Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The Shamrock Color Pack is back in the market for 1,000 credits for some reason. So grab it if you missed it the first time, like I did.
Hah, good looking out. Definitely seems like a mistake.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Oh hey, my dark sword and dagger do radiation damage as a base now, and my plasma sword does electricity damage as a base. And none of the other three primary damage types. Did they make any other changes to damage types?

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
How big is the damage increase from channeling? Is it worth dropping elemental damage mods for channel damage and efficiency?

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

NeurosisHead posted:

Oh hey, my dark sword and dagger do radiation damage as a base now, and my plasma sword does electricity damage as a base. And none of the other three primary damage types. Did they make any other changes to damage types?

Scoliac still does base toxic
lecta does base electricity
Heat Dagger/swords/dual heat swords proc dudes to get lit on fire
Prova does base electric

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Coach Sport posted:

How big is the damage increase from channeling? Is it worth dropping elemental damage mods for channel damage and efficiency?

It seems to be 150% damage at base. I think the +channel damage mods are multiplicative, so a maxed killing blow takes it to 330% damage. Between energy siphon and carrier, I haven't had trouble keeping my energy up at 5 energy per swing, although I'd definitely want to offset the efficiency loss from mods like corrupt charge.

I'd definitely shove at least killing blow into any melee build that can fit it, although pressure point is higher priority. So basically the same relationship between damage and multishot mods.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Male Man posted:

I think the +channel damage mods are multiplicative, so a maxed killing blow takes it to 330% damage.
I highly doubt this is the case, but if anyone's done some significant testing I'd be happy to see evidence to the contrary. Also it would be 320%, not 330%.

I will also add that Spoiled Strike is very good these days as well. It's cheap to slot and can actually make certain combos easier to pull off thanks to more generous timing (I'm looking at you, Clashing Forest).

Edit: Just did some testing myself. channel damage mods are NOT multiplicative. Killing Blow + Corrupt Charge is 260% damage.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 12, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Vay Hek is a combination Baron Harkonnen and a Turkey.

He's still the funniest Grineer though.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Alright after having not played since November, how do I melee now.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

amuayse posted:

Alright after having not played since November, how do I melee now.

Mash the melee button to melee, as it used to be. Except there are no more charge attacks. Hold the change weapon button to switch your active weapon to melee, which lets you build up combos for a damage multiplier, block with the aim button (blocking it actually worthwhile now--it straight prevents all damage and status effects), hold the shoot button to "channel": exchanging 5 energy per strike for bonus damage (mods can effect this and all the old charge mods are now channeling mods), and use the special combo attacks granted by melee stances (basically auras for your sword--dropped mostly by miscellaneous mooks).

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Is there any way to get back the old UI? It just feels really small and scattered compared to how it used to be.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Terbulus posted:

Why does -duration affect dash length
please tell me im not the only one who thinks this doesn't make sense
Dash Length = Speed of dash * Duration of dash
Speed is fixed, so changing duration modifies length.

It makes sense when you think about how the numbers work
But it is by no means intuitive.
Making it another fine example of DEsign.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tracula posted:

Is there any way to get back the old UI? It just feels really small and scattered compared to how it used to be.
You can adjust the scale in the options menu, which helps a bunch. Just crank it up. Once you get used to it it's not so bad, though. They've also indicated that they want to add some customization options to it in the future, but there's no timetable on that just yet.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Helter Skelter posted:

You can adjust the scale in the options menu, which helps a bunch. Just crank it up. Once you get used to it it's not so bad, though. They've also indicated that they want to add some customization options to it in the future, but there's no timetable on that just yet.

Yeah, I did that, thanks. It does definitely help a lot. Some sorta of centralized UI kinda like Planetside 2 offers would be great but it's so much more usable with the scale jacked up.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I just realized that Vay Hek is basically the Grineer Rob Ford.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Tracula posted:

Yeah, I did that, thanks. It does definitely help a lot. Some sorta of centralized UI kinda like Planetside 2 offers would be great but it's so much more usable with the scale jacked up.

I have the UI scale bumped up a bit, but more importantly I have it moved about halfway inwards. It's much easier to keep your eyes on all the key details when they're more centered around your character.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I just realized that Vay Hek is basically the Grineer Rob Ford.

I just love that players farmed him literally to the point of madness. After dying that many times, they probably barely had enough left to put together his head again.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
How important is slashing / puncture / impact damage?

I started off with the Mag, I like the crowd control of Pull and Crush. But she feels a bit slow, I usually charge in with Braton blazing to soften them up and sword to finish. What weapons should I aim for with that playstyle? Or should I just buy an Excalibur / Loki instead?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
At first the difference isn't too great but essentially if it's bare skin, Slashing is best, if it's heavy armour, Puncture is best, and if it's shields, Impact is best.

If you like charging in and finishing with melee I'd recommend a fast-firing weapon unless your moving accuracy is quite high. Guns like the Karak or Tetra are goodish up until you can get a Gorgon/Supra/Soma. You might try the burston/hind; I found with a high rank serration the Hind is less than bad.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If anyone wants, I'd be happy to put up a little guide for fleecing pubbies out of their mods/BPs/parts/plat. Seriously, if you're patient and not attached to your unbuilt space-pixels, there is bank to me made. I don't want to poo poo up the thread if it's not wanted though, so I leave it up to you fine gentlemen.

Additionally, welfare handouts are in effect again, just let me know what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do. If I don't have it, I add it to a list of who needs what depending on who asked for it first.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Apparently some people are not in fact losing their Argon Crystals due to half-life, and the crystals are instead multiplying in their inventory. I knew there was some DE left in this feature.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
If anyone didn't know, because blocking blocks all damage and status effects you can use it to run strait through Corpus laser barriers and Grineer magnetic doors with no I'll effects.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Looking at the system map, it seems like a lot of alliances are just setting the rails to default to zero taxes. I'm kinda wondering how DE will respond if no one bothers to challenge any of the free rails.

TurboPriest
Aug 30, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

Okay, here's the requirements for getting an alliance invite:

1. What is your clan name? Weeabusa
2. How large are you? 17 nerds
3. Are you actually active? 16 of them playing the gam
4. Why are you not part of the main goon clan? I am in GOON but my friends decided build up a dojo when goon was full, also they creative freedom to do this

Quote this post with your answers and I'll get around to it.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Verant posted:

Looking at the system map, it seems like a lot of alliances are just setting the rails to default to zero taxes. I'm kinda wondering how DE will respond if no one bothers to challenge any of the free rails.

Yeah, I've got no beef with/desire to mess with dudes who don't tax the public with their mass conduits space dilldos solar rails. The only rails I'm interested in seeing burned down are those belonging to TEST, because gently caress TEST.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

PathAsc posted:

If anyone wants, I'd be happy to put up a little guide for fleecing pubbies out of their mods/BPs/parts/plat. Seriously, if you're patient and not attached to your unbuilt space-pixels, there is bank to me made. I don't want to poo poo up the thread if it's not wanted though, so I leave it up to you fine gentlemen.

Additionally, welfare handouts are in effect again, just let me know what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do. If I don't have it, I add it to a list of who needs what depending on who asked for it first.

By fleecing do you mean "taking them for more/less than the item is worth" or outright scamming them and not delivering?

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Joined a match and was stuck at this spot and camera angle the whole time. Second image was the pause menu :shepface: Open beta!

"LEBENSERHALTUNGSSYSTEM"

Pneumatic Toaster
Mar 23, 2008

PathAsc posted:

I'm working on/looking for Ankyros gauntlets (x2), out of T2Survival. I'd appreciate it if you kept an eye out. My in-game name is Symbols, and I don't actually expect anything.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'll make a pastebin with my spare Prime parts. I'm really close to Rank 15. :toot:

PathAsc posted:

This would be great, by the way. :)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Galaga Galaxian posted:

By fleecing do you mean "taking them for more/less than the item is worth" or outright scamming them and not delivering?

The former, unless they are complete and utter filth. I haven't outright scammed and not delivered of my own volition yet, but I won't say it'll never happen either.

Pneumatic Toaster posted:

I'm working on/looking for Ankyros gauntlets (x2), out of T2Survival. I'd appreciate it if you kept an eye out. My in-game name is Symbols, and I don't actually expect anything.

You're on my list then, those bastards are eluding me this week.

Azran posted:

I'll make a pastebin with my spare Prime parts. I'm really close to Rank 15. :toot:

This would be great, by the way. :)

Alright, I'll start on it and have it up sometime tomorrow then, unless there are objections.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I upgraded my PC recently so I decided to try Warframe out since I can now run it properly and oh man, this is so fun. I haven't had this much fun doing PvE in an MMO since Global Agenda, and I've sunk 600 hours into that game.
Combat system is amazing!

I got a small bit of platinum and bought the Nami Skyla with that(plus some flair) since it seemed to be quite fast and it had the highest spin-slash damage and I love beyblade-ing across the maps.
I took Loki as my starting frame for some reason and right now the only power I use is Invisibility, to hide and recharge my shield when in a tight spot. I really love jumping and spinning around like a crazy sunnuvabich, rushing into crowds and killing everything before it kills me (works really well, I have only died 2-3 times and I always get most damage and kills).

I have a couple of questions though.
Since Loki's powers don't fit my play-style at all I was thinking about buying Valkyr with plat, since her powers seem to fit with this playstyle and she's got a massive amount of stamina apparently.
Is it a good choice? Also how long would it take me to craft that frame without spending money?

Another thing, what the hell does Channeling do? The only thing I noticed and the main reason why I channel all the time if because enemies explode into nice shiny clouds in color of my choice, which is awesome.

EDIT: I just finished last mission on Earth but I'm still Rank 0 because of the 24 hour cooldown(I started playing yesterday).

NullDragon
Jun 22, 2013

Male Man posted:

It seems to be 150% damage at base. I think the +channel damage mods are multiplicative, so a maxed killing blow takes it to 330% damage. Between energy siphon and carrier, I haven't had trouble keeping my energy up at 5 energy per swing, although I'd definitely want to offset the efficiency loss from mods like corrupt charge.

I'd definitely shove at least killing blow into any melee build that can fit it, although pressure point is higher priority. So basically the same relationship between damage and multishot mods.

Incorrect, after testing it. +50% damage at base. +100% channeling damage amplifies that to +100% damage, or double damage when you activate channeling. +120% would, presumably, be 2.1x normal damage then. This was tested on Grineer on Mercury, with an otherwise heavily modded ichor and watching the damage numbers pop up. 500 damage normally, 750 with channeling with no killing blow, 1000 with a +100% channeling damage killing blow mod.

Can be worth it, especially since it multiplies TOTAL damage after all elemental damages and everything. And with maxed channeling efficiency mods, you can get the cost of channeling down to a whopping 0 energy(there's no efficiency cap that I know of).

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Don't buy Valkyr with plat. If you're going to buy any frame with plat, only buy the 75-play frames. Valkyr's available from Alad V in Jupiter, and has inexpensive build prices.

Valkyr loving rules and is well worth it. Rhino's also pretty good until then.

Channeling seems to increase the base damage of your melee attacks at the expense of some energy per swing. Great for most frames - less great for Valkyr, oddly. Valkyr should keep 100 energy on hand at all times for Hysteria and basically always be in Hysteria because it's your invincible murdermode.

NullDragon
Jun 22, 2013
Ask in clan or alliance chat if someone can help you grind for a frame. Chances are, someone might be willing to group with you and help you get the parts you need.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Because I've seen a few painful decisions made lately:

Do not buy warframes with platinum!
Do not buy weapons with platinum!
Do not buy resources with platinum!
Do not rush items in the foundry!

You can get all of these things with a little effort ingame and it's throwing your money away to pay for them.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

With platinum, do buy:
- Frame Slots
- Weapon Slots
- maybe a sentinel, maybe, probably just Carrier if so
- nothing else
- okay, colour schemes and skins maybe but that's it, for real

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, that mod that adds melee lifesteal and reduces channeling efficiency. Combine it with rage and a valkyr and it might be possible to be in invincible murder mode all the time with any weapon.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah, I'm not sending that invite. The intention is to bring goon splinter clans together. I am not interested in creating a coalition of terrible pubbies.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

:frogsiren:MAKE MAD MONIES LIKE A REAL GOON:frogsiren:

The art and mastery of harvesting pubbies for space cash and tears is but one of many pillars that goons have erected over the years. What I describe below are tried and true methods that I vouch for and have used many times. Please feel free to add your methods as there are many ways to skin a cat.

Understand that most of this comes down to patience and being in the right place at the right time. Warframe prices are primarily dependent on sperging teens with someone else's money in their hand. If it's shiny or new (or both) they will poo poo golden bars into your hand to get it. Case in point: Akbronco Prime links-Initial price was 300-500 plat, two weeks later the market is saturated and good luck selling for more that 5-10 plat, if you could even sell one.

So here's the quick and dirty rules:

1. Sell early, sell often. You can get the pixels back later, profit now. This is baseline market management, never forget it. Be patient and sell high. If you can buy below your sell price, stock up and sell for 10%-20% plat more than you bought the pixels for. Don't try to blow the price higher, you'll just hurt your chances. (Unless of course the pubbie is extra special, then fleece them hard.)

2. Inflate your market. A personal favorite of mine is to place WTB advertisements in trade chat for stupid high prices (like 500 for Tranquil Cleave, the hanzo steel stance). You will get people falling out of their web-enabled rascal scooters to pm you to sell their space-cards or whatever. Calmly tell them you have a few of whatever it is they're selling, and that you are simply inflating the market, they will not object. If they do, they won't tell anyone else because of greed. Additionally, if you see someone selling low in chat, pm them and tell them that they are lowballing themselves and could "totally do better." The common excuse is that they need the plat now, or just don't need the pixels. Don't press the issue, inform them, buy it from them (after negotiating an even lower price -more on that later-) and re-list, and move on.

3. Timezones outside of GMT-8 to GMT-5 (North American Time Zones) are important. Figure out when your playtime can match up with primetime in some other country, like the EU. This has nothing to do with the people in the country, but everything to do with the amount of individuals trading during their prime time. GMT-8 to GMT-5 prime times are so densely packed that it can be a colossal pain in the rear end to move product. Meanwhile, in the times when no one is on, you can make amazing deals due to the impatience of a weary seller/buyer. Additionally, with a lack of trade-chat babble, prices are even more wobbly than normal.

4. Abuse wftrading.net. Seriously, this site is ok at best. Use it for baseline prices, then go from there. Not enough pubbies use it to make it consistent, it's a glorified wiki as far as I'm concerned. You can report bogus prices to some effect to it, but don't expect a huge impact on the market unless you can get someone to see an adjusted price you made happen, while also hoping they don't read comments. Use it as a failsafe when gauging your own prices vs. whatever travesty is going on in trade chat.

5. Silver tongues and mental fellatio. Be the salesgoon you know you are. You need to project an air of benevolent superiority. Don't be a dick, and don't coddle the pubbies. Reassure them that whatever price you are giving is the best they will get due to "circumstances." Here's a breakdown of one from today:

*Pubbie: I'll sell you the BP for 25 plat.
*Goon: How about 18 plat and two cores, that's the best offer I've given all day for this.
*Pubbie: 20 and cores? Or is 18 all the plat you have?[/b]
*Goon: No, I have much more plat, I just won't go higher than that. I'd normally offer 15, but I want to flip the BP fast before the market tanks next week. More than 18 and I make no profit from buying yours.
*Pubbie: What makes you thing the market will tank?
*Goon: Look at akbronco links, they started at 3-500 plat, then two weeks later I can't sell for more than 10 plat, if I can even sell them at all. There are links everywhere, and T3MobDef keys drop like candy.
*Pubbie: Hmmmmm... True.
*Goon: Tell you what, I'll throw in an extra core if you trust me enough for a second trade.
*Pubbie: No, you're right, it's a deal for the plat and 2 cores.

(Yes, this happened not even 8 hours ago)

And that's how the west was won that time. Lie and barter intelligently. Make your sales pitch sound true, not too good to be true. Use "factual" information that sounds correct. So far, there is no legitimate way to look at market trends in Warframe, aside from your own experience. Prey upon the inexperience of pubbies and their shaky knowlede of bartering.

6. Always try to trade pixels before straight plat, then a mix of pixels and plat, then go to plat. Unless the pubbie is being a hardass, trade poo poo that can drop first, save plat for extreme circumstances where time is of the essence. Or just save it for scarves and sword-keychains.

7. Never divulge your gooniness. There is almost no way for them to know you are a goon, and if they find out, go by their demeanor. If they are impressed, wax on about our amazing bro-love or some other sperging fps brofist poo poo. If they are squeamish, tell them you got sponsored in by a friend and are just in it for them because "reasons."

*In trade chat there is a disclaimer that DE will not enforce trades for promises. While this doesn't say scamming for them is frowned upon, it doesn't make it perfectly fine either. Tread lightly gooneer. Report your findings if you venture into this territory. I'm working on finding out myself, and will edit this post accordingly.

8. Outright scamming: do it smartly. Reading comprehension is at an all-time-low for space ninjas. If you can sneak the wrong part/bp/whatever in and they click accept offer, it's game over for them. A simple "oh, I thought you meant you needed this part," will usually suffice. Adding to this, cancelled trades automatically resume if you start a trade with the same partner. Abuse this, they will most likely be trigger-happy to hit accept offer. There is no shame, only profit. Feign ignorance when necessary, it is your right.

9. Coordinate with fellow goons at times to mind-gently caress pubbies via pm. You'll need to be creative and utilize mumble/teamspeak/irc/whatever. Just make sure you're both on the same page and know what the end-goal is for whoever makes the trade. Set an upper and lower limit for your trade, and keep your trade windows clean so you don't gently caress up and send a goon message to the terrible pubbie-scum. Make sure you split the profits with your helper-goon. Nothing says best-tennos 4ever like matching scarves and carrier parrots on Vaubans you bought with righteous plat harvested from the mentally inept.

10. Never be afraid to ask for advice in clan/alliance chat. Personally I stick to clan chat first since the alliance is new, but that will change over the next few weeks. Mainly I just don't want to ruffle feathers right off the bat. That being said, I assume it will happen, and I don't care.

11. Don't scam goons/alliance members. It should go without saying, so just try to make a slight effort to see who they are before you shave their pubic hair and sell it back to them as a wig for their AIDS baby.

There's probably more I'm forgetting, but my pain pills are kicking in. Berate me for my terrible long post.

-Nanopathogen

There will be more added soon, I'll highlight the additions below this line in some way.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
^I can tell that's a cool tip guide even though I have basically 0 idea of anything you're referring to, kudos.

I'm a new player and I had a new rank mastery test bug the gently caress out and freeze up for no reason earlier, which is super cool. If I do stuff that's supposed to gain rank XP like clear new levels for the first time during the 24 hour cooldown, do I just lose that XP while the rank bar is stuck on max?

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 13, 2014

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
You still earn mastery, it floods over to the next rank even if you haven't finished the test.

Or so I've been told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

PathAsc posted:

:frogsiren:MAKE MAD MONIES LIKE A REAL GOON:frogsiren:

Yeah this worked for me earlier today.
I had a Tranquil Cleave I wanted to sell and at first this one pub offered me 120 and some mods but after I declined the mods, he straight up offered the 150 and somehow during the trade it became 175 but I didn't complain :v:

Good to know there's wftrading for a baseline on what to offer/sell for too.