Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I keep telling myself, "at least the quests are good."

Are they though???

they're okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

Are they though???

they're okay

But are they really??

can't complain.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
They're good! I've been enjoying all the new/reworked quests, at least. Playing back through the game you can definitely tell the jump in quality compared to stuff like Underground Path, which hasn't been updated in forever. Old sprites, old fx, etc. The animation for crossing the gaps in the final room down there is ridiculously janky.

Stolen Hearts and Diamond in the Rough were mind-boggling in comparison, especially since I hadn't played in about five years. Coming back not only to the complete graphical revamp but to new content like that was astounding.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I hate reworked quests when they end up being listed as new ones and I have to redo the thing.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Install Windows posted:

I hate reworked quests when they end up being listed as new ones and I have to redo the thing.

I'd have hated it more if I came back and learned that I couldn't do Stolen Hearts because I did Rescue Prince Ali all those years ago.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

he throws ponies into everything in-game he gets his hands on.

Got any links/screenshots of this?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
He's the lead dev for player-owned ports, and they're all over the place, along with other terrible memes.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Got any links/screenshots of this?

I linked it earlier in the thread but here it is again:

Granted he didn't actually put this in game... or maybe he did and we just don't know it yet.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Themata posted:

Granted he didn't actually put this in game... or maybe he did and we just don't know it yet.

Jagex has actual lawyers to watch out for crap like that, since it'd get them sued to hell and back by Hasbro.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Jagex are making a Transformers game...

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Yup. Never say never.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Just because you have the Transformers license, doesn't mean they get to use every Hasbro property ever.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That may be true but they may have contacts at Hasbro that you could as senior developer say, "Hey here's a little something I worked on. What do you think?"

Unless something else is already out there, its not completely out of the realm of possibility. :ohdear:

e: Then again the hasbro deal was years ago. Something would have popped up by now. I'll deal with the joke examines or whatever. TBH I don't know what was referred to earlier other than the themata pic.

Yes, it's now Your pic. :colbert:

Themata posted:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 12, 2014

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

That may be true but they may have contacts at Hasbro that you could as senior developer say, "Hey here's a little something I worked on. What do you think?"

Unless something else is already out there, its not completely out of the realm of possibility. :ohdear:

e: Then again the hasbro deal was years ago. Something would have popped up by now. I'll deal with the joke examines or whatever. TBH I don't know what was referred to earlier other than the themata pic.

Yes, it's now Your pic. :colbert:

For context, it was from a thread Mod Moltaire (the brony) posted on the fake Mods forum saying "New Solomon Pets, thoughts?!" and of course April Fools so it's obviously a JOKE guys and not something he actually wants in the game, thus just made Runescape models for ironically.

Seriously though, take that back and don't you dare associate that picture with my name! <:mad:>

NamePolice
Feb 26, 2011
While RS3 is having polls so pubbies can destroy the beautiful integrity of their game (Lol the Troll), the OSRS dev team is making hard-hitting polls that really ask the tough questions, such as:

:jagex:

NamePolice fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 13, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Player poll content will be the worst part generally. Not sure of any game where player-polled content worked out for the better without major manipulation. drat shame since the game was generally getting better.

Themata posted:

Seriously though, take that back and don't you dare associate that picture with my name! <:mad:>

Hey, possession is 9/10ths of the law. And with the euro conversion that's 6.48/7.20 which is worse.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

NamePolice posted:

While RS3 is having polls so pubbies can destroy the beautiful integrity of their game (Lol the Troll), the OSRS dev team is making hard-hitting polls that really ask the tough questions, such as:

:jagex:

OSRS Selfies own :colbert:

TheDirtyJerz
Feb 21, 2009

Shacklin' the masses with drastic rap tactics.
I've decided to change my name "Richard Dawkins" so when the global announcement of 'Richard Dawkins has achieved 99 Prayer" gets broadcast, future generations of Neckbeards doff their trilbies in remembrance of the lives lost in The Great Irony Singularity of 2014.

Magres posted:

OSRS Selfies own :colbert:

I'm going to snort my little brother's Adderall and grind urns all weekend-but first: lemme take a selfie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010

TheDirtyJerz posted:

I've decided to change my name "Richard Dawkins" so when the global announcement of 'Richard Dawkins has achieved 99 Prayer" gets broadcast, future generations of Neckbeards doff their trilbies in remembrance of the lives lost in The Great Irony Singularity of 2014.

I'm going to snort my little brother's Adderall and grind urns all weekend-but first: lemme take a selfie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0

Joke's on you, the name'd be too long :smug:.

TheDirtyJerz
Feb 21, 2009

Shacklin' the masses with drastic rap tactics.

Dwarf posted:

Joke's on you, the name'd be too long :smug:.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my metaironic smug masterpiece defeated in fell swoop drat YOU JAGEX :orks:

In other news, I've named my fantasy league baseball team "Backup Jorts". They aren't as nice as your steppin' out jorts, but they're solid and in the trunk of your Smart car should you need them. Remember the Anthrocon 2011 after party when that loving otter spilled an Amstel Light all over your Guy Fieri flame shirt and primary jorts? A lesser man would have went back to his room and watched "Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky" until things started making sense. Not you. You have the confidence that only comes with Backup Jorts. You deftly stepped to your room, suited up, blew a kiss to your Asuna Yuuki pillow waifu and were back on the floor before anyone realized you were gone. Or would have noticed you were gone if you had any friends. I digress.

Backup Jorts. Never leave your basement without them.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Average Bear posted:

This works. If you can trigger the "completed" flag for any of these, you can get keys for literally anything without doing anything.

Drownin in this bonus xp here.

Is there anyway to trigger the completed flag for the ones that require signing up with a credit card?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

TheDirtyJerz posted:

New thread title, please please please

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
has anyone got a Lyre to drop from Lanzig in the Freminik trials on old or new Runescape? I have 1 fletching and 31 crafting and don't have the cash to level either. Picking flax is also super boring.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

has anyone got a Lyre to drop from Lanzig in the Freminik trials on old or new Runescape? I have 1 fletching and 31 crafting and don't have the cash to level either. Picking flax is also super boring.

Nope. You can do crafting at citadel, and I might be able to help you with leveling Fletching (don't know your in-game name though).
If you get a Seers Headband, it's great for chopping regular logs because you get two at once. Combine that by doing evil trees, and the leprechaun magic will keep the trees from toppling usually, allowing you to get bunches of regular logs quite quickly (especially in areas like south of Seer's Village).

For the new minigame, I've only done three rounds but quickly accumulated close to 330 points. I noticed that there seems to be a straightforward path open, either on the left or right. If you just run straight through there, you can usually survive all 10 rounds which is a fast way to grind out renown. I ran it with two dudes dressed exactly the same and our success rate was extremely high. Turn on guard stun when a monkey gets near, get your flameproof out if you're about to run into fire, and rest to try and get enough HP so that come round 10, you can just burst through with no risk of death!

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I got one like 10 min after making that post, I've finished that Quest. On my way to 60 attack.

This is 2007 RS so I don't know if it works in EOC.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
I just had third game in a row end and one of the pubbies said "I don't want to play on the same world as pizza lady" cause I wasn't dying fast enough apparently and then they all world hopped. I killed the game on that world. :(

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

I just had third game in a row end and one of the pubbies said "I don't want to play on the same world as pizza lady" cause I wasn't dying fast enough apparently and then they all world hopped. I killed the game on that world. :(

A good goon right here. :golfclap:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Kgummy, LeBron, and Frag along with whoever else was there, Brassicacrew was a success. Glad we could own some pubbie noobs.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Is there anyway to trigger the completed flag for the ones that require signing up with a credit card?

Unfortunately not that I can see. Those ones are investigated by the offerers themselves, rather than SuperSonicAds' slave/bot team.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

TheDirtyJerz posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my metaironic smug masterpiece defeated in fell swoop drat YOU JAGEX :orks:

In other news, I've named my fantasy league baseball team "Backup Jorts". They aren't as nice as your steppin' out jorts, but they're solid and in the trunk of your Smart car should you need them. Remember the Anthrocon 2011 after party when that loving otter spilled an Amstel Light all over your Guy Fieri flame shirt and primary jorts? A lesser man would have went back to his room and watched "Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky" until things started making sense. Not you. You have the confidence that only comes with Backup Jorts. You deftly stepped to your room, suited up, blew a kiss to your Asuna Yuuki pillow waifu and were back on the floor before anyone realized you were gone. Or would have noticed you were gone if you had any friends. I digress.

Dick Dawkins

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
Dick Dorkins.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Something is wrong with this map. Can you see what it is?

edit: better picture

Simsmagic fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 16, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

Can you see what it is?

Everyone is not in world 60.

Except penguin. The rich always get the exceptions.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Everyone is not in world 60.

Except penguin. The rich always get the exceptions.

:VIP: bitches

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Is there a way to get to Mor'ton to kill Shades without all your food getting turned rotten/ getting teleported away after killing 2 of them?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Easiest way is to do Branches of Darkmeyer so you can just teleport to Burgh de Rott (and have that town open and its bank, but opening the town is an earlier quest in that line)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Is there a way to get to Mor'ton to kill Shades without all your food getting turned rotten/ getting teleported away after killing 2 of them?

Get a few druid pouches, use the Canifis cellar shortcut to run to the boat which leads to Mort'ton.

Alternatively you can do the second Myreque quest which unlocks a bank in Burgh de Rott, just south of Mort'ton.

(Do Branches of Darkmeyer for infinite teleport item or get all trek characters to level 75 for Games Necklace teleport unlock :getin:)

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Is this a new thing or is it old and I never had this happen to me(that I remember)?

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Saucy has been playing on OSRS I think, but I don't think I've ever heard of being teleported away. The OSRS team added mini game teleports via the quest menu that operate on a 20 minute timer (essentially a variation of lodestones, only without invalidating the use of teleport spells/laws), so you could feasibly use the shades of mortton or temple building teleport to get there.

You can access the mini game teleports by toggling the blue quest menu symbol to red, and selecting a mini game from the drop down menu. (I wish more people did blast furnace, the new bank chest there makes it some of the best gp/hr for OSRS when run with 5+ people)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

So Hinze, what's your cooking level?

• Locked thread