Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The best thing about Battle of the Atom was future Mustache Colossus, with second place going to Gandalf Iceman, but I don't think even those things combined made up for dragging an at most 3 issue story out to ten issues over 3 books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I kinda wish present Molly met future Molly, at least before future Molly gets killed. Her reactions would have been great, and halfway make up for how terrible the character and storyline were.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Future Molly didn't actually die, Magiks sword has a stun setting.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
THEN HOPE REMAINS

Not that, y'know, anyone's going to do anything with Molly now. Or ever have the Runaways together again.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Come on, you know Molly is out having adventures with Doop in mind-boggling alternate realities.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm guessing that version of Molly was from one possible future, so maybe she won't turn out to be a giant, roided-out steampunk reject.

Well, at least she gets to be strong enough to brawl with colossus.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Say Nothing posted:

I'm guessing that version of Molly was from one possible future, so maybe she won't turn out to be a giant, roided-out steampunk reject.

Well, at least she gets to be strong enough to brawl with colossus.

She was strong enough to do that when she was twelve.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Gavok posted:

Now that I think of it, I don't recall ever seeing Mojo show up in a single What If issue.

Does the female Mojo (the teacher from the hellfire academy) in Wolverine and the X-men count?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jango Fett: Open Seasons #4

There's another scene from this issue which I'll see if I can upload.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
That is some drat inconsistent art.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #1. Danny Rand has just leapt outside his window for reasons unknown.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Metal Loaf posted:

Jango Fett: Open Seasons #4

There's another scene from this issue which I'll see if I can upload.

That's not badass, that just really dumb hamfisted writing. "My make believe bullshit is better than your make believe bullshit"

This however

TwoPair posted:

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #1. Danny Rand has just leapt outside his window for reasons unknown.

is god damned amazing. I love the current Marvel trend of getting amazing artists on b-list character's books (writer too in this case).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Either those magnetic gloves are drawing the pistols to Jango INCREDIBLY slowly, or Count Dooku (that is Dooku, right?) is talking like Alvin the Chipmunk.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Vincent posted:

Does the female Mojo (the teacher from the hellfire academy) in Wolverine and the X-men count?

She didn't last time I brought up both her and Mojo II in a discussion about there being only one Mojo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

That's terrible/derivative/boring design. She looks like Katie Fairchild from Gen13, also.

Agreed. She'd be way more badass if she was still incredibly strong but normal to short sized, like Kitty.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Choco1980 posted:

She didn't last time I brought up both her and Mojo II in a discussion about there being only one Mojo.

There's only one Mojoverse, but there can be and have been multiple Mojos.

See? Simple.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

There's only one Mojoverse, but there can be and have been multiple Mojos.

See? Simple.

The premise of the question is flawed "Why is there an intrinsic part of the universe keeping balance between life and death in every alternate universe but only one reality TV presenting fat jaundiced guy with robo-spiderlegs?"

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

SirDan3k posted:

The premise of the question is flawed "Why is there an intrinsic part of the universe keeping balance between life and death in every alternate universe but only one reality TV presenting fat jaundiced guy with robo-spiderlegs?"

Because Alternate Reality Mojo is almost always going to be boring and 'more-of-the-same' while Alternate Reality Galactus can be something awesome.

What more reason do you need? :D

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Are those ~40 ninjas all rappelling from two 2-seater Apaches?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

Are those ~40 ninjas all rappelling from two 2-seater Apaches?

They weren't rapelling, they were dangling.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
What do you expect in this economy? Two Apaches are cheaper than 40 jetpacks.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
That makes a lot of sense. "Professional Ninja" can't rake in a ton of money these days, they're lucky they can even afford clothes (unlike those really poor ninjas in Nextwave).

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

PoptartsNinja posted:

(unlike those really poor ninjas in Nextwave).

Show, don't tell.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Since my previous effort wasn't so successful, I'll try again with Infinity Gauntlet #5:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Thanos is so powerful he switched their titles. :monocle:

:)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not badass violence, but badass artwork. The latest chapter of the manga Berserk is out after over a years absence and the art is incredible.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Miura isn't making it easy sometimes, but man does he put out some incredible work.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'd crosspost that in the Good Art thread if I were you, though it is badass in its way.

I think its funny that after all the resentment and frustration with Miura's delays and storytelling, he can still shut me the gently caress up when he releases something.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Iron Man #24: Tony Stark is trying to hunt down the rings of the Mandarin, which have become sentient. However, the rings have recently caught the eye of Malekith, the dark elf antagonist from the last arc of Thor God of Thunder, who's trying to collect them all. So Tony tried to invade Svartalfheim to get them back but hosed up his stealth mission and now the elves are hunting him. Additionally, his suit's damaged and he's injured.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hahahaha. Of course. Fairies are weak to iron. So Iron Man is their worst nightmare.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Speedball posted:

Hahahaha. Of course. Fairies are weak to iron. So Iron Man is their worst nightmare.

This is why the Technocracy will always win.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

More excessive violence, here from G.I. Joe v1 #120, wherein Destro straight-up explodes a ninja.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Vincent posted:

I thought she was just another Spineless One, not an alternate version of Mojo. Mojo isn't the only member of his species.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

TwoPair posted:

Iron Man #24: Tony Stark is trying to hunt down the rings of the Mandarin, which have become sentient. However, the rings have recently caught the eye of Malekith, the dark elf antagonist from the last arc of Thor God of Thunder, who's trying to collect them all. So Tony tried to invade Svartalfheim to get them back but hosed up his stealth mission and now the elves are hunting him. Additionally, his suit's damaged and he's injured.

Holy poo poo, maybe I shouldn't have dropped Iron Man so soon. I got bored with it after a few issues, and I think Land was on it? Is there a good spot to hop on?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Leper Residue posted:

Holy poo poo, maybe I shouldn't have dropped Iron Man so soon. I got bored with it after a few issues, and I think Land was on it? Is there a good spot to hop on?

#18 is where Land leaves art and the current arc gets going. Although honestly if you can stomach the Land art, I'd really say everything since #6 has been good. (1-5 are a boring as hell and ultimately inconsequential Extremis story)

e: #17's a good issue too even if you don't read the rest of the arc it's attached to, as it introduces Tony's new brother Arno.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 15, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TwoPair posted:

#19 is where Land leaves art and the current arc gets going. Although honestly if you can stomach the Land art, I'd really say everything since #6 has been good. (1-5 are a boring as hell and ultimately inconsequential Extremis story)

That one was the obvious movie tiein right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

That one was the obvious movie tiein right?

Pretty much. There's no terrorist or Mandarin, but a bunch of guys with ill-defined powers are around while Tony narrates "Extremis is BAD". Kinda like how Thor God of Thunder's had Malekith, but he was in no way like his movie counterpart.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 15, 2014

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

TwoPair posted:

#18 is where Land leaves art and the current arc gets going. Although honestly if you can stomach the Land art, I'd really say everything since #6 has been good. (1-5 are a boring as hell and ultimately inconsequential Extremis story)

Awesome, I'll have to go find them. Land doesn't bother me too much as long as the story is good, so I'll try to find 6 and up. It's just Land plus Boring equals Oh Hell No.

And yeah, it was the crappy Extremis plot that made me drop.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TwoPair posted:

Pretty much. There's no terrorist or Mandarin, but a bunch of Extremist guys with ill-defined powers, so basically. Kinda like how Thor God of Thunder's had Malekith, but he was in no way like his movie counterpart.

Or when Iron Man 1 came out they had Stane's son as the villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ManiacClown posted:

More excessive violence, here from G.I. Joe v1 #120, wherein Destro straight-up explodes a ninja.

Did Destro's head get upgraded from silver to gold at some point?