Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

How does he breathe or see in that thing?

Like a lot of movie costumes probably not very well and he takes it right off between takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Singer is already starting to talk about Age of Apocalypse, not a lot of information but surprisingly confirming that the main trio of Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence will be in it.

quote:

We’re still weeks away from the unveiling of Fox’s ginormous X-Men: Days of Future Past (the cover of this week’s EW) but, fittingly, director Bryan Singer and producer/writer Simon Kinberg can only look ahead: The pair are developing, along with X2 writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty, the next X-Men film, Apocalypse, slated for May 27, 2016. Not much about the film is known, but Singer says that the film will be “somewhat” based on the 1990 comic storyline “Age of Apocalypse,” which features ancient villain Apocalypse and imagines an alternate universe. “[The movie] won’t necessarily create an alternate universe, but there may be some swapping things that I’m playing with,” admits Singer. Adds Kinberg, “From a visual standpoint it actually may be a bigger movie than Days of Future Past because there’ll be disaster movie imagery, like the title would imply.”

Days of Future Past will provide clues to the storyline of Apocalypse. Says Singer, “You won’t feel at the end of the movie that it set up Apocalypse. What it does is it sets up possibilities. But what we’ll discover in Apocalypse is that events in this movie made that happen.” He adds, “Apocalypse deals with ancient mutancy. What would humans have thought mutants were? What would mutants think humans were? You’re dealing with gods and things like that. And what if one survived and what if that found its way into our world?”
X-Men: Apocalypse will follow Charles (James McAvoy), Erik (Michael Fassbender), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), and Hank (Nicholas Hoult), and Singer says that those actors are all on board from deals signed for First Class. Singer also says he’s interested in bringing in other mutants, like Gambit and Nightcrawler. “I’m excited because I want to start introducing familiar characters at different ages and also explore the ‘80s.”

source

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Will they make Xavier bald eventually?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If its going to be the 80s, Singer needs Dazzler.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Maybe Xavier's pulling a Hackman and wearing wigs like Lex did in all the Superman movies.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

That last line about familiar characters makes me think he'll be reintroducing the original cast like young cyclops and storm.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

Waterhaul posted:

Singer is already starting to talk about Age of Apocalypse, not a lot of information but surprisingly confirming that the main trio of Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence will be in it.

source

So they're basically following the arc of the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon? First season was Days of Future Past and the previewed second season was going to be Age of Apocalypse. All this news does is make me wish that cartoon hadn't been canceled. It does not pump me up for these movie clusterfucks whatsoever.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jagermonster posted:

So they're basically following the arc of the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon? First season was Days of Future Past and the previewed second season was going to be Age of Apocalypse. All this news does is make me wish that cartoon hadn't been canceled. It does not pump me up for these movie clusterfucks whatsoever.

That cartoon ruled, and I was so goddamn pumped after that last AoA tease. Man, Marvel is wasting that license. Why is there no awesome X-Men cartoon running now? Why is every X-Men video game complete garbage?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Hakkesshu posted:

That cartoon ruled, and I was so goddamn pumped after that last AoA tease. Man, Marvel is wasting that license. Why is there no awesome X-Men cartoon running now? Why is every X-Men video game complete garbage?

Considering how terrible Marvel's cartoons are right now, I wouldn't mind them dragging their feet on an X-Men show until Loeb leaves.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

muscles like this? posted:

Like a lot of movie costumes probably not very well and he takes it right off between takes.

I'm guessing when we first see starlord at the beginning of the movie, he's wearing that. It comes off shortly after, then he never puts it back on again. But yeah it looks very uncomfortable.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Doesn't bode well for DOFP if Singer can't even work up the will to hype it a month before its release date instead of his next movie.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I wouldn't say that's exclusively a Days of Future Past thing. Every superhero film now has to have mid/post credits scene that they hype up before the film is released as major "must see" scenes and all they usually are is a 30 second trailer for the next film. Every studio has to be in constant build up/hype where you're going to be in 5 sequels time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IUG posted:

Those red things might be lenses that are made of glass that allows him to see through them. (I'm also sure that it's not air tight IRL.)

I think it looks pretty rad. Although I'm wondering why, in universe, you would make a mask like that and leave your brain hair exposed.

He calls himself Star Lord, he operates under the rule of cool.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

http://www.25moments.com/#!/moments/1962

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

IUG posted:

Those red things might be lenses that are made of glass that allows him to see through them. (I'm also sure that it's not air tight IRL.)

I think it looks pretty rad. Although I'm wondering why, in universe, you would make a mask like that and leave your brain hair exposed.

I'm guessing it's meant to be an oxygen mask and not a helmet, maybe you're supposed to wear something over it but it kept messing up his hair?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Interesting that the Quicksilver picture has him listed as "Pietro Maximoff" and "Quicksilver;" I thought Fox only had the rights to one of those names and Marvel had the other.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

rantmo posted:

Interesting that the Quicksilver picture has him listed as "Pietro Maximoff" and "Quicksilver;" I thought Fox only had the rights to one of those names and Marvel had the other.

Oh that reminds me that Singer said in an interview that there may or may not be an allusion to Pietro's parentage at some point in the film, but they are apparently going to be coy about the whole thing.

Also, are there any mutants that have manifested their X-gene at birth? In reference to that baby Colossus pic there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Avulsion posted:

I'm guessing it's meant to be an oxygen mask and not a helmet, maybe you're supposed to wear something over it but it kept messing up his hair?

The DnA design that that is kind of based off of had him wearing a helmet on top of the mask.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

zoux posted:

Also, are there any mutants that have manifested their X-gene at birth? In reference to that baby Colossus pic there.

Nightcrawler and Multiple Man are two that immediately come to mind. Franklin Richards maybe?

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013

zoux posted:

Oh that reminds me that Singer said in an interview that there may or may not be an allusion to Pietro's parentage at some point in the film, but they are apparently going to be coy about the whole thing.

That slideshow also references the mutant expression being premature because of Chernobyl.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MagnesiumB posted:

That slideshow also references the mutant expression being premature because of Chernobyl.

Well I've read Colossus Origins and maybe Singer should too :colbert:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

rantmo posted:

Fox has the rights to both, I would presume Marvel only has the rights to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

The color matching here is so loving bad.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Somebody thought Baby Colossus photoshop was a good idea, and despite all evidence they will not be fired.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr. Maltose posted:

Somebody thought Baby Colossus photoshop was a good idea, and despite all evidence they will not be fired.

Probably the same person who came up with QS's outfit.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

This is going to be a million loving times worse than X3. I can already taste it

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I don't normally give a poo poo about internet marketing hype crap, but that 25 moments site is neat. It's interesting to see superhero movies like this and Cap 2 starting to turn a serious eye towards society's ills (in a safe, blockbuster Hollywood type way, but still)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ignite Memories posted:

This is going to be a million loving times worse than X3. I can already taste it

I loved the poo poo out of First Class, but I don't have too much hope for this. I'll still see it as soon as I can, but Anime North is that weekend, and I won't be crying if I don't see it opening night. Its just above Transformers and NInja turtles in my "want to see summer 2014 movies" list, and those two are the last on the list.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wow. The Nixon was is pretty bad, but this one just doesn't work. It looks like someone put Evan Peter's head on a runner's body. Which they probably did, but it shouldn't look like that. His head is so drat big.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Can we just for one second talk about that horrendous wig?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

We can talk minutes about that horrible wig. Literal silver hair is the silliest thing. White hair? Sure. I can buy that. That's cool.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
More info about the Sinister Six movie got posted today.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/11/the-sinister-six-is-a-tale-of-redemption

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Forest Gump did this same trick in 1998 and managed to make it more seamless and convincing than this.

It's unfair to judge a movie based around a promotional website that Singer most likely had no involvement in, but this is just rotten.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Nice how they used that site to kill off Beast and Angel to explain their absence from this movie.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dacap posted:

Nice how they used that site to kill off Beast and Angel to explain their absence from this movie.

Beast is definitely in the movie, he's featured in like every piece of promotional material.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Beast is definitely in the movie, he's featured in like every piece of promotional material.

Kelsey Grammar old Beast was killed off.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Kelsey Grammar old Beast was killed off.

Right, which is the equivalent of the bit in the original DOFP storyline where you see all the mutant tombstones.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

South Korea's Captain America list

I would watch a movie that was focused entirely on Steve Rogers face reacting to watching Oldboy.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Waterhaul posted:

I wouldn't say that's exclusively a Days of Future Past thing. Every superhero film now has to have mid/post credits scene that they hype up before the film is released as major "must see" scenes and all they usually are is a 30 second trailer for the next film. Every studio has to be in constant build up/hype where you're going to be in 5 sequels time.

The Marvel stingers are great, but the point is to work on an audience that has just seen the movie not one that could not yet possibly have done so. I don't know of any studio that spoils out the content of the stinger in advance of the movie (not that the spoilers don't get out), let alone the director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

South Korea's Captain America list

I would watch a movie that was focused entirely on Steve Rogers face reacting to watching Oldboy.

Forget that, I want to see Steve Rogers play DDR.

• Locked thread