Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Holy poo poo.

I dug out my copy of the game after the naval battle and built up my own super-princess General and she got herself splattered when this event came up (all that generalling doesn't quite work against a numerical disadvantage seems like). I voted to die with dignity because I was so sure we were hosed either way.

Hurray for anti-lumen hysteria!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Good job Dad on making up for Elodie's incompetence! Hopefully he doesn't lie in a coma forever and actually wakes up near the end.

Let's practice public speaking x2 to honor him when we get to coronation.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Dear thread, I must apologize. While I did trust in the tux, I did not trust in you. You have shown me the error of my ways. The econoprincess stands strong in her tux. Well done.

Presence and public speaking and I mean, duh, the tux

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Sindai posted:

Dad is one hardcore motherfucker. We'll always remember your indifference to all our poor decisions as almost-queen. Goodnight, sweet prince. :patriot::911:

He may not have cared about the kingdom.... but without question he cared about his daughter. Hopefully he will wake up from his Coma in less than 10 years. Or perhaps he shall become destined to wake up on the day that once again his beloved daughter faces unparalleled peril so he can save her in her (latest) time of need :britain:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Super Jay Mann posted:

Let's see, if my memory serves me properly, we needed to

- Imprison Julianna
- Piss off priestess lady by refusing to release her
- Gain enough intrigue to get the choice of using our intelligence network
- Choose to find Julianna and then ask Brin about it, priestess escapes
- Talk to daddy so he can look for the Magic Anti-Magic 9000
- Only other thing I can think of is maybe what we do with the evil spirits guy? I don't know if our choice makes a difference when we talk to daddy or not.

Huh, that's actually not a whole lot as far as skill checks go, but certainly not a path I can foresee a lot of people taking.

Yeah, the only skill you need for this path is an Internal Affairs of 50 or so. You do need to execute the evil spirits guy to trigger the event where he escapes.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Magnificent. We must work on Herbs so we can revive our father. This is our highest priority now. We must revive our father.

How else could we put him on trial for secretly being a Lumen?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Throw another :stonk: in the pile, that's not what I was expecting to happen at all! I totally forgot about the anti-Lumen artifacts. Hurray for Chekhov's Mirror!

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Holy poo poo, anime dad.

Public Speaking x2 because I really think we're gonna need to be speech making. (Also vote for Royal Gown)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Stephen9001 posted:

He may not have cared about the kingdom.... but without question he cared about his daughter. Hopefully he will wake up from his Coma in less than 10 years. Or perhaps he shall become destined to wake up on the day that once again his beloved daughter faces unparalleled peril so he can save her in her (latest) time of need :britain:

So, Tuesday then?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
e: removed spoilers

flerp fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 12, 2014

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Broenheim posted:

You also need to worry about stuff, and make sure we don't eat the chocolate, which we can pass with either econ, court manners, or dogs.

Or with two other things! :eng101:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 12, 2014

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Broenheim posted:

You also need to worry about...

Some of those things you posted are things that we haven't see yet. :v:

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

MegaZeroX posted:

Illuminate!

Your hair stands on end as a veil of blue sparkles settles over your father, crawling into his skin. When it's over, the jewel has been absorbed into his body without a trace.

Without a trace, you say? :v:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I beat the game four times and have never seen this. I've been following the thread just to laugh at goons getting themselves killed and now I can't decide between following this path myself or experiencing it with the rest of the thread.

This is the first time I've seen Dad do anything useful and it just happened to be the defeating the the Unbeatable Anime King.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

What? :psyduck: Dad, you're the best. I guess somehow we did the right thing? Was it focusing our attention on fighting the Lumen threat that did it? I really didn't expect us to survive... it was more of a "go down fighting bravely" moment.

E: Actually, court stuff sounds fine.

Yes, we somehow did the right thing. I saw the bad result of this path, where e: stuff happens. :(

And yeah, court stuff.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 12, 2014

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I bookmarked this long ago and forgot about and just marathoned through every update, only to find this treasure waiting for me?

Shaezerus posted:

God :drat: that's awesome.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Shaezerus posted:

:golfclap: Very nice.

We should do public speaking and internal affairs. And also tuxedos.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Shaezerus posted:

Look at the majesty of our King, savior of Nova :911:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
...Well, on the other hand, we now have a mysteriously comatose Lumen in the royal bedchamber. Perform herbal experiments on him. Lots of herbal experiments.

Best case scenario, we get our lovely dad back and are idolized for our skills in medicine. Worst case scenario, we're victorious over yet another Lumen.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
:stare: Godlovingdammit Joslyn you sly dog. You are the best dowager king and dad ever. Now we can truly step into glorious villaindom, as we now have the objective of healing our awesome dad, whatever the cost. However, for the meantime, let's focus on ruling this kingdom he granted us, maybe with his life. Let's study Internal Affairs x2.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This is how the statue we order raised in his honor must look.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

:patriot: A true hero.

Public Speaking x2 so we can deliver a speech worthy of his valor.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Wait, what? Well, I sure didn't see that one coming. Cool.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I knew we'd met the requirements for this scene, but was afraid the thread would do something stupid like have Elodie lead the fleet or refuse the duel and get her killed.

Stuff like this is why I like this game. There are all kinds of scenes and endings with complex or obscure requirements. It makes every playthrough tell a slightly different story depending on your choices.

Study Elegance and Presence. Time to start acting like a real monarch now that dad can't do it for us.

Mountaineer fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 12, 2014

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
Holy crap, we lived? I thought pretty much all the evil anime king plotlines ended with us dead, especially given what we picked for stats. Dad actually being useful was unbelievable.

Say what you will, but that motherfucker maxed out reflexes. We should follow his example.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

That was amazing. We must wear the tux and study public speaking x2 in order to honour not-so-useless-after-all-Elodad.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
:stonk:

Well. gently caress me sideways, I did not expect dad to come through.

We have to learn to be a proper queen, in his memory. Wear the gown, public speaking, and foreign intelligence. We will not be caught unaware again, and will have the entire god drat nation behind us.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
Just wanted to say this thread made me go ahead and pick up this game. Not a bad way to spend my money. Great LP.

And wear the tux.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Shaezerus posted:

Shaezerus, that is God drat Amazing.

I'll vote for Herbs x2 Elodie is a genius princess savant when it comes to learning, maybe it could help dad in the ending!

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Decoration x2

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
I did not expect Joslyn to be actually useful in that fight. :stare: Holy crap, King Dad.

I wonder how he practised for this event. Maybe something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ5ziNOtoMU&t=51s

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Way to go, Joslyn! Your wife would be so proud!

Now we just need to survive through the remaining weeks/checks somehow. I wonder whether we've sufficiently pissed off that faction...

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean I've been here before but I figured we were dead either way. Is Josylyn winning a new event? Like patched in or something?
I think it is. It wasn't in the game when I first bought, at least.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean I've been here before but I figured we were dead either way. Is Josylyn winning a new event? Like patched in or something?

I believe it was added in the patch Hanako made for the Steam release.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Holy poo poo dad you rule :stare:

We must honor his :black101: memory :black101: by going full badass, becoming angry, wearing the tux and studying swords and more swords.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
Man that was not what I was expecting from that duel. Holy poo poo.

We've defeated the outside threat, now we just need to look good at home. Public speaking, court manners.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Ephemeron posted:

Now we just need to survive through the remaining weeks/checks somehow. I wonder whether we've sufficiently pissed off that faction...

I have to wonder, yeah. It's definitely not over yet -- we've got at least three rogue Lumens on the loose, and Joslyn can't protect us from them anymore. Not to mention we've been jacking up taxes, cutting funding to hospitals, refusing to go to important noblewomen's birthday parties, and sending Nova's entire military to its doom. A rebellion could very well be on its way.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 12, 2014

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

I have to wonder, yeah. It's definitely not over yet -- we've got at least three rogue Lumens on the loose, and Joslyn can't protect us from them anymore. Not to mention we've been jacking up taxes, cutting funding to hospitals, refusing to go to important noblewomen's birthday parties, and sending Nova's entire military to its doom. A rebellion could very well be on its way.

Yes but we made a really nice book about our mother! That has to count for something, right?

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Lareine posted:

Yes but we made a really nice book about our mother! That has to count for something, right?

Which talked about how wonderful she was, and how much we hoped no one would forget her... which could mean everyone's been comparing us to her ever since week 15 :ohdear:

Rogue Lemon
Nov 15, 2012
Well, in lieu of rogue Lumens out for our blood, stray arrows seem to still be the most popular way to remove royalty. How about Reflexes and Battlefield Medicine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

• Locked thread