doesnt think Moyes will be gone in the summer.

If he loses every game for the rest of the season then both of these could change and that wont be my fault. If you'd prefer I'll keep my itk supertips private so it doesnt distract from posting about Liverpool. :drac:

I love Taff itk supertips, please don't!!

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009

tbp posted:

Seems a bit odd considering last season he was rather good in a similarly withdrawn position

It's gonna happen every year until he does actually decline but 33 was always too young for his career to be over when you look at his skillset.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Weaponized Cum posted:

He's posting under the name 'Pissflaps'.

That's a funny name. Sounds like real character.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

blue footed boobie posted:

Just wait until the next time he says something awesome and everyone rushes to the EPL thread to say how "boring and predictable" he is and how they don't care about him. It's delicious stuff OP.

The last time I can remember him saying something awesome was when he was making GBS threads on Samuel Eto'o and his fake age.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
I hope Chelsea win the league and the Champions League, RIP GOM

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
I believe in Taff's supertips.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I hope Pissflaps does get banned when Liverpool finish higher than fifth with Rodgers in charge. I don't have any strong feelings for or against Pissflaps, but there's simply no getting out of that one, a captain must go down with his ship.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Taff itk, more like Taff idk.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

not not luvd posted:

Agree. I loved him when he was in Italy and Spain because you didn't have to actually deal with his poo poo you could laugh from a distance.

Now it's just annoying.

It's this for fucks sake, I remember a bunch of you guys coming and laughing at us in the Serie A thread for being annoyed with Mourinho when he was at Inter. Now that I don't have to deal with his poo poo it's much more enjoyable, though his personality has started to get a bit more abrasive and less entertaining than it used to be.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Hoops posted:

I hope Pissflaps does get banned when Liverpool finish higher than fifth with Rodgers in charge. I don't have any strong feelings for or against Pissflaps, but there's simply no getting out of that one, a captain must go down with his ship.

Last time he screwed up a prediction he hid behind the technicality of someone else posting under a similar name even though his mistake was clear as day

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Pissflaps will NOT be banned because it was not a toxx, it was a Pissflaps Prediction©, which is not legally binding.

In PL news I'm feeling physically sick already in the buildup to Sunday morning. Title challenges are the best thing but they are very hard to deal with emotionally, imo

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

euroboy posted:

Flaps used Rodgers on at least one occasion so we can consider it a real prediction.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

Pissflaps will NOT be banned because it was not a toxx, it was a Pissflaps Prediction©, which is not legally binding.

In PL news I'm feeling physically sick already in the buildup to Sunday morning. Title challenges are the best thing but they are very hard to deal with emotionally, imo
lol beta

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

I saw Flanagan call it the biggest game for Liverpool since 2005, I guess he's not wrong on that? I just looked up the 2008-2009 season and it wasn't quite as close as I remembered it, there wasn't really any one game Liverpool could have won to take the title (or take the lead, at least).

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

The Mash posted:

I saw Flanagan call it the biggest game for Liverpool since 2005, I guess he's not wrong on that? I just looked up the 2008-2009 season and it wasn't quite as close as I remembered it, there wasn't really any one game Liverpool could have won to take the title (or take the lead, at least).

08/09 was incredibly close and I felt sorry for them when they didn't win it. I would probably say that was a better team than this current one too.

The difference is Suarez and Sturridge this time around.

There are two absolutely huge games this weekend.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

not not luvd posted:

08/09 was incredibly close and I felt sorry for them when they didn't win it. I would probably say that was a better team than this current one too.

There are two absolutely huge games this weekend.

It seemed like a much better team then yeah

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The Mash posted:

Nah, I think we had a nightmare February and dropped behind. It was never in our own hands during the run-in, like it is now.

not not luvd posted:

I think the main difference is that we have both Sturridge and Suarez, plus the likes of Sterling/Coutinho/Henderson (and Skrtel lol) chipping in with some goals. Back then we had Torres and Gerrard, and if either of them had a bad game, it seemed like the whole team did. This season we've survived Suarez missing 6 matches, plus his run of 5 games without scoring, Sturridge was injured for a while, and Sterling and Coutinho's form has been in and out. We've been lucky having Flanagan step up and not just play at left back, but be pretty decent there too.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 11, 2014

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

In PL news I'm feeling physically sick already in the buildup to Sunday morning.

I think we can all get on board with a tasty 8-8 goalfest.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Can't Liverpool and City just share the league half and half and then piss on a photo of alex ferguson?

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

The Mash posted:

I saw Flanagan call it the biggest game for Liverpool since 2005

Liverpool were in a pretty big game in 2007

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

The Mash posted:

Biggest Premier League match ever. 08/09 they were always chasing, hoping for a United slip that never happened. 4 points, all those loving draws, :sigh:. Different vibe too, this team scores for fun, that one just ground everything out.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Bugger the title race the important game is tomorrow at Craven Cottage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Blue Screen Error posted:

Bugger the title race the important game is tomorrow at Craven Cottage

there will probably be more goals than on sunday

• Locked thread