Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

whatshesaid posted:

I loved the KOTH picture so much I posted it to my Facebook. Your faces are already posted on the internet, but if being on a stranger's Facebook bothers you, let me know and I'll remove. A lot of fantastic Bob's Burgers in here, but this one is a first. Excellent.

Although I am a fat white man from Texas, that picture is not of me or anyone I know. Go hog wild!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

whatshesaid posted:

I loved the KOTH picture so much I posted it to my Facebook. Your faces are already posted on the internet, but if being on a stranger's Facebook bothers you, let me know and I'll remove. A lot of fantastic Bob's Burgers in here, but this one is a first. Excellent.

That picture's been floating around for a couple years I think.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Boomerjinks posted:

She did not. It's the real-deal, and she actually plays bass so she is getting real use out of it. One of those situations where if you do it rightwrong, musical people will hate you and if you do it wrongright, cosplay power nerds will hate you. I think she made the right choice. Find a chinese replica, however: DRILL BABY DRILL!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That Violet. I like it. Plus, Incredibles 2 is finally coming out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wow. I love how she worked the stupid seems from the comics in.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I think my favorite part is the shield that is barely attached to her costume. God Nu52 was such a bullshit idea.

She did a hell of a job on it though, loving she did seams instead of the black line art I see all the time.

YES AN INVULNERABLE PERSON WHO CAN FLY AND IS ONE OF THE STRONGEST AND TOUGHEST PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE NEEDS ARMOR DAMMIT. MORE ARMOR. EVERYONE NEEDS ARMOR. EVEN RUNS FAST GUY WHO RUNS FASTER THAN THE BULLETS CAN COME AT HIM. AAAAAARRRRMMMOOOOORRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Obviously it's not for protection, it's so her clothes don't burn off or tear as easily.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Rhyno posted:

Hell, it might have even made it easier to make, or at least fit properly, rather than using a body suit or something.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think my favorite part is the shield that is barely attached to her costume. God Nu52 was such a bullshit idea.

Wait, that wasn't a costume flaw, that's actually an element of the design she's basing it off?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Depends on the artist, but yea. Floaty S symbol is a thing.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Man, this would've been perfect without Fake Sexy Pikachu and Corduroy Gastly ruining the shot. I hope they didn't follow these three around and try posing with them all day. That costume is magical.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Corduroy Gastly
*Arbok
:goonsay:

e: I just noticed Porco Rosso in the background doing the "I'm either too creepy or shy to ask properly, so I'll make do with a back shot" thing.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
Emerald City Comic Con pictures:

and, for good measure, my Han Solo and my partner's Slave Prince Leia (worn on Saturday, taken by another photographer):

PezMaster has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Apr 12, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

PezMaster posted:

and, for good measure, my Han Solo and my partner's Slave Prince Leia (worn on Saturday, taken by another photographer):

This is about the only crossplay of Slave Leia that hasn't made me want to wretch.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

PezMaster posted:

Emerald City Comic Con pictures:

I love Yzma and Kronk there.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I wen't to Anime Boston a few weeks back. Here's some highlights.

Yeah...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PezMaster posted:

Seconding that Prince Leia is pretty good.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Wooten posted:

I wen't to Anime Boston a few weeks back. Here's some highlights.

Yeah...

Looks like he has the neckbeard down, though I'm guessing he had that before deciding on a costume.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights is a fairly obscure cosplay I'd say. OTOH, it probably doubles as Ren Faire garb

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Friend of mine emailed me this pic set of an awesome batman costume, but I love how facebook kinda cut the middle pic off to look like Bat's lost his footing on the way down.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

What is Pippi Longstocking doing in Frozen? :v:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Being adorable is what she's doing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Renoistic posted:

What is Pippi Longstocking doing in Frozen? :v:

That is clearly Wendy.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

This is some uncanny valley poo poo and looks terrible even with all of the effort probably involved imo.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

DiggityDoink posted:

This is some uncanny valley poo poo and looks terrible even with all of the effort probably involved imo.

:frogout:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

DiggityDoink posted:

I don't think you "get" cosplay.

Not digging the hair wired up but otherwise it's pretty drat good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She's holding up the hair, its not wired.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DiggityDoink posted:

He's got a point, that photo looks like it's had a bunch of post processing done to it which makes them look like airbrushed mannequins. This larger version is a little better:

These particular cosplayers went all out and made a bunch of different Frozen costumes:

There's a long photoset here.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hah hah I totally missed her hands holding up the hair due to focusing on the hair itself and not the pale hands.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Boomerjinks posted:

Are we outing fellow goons with fantastic cosplays? Is that what we're doing?

:vince:

I hate to admit it but this is extremely my poo poo. Great costume.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Tracula posted:

This is about the only crossplay of Slave Leia that hasn't made me want to wretch.

That's 60% of the fun of that kind of costume, though! :v: But yeah, they both look great.

I agree that the Frozen cosplay pictures are kinda uncanny valley. When ever people over photoshop cosplay pictures it kind of ruins them.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Tracula posted:

I actually read "Slave Leia" and just kept scrolling by and didn't even look. Saw the replies later that it was a good cross play, and no retching? I mean, I gotta see that! I scrolled back up to see what the fuss was about and it was awesome. Good work you two! There are enough horrible Slave Leia to begin with, getting it done with a great cross play is doubly impressive.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Supposedly the dude on the left is the Nia-bodypillow guy.

Silentman0 has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Apr 14, 2014

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I actually read "Slave Leia" and just kept scrolling by and didn't even look. Saw the replies later that it was a good cross play, and no retching? I mean, I gotta see that! I scrolled back up to see what the fuss was about and it was awesome. Good work you two! There are enough horrible Slave Leia to begin with, getting it done with a great cross play is doubly impressive.

Thanks (to you and the other couple goons) - that means a lot to me :) The Slave Leia was my first 100% hand crafted costume, and I have always been worried about the design, but I'm glad it's being received well. It's a relief.

Here's my favourite from the Emerald City masquerade - a 16 person Game of Thrones group (from facebook):

Better picture of some of them (from their facebook):

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

PezMaster posted:

Thanks (to you and the other couple goons) - that means a lot to me :) The Slave Leia was my first 100% hand crafted costume, and I have always been worried about the design, but I'm glad it's being received well. It's a relief.

Whyyyyyy didn't you post the picture from the trash compactor set???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

PezMaster posted:

Here's my favourite from the Emerald City masquerade - a 16 person Game of Thrones group (from facebook):

Better picture of some of them (from their facebook):

why would you cosplay as Lysa Arryn AND her breastfeeding son

• Locked thread