Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

crabrock posted:

you're under no obligation to accept a brawl, but turning one down makes you look a huge wimp. They've only been turned down a handful of times, to the best of my knowledge (you'd be better off asking Kaishai, TD's resident archivist).

Still, you lose absolutely nothing but pride from losing a brawl, and I don't see how Benny even has any of that left.

I might be wrong, but for some reason I think Benny still has a poo poo load of pride and that was why he never changed. Maybe that was earlier on?

Anyway, I'd like to thank you and the other thunderdome people posting in this thread, not for encouraging Benny, but for showing me the thunderdome because there are some good stories in there and I like reading them.

Now let's all eat, drink, be happy, goldmine this thread, and ban Benny.

Praise Allah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I just hoped that maybe accomplishing something toward his goals (writing) would A) dispel the fantasy that he'd ever get a career doing that and make him think about getting a real job and B) show him how it felt to actually finish something and get him on that path.

but he'll never accomplish anything until he gets his brain fixed, which he seems to refuse to do, so gently caress it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He declined, what a shithead.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
Haha I thought this thread looked familiar. The hardass life coaches of E/N have been bullying a cringing mama's boy in circles for over a year now, great job everyone.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Is that a serious post? It's been a long day and I'm not too sure.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
I can't fathom how this thread is 131 pages long

franco
Jan 3, 2003
It's going to be closed tomorrow (one of the hire-ups will probably do it).

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

swamp waste posted:

Haha I thought this thread looked familiar. The hardass life coaches of E/N have been bullying a cringing mama's boy in circles for over a year now, great job everyone.

I would let random internet strangers bully me for a year, if they actually spent a year giving me life-tips and showing concern for my wellbeing. hth.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Can you give somebody in a diaper a wedgie

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Ignoarints posted:

I can't fathom how this thread is 131 pages long

Because poking a stick at a diaper making GBS threads anchor baby is fun!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Croc Monster posted:

Because poking a stick at a diaper making GBS threads anchor baby is fun!

This but unironically

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

franco posted:

the hire-ups

This is the second time I've seen this in this thread. It's higher-ups.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.

Schmeichy posted:

The first time was from the OP. The second time was making fun of the OP.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Schmeichy posted:

Congrats - you're as stupid as Benny!

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Schmeichy posted:

Ahahahahaha, holmes you are an idiot.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

What's with all of the spelling errors and awkward grammatical constructions I.T.T.?!

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
This thread is p. long, but I read the OP and I think I see the problem. Benny, have you tried getting a job and moving out? Then you could watch whatever shows you want! :yayclod:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Oh thank god. I was hoping it was a joke.

franco
Jan 3, 2003
Sure you were :rolleyes:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Oh dear is this the part where the well is totally full of piss so everyone turns on each other?

Fugue Stater
Oct 17, 2012

Aqua Bear posted:

I might be wrong, but for some reason I think Benny still has a poo poo load of pride and that was why he never changed. Maybe that was earlier on?

That's probably it, actually. Don't alcoholics and other drug addicts usually have to hit rock bottom before they'll start owning up to their poo poo and making genuine changes? I don't think Benny's hit that point yet, because he's too comfortable where he is. Free shelter, food, entertainment, and all the time in the world to do whatever he wants - there are probably a billion people in this world who'd kill for that. He's actively disincentivized from changing, since any stab at independence will lead to more work and hardship for (probably) a lower quality of life in the near-term. He can maintain his self-image because his lifestyle is OK.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Saros posted:

Oh dear is this the part where the well is totally full of piss so everyone turns on each other?

Once the well fills with piss, we can simply swim to the top and climb out of the well.

The pathway to healing is more piss.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
What's going on here now anyway? Last thing I read was like a year ago when he thought calling into work hung over was a clever lie to cover for something else.

Fugue Stater
Oct 17, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

What's going on here now anyway? Last thing I read was like a year ago when he thought calling into work hung over was a clever lie to cover for something else.

Oh, Benny? Having followed our advice diligently, he's gotten a nice editing job, moved out of his house into a cozy 1 BR flat, and is now dating a Comicon booth model. He's currently negotiating with Pearson and Random House for the rights to his novel, which is in final stages of revision as we speak. Word on the street is that Random House is using underhanded tactics to try to win the bid, and the developing scandal is becoming known as Hentaigate.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Also, Target went out of business.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The only thing that surprises me about Benny abandoning the thread is that it took over a year to finally do so.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

docbeard posted:

Also, Target went out of business.

It is now a post-apocalyptic wasteland of dented cars and battered shopping carts with the occasional "thank you for the interview" card blowing through the destruction like a tumbleweed.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The only thing that surprises me about Benny abandoning the thread is that it took over a year to finally do so.

you didn't read this thread closely at all then.

Perhaps you should read it again. Tomorrow?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

crabrock posted:

Don't start with me, fucker. Of pigs. I've been reading this thread since the beginning.

EDIT: Hey, remember that time I called you a pigfucker? I'm sorry.

Perfidia
Nov 25, 2007
It's a fact!

crabrock posted:

This is really good advice and I for one plan on taking it. In the absence of Pure Benny we have all to become our own bennies.

Fugue Stater
Oct 17, 2012

Perfidia posted:

This is really good advice and I for one plan on taking it. In the absence of Pure Benny we have all to become our own bennies.

What a masterstroke troll this would be if his intended goal all along was to get us so addicted to his story that he could get us to fund his new pilot that he plans to pitch to NBC called "That's My Benny!". Expect the Kickstarter page to be up soon.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Fugue Stater posted:

That's probably it, actually. Don't alcoholics and other drug addicts usually have to hit rock bottom before they'll start owning up to their poo poo and making genuine changes?

"Rock bottom" is an extremely subjective thing, though. It can be mild behaviour/consequences for one person and extreme behaviour/consequences for the next. You can't really predict what anyone's "rock bottom" will be - some people can lose pretty much everything in their lives and still not be motivated to change.

Benny shouldn't need the threat of bad consequences to motivate him to get his poo poo together and move out of home. Most young adults do that because they want and value independence, not because life at home is absolutely terrible. Benny seemingly has home circumstances he legitimately wants to escape and yet that's still not enough to motivate him. I definitely wouldn't count on him hitting any meaningful "rock bottom" any time soon.

Perfidia
Nov 25, 2007
It's a fact!

Fugue Stater posted:

What a masterstroke troll this would be if his intended goal all along was to get us so addicted to his story that he could get us to fund his new pilot that he plans to pitch to NBC called "That's My Benny!". Expect the Kickstarter page to be up soon.

Kickstarter? Are you insane? You'd have to actually finish something to get the money out, then --- do that other service instead, where you just have to write a pitch and can cash out whether it results in anything or not. That's the Benny Way.

Actually, Benny works great as a cautionary tale. Do you want to settle down and (to quote a custom text) amount to nothing in life? Nay, I say unto you: gathering moss is uncool, so be thou like the Rolling Stones.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
It's always a little sad when a good E/N thread eventually peters out. Goodbye Benny the Snake. May you long fuel terrible jokes about runaway shopping carts.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
Is it? It's been 5000 posts man. I think petering out is long overdue

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
He died in a tragic shopping cart accident. He's in purgatory, copying his resume until the judgement day fair.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

cname posted:

He died in a tragic shopping cart accident. He's in purgatory, copying his resume until the judgement day fair.

Unfortunately by the time he gets there Jesus and the Holy Ghost will be packing up to go home so he can only give his resume to a few dead middle management dudes and maybe an old French saint.

laplace fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 14, 2014

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The fair is Tomorrow :effort:

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Palisader posted:

Goodbye Benny the Snake. May you long fuel terrible jokes about runaway shopping carts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Mom freaks us out over TV show now wants us to throw out all our stuff out

A tale of post-adolescence employment pursuit.
-By, Benny the Snake

• Locked thread