Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
lets see what jonny jones thinks of paying for fight pass

quote:

@JonnyBones 1m
Is there a way I can get a free @UFC_FightPass account? I'll follow you please direct message me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Yuriy posted:

lets see what jonny jones thinks of paying for fight pass

Don't fall for it. He's going to narc you out.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@JonnyBones 1m
Man I'm trying to get the hook up “@hawrylukdagreat: @JonnyBones @UFC_FightPass dude spend the $6”

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Jon Jones is going to refuse to fight again until he gets a new contract that includes a fight pass membership and free Netflix streaming.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NippleFloss posted:

Jon Jones is going to refuse to fight again until he gets a new contract that includes a fight pass membership and free Netflix streaming.

He's going to need something to watch while he's recovering from the beating about to be laid on him.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@MMAFighting 4m
UFC lightweight Cristiano Marcello retires from MMA (@guicruzzz) http://sbn.to/RdZ3EA

MassRafTer posted:

He's going to need something to watch while he's recovering from the beating about to be laid on him.

Hahah no

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I'd like to see Jones lose but he's got so much new tape on exactly how a fight with Gustafsson will go and his team is super on point with that poo poo. In theory Gusto's camp could be even better at that sort of thing, but I know for a fact that Jones' team is all about it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Novum posted:

I'd like to see Jones lose but he's got so much new tape on exactly how a fight with Gustafsson will go and his team is super on point with that poo poo. In theory Gusto's camp could be even better at that sort of thing, but I know for a fact that Jones' team is all about it.

You, like Jon Jones are overlooking someone.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Wow, now I remember two things that seem so obvious.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

I'm looking to buy some "weed". Does anyone know where to buy some "weed"? tweet me @jonjones I'll be ur friend

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
MassRafter what caused you to hop on the glover train.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@sonnench 1m
Wanderlei's idea of a balanced diet? A Budweiser in each hand.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dangersim posted:

MassRafter what caused you to hop on the glover train.

I honestly have no idea I just really like him. I think I got a bit annoyed when some people dumped on him after the Gus/Jones fight with "Why is the guy who got dropped by Bader getting the shot?" It felt unfair to a fighter who is fairly strong in all areas and has a really entertaining style. Now, he absolutely could get destroyed by Jones and he should be an underdog. He's just really entertaining and seems like a nice dude who might have a skillset that matches up well with the champ.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

He has a lot of experience crushing cans

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MassRafTer posted:

I honestly have no idea I just really like him. I think I got a bit annoyed when some people dumped on him after the Gus/Jones fight with "Why is the guy who got dropped by Bader getting the shot?" It felt unfair to a fighter who is fairly strong in all areas and has a really entertaining style. Now, he absolutely could get destroyed by Jones and he should be an underdog. He's just really entertaining and seems like a nice dude who might have a skillset that matches up well with the champ.

i don't hate glover and even like the guy but he doesn't deserve this title shot for beating bader and looking vulnerable doing it.

but then again nick diaz is a fan favourite to get a shot on a 2 fight losing streak and gil's getting a shot for tooling diego and tj dillishaw etc so whatever

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

wooger posted:

Anyway, from my point of view it's a poor deal & doesn't even give us UK folk the same amount of live content that US subscribers get (due to the BT Sports deal blackouts). In comparison, for £8 a month you can get a BT internet connection with free live access to all the PPVs on BT Sports.*

Jump on a VPN, these guys are good: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/

$40 dollars a year but with the way things are with geolocking these days they're becoming a necessity.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Whoever said Nog was the definition of hittable was spot on. It was sad watching him get murdered like that, but you have to admit Nelson's KO was gorgeous. I always like when a fighter knows exactly when a fight is over and walks away. Him and Hunt have the best finishes. It seems like Nog's chin is completely eroded at this point. I hope Dana gives him the talk.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Yuriy posted:

quote:

@sonnench 1m
Wanderlei's idea of a balanced diet? A Budweiser in each hand.
Brazilian beer is actually good so this is extremely unlikely.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Atlas Hugged posted:

Whoever said Nog was the definition of hittable was spot on. It was sad watching him get murdered like that, but you have to admit Nelson's KO was gorgeous. I always like when a fighter knows exactly when a fight is over and walks away. Him and Hunt have the best finishes. It seems like Nog's chin is completely eroded at this point. I hope Dana gives him the talk.

His manger said he wanted to fight Mir again then would probably retire.

Nibbles! fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 13, 2014

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Nibbles141 posted:

His manger said he wanted to fight Mir again then would probably retire.

lol

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
That's a decent retirement fight for them both honestly.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Nah both guys should retire since Mir is 0-4 and TRTless now and Nogueira is a Kung Fu fighter named "Big Country"'s biggest win. At least the last time Nog got knocked out cold it was to the current and indestructible champion Cain Velasquez

If both guys really must fight again then you do Nog vs a bum in Brazil, like Nog vs Krylov, and then you give Mir a fight against Gonzaga in Vegas. Gonzaga is dangerous but gassy and sad enough to lose to Frank Mir.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

If both guys really must fight again then you do Nog vs a bum in Brazil, like Nog vs Krylov

You motherfucker

Also I like the idea of Mir/Nog a lot but both losers leave town

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

There's this too:

quote:

Josh Barnett ‏@JoshLBarnett Apr 11

So Big Nog says he wants to fight Mir then retire? Why not finish what we started? Because he knows he layed & prayed that last fight we had

I don't really feel like he won the 2nd fight. I did all the damage, sub attempts, & aggression. Let's see who finishes this best of 3.

I'm thinking that would go badly for Nog as well :sigh:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Bubba Smith posted:

Nah both guys should retire since Mir is 0-4 and TRTless now and Nogueira is a Kung Fu fighter named "Big Country"'s biggest win. At least the last time Nog got knocked out cold it was to the current and indestructible champion Cain Velasquez

If both guys really must fight again then you do Nog vs a bum in Brazil, like Nog vs Krylov, and then you give Mir a fight against Gonzaga in Vegas. Gonzaga is dangerous but gassy and sad enough to lose to Frank Mir.

Except you don't want guys who are on their way out potentially beating other people in the division.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

colonel_korn posted:

There's this too:

I'm thinking that would go badly for Nog as well :sigh:

I'd prefer to see this fight, because if someone is going to beat Nog at least it should be someone I like.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
I don't like Nog's chances against anyone ranked higher than Stefan Struve, dude is shot. Barnett retirement fight makes the most sense, though I don't see him winning it. I don't know why he wants to lose to Mir a third time, drop a decision and complete the hat trick? He should have retired after he beat Randy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bulging Nipples posted:

I don't like Nog's chances against anyone ranked higher than Stefan Struve, dude is shot. Barnett retirement fight makes the most sense, though I don't see him winning it. I don't know why he wants to lose to Mir a third time, drop a decision and complete the hat trick? He should have retired after he beat Randy.

He was doing great in the last Mir fight until Mir snapped his arm in half, he probably thinks he can win if that doesn't happen again. I think it is the fight to make. If Nog loses whatever, if he wins he's happy and Mir can retire knowing he beat him twice so it must be a fluke. Everyone is happy!

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

He was doing great in the last Mir fight until Mir snapped his arm in half, he probably thinks he can win if that doesn't happen again. I think it is the fight to make. If Nog loses whatever, if he wins he's happy and Mir can retire knowing he beat him twice so it must be a fluke. Everyone is happy!

I don't think if Nog loses it's 'whatever', it's 'gently caress that's horribly depressing.'

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

He was doing great until he lost in horrific fashion doesn't exactly have me brimming with confidence. He got knocked out cold and then got his arm broken, one man can't really beat you more convincingly than that. It doesn't even have the weirdness of Anderson's freak leg break to create excuses or what ifs, he just got plain old beat twice.

At least with Barnett it's a rubber match and he wasn't just crushed both matches.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bulging Nipples posted:

He was doing great until he lost in horrific fashion doesn't exactly have me brimming with confidence. He got knocked out cold and then got his arm broken, one man can't really beat you more convincingly than that. It doesn't even have the weirdness of Anderson's freak leg break to create excuses or what ifs, he just got plain old beat twice.

At least with Barnett it's a rubber match and he wasn't just crushed both matches.

he was in no way crushed in the second mir fight. he was beating the everloving gently caress out of mir until he got caught in a hail mary submission by an extremely good grappler. watch the fight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bulging Nipples posted:

The first one had a much more legitimate what if than Anderson getting flash KOed and then breaking his leg on a check in the same fight. Nog had been hospitalized for a staph infection and was in a lovely state going into that fight. He also didn't get knocked cold in that fight, although he sure as hell couldn't fight back at the end. Barnett as a fighter is much closer to elite level than Mir, Mir and Nog are both deep into their decline. I don't want to see Nog fight Barnett at all, that sounds way sadder than Mir. At least against Mir he showed some capacity to get the better of him in the second loss. Barnett just sounds like a slaughter, and I'm not a big believer in Barnett. They may have split wins 8 years ago, but I really don't see Nog being competitive with him today.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
yeah i like the option where mir and nog don't fight at all any more. mir can take trt so his wife won't emasculate him more and nog can do whatever a brazilian dude who has way more mileage than his age would indicate does

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

he was in no way crushed in the second mir fight. he was beating the everloving gently caress out of mir until he got caught in a hail mary submission by an extremely good grappler. watch the fight.

I just rewatched it to see if I remembered it correctly, you're right he didn't get crushed, but getting your arm broken is a pretty convincing loss no matter what was happening previously. Nog rocked Mir and was close to finishing him but Mir recovered well on the ground, swept Nog after escaping the guillotine and then broke his arm with a kimura.

I get that Mir and Nog are both legends on a decline in the twilight of their careers, and it'd make a lot of sense if Mir hadn't finished him both times they fought. I just see the fight as a bit pointless, but as I said before I personally think Nog should have retired after Randy.

As for Barnett, I'm sort of grasping at historical relevance rather than good matchmaking, and sad as it is to say if you want a competitive match for Nog at this point you're looking at Struves or Gonzagas

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

what y'all think gonna happen with that there browne v werdum fight? i hope werdum wins but browne is pretty good at battering folks. dunno what his avenue to victory aside from elbow his noggin is, though. someone who isn't me please give a better breakdown than oaf man versus funny face.

the real highlight is i'm going to be in mexico for it and the commentators spend most of the time talking poo poo and calling each other gay. i look forward to seeing how they insult their usual commentary partner werdum as a homosexual in his absence during the main event.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the main reason i don't want them to fight is because one of them has to win which means one of them will think they're still excellent and keep fighting

e: don't know what's going to happen in brown / werdum but i do know you'd be a loving idiot to put money on it

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

e: don't know what's going to happen in brown / werdum but i do know you'd be a loving idiot to put money on it

yeah that's probably all the analysis that's needed

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Marching Powder posted:

you'd be a loving idiot to put money on it

fd make this the new gambling thread title pls

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
I think Werdum is going to be unable to get it to the ground, and then Browne will knock him out or soundly outstrike him to a decision. Probably a decision because Werdum is a hard guy to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Werdum will box him up pretty hard and it will be cool.

• Locked thread